Banana Beach Hostel Reviews

Servidao da Prainha 20, Barra da Lagoa, Florianopolis, Brazil

The staff was rude and unhelpful, especially the blonde girl from Israel at the reception. The hostel is too noisy and doesn't have a good atmosphere. I would never go back there, especially when there are many better hostels in Florianopolis than this one.

• 10th Jan 2016
  • Argentina
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Not the cleanest, breakfast was okay, atmosphere wasn't great, wouldn't go back.

Although located literally on the beach, the hostel itself definitely needs some improvements. The hostel is way overpriced and lacks basic maintenance. The bathrooms are not clean, and some of the toilets were clogged. The wifi is quite terrible and overall this hostel didn't make me want to stay more than the nights I already booked.

Excellent location and very nice staff who moved my girlfriend and me to a nicer room because it was vacant and because they had a large group that were likely to make a lot of noise (though we never noticed). The breakfast was good and the free caipirinhas are hard to say no to! The rooms are simple, and there are a few improvements which could be made, but it still a hostel which we would recommend.

I can speak on behalf of about 10 people. We have never felt welcome in this hostel. it's just a business for the owners/managers/staff. They don't create the environment that we already experienced in other hostels in Florianopolis. I'd like to mention among the staff a "funny" guy from Israel in a very good shape, not taller than a little girl who made us feel uncomfortable since the very first moment we met him.

• 11th Dec 2015

Hello Thank you for your comment which does not add up! You made a reservation for 2 people and not for 10. We try best to make the most of your stay! Banana Beach Thanks anyway ...

Definitely the best hostel I stayed in the last 6 months. The wonderful staff. Full breakfast. It has a pool they do party, 1 caipirinha every night, if you really want to stay in this hostel is the best place to interact with other people.The room I got was very good, and it was cleaned every day. Recommend!

• 23rd Nov 2015

good location, fair price for a very basic accommodation. Great breakfast! BUT... Room is small, bed very uncomfortable and smells ugly. No people at all so also no atmosphere. Pool isn't working, so we paid for facility that wasn't available. At night was extremely load because of some renovations (?!) At that time was nobody at the reception, who could be informed about. We didn't feel safe during our stay at Banana Beach Hostel

Hello Thanks for your comment that is not useful! If you did not like the accommodation, bedroom, bed, 24-hour reception, full breakfast because it became a daily the most? We did everything to be a great stay!

The hostel was great!!! Really close to the beach and the staff was really friendly! The rooms were clean and spacious and we loved the breakfast!!

• 9th Oct 2015