Banana Hostel Reviews

Jinshan S. Rd. & Xinyi Rd. intersection, (MRT Dongmen Station), Taipei, Taiwan

Staff was friendly, a lot of thought has been put to make the hostel a comfortable, considerate and homely place for travellers. Clean and not as castrophobic as some other hostels. Totally recommended!

• 28th Feb 2015
  • Singapore

It was excellent. We only stayed for a night, but it was really convenient, and we were happy the staff was willing to work with us to accomodate our late check in time. I would definitely stay there again.

a solid hostel for the price, with a very helpful staff who speak english (if you're into that kind of thing). situated right by the MRT for easy and cheap access to the whole city. Beds are comfortable, showers have hot water, and they have fresh (ish) bananas to munch on for free. the only thing I can think to complain about is their luggage lockers are a bit small.

you have to watch video they sent.

• 16th Feb 2015
  • South Korea

Perfect location, super friendly staff and helpful as well, nice atmosphere, can meet very interesting people here . Definitely staying again. Highly recommended.

• 8th Feb 2015

Amazing place to stay at. At first I was worried that the 16 room dorm would be really cramped but their design was perfect. Maximising every inch of the space to give the best comfort to guests on a tight budget. Very, very close to the subway as well which makes it really easy to travel around. Only drawback is that the shared bathroom walls do not reach the ground meaning the water from the next cubicle can flow into yours while a few are bathing together. A bit unhygienic in my opinion.

This is just the coolest hostel I've stayed in for a long time. There's a recent trend toward awful garishness in hostel interior decoration, but this place is most certainly not among them: the whole place is stylish yet comfortable. It wasn't a particularly sociable hostel, but this might be more the language barrier/it being Taipei, a stopover city, than anything else. Back to the plus, many of their beds are capsule-style (=solid night's sleep) and there is no lack of room for your luggage.

Very good location. Walking distance to "ding tai Fung ", "Yong Kang beef noodle " and many famous foods ard thr ! Love the surrounding environment very much. Location is very accessible as well . Staffs are very frenly and helpful. Thanks redpo ,Kaycee & Wilbur ~ Definitely will recommended to my Frens if they visit to Taiwan :)

• 31st Jan 2015
  • Malaysia

We only stayed for two nights, but we would have really liked to stay at Banana longer. The atmosphere was very friendly and quiet. The kitchen and balcony were great places to meet people and enjoy the view. Location was great. All in all a terrific hostel.

Thank you for the review! We will try to keep good working for banana:)

Great location. Just few minutes away from MRT Station. We stayed in a private room. Clean and comfortable. Public toilet is clean too! Friendly staff as well! Definitely one of the best hostel in Taipei!

Thank you for the great review and we are happy to meet you. Hope we can have you again at Banana Hostel!

The staff was kind ,and facilities are good enough. We had a great time in there.the best thing of hostel is location. It is accessible and there are a lot of place to go near hostel.

• 9th Jan 2015
  • South Korea

Thank you for the review! We were lucky to have you and hope to see you again soon!

I stayed in a 4 female dorm. The dorm is really small, even smaller than the room I stayed in Hong Kong and Singapore. There is not really much space in the room to open the luggage. The upper bunk bed was a bit difficult to climb up and down. However, there is a nice pantry for the dining where I got to know some new friends. The hostel was located strategically just near to subway station.

Thank you for your review and sorry for the very low rating. We are sorry for not being able to satisfy you. Even though our 4-bed room is really small, you can also see the photos online, the space of beds is not small at all. And actually many girls appoint to stay in this room, they love it:) We do hope everyone can spend more time in common area instead of their beds. Maybe next time you can choose the mixed dorm or private rooms? Thank you in advance!!

I have done quite a bit of traveling over the years and this is the best hostel I have ever stayed at. That's not just hyperbole. The beds are super comfortable and private. The most comfy hostel beds Ive ever slept on. Awesome friendly staff. Perfect location (close to the OG din tai fung and the greatest beef noodle shop in town) at a subway station. Solid breakfast. Free all you can eat bananas and banana bread. FREE ALL YOU CAN EAT BANANAS!!! Do not stay anywhere else in Taipei.

Dear Bryan, you are so sweet!! We love you and definitely your review. Hope we can have another chance to host you soon!

First hostel review in about 20 countries I'd been to! Others met their standard, but Banana hostel was outstanding during my stay. Location: easy to find within 1 min walk to MRT station Bed: Comfy bed with curtain to provide you privacy in 12-bed room Bathroom and toilet: Clean, functional and huge space Staffs: Extremely helpful, dedicated and nice. I went alone to Taipei, some of them brought me out for dinner and lunch. Many thanks for that.

You are such a nice guest in our hostel, we just treat you as you did to us. We all love your smiling and wish you will come back and maybe have fun with us again!

nice hostel, great staff and well placed. would stay again

Nice hostel and perfect location.

Thank you for the nice words, we appreciate that.

The mixed dorm was perfect for us and we appreciated the individual enclosures for each bed. Great location very close from the subway station.

• 13th Dec 2014

Dear Christophe, thank you for the review! We were glad to host you guys.

Fantastic hostel experience. Everything was so clean and chic, and it made my stay very enjoyable!

Thank you for staying with us! We were happy to have you, so friendly and nice people, in our hostel. Wish we can see you again soon.

Good place, would stay there again. Don't know whats up with all the bananas though.

Good lactation, awesome staff, confy mattress, interesting atmosphere. Definitely going to stay again!!

• 14th Nov 2014