Banana Bungalow Hollywood Reviews

5920 Hollywood Boulevard, Hollywood, Los Angeles, USA

It was a great stay and if you don't know anyone just participate of any activity they are cheap and you will meet lots of cool people.

• 14th Jan 2015

Really good rooms. I had a kitchen and bathroom in my six bed mixed dorm. Everyone is really friendly. I got there early and was able to leave my bag there until my room was available.

This is one of the most fun hostels I've stayed in - always a great, social vibe with events on every night and plenty of free/chesp drinks and food. The rooms were small but comfortable and it was good to have your own bathroom and kitchenette in each dorm.

The hostel has great location, communicative staff and very helpful. All the staff are solicitous to serve you and make your ride the best. The perfect price. They give towel and clean and smelling bedding. But the accommodation ... It happened that in my room, there were many cheap (insects) I killed 3:01 friend killed another. It made me sick. I did not warn anyone, for she was leaving. Kind Regards.

Location is good but I felt a bit unsafe walking back to the hostel by myself in the dark. The rooms are okay, the fact they include their own bathroom and kitchen is a bonus. They're not the cleanest but its bearable. Beds were decent, but make sure you ask for a blanket when you check in as they only give you sheets by default. There are lots of hostel activities that are often really cheap which was great. I went to Disneyland on a tour organised for me by the hostel and it was fantastic.

I booked for 6 beds and when I checked in they put me in 8 beds when I asked them why they say it is the same prices and we want to keep you with your friend. It was ridiculuos because tge prices are different and when I booked there are rooms for 2 persons on the 6 beds. The hostel is noisey till late night tgere are parties and people do lots if noisey things.

Good place to meet people. Many things going on. I was there for New Years - they had done a lot to make a nice party. Arrived there at 1 am and was so tired I didn't see the receptionist decided to keep my driver's licence. I discovered it in a drawer by chance when I two days later asked another receptionist for directions. The receptionist also only gave me a thin sheet for my bed and I was so cold the first night - the next day I found out they have blankets. Out heater broke three times.

location is good but some manager was, i think, have a racist mind other manager was so kind but one manager was like racist and wifi is so bad, and heater always have a problem, and so many insect in the room

• 25th Dec 2014
  • South Korea

Very disorganized. They don't know how many people are in each room, so we had to look for beds in some rooms. Go there only if you want something very crazy and don't care about organization and cleanliness.

It was just a few days but it was amazing! I recommended for everybody!

• 17th Dec 2014

Couldn't ask for a better location in Hollywood and very easy to get to downtown LA. Probably the best party hostel I've stayed at in the last three months so it's very easy to meet people, plus they do free food and drinks some nights

Well. The staff were great So too the security and they acted on disturbing behaviour by tossing people out of the hostel. Unfortunately they had some jerks staying there who went way to far .ie slotting blue movies on DVDs that all the women could see....not the fault of the staff as they weren't aware. Some. Bloke and a Sheila decided to get it on in our dorm room kitchen which I thought was pretty average but the staff acted on that. They try very hard to control people's actions

Very useful computer rooms, nice staff, the hostel provides lots of activities to do like beer nights, however, I would avoid staying in the Hollywood area in general because it is disgusting, boring, and lame. Not like the movies, but a great hostel!!! would recommend.

• 8th Dec 2014

One of the beste Hostels I have been staying in so far.

In a great location - 10minute walk to the main part of Hollywood Blvd, trains and buses. Great atmosphere with plenty of common areas to chill or to socialize. Bear in mind that if you're a light sleeper you may want earplugs to sleep with as the music can go late. Nice free breakfast and plenty of daily activities offered. Some staff were really friendly and helpful and some weren't. The dorm had Both a bathroom and a kitchen which was handy! I would recommend this place to a friend.

Banana staff was amazing, especially Mark, very friendly, fun and welcoming.

• 6th Dec 2014

The Banana Bungalow Hostel is the best Hostel I've ever been to so far. The staff is very nice and willing to help you with everything. The atmosphere is fantastic and there are always some free or low-cost activities you could join in. The dorms are simple and unfortunately not that clean, but I would consider it as average for a Hostel.

• 6th Dec 2014

Great place to stay, friendly staff , close to everything. Do not take the night bus to pubs, was a waste of money for nothing

This place was fantastic. Everything i could want as a seasoned round the world traveller. Cheap washing with free powder. Good breakfast, free dinner and drinks on wednesday! seriously amazing. and the karaoke wasn't half bad as well :) clean big room with internal kitchen, although i didn't have to use it as i got so much included food from the hostel. great social areas and activities and good information on what is happening around hollywood. Have already sent people this way.

breakfast could have been improved!

• 30th Nov 2014