Banana Hostel Reviews

2F, No. 7, Sec. 2, Jinshan S. Rd., Da-na Dist., Taipei, Taiwan

Banana Hostel is situated at my favourite spot in Taipei. Although I only stayed for a night but really love the atmosphere and the overall feel of the place. The roof top terrace is a lovely plus as well. Will definitely stay for a short trip to Taipei next time.

Very good location and very clean!! i love this hostel!!

The staff was spectacular - so friendly and so helpful! The directions to the hostel were perfect and the directions to the airport busses at Taipei Main were essential. I appreciated the yummy breakfast. Do not spend your money on the 4-bed room. It's literally just a corner with two sets of bunk beds positioned end to end and a sliding door. There is no room for more than one person to stand in the room at a time. Hardly a private "room". Top bunks are very high up, difficult climb.

What a fantastic hostel! It was safe and in a good location. The free breakfast and banana bread were delicious! The staff was amazing. One employee gave me great recommendations for things to do and places to eat that were not the usual touristy stuff. I made great discoveries this way. My only complaint would be that the female dorm was incredibly small and very difficult to get around in at full occupancy. But it was clean and the beds were very comfy! I will definitely stay here again!

I’ve backpacked around the world for 15 months and stayed in countless hostels, but Banana Hostel is the cutest I’ve ever seen! The hostel is clean, cute, new, modern, has very spacious bunks in the shared dorm (not bunk beds, think gigantic cubbies w/curtains), clean sparkling bathrooms, a spacious kitchen with facilities and outdoor patio, as well as a lounge area on the reception floor. Wi-Fi is throughout and fast.

Pros: 1) Very clean and very neat. 2) Very well-equipped and facilities are well-maintained 3) beds are super comfy 4) one of the best hostels that I have stayed in 5) located really near to the train station and yongkang street (which boasts many cafes and restaurants and st food) Cons: 1) rooms are slightly small but will do just fine. 2) had some difficulty locating the hostel, but the staff are more than willing to help you out if you give them a call beforehand to pick you up.

• 29th Mar 2014
  • Singapore

I had such an amazing time in Banana, Staff is very friendly and make their best to help you all along the day ! It's very clean and quiet, i will definitely recommend it... :) Thank you again guys!

• 17th Mar 2014

Thank you for your sweet words! Hope you enjoy your Taiwan trip. Banana's door is always opening for you

非常非常好的背包客栈! 喜欢这里的氛围! 尤其感谢特意准备的鲜花与蛋糕! 下次有机会一定还来这家!

謝謝您的鼓勵和稱讚,可惜您只待了一天,希望下次可以在這裡玩久一點!!

Close to downtown and clean. The design is stylish~

Dear Nancy, thank you for the review. We noticed that you gave us atmosphere and security low rating. Maybe it's because you didn't spend too much time, only few hours with us. Hope you can come back again and join our happy hostel!

Great place - Lexi, Wilbur, Joy and co. were great and very helpful when you needed them. The hostel is well located right beside MRT station and is within reasonable distance of 101 Tower. Great little eastery next door to the right. Painting and other artwork are fantastic and Lexi's banana bread is something to behold! Room was fine with ample room below bed which was in bunk fashion. Overall, a great hostel in a great city and highly recommended.

Dear Brian, thank you for the great review! You are one of our best guests honestly. Friendly, talkative, always smile, we wish we could have every guest like you!!

Great experience. The staff were great, and there were cool people staying there. The location is fantastic, right next to a train station so it's easy to get anywhere. Small lockers with locks provided. The bathrooms could be a little cleaner. The bananas are usually overripe. The beds are great, spacious with curtains for privacy and personal electricity plugs. I would def go back.

Dear Willa, thank you for the review. We will try to clean harder and improve which could be improved!

Location is good. it is near the Dongmen Station (MRT) where there are Din Tai Fung or Yongkang St. Staffs always took care of me and talked to me everytime we met. And I especially emphasize their cleanliness. room, bed, kitchen, bathroom, toilet... they are always kept quite clean. Totally good enough :-) I am sure that I had a good time there.

• 1st Feb 2014
  • Japan

Dear Yuya, thank you for giving us review. Hope we will see you soon!

The location was awesome.

• 31st Jan 2014
  • South Korea

Great faculty and very clean hostel. The staff went out of their way to make sure I was comfortable and enjoyed my stay.

Thank you for the review, we were happy to have you here. You were so friendly and kind, we hope to see you again soon!!

Banana Cosy is rather a shared apartement then a hostel. If we were looking for meeting other travellers this would have been the wrong choice. Nevertheless for our purposes is was perfect: very good location, near to the subway, many restaurants near by. Due to the fact that the apartment is rather small, sometimes we had the feeling to be too close to the other inhabitants-especially in respect to the toilet which was just next to our private room. We had a good time. Thanks Lexi & Wilbur!

Dear Sabine, thank you for the review! Hope next time you can visit our new and bigger hostel!

希望添加润发乳和吹风机,或请之后入住的女生自备

• 23rd Jan 2014
  • China

Amazing beds, the capsules is almost like a private room. I didn't have time to stay long but I'll be back at banana in the near future for sure.

wonderful place!

• 18th Jan 2014
  • China

Thank you so much for the review!

Location was excellent. Clear and and well documented instructions were given as to how to find the hostel. A sense of 'at home' atmosphere with beautiful & simple decorations. The staff were very friendly & accommodating. We would definitely want to stay at the hostel if we come back to Taipei. Thanks a lot, Lexi and Wilbur. We would like to suggest that perhaps that bed sheets should be provided for better comfort.

• 17th Jan 2014
  • Malaysia

Hello lexy and welxy (may be?). Do you remember me? We stay 6nights 7days. Come from south korea. I think our choice is very good. Clean, security, staff is the best. And also rocation of hostel is so good. See you soon . 감사합니다.

• 17th Jan 2014
  • South Korea

Dear Geon Woo and Moon Sun, of course we remember you, you wanted to go clubbing on Monday and Tuesday. Thank you for stay with us and extend 3 nights more. We hope to see you again very soon!

« first « Prev 1 2 3