Banana Bungalow Hollywood Reviews

5920 Hollywood Boulevard, Hollywood, Los Angeles, USA

Brilliant hostel. One of the best ive stayed in! Lively atmosphere, free food, kitchens in the rooms, what more can you want?! Wouldn't do some of their tours / shuttles, can get to all of the places offered cheaper on public transport (just may take a little longer)

first time in Hollywood, I already went in west hollywood and I loved it. I love it in Hollywood too, clean, nice staff, if I'm going in LA again, I will go there! fiew blocks from Hollywood Boulevard where the names of famous people are. Really good breakfast, I mean for me the toast and tea and coffe were enough, but you have cereal and milk too.

It was not a bad hostel. it is closer to the walk of fame and the chinese theatre. However, music was loud and all the rooms windows go to the patio, where all people are listening to music or talking until long hours, so it may be hard to sleep with the noise. The parking is free but you need to leave the keys with them. Breakfast was decent.

Very nice hostel if you want to party and have fun, a bit loud if you want to have a good rest during the night. Lots of activities organized like parties, dinners, etc. Good location to visit Hollywood Boulevard, Runyon Canyon Park and Griffith Park. Neighborhood quiet during the day and, let's say "lively" during the night, but still safe. Very nice and helpful staff with a lot of facilities (like printers, towels, breakfast, etc). No big lockers available though !

One of the best hostels I stayed so far regarding to facilities, location and value for money. The hotel is a 5 min walk away from the metro and the Hollywood walk of fame. Prices are low for the US and the dorm I was in has its own bathroom (roomy and clean) and its own kitchen! The hostel proposes many activities every day, however not a lot of people sign in. The inner court is nice even though music is a bit loud in the evening.

Not the best location.. yes it's on Hollywood Boulevard but its a good 25/30 minutes walk to get to the main section.. but otherwise, I liked this place. The rooms were nice and homy, with a kitchen and a good bathroom. Some staff friendly, some not so much. Good vibes though, party atmosphere but not obnoxious, and very secure. Breakfast very basic.

Very nice hostel: clean, nice staff, and tasty breakfast. Good value for money in the area of Hollywood. It's in the opposite part of the Walk of Fame, far from the crowded areas of Hollywood Boulevard, which made me feel slightly insecure at night. But, in general it was good. Ah, another thing is that there are parties held in the outdoor common areas in the hostel, so it's a bit noisy at night. I used earplugs!

awesome place to stay! staff were very helpful, rooms were awesome i was expecting alot worse! the location is close to hollywood but hollywood isnt what its cracked upto be but thats not their fault!

Banana Bungalow was fabulous for me, as a solo traveller. Every night there was something to get involved with! I met amazing people from all over the world who I could spend my days exploring with.

Amzing place! Love Oscar :))

Walking distance to Hollywood

Very noisy in the evenings. Dorms arent cleaned til late afternoon.

Everything you could ask for in a hostel! All the staff were really friendly and tried to get everyone involved with hostel activities. Room was really clean and shower was amazing!

Came to LA for business. This was great location close to train. Beds were comfortable. Nice bathroom with hot shower. Comp breakfast was added bonus. $5.00 Sunday dinner was great.

Hostel was conveniently located about 4 blocks from train. Great value for the money. Was able to get everywhere by public transportation. Fair breakfeast and $5.00 Sunday night dinner was great! Would have preferred for them to have quiet in courtyard with no music after 10PM. Beds were comfortable and good bathroom facilities.

We enjoyed our stay and the staff was pretty on top of things. Seemed like there were lots of group activities, but nothing for under 21

The shuttle from LAX cost $14, it was 3:30am, I got service like it was 11am. It was absolutely perfect, I have zero complaints and will DEFINITELY book there again!!

• 27th Feb 2015
  • Jamaica

Amazing value for money! Central location. Awesome facilities-basketball, foosball and pooltable. Kitchen and bathroom in the rooms. Free light breakfast and cheap nightly bar crawls and activities. Beds a little squeaky but apart from that, one of the best hostels i stayed in while in the states.

This was the second time I have stayed here. The rooms are big and clean, it is an easy place to meet people if you are travelling solo, the breakfast and the free taco nights are great and the live band / karaoke night is a lot of fun.

Only stayed for one night, but it was Friday and I joined for the night out in Hollywood. Had a blast and would definitely recommend as a party hostel.