Banana's Adventure Reviews

Calle Angela de Perotti s/n, Huacachina, Peru

Lovely hostel in a fantastic setting. Friendly staff. Really nice food. Great value with the sand boarding included in the price for a room. Nice little pool and outdoor area to relax in (including hammocks).

Thank you for your review! We are really happy to hear you had a very enjoyable stay with us!

I was VERY sick here and didn't really get to use the amenities the way I normally would have - but the place had great ambience. The guy at the hostel arranged for me to get to the hospital - he even wrote a note in Spanish with my symptoms to help me out! Very comforting in a time when I really needed help. The breakfast was great (a smoothie too!), the wifi was good. The only reason why we moved was b/c we found a cheaper place down the street to be until I was well enough to travel!

Nice social hostel. Quite expensive for peru, but everywhere in Huacachina is. Sand boarding included and a lot of fun. Food from the hostel kitchen is really great.

The hostel has a great atmosphere with a patio with a pool and a bar where you can have breakfast, lunch or dinner. The back of the place is just in front of the lagoon. They organized the boogie-sandboarding tour and the flight over the Nasca lines. Be aware, the boogie-sandboarding is really fun but no one tells how to use the board, so don't expect a technical class. Just for 1 or 2 days. The only bad thing is that there were mosquitos in our room and we could hardly sleep.

Arriving they already tried to sell me eveeything they got, from buggie tours to a bbq in the night. I didnt want to buy the bbq, so they asked like 300 more times hoping i would change my mind, which was quiet annoying. They should spend some more money on lights in the bathrooms, because after 8 you can barely see what you're actually doing. But all in all its a nice place to stay.

Bananas is generally a nice hostel with a great bar man. However, when we arrived at 8pm they had double booked us and told us they would out us in the hostel across the road that had awful facilities an was a club until 5am. When we asked for some compensation for our troubles, they didn't understand why this was necessary and claimed that we were already paying a good price for the package. We eventually gave up arguing and had an awful night at the hostel that we didn't even book with.

Great atmosphere and they serve good food and fruit juices at the bar. The staff in the bar was great! Nice pool and really nice bathrooms. The receptionist was a bit confused. He asked me like 15 times if I stayed at the hostel and what my name was, even if it was just 1 minute since last time he asked. The 4-bed dorm has security lockers out in the common area and not in the room. Overall it's a really good hostel and it's easy to meet people here.

Great great great! Yummy food too!

People recommended us bananaadventure, so we had high expectations and where quite disappointed in the end. The place is nice but way to crowed. There are so many people that is hard to find a place to sit. Our four bed dorm was the tiniest dorm room I've ever seen. The tour which was included in the price was good, but very short for the amount of money you pay. The person at the reception wasnt really friendly or helpful. The rest of the staff was really nice though.

• 10th Jan 2015

Thank you for your review. Remember that we offer different accommodation options to suit every pocket and therefore, room types may vary accordingly. Note that there is plenty of relaxation areas in the back of our hostel, with hammocks, natural Banana plants, palm trees and a nice front view of the Huacachina lagoon. We are also glad to hear you enjoyed our Dune Buggy trip and sand boarding which were included in the special package you booked!

It was a great stay. The buggy trip was amazing and só much fun! Barbecue is also a great surprise. When everywhere was só quiet in huacachina the hostel was busy and with great atmosfere. Would definetly recommend it.

Thank you for your review! We are beyond pleased to hear you had a great time at our hostel, sharing a BBQ night with us and our guests and going sand boarding with our Dune Buggy drivers!

We had a private room which was nice, the pool was awesome to chill around! But the wifi was poor, and the bar staff were pretty rude! You get a included dune buggy tour or winery tour in the price of your room...

Can't beat the location. Price includes decent breakfast and one activity(wine tour, dune buggy/sand boarding, or BBQ dinner). Sandboarding was awesome and I highly recommend it. Wine tour wasn't so great. It was interesting to learn about Pisco, but the other stuff was pretty boring and it took a long time. We skipped the BBQ and we're glad because other guests said the food was fine but there want enough and certainly not "all you can eat".

You book the night in combination with a sandbosrding tour. Quite expensive but worth it. Atmosphere is really nice and relaxed. Nice pool and good breakfast. The food is too expensive though..

This hostel was exactly what I was looking for. Somewhere to just chill out and have a relaxed time. The layout with the hammocks and sofa's were great. The sand boarding was a lot of fun and the staff were friendly and helpful. The food available at the bar was nice as well and the pool was a plus! The only bad note was that there was no wifi in the rooms and it wasn't the best of wifi's either.

Really nice hostel. Clean rooms, good pool, excellent food & drink and good atmosphere at night. Will organise dune buggying for you from hostel.

A magical little gem in the oasis. Chill spot with amazing food and drinks! The staff is super friendly and fun. The rooms and bathrooms are clean. Excellent place.

Good facilities, like a mini resort with pool, bar, and seating. The pool and bar area is a nice feature for meeting and socializing, but the bar closes fairly early. The food is excellent - some of the best in the area.

BBQ party for 35 soles. Overpriced for its quality. They didnt prepare enough food and cleared dishes quickly. No choice but to have it, cuz no markets around there. I was almost starving to death. Dishes were not replenshed and disappeared soon. Other than that, clean facility and good stay.

Great hostel, will return at some point!

Huacachina attracts the character-building, 20-something, gap-year brat and Banana's is perfect for them. The circular bar sits between the pool and shady seating area, and pumps out music from early to late, so there's always a party vine. If the staff seem slightly despondent sometimes it's probably because they get questions like "is there an afternoon maid service to clean the room", which one guest was genuinely asking when I arrived.

« first « Prev 1 2 3