Bambu Hostel Reviews

C/Virgincita San Mateo Abajo, David City, Panama

Staff very nice

Great service, great staff, comfy beds with mosquito nets, clean and really cool hostel with pool, chilled atmosphere, cool experience sleeping in a treehouse, great bbq night, ... we just felt like at home! :)

• 16th Aug 2014

David city was pretty unexciting, but Bambu was great! I wasn't there on a party night and things were pretty mellow, but the pool was awesome. Water was so inviting after a long trip. They had a tiki hut w a bar and dollar beers. Plus they had an area to read outdoors in hammocks. Great stop if you need a day or two to rejuvenate after traveling. The only weird thing is that you don't get a key for the AC dorm. It just remains unlocked. But there are lockers in the common area.

• 4th Aug 2014

The 2 guys on evening staff were very nice and helpful. However, next day, the woman who cooked my breakfast I can't say the same. The bar kitchen was absolutely filthy. She cracked 2 eggs into a very scarred teflon pan and when I asked for scrambled, simply stirred them up with the spatula! Yuk! Then served a slice of cold cheese on white toast with no butter. Yuk! It was gross. I have NEVER seen a fridge SO FILTHY! Room was average. If you stay there don't eat their breakfast!

• 4th Aug 2014

A failing grade because the eggs were not properly broken in the pan? Are you serious? What about the lush tropical gardens and the swimming pool, and redone modern rooms and the entrance freshly covered with bambu, what hostel offers TV with over 500 channels, we have a great place...and a super modern outdoor kitchen overlooking the pool, folks from all around the world love it, yet a broken egg ruined it for you, thats a pity.

This was a nice place to stay!

• 11th Jul 2014

Great place, great atmosphere, great facilities and staff! Highly recommend for anyone on a budget seeking a high quality and friendly environment!

• 25th Jun 2014

Slept in the tree house which I thought contributed to the hostel experience, but it's not for everyone. Little buds and leaves had flown in through the windows, and together with the humidity that made the beds seem dirty, but I'm sure they were just made. When putting out mosquito nets, some weird grainy stuff poured over the bed but I assumed it was something from the trees around and just brushed it off. Not the cleanest place all in all, but great breakfast, vibe and I do recommend bambu!

The staff were wonderful. We were so grateful that they turned on the air-conditioning in our room in anticipation of our arrival. The only thing missing was a garbage can in our room.

• 31st May 2014

and for the missing object we get a D+ doesnt seem quite fair.

Great place to stay. 2nd time we have stayed and had no complaints. A.wesome that there is a pool

• 25th May 2014

We only stayed one night and it was a very good place to do so. We enjoyed a good social evening. I would recommend this to other travellers.

Absolutely amazing... We end up staying for few days.So far one of best hostels in Panama.Fantastic swimming pool and cute little coati living on the property. Owner Greg and staff very helpful.Definitely recommend:)

Nice place, lovely garden with pool and wooden house with dorm. Friendly helpful staff and a well guitar playing owner.

I loved sleeping in their tree house! Although it was hot, it was such a fun experience. The atmosphere is great to hang out and be lazy and lucky me, I met great people! The staff was very helpful and kind. Beautiful backyard!

The most disgusiting hostel I have ever been to.

Room was clean,ac was very noisey,close to supermarket,pizza shop across road,pool was nice,kitchen very big and well equipped .

• 29th Mar 2014

Generally dirty, extremely noisy at night. OK for kids, too uncomfortable for adults and eldery.

• 20th Mar 2014
  • Spain
  • Couple, 41+

I agree you were too old to enjoy the place, I hear there is a great little nearby retirement/hotel very quiet with croquet and knitting lessons during the day...and free Oatmeal all day and night for the elderly guests, we suggest you go there next time.

Nice pool

This place has the most amazing pool, garden and outdoor kitchen. The jungle hut in the back was awesome.

• 28th Feb 2014