• 310 N. Market St., Wailuku, Maui, Maui, USA

8.4
Fabulous 868 Total Reviews
8.4
Fabulous 868 Total Reviews
Banana Bungalow Maui Hostel Located at 310 N. Market St., Wailuku, Maui, Maui.
USA
Maui Hawaii 96793 310 N. Market St., Wailuku, Maui
84% 868
20.8922938 -156.5043640
    Rooms available

• Switzerland, Female, 18-24
24th Jul 2016

The Banana Bungalow is an awsome Hostel! They offer fantastic Tours and the Stuff is very friendly. I had so much fun and I felt super welcome! :) The Tourgides make sure that we have a great Time and showed us the best spots. Most of the Tours i spend with Nick he was the best Guide, and he teached me how to surf in a privat Lesson! Thank you so much you are awesome :) I will stay there again when i'm the next time in Maui!

• Ireland, Female, 18-24
9th Jul 2016

The tours on offer here were fantastic.It was incredible value for money as we had the chance to visit so many parts of Maui.Staff were friendly and kept the hostel very clean,the bathrooms at this hostel are so clean.One of the full time drivers at the hostel, Nick was incredibly friendly and really made an effort to make sure we had a great time.I felt car sick on one of the tours and he went out of his way to make sure I was comfortable & had water etc.My friends and I really enjoyed our stay

• Ireland, Female, 18-24
9th Jul 2016

Seriously recommend this hostel to anyone visiting Maui. It's by far the best hostel on the island -offering free bus tours daily to ensure you get to see the very best of the island (Road to Hana etc) The tour guides are so easygoing and happy to help with everything. For example, I have pale skin and was nervous about sunburn so Nick brought me to Walmart to get long pants before the tour :) he went out of his way to help me! Bathrooms are also the cleanest of any hostel I've stayed in - 10/10

7th Jul 2016
8.0

The Banana Bungalow is an awesome hostel with a great vibe! Staff are amazing and the free daily tours are a great bonus. My sister and I booked into a dorm room but on arrival got a free upgrade to a private room - you will definitely be taken care of here! The only downside is its location - not on the beach. However I still 100% reccommed a stay here, you definitely won't regret it!

7th Jul 2016

Stayed here for a total of 12 nights and had so much fun! My sister and I travelling together got a free upgrade to a private room which was clean and convenient. The free tours were amazing and such great value - props to the awesome tour guides! Everything here from the vibe, staff, rooms and activities is on point. Can't wait to come back! Would 110% recommend to anyone and everyone. A very fun and welcoming hostel.

• Germany, Female, 25-30
30th Jun 2016

Hostel and staff are amazing!!

• natalieviola
  • USA, Female, 25-30
28th Jun 2016

i had a great stay! the staff was amazing, and people staying there were friendly! i will stay there again next time i am in maui! thanks for a great time!

• Germany, Male, 18-24
18th Jun 2016

The Banana Bungalow is probably the ideal spot for you to settle down on Maui to meet nice people, do fun day trips, and thereby explore the island. Only downside is probably the location, if you are looking for a beach house. But I bet you will always find someone with a rental car (if you don't have one yourself) to drive around. There are also daily tours which are a lot of fun. The great staff is also offering airport pickups and drop offs. All in all, thumbs up! Recommend it!

13th Jun 2016
7.1

It honestly seemed like there was 8 people on staff, 2 of which I saw working, and most were more enamored of getting high in their private rooms. The hostel isn't surrounded by any nightlife so you will have to make it yourself at the hostel. Which, on the nights I was there was fairly lackluster but that's okay given how early you have to start on the island before the heat gets to you. How this place has the high rating I have no idea. Is it clean? Totally. Best hostel ever? No chance.

10th Jun 2016

I only stayed a couple of nights, though im not a party animal, if you are, this is the place to be. The tours are free and ran by 2 awesome guys named Zac and Nic. I had Nic for all my tours and he was awesome, showed such passion and love for his job even though he is a volunteer, so tip away guys. The rooms and bathrooms were clean, no bugs, kitchen was big and had loads of room for you to store your food. I felt really safe here and could trust leaving my things around which was great.