Banana Bungalow San Diego Reviews

707 Reed Ave, San Diego, USA

Location is spot on, right on the beach with a gorgeous view to wake up to. A really fun party hostel that's a great place to meet people and have fun.

Really fun hostel with a lot of activities set up every night. Stayed an extra 2 nights because i enjoyed the hostel and location so much.

I didn't expect to like this place because of some bad reviews but I did enjoy my stay here. Right on the beach. Come out onto the deck and see the Californians and tourists jogging by and sunbathing. Enjoy the local nightlife such as the Tavern. Some staff looked a bit "tired", must be exhausting chatting up all the female travellers! ;) Lot of "romance" happening at this place. But boy-girl ratio not good for boys! But the locals are friendly and like foreigners so go out!

This is the worst place you can find in San Diego, is very expensive cpmared to a hotel or other hostels, is very dirty, smells terrible, if you are expecting to have a good time don't stay here. The staff is very inpolite and rude. There are curaches all around the place, the worst night of my life.

• 20th Sep 2013
  • Mexico

You have never stayed at our hostel - you booked the wrong date and when you arrived the day after we were sold out & could not help you. It was entirely your mistake and to write this review out of frustration that you lost your booking deposit is ridiculous. We have notified Hostelworld of this fraudulent review.

Loved the bungalow! Had an awesome night there and met some great people. Clean, safe, and good facilities, great group options too like the tour down to TJ for the day. Most of the staff seemed like they'd rather be somewhere else, but not a big deal.

Awesome hostel of your looking to party and meet people. The staff arrange great activities and nights out . Definitely the best hostel I've ever stayed and I will be going back. Majority of the staff were great but Ed is an absolute legend! Ed is banana bungalow!

I stay here for a week every summer...the location is perfect for the beach, the boardwalk, night life, store, everything...you can't beat it...it is more of a coed party hostel, so know that ahead of time...but it is up to your to join in the beer pong and pub crawls or not....I personally love the mornings on the deck before everyone else is up and the music gets turned on...but that's just me :)

great place, location, staff, crowd and scene!

• 29th Jul 2013

Awesome common area, the staff knows to integrate the guests but the room are so warm and you listen all the noise of street, bathroom are not so clean.

Best hostel I have ever stayed in!!

• 23rd Jul 2013

Loved every second home sick for banana bungalows, I felt like crying when I left

• 2nd Jul 2013

Super fun and chilled atmosphere the hostel gave heaps of tips on what to do and where to go and it is about 20 meters from a little shack that sells fish tacos that would have been the best taco I have ever had in my life! Ed seems like te scariest rudest man at first but then sharing a room with him turns out he is a massive lad like a good older bro. Would highly recommend this place to stay fo sure!!

Cant lock the door of the room. You have to pay for lockers and towels. Constantly disturb by the party. Rude staff. Not a good things at this hostel except the location. Even the free breakfast was cheap and the kitchen look so dirty that we dont want to go there... Dont go at this hostel: walk 15 minutes and be secure instead of this.

• 18th Jun 2013

The best hostel I've ever stayed in, so much fun! It's literally right on the beach, and they provide great entertainment every day of the week!

• 5th Jun 2013

This hostel was disgraceful. The room had no lockers and the door was left open constantly as many staff (i hope) were going in and out to use a cupboard. The paid lockers in the common room hardley worked and you could not get to them due to other guests bags. A staff memeber in my room was accused of stealing from people's bags. He was also so rude to me that I left early. I asked for a refund due to feeling unsafe and unwelcome but was denied and the manager never emailed me as promised.

I must say that I was a little skeptical about staying at Banana Bungalow. I had only stayed in one other hostel, however, I had an incredible experience. I traveled alone. Everyone was extremely welcoming. The staff is amazing. In addition, all of the guest are awesome. I stayed at this hostel for one week. For me that was a lot, however, if you are adept at living in groups you'll do fine. A big thank you to Eric, Pippa, Edward, James, Christina and many other staff. Kansas

• 19th Mar 2013

If you like party and beach, its a perfect hostel, you can find there a deck overlooking the sea, if you intend to rest and want to know this hostel, don't stay in a 12 bed room, call the staff to choose a small room.

The women working behind the desk asked us for $20 deposit each when we checked in. and assured us we'd get it back. When I checked out, the guy knew nothing about deposites. SO obviously theres some dodge stuff happening behind the counter. Its also pretty average how you have to pay to use the lockers. Very negative tone about the place, even the signs on the walls were not friendly at all, and were very patronizing. I will not stay here again.

Place was really cool but bathroom hygiene could be worked on

Being in front of the sea for 30$ and meeting a lot of international people. Definitely one of the most amazing weekends of my life.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7