Banana Hostel Reviews

2F, No. 7, Sec. 2, Jinshan S. Rd., Da-na Dist., Taipei, Taiwan

We really enjoyed our stay in banana hostel, we met a very nice staff from Hong Kong and she was very nice to us. The room was designed very well and contemporary !! Really recommend this hostel .

• 12th Jul 2014
  • Taiwan

Didn't have the best start to my trip in Taipei but the staff really helped me out with everything! From ringing the hospital to arranging appointments, I really appreciated what they did and definitely recommend this place. They are all so friendly and helpful. Thanks for everything.

It is very convenient to go there. The hostel is very clean. I had a very nice stay!

The staff were all very helpful and spoke good English so we were able to move around Taipei with good knowledge. Very clean, beds were mega comfortable- overall had a great stay!

• 29th Jun 2014

Great location. Great place. Great facilities.

• 25th Jun 2014

Banana Hostel is a vibrant and wonderful place to stay. It is not directly in the city but 2 minutes from Dongmen Metro station which means that it is in an ideal location to get around and see all the sights of Taipei. The staff in the hostel are very friendly. The décor and style of the hostel has a quirky edge which makes its a comfortable place to stay. The security is good and the breakfast and kitchen facilities are perfect and the hostel is very clean.

Nice and cosy hostel, love the bunk beds in the big dorm

We stayed in a double room where the comfy bed is high under the ceiling and you can sit underneath it. people taller than 180cm need to be careful... you need to know that the double rooms face to a big street which is noisy during the day and even some times in the night, but okay with earplugs. Close to the MRT, 3 stations away from main train station. Joy and her team are really good hosts, providing clear instructions, lots of bananas and fun. A simple DIY breakfast is served in 3rd floor.

I loved it there. It is extremely close to the dongmen metro station which made it very easy to get around. I highly recommended it!

A little hard to find because it is just a steel door with a sticker that says Banana on it. No one could direct us because I was asking in English and no one knew what I was asking for. It was clean and the staff were nice, and they gave us free postcards. Lots of stairs. I'm glad we didn't stay on the 3rd floor because it was warm up there, and even warmer on the 4th floor where the kitchen is. Bananas and water are supplied all day, Spreads and tea/coffee are also supplied for breakfast.

I had a wonderful stay at Banana Hostel. The place was really nice and it had an ideal location which was next to the MRT station. The place was very clean. I will come again next time when I visit TaiWan!!

• 31st May 2014
  • Hong Kong

The best hostel i ever stay at..never seen other hostel or hotel provided slippers for hostel area,patio and bathroom..they provided what most hostel don't give you like soap,shampoo even hand soap.very clean and the location is less than 200 metres from dongmen mrt station

One of the best places to stay I am sure in Taipei. Great location near highlights and metro. Staff were wonderful and helpful. Seemed new facilities and rooms were fabulous and decorated really tastefully. Fantastic stay!

I WILL JUST SAY ONE SENTENCE. THIS IS THE PLACE YOU HAVE TO STAY IN TAIPEI Absolutely clean beddings, privacy curtains, facilities, and beautiful bathrooms... with friendly staffs and global friends. It was really great time to stay there and meet lots of funny friends. We chatted a lot and went out together as well, if you wanna make a new friend through the trip, go to the Banana. Design and interior was also good. I loved their bunker bed structure which was efficient and pretty.

• 9th May 2014
  • South Korea

As a Taiwanese, I think banana hostel offered a great place. Good location-the most important to me-, easygoing staff, free breakfast, and chic facilities, my friends even ask me if I am in a fancy hotel. However the price is so affordable in Taipei! Last but not the least, The mixed dorm was soooo quiet. I love it, the little curtain is a great idea for someone who is kind of shy and need some privacy like me. People came here with good manner.

• 30th Apr 2014
  • Taiwan

Thank you for giving us this perfect review! We will try to keep working on being a good hostel!

Great place to stay. Friendly staff and a good atmosphere. Free simple breakfast in the morning. Great location near subway, walking distance to night market

The room and facilities surpassed my expectations! 16 beds in one room but ultra cosy and comfortable! The bed and pillows were very good. Very clean and comfortable hostel on the whole. Lots of public spaces for interacting with other travelers. I liked the way the light was installed to shine upwards in the little bunk space so it's not too glaring. The curtains provided some privacy for individuals, and there were more than sufficient slippers to change into at various indoor/outdoor spaces.

Stayed in the 16-room for about a week. Privacy curtains, personal lights, sockets, big bed, hooks for clothes, sufficient places to put your things in the shower, incredibly clean, friendly staff, free toast and bananas, fantastic WiFi, very close to the MRT...one of the best hostels I've stayed in worldwide.

Dear Kirsten, that's so nice of you to give us review. You are such a nice and friendly person, hope we can have another chance to host you soon!

Very friendly staffs and good location, definitely will come back again and will introduce to my friends.

Thank you for the nice words and high rating, we appreciate that so much! Our guests said you gave a postcard for each of your roommate, that's really sweet! Hope you have enjoyed your trip to Taipei and come to us again!

This has got to be the cleanest hostel I've ever stayed at! Staff were helpful as well; particularly on the last day, upon seeing that we were struggling with luggage, a male staff (i think it was the owner) not only helped with our luggage, but even flagged us a cab, loaded our luggage and gave the cab driver specific instructions to drop us off at the bus station. This is service at its best, especially coming from a hostel.

• 18th Apr 2014
  • Singapore

Dear Trinette, thank you for the review. We were happy to help you and appreciate that you remember it. Hope you will come back to banana again!