Banana Bungalow Maui Hostel Reviews

310 N. Market St., Wailuku, Maui, Maui, USA

I stayed one night and the staff and guests were friendly, and the free tours are well received so it is good for meeting people to do trips with. Though the dorms and bathrooms were cramped and dark. I have stayed in so many great hostels and being slightly older decided to move to another local hostel which I found more comfortable with great people also.

Amazing stay, was recommended this place a few years ago and I can see why! Awesome atmosphere and the free tours are great, it's so good that I extended my stay. If you want a good vibe and great tours stay here

It was amazing!! The staff is the best, everyone is friendly, great vibe! It has a hot tub, drinking games every night, you feel like everyone's your family. The tours included are awesome! Make sure to tip the drivers/guides at least 20$, they live out of tips and they are very cool guys, especially Charles the canadian guy, funny dude. One of the best hostels I've stayed in my life! And I've been staying in hostels since 1998 so I know what I'm talking about. The Banana rules! Go Bananas!!!

Would not recommend staying here. No staff at site during the night/no security. Not a comfortable room. Options for room were to leave windows open with assorted bugs coming through damaged and poor fitting window screens or close windows and sleep in sauna-like temperatures with floor fan running. For number of rooms difficult at times to get the opportunity to gain entry to a bathroom. Loud noises/disruptive guests till 2AM. Stranger gained access to our room!!!

• 5th Apr 2014
  • All Female Group, 41+

No towels were provided, they entered the room without letting us know when we were out and removed only half of our rubbish, they took a $55 "Deposit" which was suppose to be deducted from the total end charge and further charged us upon departure with authority on my credit card. They were just dumb. Anoyying and dissapointing.

• 27th Mar 2014

Great hostel, decent rooms and wifi. Slightly old school facilities (e.g. shower) but great location, staff and the bonus of the tours as part of the stay is excellent.

I Highly recommend this hostel!

• 25th Mar 2014

Amazing experience. The staff was awesome and the guests were from all over the world. The free tours were fun and well organized.

• 24th Mar 2014

Fantastic atmosphere. Great free trips out. Highly recommend. Hot tub is an absolute bonus.

• 13th Mar 2014

Really enjoyed our stay there. ANNIE was a star, runs a very tight ship. Room was very comfortable, clean and quiet. Facilities are great, lots of space to socialise, or have quiet time. Great value for money.

Definitely recommend, great way to seethe island with daily tours. Great ppl n great place!!

• 27th Feb 2014

Cleanest hostel I have been to. Not what I would call a party hostel, but it had a great atmosphere. The location is not good, but they do free trips every day to the beach and other places. I'd recommend it for sure.

• 26th Feb 2014

The best hostel in Maui! Super cool staff, nice

Clean, fresh paint, newly renovated washrooms. Staff were friendly for the most part, but those that took us on the tours seemed more interested in receiving their tip at the end of the day rather than actually being good tour guides. People were social and always up for a good time. The fan in our room drowned out any noise from others. Within walking distance to grocery store. Would stay again but would rent our own car to explore on our own or just follow the tour vans. Clean kitchen to cook.

Wonderful hostel to meet people and experience Maui! The facilities were fine and beds comfortable. Great call for quiet time in the evening gives those wanting to sleep the opportunity to do so.

• 10th Feb 2014
  • New Zealand

AWESOME!!!

• 7th Feb 2014

Hostel was in a pretty central part of the island, but thought the location lacked the charm that Lahaina, Paia or even Hana had. Unless you hire a car, I think you would find it difficult to explore the island from Wailuku and it would be better to base yourself in Lahaina. Wailuku is not a very nice part of town. Unfortunately missed out on the free tours. Hot tub was awesome.

i'll be back

• 6th Feb 2014
  • Belgium

This hostel was very nice. Nice staff and very knowledgeable. There could have been more security in the hostel. Anyone could walk in during the day and the locks on the doors weren't very secure. I felt as if I couldn't leave anything in the room, especially since the window was level with the sidewalk outside and the window and screen were not secure. Free parking if you can find a good spot around the hostel. Overall, nice experience.

Great staff, free tours, keg fridays, and the hot tub :)

• 31st Jan 2014