Banana Bender Backpackers Reviews

118 Petrie Terrace, Brisbane, Australia

they need an internal tv room that isnt exposed to the outside

Free Wifi would be nice

• 30th Jul 2014
  • Singapore

Second time I stayed here (last time was 5 years ago), and it is still one of the best hostels I've been to. Great staff, spacious rooms, well-equiped kitchen and nice common facilities. Will definitely go back again if I can!

• 21st Jul 2014

The weakest hostel of my trip, banana benders was not terrific. One of the showers was barely more than a faucet of water. The bunks were quite squeaky and did not have adequate ladders to reach the top bed. The kitchen is no larger than the one in my 1 bedroom apartment at home. At the end of the day, I paid for and received a place to stay, but I would not return here.

Hi Nathaniel, Sorry to hear we did not meet your expectations this time around. We did notice however that you did extend your stay with us ! You will be happy to hear that we have fixed that shower head & the squeaky bunk bed so thanks for letting us know about these !

Cold and small room, not very cosy hostel, no own beer allowed, kitchen closes at night. Nothing really bad but you get more for your money in other hostels

The Banana staff are very sorry you left us feeling this way Martin. Bananas always tries to offer value for money - and as our records show you booked and paid for a 9 share room and were upgraded to a 4 share. Also let Bananas suggest you always ask the local hostel staff where to park your car so next time you avoid tickets for illegal parking. Happy Travels

Great hostel. The layout of the plave makes you feel like your in Thailand or somewhere! Great facilities for guests. Location isn't amazing but within walking distance to the city... and right beside some shops and restaurants. Only negative is that there's only one shower and toilet on each level. Could do with more. And more plug sockets.

• 11th Jun 2014

Great place. The location's not perfect, but it gives the hostel a nice common area. People in the hostel are very friendly. The rooms are good. The only disadvantage is expensive wifi.