Banana Hostel Reviews

Jinshan S. Rd. & Xinyi Rd. intersection, (MRT Dongmen Station), Taipei, Taiwan

Great location. Just few minutes away from MRT Station. We stayed in a private room. Clean and comfortable. Public toilet is clean too! Friendly staff as well! Definitely one of the best hostel in Taipei!

The staff was kind ,and facilities are good enough. We had a great time in there.the best thing of hostel is location. It is accessible and there are a lot of place to go near hostel.

• 9th Jan 2015
  • South Korea

I stayed in a 4 female dorm. The dorm is really small, even smaller than the room I stayed in Hong Kong and Singapore. There is not really much space in the room to open the luggage. The upper bunk bed was a bit difficult to climb up and down. However, there is a nice pantry for the dining where I got to know some new friends. The hostel was located strategically just near to subway station.

Thank you for your review and sorry for the very low rating. We are sorry for not being able to satisfy you. Even though our 4-bed room is really small, you can also see the photos online, the space of beds is not small at all. And actually many girls appoint to stay in this room, they love it:) We do hope everyone can spend more time in common area instead of their beds. Maybe next time you can choose the mixed dorm or private rooms? Thank you in advance!!

I have done quite a bit of traveling over the years and this is the best hostel I have ever stayed at. That's not just hyperbole. The beds are super comfortable and private. The most comfy hostel beds Ive ever slept on. Awesome friendly staff. Perfect location (close to the OG din tai fung and the greatest beef noodle shop in town) at a subway station. Solid breakfast. Free all you can eat bananas and banana bread. FREE ALL YOU CAN EAT BANANAS!!! Do not stay anywhere else in Taipei.

Dear Bryan, you are so sweet!! We love you and definitely your review. Hope we can have another chance to host you soon!

First hostel review in about 20 countries I'd been to! Others met their standard, but Banana hostel was outstanding during my stay. Location: easy to find within 1 min walk to MRT station Bed: Comfy bed with curtain to provide you privacy in 12-bed room Bathroom and toilet: Clean, functional and huge space Staffs: Extremely helpful, dedicated and nice. I went alone to Taipei, some of them brought me out for dinner and lunch. Many thanks for that.

You are such a nice guest in our hostel, we just treat you as you did to us. We all love your smiling and wish you will come back and maybe have fun with us again!

Nice hostel and perfect location.

The mixed dorm was perfect for us and we appreciated the individual enclosures for each bed. Great location very close from the subway station.

• 13th Dec 2014

Dear Christophe, thank you for the review! We were glad to host you guys.

Fantastic hostel experience. Everything was so clean and chic, and it made my stay very enjoyable!

Thank you for staying with us! We were happy to have you, so friendly and nice people, in our hostel. Wish we can see you again soon.

Good place, would stay there again. Don't know whats up with all the bananas though.

Good lactation, awesome staff, confy mattress, interesting atmosphere. Definitely going to stay again!!

• 14th Nov 2014
  • Taiwan

Stayed for 4 nights in a small double room, the hostel was really clean and had a very welcoming atmosphere. The shared bathroom area was always available and the free small breakfast was a nice addition. The hostel is very near the MRT so easy to get around. The staff were very friendly and were willing to help with any issues. Great place to stay in Taipei...!!!

Dear Daniel, thank you so much for the great review, and we were happy that we can help you. Hope we will see you again soon!!

The location is awesome and beds are good in the mixed dorm. Staff are friendly and it's very clean and tidy. Would defnitely recommend this hostel.

Thank you so much for the review. We appreciate!!

I once again staying at the fantastic Banana Hostel, this time with nice Halloween decoration :)

Thank you so much for give us perfect review again, you are really kind:)

A really clean, great hostel. There is a deck on the 4th floor for smoking and a common area on the 2nd floor, unfortunately no one wanted to hang out. Great place to stay, not so much for meeting people.

Dear Sergey, thank you for giving us so good review! We just had some events in our hostel, such a shame that you are not here, otherwise you can meet so many new friends!!!

I spent one night at Banana hostel and I felt very comfortable, the place is very near to metro station and very well located, the staff was very friendly and nice, the showers are huge and very clean, after almost 20h of flights for arrive taipei when i got banana hostel felt like at home, highly recommendable.

Dear Salvador, that's really generous of your review! We really appreciate it and glad to meet you. Hope you have enjoyed in Taiwan and love this place like we do!!

I was very happy with my stay there. It is clean and secure and the staff are nice. Their instructions on how to find the place are good. I would stay there again if I was in Taipei. Allow time to find Taipei West Bus Station if you are catching the bus to the airport as Taipei Main Station is very big.

Dear Tim, thank you so much for those sweet words!! We enjoyed in hosting you so much. Hope we will see you again soon:)

Awesome location n great staff, especially Joy. She´s so helpful n nice! Very clean hostel. I absolutely love Banana!!! Great breakfast (included) as well. Quiet place! Go ahead n book it without any hesitation!!!

Thank you, dear Marcello. Joy is always happy to help too! We all appreciate that you have chosen our hostel to stay, and thanks for telling other people to come here, that's really sweet!!!

I've stayed at a few hostels, but Banana Hostel is by far my favorite. Location is discreet, in a good location that isn't filled with too much tourism, but it's right next to a subway station making public transportation convenient. The place is super clean and the beds are super nice. I stayed in a 16-person bedroom, which sounds like a lot, but each cubby/bed came with a curtain. Strangely enough, it felt more spacious than a capsule hotel too. Enjoyed my stay, would definitely come back.

• 6th Oct 2014

Dear Christine, thank you so much for the sweet words, they make our day! We appreciate that you like us and we will keep working on it. Hope to see you again soon!

Very nice hostel. The pods provide lots privacy and are spacious. Nice location, walking distance to good eateries.

Banana Hostel is a friendly hostel to stay in. I really appreciate that Wilbur, Joy and Lexi waited till 11pm for me to check in. I stayed in the 16 bed mixed dorm and the bed was comfortable and big. Really appreciate the private curtains as well. Would definitely recommend this to any backpackers in Taipei!

• 1st Oct 2014
  • Singapore

Dear Wan Ning, thank you so much for this review. We are so lucky to have so many nice guests such as you recently, we appreciate it! We like that when we smile and talk to you, you'd do the same to us, it made us feel happy and joyful. Hope you've had a good time in Taipei and will come back again:)