Bambu Hostel Reviews

C/Virgincita San Mateo Abajo, David City, Panama

Only stayed one night as it was a stop for me before I went into Costa Rica. The staff was very courteous but some didn't speak English so brush up on you Spanish. Only one other person in my 10 person dorm, wifi worked very well, bathrooms were clean. Pool wasn't in the best shape but no one was using it. A bit of a walk through a shady looking part of town to get food but no big complaints. Easy enough to get to the bus station.

We had a great stay on the hostel. We were greeted cheerfully and our rooms were ready to go when we arrived. They are great hosts.

• 29th Jun 2015

Great place to stay with exceptional staff and true Panamanian style hospitality!!!

The hostel is perfect for just passing through. There isn't really a lot to do in the town, but hanging out at the hostel while you're there is always an option. The staff was amazing to hang out with and they made the stay well worth it. One of the downsides is there's only one shower and its kinda jank, but other than that it was a good hostel.

The staff was very accommodating and definitely flexible with our reservations. We did not anticipate the drive in from Panama City to be so lengthy so when we arrived at 6am we'd already missed a nights sleep. The staff welcomed us and adjusted our reservations to fit our needs!

We ended up booking another night here we loved it so much. The staff where amazng, especially the south African lady. There's a beautiful garden outback with a pool and outdoor kitchen and so many creatures: cats, dogs, parrots, a coati. Its also pretty close to a main road and supermarkets etc. Thanks guys!!!

I stayed in the open dorm.Under my bed I found empty cans and the dorm was quite dirty. All the night there was smoke from burning fires around, so all my stuff stinks and it was hard to sleep.

Great place to stay if you're passing through David. Get a cab from the bus station because it's a bit of a trek in the heat otherwise. Staff are all very friendly and staying in the treehouse is great!

They don't serve breakfast. There's nowhere nearby to eat. As I stayed only one night no point buying groceries. This is the one disappointment . If they sort this out the place will be nearly perfect!

We offer one of the largest outdoor kitchens in Panama with ten burners a large fridge and huge dining table and counter space..we are 5 minutes from 24 hour supermarkets and across the street is arguably one of the best seafood restaurants in town that charges 3 dollars for a meal...we are a hostel and provide a lot of services that most other places dont bother.

Interesting place, the common areas were really nice, good pool, well stocked kitchen, decent wifi We got a room in a bungalow out the back. About 10 metres off the ground, didn't look that old, and didn't feel stable at all. Spent the whole night thinking the bungalow would collapse. Every time someone walked the entire place shook. Oh and there was sand or dirt all over our beds when we checked in. Decent place to stay, but maybe don't stay in the bungalow!

I stayed at both, purple house and bambu hostel and bambu was definitely a lot better!

One of the best hostels I've been to. Great kitchen, pool, atmosphere, an oasis in the hot city of David.

Really nice place with great staff. Perfect retreat in Davi for anyone wanting to stay a few days or is just stopping by for a night.

It really is your little oasis! I had the best time and the staff was amazing! :) definitely going back!

• 18th Mar 2015

Bambu hostel was fantastic! I went to David seeking a dentist and the owner, Greg, was very helpful in finding one. The hostel has everything you could want. Fairly priced rooms, a pool, a kitchen, foosball table, loads of hammocks next to the bar and a friendly knowledgable owner. Definitely would recommend it!

• 13th Mar 2015

Loved it, will return.

Very nice owner, close enough to restaurants without being downtown, some different options for rooms. Pool, kitchen and wash facilities.

Greg and Ana were amazing! Would definitely stay here again.

What a fun place with many happy people. One of the highlights of my trip sleeping in the treehouse with no glass in the window spots and no insects to disturb your sleep. Clean showers and bathrooms, nice pool and close to supplies. What a great family.

• 22nd Feb 2015

We got caught there in a power failure, roasted a short while, then asked to be moved to a room with windows that opened for pcross ventilation, as David is a very warm city. Staff was helpful with all questions and super accommodating under trying circumstances.

• 20th Feb 2015