Banana Backpackers Reviews

61 Pine Street, Ambassador House 1st Floor., Durban, South Africa

No tv in the rooms.rooms not smelling good parking very far .i slept in the car

• 23rd Nov 2015
  • South Africa

My stay in this hostel was litterally the worst I have ever had. The place is dirty as a trashcan, it looks like it hasn't been cleaned in ages. The staff allowed a party to take place in the court which is in the middle of the hostel with all the rooms facing towards it. I didn't sleep a minute. Not even one member of the staff went to say anything. Location is fine, close to the beach front. In conclusion; do not go there. I will never return.

• 7th Nov 2015

I loved Banana Backpackers, but be warned it is NOT for the high maintenance type of people. I loved the community and the people I stayed with. Staff was great. The only complaint was the cleanliness and facilities. It just needs a little renovating to be honest.

• 22nd Oct 2015

Thanks for the kind words , We are currently in the process of replacing all window and door frames and many other features

I can't recommand for the family or couple. It's really just tostay 2 orthree nights max. The location is quite well, but the hotel is a bit dirty and old. I slept in the bedroom with a broken window.

• 15th Aug 2015