Banana Beach Hostel Reviews

Servidao da Prainha 20, Barra da Lagoa, Florianopolis, Brazil

Two nights, too many!! ...The location and the hostel itself is fine but the atmosphere is terrible. Nobody socialises, the bar is always empty (no partys, no good vibes). The room smelt really bad and he beds were damp. We had some washing to do. We could not use their laundry facilities.... So we hand washed our clothes and put them on the balcony to dry... The owner went mad! She was quite rude to us! ...overall not a pleasant 2 nights, I would not recommend!

Eu gostei muito da gente no Banana Beach! I met great people! The staff is really nice! You arrive as visitor, you leave as a friend! The hostel is well located! The only thing I didn't really liked was that there was no drawer inside dormitories.

the only good thing was the rooftop patio/pool. hostel was dirty, staff did implement rules and they let guests smoke INSIDE bar. I did like the staff members but was upset they let guests drink in the rooms and be loud all night. I was very disappointed considering this hostel had high rating. Then i found out they cater to one specific group of guests. I would not recommend this hostel.

Dirty rooms, fan was not working well, cable fire in the warm water electricity of the shower (fixed with a simple tape). We had to clean our own dishes after breakfast (which was very basic). They had surf boards, that you can borrow, but they were all broken. free caipirinha only during happy hour 19:00-20:00. Anyway the staff was helpful and it was okey to stay there, but not worth the price (maybe half of it would be adequate)

Overall and average hostel, just on the pricey side

excellent hostel! Location was perfect next to the beach and I got to go to the best pool party ever P12!

• 28th Jan 2014

Banana beach hostel is in an excellent location

Would NOT recommend this hostel! Worst stay of our trip. Our room stank so bad that no-one else wanted to be near it! The showers were cold, toilets clogged up everyday, mattresses were years old and had mould completely through them. You could not bring alcohol in and the bar didn't open until 7pm. Rough set-up!!

• 9th Jan 2014

Great staff, they really were very informative and helped me out. Highlight of my trip!

A free caipirinha every night was a real bonus. had a super night in the bar up the road as there was a Samba party uip the road. Great location but wouldn´t recommend trying to walk into Lagoa. Took us 3 hours! Definitely get the bus. If you want to sample the nightlife take the 360 into Lagoa. We were in room 9 with a great view from our bed. However, there was a strong smell of urine on the room that they tried to mask with air freshner but we were able to constantly smell.

It was the best hostel we stayed in! the facilities were amazing,roof top pool on a huge deck overlooking the beach,a big bar with pool table,playstation 3 and a nice drink selection. The staff were very helpful and made us feel at home. Thanks a lot!

• 25th Oct 2013