Banana Bungalow Maui Hostel Reviews

310 N. Market St., Wailuku, Maui, Maui, USA

awesome there!!! greetings to Isac and the great stuff.!! we had alot fun!!

• 2nd Oct 2014

Stayed for one night. Nice hostel, bathrooms clean, one common area with table tennis, TV... free WiFi, free pancakes coffee tea, mosquitos ;) and free trips (but you have to tip the driver). Without a car - good value... Otherwise a bit too expensive...

This property should be taken off hostel world. I had to leave immediately upon arrival as there was drug activity taking place.

• 24th Sep 2014

If you can - don't stay there. The only positive thing are the free tours but this is actually not enough compensation for what you're experiencing. When I checked in into my room my (really lovely) room mates where hunting a mouse that partly ate the bag from one of the girls. Whilst hunting for the mouse (or mice?) something else ran through the room - a giant cockroach. The bathrooms were no better experience either, moldy, dirty and haven't seem cleaning equipment for a very long time...

Had such a great time at this hostel. Though I didn't take advantage of any of the free torus I met people from all around the world!! Very chill vibe.. I will definitely be back in the future!

• 21st Sep 2014

I felt at home even though I was the only elderly guest. I enjoyed the Iao Needle tour.

Pretty expensive for the facilities available.

LOVED the banana bungalow!!!! the free tours are amazing! so much fun, you meet heaps of people and the staff are great! definitely a social hostel! only downfall was the location- if u dont hire a car or wanna do the tours you're pretty much stuck there... and the bedrooms are SO hot!! Id definitely return though! free pancake breaky was awesome and staff were great! party hostel for sure!

Excellent hostel, had a great time. The free tours are the best! You don't need to hire a car at all, these guys will take you to all the best places on the island. And the tour guides/staff were really friendly, chilled out awesome guys. Also don't let the 10pm sound curfew fool you, this is a serious party hostel.

Great hostel for the value! Great people and staff. The tours they offer for (you tip, almost) free are fantastic.

• 3rd Sep 2014
  • Switzerland

I was very disappointed in the pricing at this hostel. I called in advance to make sure I and my partner would just pay the 52 $ for us both,

• 2nd Sep 2014

"Free "tours are great! Had a good time, young energetic group. International guests, beautiful women, friendly atmosphere. Party time!

Terrible location, but it's all good because the free tours and great atmosphere make things ok. This is a quiet enough hostel if you want it to be, and quite the party hostel if you want that too. A very cool lounge/common area. Did I mention the free tours!? You have to tip your guide, but that's totally worth it if you are doing Maui without a car.

I had a great time! The daily free tours make up for the location. Although, the waterfall in walking distance is a little treat! The best hostel I have ever stayed at!

• 20th Aug 2014
  • Sweden

Tours are amazing!!!!! Everyone played drinking games all night, it had such an amazing atmosphere. Met some of the most incredible people there, will definitely go back one day.

• 7th Jul 2014

Don't watch on the rating, this hostel is about the atmosphere, the people and above all the great free (except the tip) tours! I had the best time there!

Great hostel. Fun and great tours. Just gotta make sure you sign up early for them. I wish they had the schedule of the tours online so people could plan when to go in case they have something specific they want to do. The Haleakala tour is on Saturday and I didn't know. Had unknown I would've arrived earlier. But it's very clean and fun. Definitely recommend it. You'll meet a lot of people and the lot he. Is big enough for many ppl to cook.

• 29th Jun 2014

the hostel was okay, rooms are fine, quite hot and sticky. the bathrooms are very dirty and also the rooms were always sandy tours were great but "just" 20 seats in the cars and all other guests can not go. atmosphere good, but without a car your lost. lahaina is almost 2 hours away by bus.

Good place to stay for a hostel providing all that was necessary, good bed, showers and safety. Kitchen was good with alot of resource. Tour feature was good :) really enjoyed it. Wish we could have gone on the tour on the day we had to check out too. Only negative would be that room we were in could get noisy late at night, but expected in a social hostel. Location wad a bit out of way but easy to catch bus or drive to.

Party hostel. Staff is very friendly, but the place is quite messy...Good if you want to meet people, and stay up till late at night. I wouldn't recommend it if you're planning to relax.