Banana Hostel Reviews

Jinshan S. Rd. & Xinyi Rd. intersection, (MRT Dongmen Station), Taipei, Taiwan

This is by far the cleanest hostel I've ever stayed in. You change your shoes at the door into complimentary slippers you change them in the shower and to go outside on the balcony. The free breakfast and bananas is a plus and the staff is incredibly friendly. I highly highly recommend this place if you're in taipei. The location is great everything is a short walk away or its right around the corner from the mrt

Thank you for the great review! We all are looking forward to seeing you again soon!!

Very friendly staff, excellent location with good access to public transportation and restaurants. I loved the "homely" atmosphere and the beds were some of the most comfortable I've ever slept in at hostels.

Thank you for the nice words and high rating, we appreciate that so much! Hope you have enjoyed your trip to Taipei and come to us again!

The staff of banana hostel is simply great. People there are very welcoming and help out were they can. The only huge issue I had in this hostel was to gain a goodnight sleep. Out of my 5 nights, I could not sleep properly through one of them. This is partially due to disrespectful dorm mates, but I also think that the hostel is quite noisy. The big dorm is right next to the street and the female dorm is under the kitchen and besides the central hallway. :(

Thank you for telling us all the above, we will keep the advantage and try to improve the disadvantage. Hope you will come back Taipei and visit us again!!

They are called banana hostel for a reason. They have got bananas for guest. Out of the 4 nights I was there, there was a night that has got no bananas. I asked the recept and he managed to get me one. Never felt happier than a monkey with banana. Clean room in a central location. Minutes walk from the train station. Enjoyed the stay.

Haha, so you are the monkey! Welcome to banana and hope you will come back again:)

The staff are incredibly friendly and knowledgeable: they offered to carry my bag up the stairs even though it weighed 25kg and they also gave me the option of moving to a room with more space (this was the same price as the room I booked, but it's nice to be in a hostel that is so flexible). The dorms offer a lot of privacy as you have a curtain that goes round in front of your bed and everything was always very clean. It was really one of the best hostels I have ever stayed in!

• 11th Oct 2015

Thank you for your sweet words! Hope you enjoy your Taiwan trip. Banana's door is always opening for you!

All the staff were great. The location is right next to the subway station. The breakfast has great banana bread. The shower heads are amazing. Each bunk is pretty much self enclosed so no light gets in and it really feels like your own space. Also, they are cleaning not stop it seems likes, and it shows.

Thank you for the review! We will try to keep good working for banana:)

I like the layout of the bunk, it provides a lot of privacy.

Thank you for the nice words and high rating, we appreciate that so much!

Banana Hostel was the cleanest hostel I've ever stayed in. The atmosphere was cute but not over the top and the staff were very friendly and helpful. It's also in a really great location. :)

• 26th Sep 2015

Super friendly and amazing staff! Pick-off service to the airport extra plus.

Thank you for the review! We were lucky to have you and hope to see you again soon!

Very comfortable hostel to stay in with semi private bunk beds. The hostel was easy to find and was in a great part of the city. We were there during Mid Autumn Festival and the staff there hosted a wonderful barbecue for all the guests.

Thank you so much for this great review! We all had much fun with you guys. Hope you will come to Taipei and visit us again:)

Feels like in a big family - so welcoming, every single staff was nice and helpful, other guests were friendly too. The place was clean and lovely, there were fresh bananas supplied each day - so it was called Banana Hostel! It was comfortable and nice staying, would recommendate to others and definitely come back on next visit to Taipei.

Thank you for the great review! You are one of our best guests honestly. Friendly, talkative, always smile, we wish we could have every guest like you!!

Great and very friendly host. Very clean and very nice. 2 things: I was in the double room on the lower floor. 1. mouse in the wall. not in the hostel, not in the room. but in the wall. during the night, they made big trouble in the wall 2. the room was smelling, but everything was clean. an i am quiet sure, that the bed was also ok. i guess, it was comming from the aircon! i will come back, hopefully soon!!!! thx for the stay!!!

Thank you for telling us all the above. We think the mouse comes from our neighbor, an old Chinese cuisine restaurant. Even the restaurant has cats for catching mice, but it's not working so well and we have a big headache about it too... As for the smell, some old pipes around this building and we will try to improve it. So sorry for the problems:(

Great location right by Dongmen MRT station. Such a clean hostel, well thought out dorm beds with individual lights, curtains and two sockets. The bathrooms are spotless, and the staff is so meticulous with cleaning the whole place! Loved the free bananas too. Very happy with our stay and will definitely come back!

Clean hostel with new and clean facilities. Rooms are a little bit small but common area such as lounge and kitchen is big. and they also give you breakfast i love that. I will definitely stay again next time.

Thank you for the nice words, we appreciate that so much! Hope you have enjoyed your trip to Taipei and come to us again soon!

The best hostel I stayed at in Taiwan. Very clean, helpful staff, and in an excellent location.

WOW~that's an amazing review to us! Thank you so much and hope to see you again!!

Really enjoyed my stay here. Probably the most comfortable and clean hostel I've stayed at. Staff is friendly and helpful, and Yong Kang St, with its shops, restaurants, bars etc is right nearby. My only gripe was that the place was really quiet and low-key, so if you're looking for a place to party go elsewhere. Perfect if you're just trying to take it easy or travelling with friends.

Comfortable hostel. Great beds, individual 'pod-style' with their own light and universal plugs. Close to the metro. Breakfast included which was good.

Thank you for the review! We will try to keep good working for banana:)