Banana's Adventure Reviews

Calle Angela de Perotti s/n, Huacachina, Peru

The rooms were not very sounds proof and there was bar down he street that as blasting music way too loud until 6am. Sometimes the staff didnt seem very happy to be serving me.

• 18th Jul 2015

I cannot recommend this place enough! Food excellent, really chilled out atmosphere and clean. Wifis good. Also, my boyfriend ended up having to go to hospital when we were here. Everyone was so incredibly lovely and helpful. They sent a guardian angel with us to translate, she drove so gently and brought us to the chemist and ATM after. They set up a table in our room so he could eat something. So helpful and friendly!!

Thank you for your great review! We are always happy to help our guests in every situation! We are glad that you had an excellent stay with us!

Great atmosphere and great music. The food was really delicious and not over priced. The dune bugging and sand boarding was lots of fun and well organised - we didn't have to do anything.. Reception just booked us a time and we confirmed .. Too easy

• 11th Jul 2015

Really good hostel in terms of atmosphere and with the dune buggying and sand boarding included with a decent restaurant meant a good stay. The security however isn't too good as everyone just leaves their bags in an open area anyone could take your bag

Stayed for 2 nights so glad we decided to stay here great facilities, great atmosphere , staff were extremely helpful. I recommend sandboarding and the buggy ride so so so much fun!

Very good and cheap food The hostel is party enough during the day and evening but the music stops early enough (9-10) to have a good night sleep Nice chilling areas

• 6th Jul 2015

Fun atmosphere, great value including the insane buggy and boarding. Nice egg breakfast

Great place with an excellent atmosphere. Met a bunch of people from all over the world. Definitely exceeded my expectations. I can't imagine staying anywhere else. The sandboarding was an amazing time, too. Highly recommend this place.

• 3rd Jul 2015

hostel with great atmosphere if you are passing through Ica. sandboarding probably fun, but we did the wine and pisco tasting tour which was totall bogus. our driver/guide tried to cut it short by skipping the second location, and he would just drop us off and go talk to his friends, leaving us stranded without knowing where to go. Good pisco through

We found Bananas hostel okay. We booked a five bed dorm and got put in a tiny six bed dorm. The location is good.

The best chicken wings ever! Great atmosphere, clean and good breakfast

Great pace to say and really good food. Get the wings! However if booking a follow-on tour to Nasca be wary of the guy in the Nasca hostel ( Loki's Hostel - you go here as part of the trip) the guy is dodgy.

Great stay! Would stay again!

• 21st Jun 2015

DO NOT BOOK THIS HOSTEL VIA HOSTELWORLD! We booked and paid a large deposit online via Hostelworld. When we arrived, we were advised the deposit is not deducted from total when paying for accom.. claiming that Hostelworld takes the full amount.. this is absolute rubbish! We were forced to pay the full amount. Also the writing about 29PEN rooms... that isn't true either. Apart from that, a clean hostel, breakfast ok, sand boarding was great, but you can find cheaper options.

️Super clean and new room where I stayed. The food was good and atmosphere was chill. I wear earplugs but could still hear the music bumping but was so tired I didn't care.

• 19th Jun 2015

Fun hostel with good food (little pricy), nice swimming pool and good vibe. We had a very beautiful room. One big downside: the hostel staff lied to us and came up with excuses that a specific winery we wanted to visit was closed, they didn't offer English tours etc. so we would join the hostel's wine/pisco tour. We luckily saw through these lies (had the winery's website open) and managed to visit it after all. I don't appreciate being deceived! It definitely made us like the hostel less..

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed Bananas! We always ensure all of our guests receive accurate information at reception. As you were informed, on certain days of the week, some wineries are closed or full and only some of them provide an English-speaking tour guide (we call to make sure there is always one available at each place). Also, note that, due to the distance, tours by taxi are usually more expensive than guided group tours. We hope this information clarifies the misunderstanding.

Staff messed up our booking. Really annoying, but the hostel was nice. Showers were great!

I enjoyed my stay at Banana adventure the buggie and sand boardingwas cool. The breakfast is good. irritating elements : only one electric plug in my bedroom #5 in the corner of one bed so it is impossible to use without jumping over the person in the bed... lockers located outside of he rooms. Not much electric plugs. music until I don't remember what time so make sure you have earplugs :). The restaurant has excellent food but I got sick after eating there so order cooked food only to be safe

All was great except we got the room right by the bathroom and could hear everything that went on. Also the ad on here is a bit untrue. If you just book a dorm through hostelworld the tours and breakfast is NOT INCLUDED. Besides that great hostel

We are beyond pleased to hear that you had a very enjoyable stay with us! As stated in the brief introduction, the US$9.66 dorm beds do not include breakfast and/or activity (special online price). However, those rooms and beds starting at US$28.76 do include american breakfast + one activity of your choice. We hope this clarifies our special pricing. Thank you for choosing us!

The sandboarding package is well worth the money. If you do samdboard, try and ride the dune buggy with Driver Julio! He makes sure you have a fun ride!

• 11th Jun 2015