Banana's Adventure Reviews

Calle Angela de Perotti s/n, Huacachina, Peru

Amazing time spent at bananas wish I could have stayed longer!!

His place is really cool! A small tropical oasis in the desert with a nice pool good food and a great place to meet chill people.

One if my favourite hostels I've ever stayed in! You immediately feel at home as soon as you walk through the front door. The staff are very friendly, the bar is great and food good. The atmosphere is very relaxed and you feel like you're in a beach resort. Beware, it's tempting to stay an extra unplanned day here!

Excellent place! Everything clean, wifi everywhere and the staff are really nice and helpfull. Although threre is a very nice bar and resturant that make the place eally awesome! I also did the sandboarding and paracas from the hostel in it was great! Very very recommended!!

This hostel is wonderful! We came to celebrate my partners birthday. I mentioned it the staff and they gave him a cake iced with his name, sang to us and gave us a drink. The luxury rooms are particulary nice, like posh hotel rooms. The atmosphere is very friendly and relaxed. We booked all inclusive - with breakfast and tours (which were good). However you could book just the room and choose your own breakfast for a similar cost. I really recommend this place! The food is excellent too.

We were kept up all night every night by an outdoor club right opposite which we were not warned about. This was followed one night by horrific street fights right outside our window. For what we paid for the room, this is completely unacceptable, and ruined our trip.

• 11th Sep 2015

Great hostel with a great staff! It was very fun and the food was also good.

• 10th Sep 2015

I had the best time ever at Banana's Adventure! The staff were all very friendly and extremely helpful with everything. I loved that the activities with the winery and sandboarding were included - it made everything so very convenient and a great value! The food at the hostel itself was delicious and a great price, and they had some very nice showers/bathrooms. I would definitely recommend this hostel! Only downside was that each room (I booked a standard) only had one outlet.

Not always warm water, Not cheap

The hostel has a nice outdoor common area with pool, bar, and comfy seats. The food is good. The dorms aren't that nice though. I stayed in a 4 bed dorm and it was tiny and didn't lock. It also only had 1 power point. There was a window into the bathroom so the light and noise shined in all night. There are a few lockers in the common area but they were full and the luggage storage is just out in the open. It was great for 1 night but I would not want to stay longer. Book a private rooom.

I rented a 'professional' snowboard for sandboarding, it had a crack at one end of the board. Thus even with wax I used to slow down going down the slopes, the regular boards were way faster at no extra cost. When I told the fella at reception (looking for a refund) he looked at me as if he had no English, even though he was fluent. No way was he going to give me a refund....very bad service

Despite everything been a bit cramped in the room and pool layout, the place is beautiful and there is plenty of room at the back of the bar to seat and chill! The bathrooms, especially the new one, were great and luxurious for this type of accommodation. the breakfast omelette was really nice too... and staff were keen to help at any time and ready with a smile

My partner and I stayed 3nights in a double room and loved the place. Only recommendation is to get the ensuite room much better than the other double rooms with out ensuite. We did 2 days on the dune buggies because it was so much fun, one day with banana which was a slow drive and another with a different company which was out of this world fast and so much fun. The food and atmosphere in bananas is 5star. Other people would come to bananas just for the food and hang around.

I got locked out for 30 minutes at 11.30pm! I had to knock and shout for someone to let me in for a half hour, not a good situation for a solo female traveller! Also the lockers were outside rather than in the bedroom and storage was at the side of the garden where anyone could have taken your stuff! Other than this the hostel had a good atmosphere and comfy bed!

Really comfy beds! The breakfast was your typical hostal spread of eggs, bread, and coffee. The food for order was delicious but quite pricey. My main complaint is that they don't have a kitchen. I prefer to prepare my own dinner when traveling. Also, make sure you have your earplugs. The music from down the road plays late on Friday and Saturday night.

Everything you need! Lovely outside area

Nice hostel, great atmosphere during all day, it's great to hang out with friends, good food and it's not the party hostel (like the one in the front) which is nice but really bad if you want to sleep, so the location is perfect. I loved it but the dorms need more power outlets and another key.

Great hostel for a drink! Pool area is pretty sweet with hammocks and lazy chairs. Pretty noisy at night time so not ideal if you're looking for a big nights sleep. But awesome food just a little pricey. Go the lomo saltado especial!!

Excellent hostel with a lively atmosphere and great trips

This place is just amazing! A pool sourroundes by cosy hammocks and sofas, a chilling atmosphere and music. Delicious food and drinks. Very helpful and friendly staff! Our stay included already a sand buggy tour which was just so much fun! Wish we would have stayed longer.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5