Bambu Hostel Reviews

C/Virgincita San Mateo Abajo, David City, Panama

I stayed in the open dorm.Under my bed I found empty cans and the dorm was quite dirty. All the night there was smoke from burning fires around, so all my stuff stinks and it was hard to sleep. This happens often because I asked in the morning. The shower -only one- was not clean and there was only one toilet. Its realy far away from the center and you cant hike it. Its okay for one night but not more

Great place to stay if you're passing through David. Get a cab from the bus station because it's a bit of a trek in the heat otherwise. Staff are all very friendly and staying in the treehouse is great!

They don't serve breakfast. There's nowhere nearby to eat. As I stayed only one night no point buying groceries. This is the one disappointment . If they sort this out the place will be nearly perfect!

• 6th Apr 2015

Interesting place, the common areas were really nice, good pool, well stocked kitchen, decent wifi We got a room in a bungalow out the back. About 10 metres off the ground, didn't look that old, and didn't feel stable at all. Spent the whole night thinking the bungalow would collapse. Every time someone walked the entire place shook. Oh and there was sand or dirt all over our beds when we checked in. Decent place to stay, but maybe don't stay in the bungalow!

I stayed at both, purple house and bambu hostel and bambu was definitely a lot better!

One of the best hostels I've been to. Great kitchen, pool, atmosphere, an oasis in the hot city of David.

It really is your little oasis! I had the best time and the staff was amazing! :) definitely going back!

• 18th Mar 2015

Bambu hostel was fantastic! I went to David seeking a dentist and the owner, Greg, was very helpful in finding one. The hostel has everything you could want. Fairly priced rooms, a pool, a kitchen, foosball table, loads of hammocks next to the bar and a friendly knowledgable owner. Definitely would recommend it!

• 13th Mar 2015

Loved it, will return.

Very nice owner, close enough to restaurants without being downtown, some different options for rooms. Pool, kitchen and wash facilities.

Greg and Ana were amazing! Would definitely stay here again.

What a fun place with many happy people. One of the highlights of my trip sleeping in the treehouse with no glass in the window spots and no insects to disturb your sleep. Clean showers and bathrooms, nice pool and close to supplies. What a great family.

• 22nd Feb 2015

We got caught there in a power failure, roasted a short while, then asked to be moved to a room with windows that opened for pcross ventilation, as David is a very warm city. Staff was helpful with all questions and super accommodating under trying circumstances.

• 20th Feb 2015
  • Couple, 41+

Really can't complain about anything - very nice, quiet place to have a stopover. The swimming pool is a great bonus.

• 13th Feb 2015

Enjoyed the stay! See you soon again....

very comfortable stay. really enjoyed the atmosphere and the company. highly recommend this hostal for backpackers or travelers looking for a welcoming place with friendly owners and reasonable prices. a little oasis that's still close to everything you could need to find.

I was really impressed by the "creative" changes made over the last year. The energy flow was fantastic, and it was great to see the owner Greg exemplify hands on "customer care and service". I see Bambu Hostel as the best 1st option in David Panama! For all good things, I give thanks! Love, Absolutely*

• 30th Jan 2015

These guys are fun and friendly and helpful, only place I will stay in David sorry to leave and looking forward to my return

• 11th Jan 2015

Me and my girlfriend stayed at Bambu for 10 days. We had to keep changing our reservations, as we had problems with our flights to Panama. Greg (the owner) was so helpful, accommodating, and communicative. We stayed in a double room with air conditioning and a TV with cable. The room was basic, clean, and comfy -- great for a hostel! The staff was super cool and helpful, the grounds are beautiful and relaxing, and the neighborhood is all local families and felt very safe! Bambu is great!!

Not too shabby. I chose the 6 bed dorm with air in when I saw the tree house, it's not bad but was just a little too open for me. The 6 bed only had one power point, very annoying! Kitchens good, wifis decent and staff are nice

Not to shabby at $14 dollars a night with AC a sparkling pool panama's best communal outdoor kitchen in a lush and luxourious garden that features free fruits and avocados...correct not too shabby.