Banana's Adventure Reviews

Calle Angela de Perotti s/n, Huacachina, Peru

Banana's was amazing! Getting the sandbuggying/boarding included is a great idea as you are guaranteed a spot and don't miss out! The staff were especially amazing here, we stayed 2 nights and knew a lot of them by name. Luis is amazing at helping you organise everything you need, also cooks an amazing BBQ! He was very helpful and lots of fun. Food is great, buggy tour was excellent, pool and social areas were plentiful and well set out, all in all, great place to stay!

Nice big hostel. Lots of space and very sociable! Although not enough toilets/showers and plug sockets to house that many people. Really enjoyed our stay, especially the dune buggy/sand boarding put on by the hostel!

A good hostel overall just let down by the lack of individual lockable storage in the rooms.

Super cool place, price included sand boarding / buggy car ride. Good bar, very nice staff, pool, hammocks, great view. I'd go back for sure.

We originally thought it was pricy but didn't realize that it included a dune buggy tour! Our room was brand new, newly renovated, modern and clean. The pool and common area outside was very cute. Enjoyed my stay here.

Such a great review! We are beyond pleased to hear you had a wonderful time in our hostel! and in our brand-new rooms!

Good breakfast (eggs, fresh juice, bread, and coffee tea), fun activities, decent room, and nice bathroom with hot shower (but there's usually a line for the nice one). Overall, the place had a good vibe but all the common areas (including eating area) are outside so it's cold in the morning and at night. Also, if you stay more than 2 nights then, try to negotiate the price since there's only 2 main activities to choose from.

Had a great time at the hostel. The environment is welcoming, the food made at the bar is pretty good, and the inclusive prices for the sand dunes and wine tours make this place worth the stay.

We had a great time. The sandbuggytour was a real adventure. I would really recommend this place to anyone.

• 14th Jul 2014

Great hostel, but if you stayed elsewhere and booked activities through them it would be cheaper. Burgers from the bar are nice.

I loved my stay, I had an upstairs dorm which was clean and modern. Would definitly recommend.

AMAZING - their dune buggying ride makes this the easiest way to experience the Huacachina sand dunes without missing any of the action.

About the best bet you'll find in Huacachina, where the hostels are limited. The price is expensive compared to the others but includes a tour (sand buggy, wine tour, or buffet BBQ) so when you compare it to cheaper places keep this in mind. My friend, trying to save money, booked at a cheaper place but once he booked the sand buggy tour (which is a must) it was exactly the same price in the end. Great place...clean rooms, bar, swimming pool, hot showers, wifi. Can't ask for more!

Thank you for your review! It is great to hear previous guests say such wonderful things about their stay with us and our hostel! Note that our packages were made to help low-budget backpackers make the best out of their trip!

Really beautiful and clean hostel.Would stay here again, it's like in paradise. Nice area for realixing, hot water, swimming-pool and really good food from their restaurant. We booked the Sandboarding Tour with them and it was amazing, much fun and good buggys.

If I had to do it again, I'd book a cheaper hostel and book my own activities. Drinks at the bar are expensive. But what bothered me most was that I got about 25 bed bug bites there and when I let one of the staff know so they could do something about it, they weren't concerned at all.

Thank you for your review. We have never heard complaints from other guests about bed bugs in our hostel. We checked the rooms and bedding and did not find any evidence (the bug bites may not serve as such as it could have happened elsewhere)Remember that bed bugs are also found/carried in clothes, hair and luggage.Our staff were not also informed at the time nor did they actually see the bed bugs, otherwise they would have locked the room immediately for fumigation and moved you to another one.

Great bar and loads of places to chill out. Included dune buggy and sandboarding, which was excellent. The wine tour was very short.

It was an overall enjoyable stay, the complimentary BBQ was extremely good

We stayed here for 1 night and really enjoyed it. The only space available was the 4 bed dorm in the more superior building and it was amazing! Clean, great shower. The food in bananas is really good and thy do a BBQ every night for really good value. The staff are really helpful and friendly and there was a great atmosphere.

My roommate told me she saw that the cleaning lady didn't replace bedding, she just folded the used one again. That's pretty gross. The tours which are included in the price are wonderful and the staff is very helpful. There's only few lockers, I couldn't put my luggage there for my whole stay. Only 3 wall sockets for a 4 people bungalow which rarely work with European plugs. Food is very expensive, but not very good.

The price per night includes one activity. Don't know if this is a good deal or not. Only one working shower but otherwise a really nice place!

The only negative thing I have to say is that it was quite noisy at night as in the bar was right outside my dorm.