Bambu Hostel Reviews

C/Virgincita San Mateo Abajo, David City, Panama

Had an 8 bed dorm all to myself so it was lovely and quite. Staff were really friendly and liked to have a chat. Only negative is breakfast was not on offer - there was nice coffee! I would have been happy to pay extra as there wasn't anyway near to go for breakfast. Although there is a supermarket a short walk away. Other than that I would recommend a stay at Bambu...

• 11th Nov 2014

negative: - loud water pump - some nights there were some party people (pool party, etc.) positive: - the staff was very friendly und helpful - very nice pool

It's great located if you want to take the bus to the border, paso canoas. The bus passes almost i frot of the hostel.

• 28th Oct 2014

Upon arrival, the staff didn't check the balance to pay and tried to overcharge me. I really liked the treehouse dorm as a feature but there were huge holes in the mosquito nets and am not sure the sheets were clean. I was given no pillowcase and no info about anything, not even location of toilets, or shops. Anyone staying in the treehouse should also be aware that the cockrels are rather loud early in the mornings. It's a shame because the facilities are excellent and seem under used.

A relaxing hostel in Panama. I was coming from Costa Rica so David is a great location to make a stop. Dorm room is nice and comfy.They have a swimming pool, a kitchen for cooking, a ping pong table and one dollar beer! The owner Greg and the staff are really nice and welcoming. I stayed my first night at the tree house. It was a nice but you could be awoken by some chickens next to the hostel. Then I switched to their dorm room for two more nights. I would recommend staying in Bambu hostel!

Basic place to sleep! The property was nice and the pool was welcoming, but not the most eye appealing facilities. The owner was friendly, his staff is not; they were always fully entrenched in some electronic device! The kitchen was filthy and no way to brew coffee which is a problem for a coffee junkie! None the less, there is a restaurant directly across the street. Bambu Hostel is close to the David Airport for outbound flights.

• 25th Sep 2014

Staff very nice

Great service, great staff, comfy beds with mosquito nets, clean and really cool hostel with pool, chilled atmosphere, cool experience sleeping in a treehouse, great bbq night, ... we just felt like at home! :)

• 16th Aug 2014

Superb! The atmosphere is super relax, and everything you may need if not in the hostel is nearby. Greg will make you feel like at home. A super recommended place.

• 15th Aug 2014
  • Panama

David city was pretty unexciting, but Bambu was great! I wasn't there on a party night and things were pretty mellow, but the pool was awesome. Water was so inviting after a long trip. They had a tiki hut w a bar and dollar beers. Plus they had an area to read outdoors in hammocks. Great stop if you need a day or two to rejuvenate after traveling. The only weird thing is that you don't get a key for the AC dorm. It just remains unlocked. But there are lockers in the common area.

• 4th Aug 2014

The 2 guys on evening staff were very nice and helpful. However, next day, the woman who cooked my breakfast I can't say the same. The bar kitchen was absolutely filthy. She cracked 2 eggs into a very scarred teflon pan and when I asked for scrambled, simply stirred them up with the spatula! Yuk! Then served a slice of cold cheese on white toast with no butter. Yuk! It was gross. I have NEVER seen a fridge SO FILTHY! Room was average. If you stay there don't eat their breakfast!

• 4th Aug 2014

A failing grade because the eggs were not properly broken in the pan? Are you serious? What about the lush tropical gardens and the swimming pool, and redone modern rooms and the entrance freshly covered with bambu, what hostel offers TV with over 500 channels, we have a great place...and a super modern outdoor kitchen overlooking the pool, folks from all around the world love it, yet a broken egg ruined it for you, thats a pity.

This was a nice place to stay!

• 11th Jul 2014

Great place, great atmosphere, great facilities and staff! Highly recommend for anyone on a budget seeking a high quality and friendly environment!

• 25th Jun 2014

Slept in the tree house which I thought contributed to the hostel experience, but it's not for everyone. Little buds and leaves had flown in through the windows, and together with the humidity that made the beds seem dirty, but I'm sure they were just made. When putting out mosquito nets, some weird grainy stuff poured over the bed but I assumed it was something from the trees around and just brushed it off. Not the cleanest place all in all, but great breakfast, vibe and I do recommend bambu!

The staff were wonderful. We were so grateful that they turned on the air-conditioning in our room in anticipation of our arrival. The only thing missing was a garbage can in our room.

• 31st May 2014

and for the missing object we get a D+ doesnt seem quite fair.