Bambu Hostel Reviews

C/Virgincita San Mateo Abajo, David City, Panama

We got caught there in a power failure, roasted a short while, then asked to be moved to a room with windows that opened for pcross ventilation, as David is a very warm city. Staff was helpful with all questions and super accommodating under trying circumstances.

• 20th Feb 2015
  • Couple, 41+

Really can't complain about anything - very nice, quiet place to have a stopover. The swimming pool is a great bonus.

• 13th Feb 2015

Enjoyed the stay! See you soon again....

• 10th Feb 2015
  • Denmark

very comfortable stay. really enjoyed the atmosphere and the company. highly recommend this hostal for backpackers or travelers looking for a welcoming place with friendly owners and reasonable prices. a little oasis that's still close to everything you could need to find.

I was really impressed by the "creative" changes made over the last year. The energy flow was fantastic, and it was great to see the owner Greg exemplify hands on "customer care and service". I see Bambu Hostel as the best 1st option in David Panama! For all good things, I give thanks! Love, Absolutely*

• 30th Jan 2015

These guys are fun and friendly and helpful, only place I will stay in David sorry to leave and looking forward to my return

• 11th Jan 2015

Me and my girlfriend stayed at Bambu for 10 days. We had to keep changing our reservations, as we had problems with our flights to Panama. Greg (the owner) was so helpful, accommodating, and communicative. We stayed in a double room with air conditioning and a TV with cable. The room was basic, clean, and comfy -- great for a hostel! The staff was super cool and helpful, the grounds are beautiful and relaxing, and the neighborhood is all local families and felt very safe! Bambu is great!!

Not too shabby. I chose the 6 bed dorm with air in when I saw the tree house, it's not bad but was just a little too open for me. The 6 bed only had one power point, very annoying! Kitchens good, wifis decent and staff are nice

Not to shabby at $14 dollars a night with AC a sparkling pool panama's best communal outdoor kitchen in a lush and luxourious garden that features free fruits and avocados...correct not too shabby.

Stayed here seviral times and it's great and laid back every time. Everything you need

David is an interesting city - many people pass through en route to more fabulous destinations. I was concerned I would not have enough to do in David for the 2 days I stayed, however, Bambu and the wonderful pool and garden were enough. I ended up staying an extra day because the atmosphere was so awesome and the price was right. ALL of the staff were extremely attentive and just nice. Makes a difference when staff seem like they want to be there. Most of hostel patrons stayed up and mingled.

It was a bit tough to find, but an absolute relief when I did!

• 1st Jan 2015

Fantastic Place to stay in David

Nice Hostel a little bit outside of town with a beautiful tropical garden with hammocks and a swimming Pool. The dorm is a treehouse with an amazing atmosphere. The Boss Michael is gorgeous. Try the fish in the other side of the Road!

Stay was oke but not exceptional good. Cheapest rooms are in the tree house.

I have very nice stay at Bambu Hostel with plenty of information post on wall for thing to do & place to visit , met many nice people there and owner is a knowledgable person .

It was far from the terminal and centre. Nice guy.

Its a $2.50 taxi ride from the center or you can walk it in 25 minutes. We are located 5 minutes from the main shopping street in David, David is a fairly compact city and fast to get around.

Nice hostel but it was horribly loud at night due to the neighbouring farms. Dogfights and roosters making loud noises All night long. Be sure to bring extra earplugs.

• 11th Dec 2014

I am very happy with my stay at te Bambu Hostel. The only thing is; what you promise, you have to deliver. What I mean is that "they" promised us a hot shower. But during the days we were there, It wouldn't work. There has to be some magic to have it work. So make the warm water work, the system they have is to much of a gamble! Nothing but good words, other than this!

I highly recommend this hostel. I stayed for 1 night and thoroughly enjoyed it. The location is in David and there's lots to do. The staff is very helpful and the atmosphere is calming and fun! It's clean as well and the hot showers were a definite plus! It's great value for your money.

Had an 8 bed dorm all to myself so it was lovely and quite. Staff were really friendly and liked to have a chat. Only negative is breakfast was not on offer - there was nice coffee! I would have been happy to pay extra as there wasn't anyway near to go for breakfast. Although there is a supermarket a short walk away. Other than that I would recommend a stay at Bambu...