Bambu Hostel Reviews

C/Virgincita San Mateo Abajo, David City, Panama

I stayed at both, purple house and bambu hostel and bambu was definitely a lot better!

Bambu hostel was fantastic! I went to David seeking a dentist and the owner, Greg, was very helpful in finding one. The hostel has everything you could want. Fairly priced rooms, a pool, a kitchen, foosball table, loads of hammocks next to the bar and a friendly knowledgable owner. Definitely would recommend it!

• 13th Mar 2015

Loved it, will return.

Very nice owner, close enough to restaurants without being downtown, some different options for rooms. Pool, kitchen and wash facilities.

Greg and Ana were amazing! Would definitely stay here again.

What a fun place with many happy people. One of the highlights of my trip sleeping in the treehouse with no glass in the window spots and no insects to disturb your sleep. Clean showers and bathrooms, nice pool and close to supplies. What a great family.

• 22nd Feb 2015

We got caught there in a power failure, roasted a short while, then asked to be moved to a room with windows that opened for pcross ventilation, as David is a very warm city. Staff was helpful with all questions and super accommodating under trying circumstances.

• 20th Feb 2015
  • Couple, 41+

Really can't complain about anything - very nice, quiet place to have a stopover. The swimming pool is a great bonus.

• 13th Feb 2015

Enjoyed the stay! See you soon again....

very comfortable stay. really enjoyed the atmosphere and the company. highly recommend this hostal for backpackers or travelers looking for a welcoming place with friendly owners and reasonable prices. a little oasis that's still close to everything you could need to find.

I was really impressed by the "creative" changes made over the last year. The energy flow was fantastic, and it was great to see the owner Greg exemplify hands on "customer care and service". I see Bambu Hostel as the best 1st option in David Panama! For all good things, I give thanks! Love, Absolutely*

• 30th Jan 2015

These guys are fun and friendly and helpful, only place I will stay in David sorry to leave and looking forward to my return

• 11th Jan 2015

Me and my girlfriend stayed at Bambu for 10 days. We had to keep changing our reservations, as we had problems with our flights to Panama. Greg (the owner) was so helpful, accommodating, and communicative. We stayed in a double room with air conditioning and a TV with cable. The room was basic, clean, and comfy -- great for a hostel! The staff was super cool and helpful, the grounds are beautiful and relaxing, and the neighborhood is all local families and felt very safe! Bambu is great!!

Not too shabby. I chose the 6 bed dorm with air in when I saw the tree house, it's not bad but was just a little too open for me. The 6 bed only had one power point, very annoying! Kitchens good, wifis decent and staff are nice

Not to shabby at $14 dollars a night with AC a sparkling pool panama's best communal outdoor kitchen in a lush and luxourious garden that features free fruits and avocados...correct not too shabby.

Stayed here seviral times and it's great and laid back every time. Everything you need

David is an interesting city - many people pass through en route to more fabulous destinations. I was concerned I would not have enough to do in David for the 2 days I stayed, however, Bambu and the wonderful pool and garden were enough. I ended up staying an extra day because the atmosphere was so awesome and the price was right. ALL of the staff were extremely attentive and just nice. Makes a difference when staff seem like they want to be there. Most of hostel patrons stayed up and mingled.

It was a bit tough to find, but an absolute relief when I did!

• 1st Jan 2015

Fantastic Place to stay in David

Nice Hostel a little bit outside of town with a beautiful tropical garden with hammocks and a swimming Pool. The dorm is a treehouse with an amazing atmosphere. The Boss Michael is gorgeous. Try the fish in the other side of the Road!

Stay was oke but not exceptional good. Cheapest rooms are in the tree house.