Bambu Hostel Reviews

C/Virgincita San Mateo Abajo, David City, Panama

I have very nice stay at Bambu Hostel with plenty of information post on wall for thing to do & place to visit , met many nice people there and owner is a knowledgable person .

It was far from the terminal and centre. Nice guy.

Its a $2.50 taxi ride from the center or you can walk it in 25 minutes. We are located 5 minutes from the main shopping street in David, David is a fairly compact city and fast to get around.

Nice hostel but it was horribly loud at night due to the neighbouring farms. Dogfights and roosters making loud noises All night long. Be sure to bring extra earplugs.

• 11th Dec 2014

I am very happy with my stay at te Bambu Hostel. The only thing is; what you promise, you have to deliver. What I mean is that "they" promised us a hot shower. But during the days we were there, It wouldn't work. There has to be some magic to have it work. So make the warm water work, the system they have is to much of a gamble! Nothing but good words, other than this!

I highly recommend this hostel. I stayed for 1 night and thoroughly enjoyed it. The location is in David and there's lots to do. The staff is very helpful and the atmosphere is calming and fun! It's clean as well and the hot showers were a definite plus! It's great value for your money.

Had an 8 bed dorm all to myself so it was lovely and quite. Staff were really friendly and liked to have a chat. Only negative is breakfast was not on offer - there was nice coffee! I would have been happy to pay extra as there wasn't anyway near to go for breakfast. Although there is a supermarket a short walk away. Other than that I would recommend a stay at Bambu...

negative: - loud water pump - some nights there were some party people (pool party, etc.) positive: - the staff was very friendly und helpful - very nice pool

It's great located if you want to take the bus to the border, paso canoas. The bus passes almost i frot of the hostel.

• 28th Oct 2014

Upon arrival, the staff didn't check the balance to pay and tried to overcharge me. I really liked the treehouse dorm as a feature but there were huge holes in the mosquito nets and am not sure the sheets were clean. I was given no pillowcase and no info about anything, not even location of toilets, or shops. Anyone staying in the treehouse should also be aware that the cockrels are rather loud early in the mornings. It's a shame because the facilities are excellent and seem under used.

A relaxing hostel in Panama. I was coming from Costa Rica so David is a great location to make a stop. Dorm room is nice and comfy.They have a swimming pool, a kitchen for cooking, a ping pong table and one dollar beer! The owner Greg and the staff are really nice and welcoming. I stayed my first night at the tree house. It was a nice but you could be awoken by some chickens next to the hostel. Then I switched to their dorm room for two more nights. I would recommend staying in Bambu hostel!

1 2 Next » last »