Banana Hostel Reviews

Jinshan S. Rd. & Xinyi Rd. intersection, (MRT Dongmen Station), Taipei, Taiwan

Lovely facilities, friendly staffs, good banana cakes, cheap charges... I really satisfied to stay in Banana hostel. When the toilet papaer was empty, i told to the staff. She immidiately apologize and supplied. All the sevice were so good. I ofcourse stay here again when I go to Taiwan.

• 5th Sep 2014
  • Japan

Thank you for the review! We were lucky to have you and hope to see you again soon!

Everything was great, one of their staff waited for me to help me check in when I arrived after 11pm. I stayed in the 16 bed room, but large beds, and curtains still provide enough privacy! Free bananas and banana bread is a really nice touch :) Great central location, easy to get everywhere. Highly recommended.

While the it was inconvenient to shift our heavy luggage up and down the steep steps, there were always other very helpful travelers hanging around the common area to offer help. The rooftop is really a good place to have a beer at the end of a tiring day!

• 3rd Sep 2014
  • Singapore

-great location, friendly stuff, highly recommended for the first time visitor.

• 1st Sep 2014

Dear Perus, thank you for the review. Welcome back anytime!!

Great location (7-11, convenience shop, restaurants, MRT) friendly

Thank you for the great review! We all are looking forward to seeing you again soon!!

Awesome hostel. Great location, friendly & helpful staff, excellent facilities. I stayed in the 16 bed dorm, all the beds are boxed off to give you privacy, and come with your own light and power adapter. Couldn't ask for more.

You are so polite and friendly! We love you too!

Oh, this is another Ikea concept hostel. So if you like it, you will feel like staying in Ikea showroom. Overall, this hostel is good, equip with the necessary info that you need (tourism info, transportation, eating out, etc). I like the pantry most. big space, can even cook there. There is a balcony, although I didn't use it but I like how it looks.I do appreciate a lot that Lexi sent me a video with the direction to the hostel, it had ease my way. Keep up the good job!

Thank you for telling us all the above, we will keep the advantage and try to improve the disadvantage. Hope you will come back Taipei and visit us again!!

Banana hostel is really a nice place to stay, very friendly staff, the place is clean and pretty decorated, plus it is well located into the city. Dongmen area is very lively, there are little streets around it where you can go for eating and shopping. Would say it looks like a bit Hongdae area in Seoul. Really I can't find anything negative about it. I was staying with one friend, and we both really enjoyed our stay there. I would recommend to anyone traveling alone or with friends. C u soon!

• 24th Aug 2014

Thank you for the great review and we are happy to meet you. Hope we can have you again at Banana Hostel!

Very clean hostel! Also, the environment of the hostel is super warm and inviting. Everyone, staff and guests, are friendly. I originally thought staying in a 16-mixed room would be cramped, but each guest is allowed a comfy bed with a curtain if you want privacy. Love the setup! I also loved the complimentary breakfast of toast and tea. Perfect for a light breakfast.

• 19th Aug 2014

Thank you for the review! We will try to keep good working for banana:)

had a great time at this hostel. wilbur and lexi are great, its location is very central. just a few mrt stops away from most locations in the city. the beds i have mixed feelings about. they are super soft, but you can easily feel the springs. i still liked it enough to come back for another 2 nights at the end of my trip.

Perfect location, super clean washroom, I lived in 16 beds dorm, and the bed was very comfortable. Kitchen is nice and they provided free self-served breakfast in kitchen. Banana cake was great and I also love the fresh banana they always provide. Staffs are nice and helpful.

좋았습니다 또 타이페이를 방문할때 이용하고 싶어요

the 4 bed rooms abit small

Loved Banana Hostel. It's central, around the corner from the MTR and Da Ting Fung (an amazing place for chinese buns), and also a street of cute shops and eateries. Also within walking distance of a night market. I stayed in a mixed dorm room and the bed space was spacious and the showers and toilets were clean. It was a nice place to come back to at the end of a long day.

We were very happy with everything at Banana Hostel. We enjoyed the staff helpfulness and tips from the staff. We always felt safe and comfortable. We loved the decor, the banana theme, and enjoyed having banana treats to eat! Thank you!!

• 31st Jul 2014

위치는 좋음, 트윈방엔 창문없고 캐리어 두개 놓으면 꽉참. 욕실과 화장실, 세면실이 붙어있고 좁아서 매우 불편함...

Amazing place to stay! Don't worry about staying in the 16-bed dorm because the beds are huge and have a privacy curtain. The staff is amazing as well!, very helpful and friendly. Stay in this Hostel if you are going to Taipei!

Such a cool place to stay!! Banana hostel feels very homey and the staff is very present and engaged. The place itself is spotless, spacious, and the kitchen/outdoor patio is lovely (not to mention the fresh banana bread made daily for breakfast!) The metro stop is 30seconds away and everything is super accessible from that neighborhood. Overall great experience, looking forward to going back on my next visit to Taipei! BANANA LOVERS UNITE

• 25th Jul 2014

Thank you so much sweetie, we all like you too! Hope we have have you guys again at Banana!

Overall very good hostel and easy to meet other travellers. Enjoyed the free bananas.

Dear Josh, thank you for the review. If there is anything we can improve, please let us know!

highly recommended:)

Thank you so much! Hope you will enjoy the rest days in Taiwan!!

« first « Prev 1 2 3