Bambu Hostel Reviews

C/Virgincita San Mateo Abajo, David City, Panama

I loved sleeping in their tree house! Although it was hot, it was such a fun experience. The atmosphere is great to hang out and be lazy and lucky me, I met great people! The staff was very helpful and kind. Beautiful backyard!

The most disgusiting hostel I have ever been to.

Room was clean,ac was very noisey,close to supermarket,pizza shop across road,pool was nice,kitchen very big and well equipped .

• 29th Mar 2014

Generally dirty, extremely noisy at night. OK for kids, too uncomfortable for adults and eldery.

• 20th Mar 2014
  • Spain
  • Couple, 41+

I agree you were too old to enjoy the place, I hear there is a great little nearby retirement/hotel very quiet with croquet and knitting lessons during the day...and free Oatmeal all day and night for the elderly guests, we suggest you go there next time.

Nice pool

• 13th Mar 2014

This place has the most amazing pool, garden and outdoor kitchen. The jungle hut in the back was awesome.

• 28th Feb 2014

The first time in Bambu was good and the second was excellent. The outdoor kitchen is perfect. Peter and Gregg are very kind and warm-hearted owners. Everything was improved. Good value place

Bambu Hostel is a great place to chill in David, on the way to other places or just to hang out. The staff are friendly, and the atmosphere is very relaxed. Plus, it has a swimming pool.

• 5th Feb 2014

The customer service was redicilously bad. First rule: dont blame your customer for your own mistakes. They were trying to make us pay more than it clearly stated in my reservation e-mail and both staff and owner were rude to us. Another couple changed hostel, thats how bad the service had been for them. Very disappointed and will avoid this hostel any way I can in the future.

The staff was very nice and many were bilingual.

• 28th Jan 2014

Everything was clean, kitchen with all the necessary facilities, cozy bar. NIce hostel , great atmosphere, really relaxed.

• 23rd Jan 2014
  • Belgium

For me, the most important aspect on anywhere I travel/stay is to be comfortable. When I first arrived, I was jetlagged and tired from the 6 hour bus ride that was freezing and the second I arrived, I stopped at the bar to enjoy a fresh beer. There, I met the two Aussies (Peter and Brad.) By the time I was on my second beer, I was lost in stories and jokes with the music in the background, my god, the bus and stress of travel seemed to stay behind in the states. For me, 5 days wasn´t enough.

• 22nd Jan 2014

We only stayed for one night but were very pleased with our stay. Room was very clean and it was lovely that it had ac! The bar in the back by the pool is definitely a plus.

• 19th Jan 2014
  • Finland

We stopped here overnight just to lay our heads before continuing on our bus journey the next day. The host had the funniest sense of humor. The rooms were big, clean and quiet. The pool area was really nice to have in this hot area. Communal kitchen was nice, and they even had a little gym area outside, which was cute but completely useless as the equipment was ancient. This place wasn't too far away from the Grocery Store, and the area felt really safe.

A good place for one of the only hostels in David. Once the outside kitchen area is complete will be awesome (should be done by now).

Clean fun place at good value for the money-the pool and the bar are a great toch

Nothing too special, but nothing bad either. They're halfway through building a brand new kitchen here, which should be pretty cool when it's finished. Some great company here.

The hostel itself wasn't bad, it's just that we got grossed out by the kitchen. We cooked a rice dish and found a maggot on the kitchen counter top once we were cleaning up after the meal. The kitchen was down right filthy and I don't know why either. There were people working all day sweeping around the pool and cleaning but no one touched the kitchen. My advice to the owner - put those girls to work cleaning up your kitchen because it needs some serious elbow grease!

The owners are si friendly and now they are building an outdoor kitchen. Swimming pool is so clean and laundry and dryer with small amount so very convenient.

Simple but interesting in a good way. Had fun with other guests, and with the staff; that's what staying in a hostel is all about! Cold beer for a buck, good company, a pool, a bed, and warm water shower, all I needed during my stay. Location wise...other than the bar in front (simple but good fish dishes) nothing much going on.

• 17th Dec 2013