Bambu Hostel Reviews

C/Virgincita San Mateo Abajo, David City, Panama

Only stay here if you need to do a stopover. Lots of cockroaches in my room. Otherwise, it serves it's purpose.

There was only one cockroach in that room, and it was of the human variety.

The room we booked with bathroom was not available, because of a problem with the booking system. We got a discount of 3 dollar. We bought 2 beer for 2 dollar, paid 5 dollar and never received the change. So in the end we paid the full price...

• 13th Oct 2015

Very nice hostel, the garden is extraordinary. Staff was really friendly and helpful. One thing though, the shower electrically heats the water while going through. While showering it smelled like something burned, so I just finished quickly. But forget to mention it because we needed to check out quickly, maybe some of the staff wants to look into it. It was the shower in the private bathroom of the room next to the front door.

Good overnight to break up your long bus ride, staff are cool, kitchen not bad- could be time to upgrade your fridge. Stock standard cold showers are never fun. The resident coati (animal) was the highlight. Near the 24hr supermarket but taxi to station recommended.

• 4th Oct 2015

The fridge has seen better days. The hostal overall had a jungle feeling in the middle of the city. Great pool and 15 min walk to grocery stores, vegetable vendors and banks.

We had the private room and it was pretty good, clean and aircon. There was a swimming pool and an open air kitchen with full equipment, supermarket nearby, pretty friendy and helpfull people around there. We went to gualaca for hiking and swimming and also to boquete to visit the coffee farm from ruiz and in the eveneing we cooked our food at bambu and enjoyed the chilly atmosphere there. Thanks a lot!

Cold shower, outside dormitory with wet beds, kitchen not that clean

Thank you for that feedback it was fixed immediately....

I for my part cannot relate to any of the bad reviews...I really liked the hostel, the staff is great. They even found a solution that suited my budget when the dorms were fully booked. The pool is nice, the outdoor area beautiful with a lot of plants and flowers. I stayed in the jungle house dorm and it was a great experience. One of the volunteers even took his free time to take me and two other guests to the cangilones for some swimming, diving and jumping. I definitely recommend this hostel!

• 2nd Sep 2015

Stayed 1 night on transit to Costa Rica. Happy with the Hostal and would recommend staying a night or 2 more. David has a lot more to offer then just a quick transit point between countries and this is a good hostel to base yourself and explore.

Had a great stay, just a place to stop whilst travelling through. David itself didn't really have anything we wanted to do. Hostel was good but quiet as we went in off season. Good kitchen and pool was lovely. One of the more expensive places we have stayed, a private double with shared bathroom was $34. In Boquete where there is more to see and do it only cost us $28.

Thank you for the review, however I feel that for $34 you get a great value which includes an amazing garden that features a sparkling pool, a huge outdoor kitchen and a neat little tiki bar poolside. On top of that we DO have activities here loads of them, to start with, within one hour: Hot Springs, River Rafting, Beaches, Fishing, Baseball, salsa clubs, amazing festivals, the border of Costa Rica..the list is long...lastly we offer A/C which increase our costs and is not needed in Bouquet.

1 2 Next » last »