• 310 N. Market St., Wailuku, Maui, Maui, USA
7.8
Very Good 846 Total Reviews
7.8
Very Good 846 Total Reviews
Banana Bungalow Maui Hostel Located at 310 N. Market St., Wailuku, Maui, Maui.
USA
Maui Hawaii 96793 310 N. Market St., Wailuku, Maui
78% 846
20.8922938 -156.5043640
    Rooms available

• Germany, Male, 18-24
18th Jun 2016

The Banana Bungalow is probably the ideal spot for you to settle down on Maui to meet nice people, do fun day trips, and thereby explore the island. Only downside is probably the location, if you are looking for a beach house. But I bet you will always find someone with a rental car (if you don't have one yourself) to drive around. There are also daily tours which are a lot of fun. The great staff is also offering airport pickups and drop offs. All in all, thumbs up! Recommend it!

13th Jun 2016
7.1

It honestly seemed like there was 8 people on staff, 2 of which I saw working, and most were more enamored of getting high in their private rooms. The hostel isn't surrounded by any nightlife so you will have to make it yourself at the hostel. Which, on the nights I was there was fairly lackluster but that's okay given how early you have to start on the island before the heat gets to you. How this place has the high rating I have no idea. Is it clean? Totally. Best hostel ever? No chance.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
10th Jun 2016

I only stayed a couple of nights, though im not a party animal, if you are, this is the place to be. The tours are free and ran by 2 awesome guys named Zac and Nic. I had Nic for all my tours and he was awesome, showed such passion and love for his job even though he is a volunteer, so tip away guys. The rooms and bathrooms were clean, no bugs, kitchen was big and had loads of room for you to store your food. I felt really safe here and could trust leaving my things around which was great.

• USA, Female, 25-30
10th Jun 2016

This was my first hostel experience.. i was traveling solo and I am super glad i choose Banana Bungalow. They have a huge common area.. the best staff ever. I just felt super welcome.. I went on the free tours they provide and Nick was my guide. He was the best, super funny, showed us all the secret spots and partied with us at the end of the day. If it werent for him getting the whole bus to play a game together i dont think i would have made as many life long friends.. super happy

• Norway, Female, 18-24
5th Jun 2016

Our stay at Banans Bumgalow was absolutely worth the money! They had tours each day and our drivers/the staff at the hostel were so great and helpful. Alex was so sweet and helped us with anything we needed; advice, charger, warm clothes and great company. Zach and Nick have great personalities, lots of information and they made the tours absolute worthwhile. Thank you so much for making our time in Maui fantastic! I wish we could have stayed longer.

• Canada, Female, 18-24
29th May 2016

I was suppose to stay there 5 nights but then it happen that i stay there my whole vacation. This hostel is the best i never went!! They have such a good atmosphere, the location is perfect and its really clean. This hostel will catch your heart forever. Oh and, you have to do the free tour, Nach and Zich are the best tour guide ever! Hoping i'll go back soon :)

21st May 2016

Great hostel! Great place to party! The staff is amazing and always there to help. The tours are great and it is an excellent way to explore Maui. It was actually my second time at that place and loved it!

• Austria, Female, 25-30
5th May 2016
4.9

The rented towel smelled horrible, rooms were not clean. The "private room for three" had two beds and a few blankets on the floor, meant as a matress. Bathrooms cleaned once a day, in the late morning, so when you come later than noon the bathrooms are just disgusting. All in all it seemed like an oversize bachelor apartment - a very neglected one.

Aloha and thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback! Having spoken with you personally, I am very sorry to hear that despite our best efforts, we were unable to make your stay at the Bungalow a pleasant experience for you. As stated in our room descriptions, triple rooms are two twin beds and a futon mattress on the floor. When you found this uncomfortable yet didn't want to move into a dorm, we gave you a free upgrade to two private rooms so you could all have a bed and be comfortable. I wish you had let us know what else we could have done. We do indeed clean the bathrooms in the morning and then periodically throughout the day. We are constantly striving to be better about our cleanliness all around, including bathrooms, and many people have found that we are improving. I'm sorry to hear this was not the case for you but we will continue to try and be better! The Bungalow does have a social atmosphere. We pride ourselves on being the most fun hostel in Hawaii. However, I can see how this is not for everybody and one might find it a bit "bachelor"ish. Thank you again for taking the time to leave a review. Best of luck on the rest of your adventures!

• Germany, Female, 18-24
28th Apr 2016

The Banana Bungalow offers an amazing atmosphere - you will find people to hang out with very fast! The staff is great and helpful with anything you need to make your stay worthwile. They offered free tours to incredible places every day - Nick, Alex and Zack have lots of information and make every tour unforgettable! Definitely the hostel you want to stay at.

• Brazil, Female, 25-30
27th Apr 2016
6.0

pros: -price - near to the airport - kitchen to prepare your own meal - commom areas for entertainment - free tours offered everyday - friendly staff - safe box in the reception - pc with internet access for free dows: - very small shared rooms - proximity to a river attracts many mosquitos, insects and rats - bad showers - no storage in rooms