Banana's Adventure Reviews

Calle Angela de Perotti s/n, Huacachina, Peru

The best chicken wings ever! Great atmosphere, clean and good breakfast

Great pace to say and really good food. Get the wings! However if booking a follow-on tour to Nasca be wary of the guy in the Nasca hostel ( Loki's Hostel - you go here as part of the trip) the guy is dodgy.

️Super clean and new room where I stayed. The food was good and atmosphere was chill. I wear earplugs but could still hear the music bumping but was so tired I didn't care.

• 19th Jun 2015

Staff messed up our booking. Really annoying, but the hostel was nice. Showers were great!

• 13th Jun 2015

I enjoyed my stay at Banana adventure the buggie and sand boardingwas cool. The breakfast is good. irritating elements : only one electric plug in my bedroom #5 in the corner of one bed so it is impossible to use without jumping over the person in the bed... lockers located outside of he rooms. Not much electric plugs. music until I don't remember what time so make sure you have earplugs :). The restaurant has excellent food but I got sick after eating there so order cooked food only to be safe

All was great except we got the room right by the bathroom and could hear everything that went on. Also the ad on here is a bit untrue. If you just book a dorm through hostelworld the tours and breakfast is NOT INCLUDED. Besides that great hostel

We are beyond pleased to hear that you had a very enjoyable stay with us! As stated in the brief introduction, the US$9.66 dorm beds do not include breakfast and/or activity (special online price). However, those rooms and beds starting at US$28.76 do include american breakfast + one activity of your choice. We hope this clarifies our special pricing. Thank you for choosing us!

The sandboarding package is well worth the money. If you do samdboard, try and ride the dune buggy with Driver Julio! He makes sure you have a fun ride!

• 11th Jun 2015

This was a great place to stay, staff and guests alike were very friendly and welcoming. Plus I felt like a local celebrity when everyone heard I had fallen into the pool. Watch your step at night!

• 9th Jun 2015

We are glad to know that you enjoyed our hostel's friendly atmosphere. Please, make sure you don't fall into the lagoon next time, or you'll turn into a mermaid! D: Thank you for choosing us!

I loved the place! Perhaps it was mostly because I met great bunch of people there but it's also newish and everything seems to work. At first it seems pricey but it includes the sandbording/boogie ride which is so much fun. Breakfast is decent and the BBQ they do in the evening was great too.

The bathrooms need more toilet paper, most of the time when I went the roll was all out. Although I felt safe, it might also be a good idea to have a locked room for bags instead of just a general area for them to be dumped.

Just an over all good hostel. Had a little resort style set up.

Awesome chill staff. Very fun dune buggying although if you are not a thrill seeker, maybe think twice. Our buggy driver had no fear and went down all of the steepest dunes. My neighbor lost his phone immediately bc of the rough ride so if you do plan to dunebuggy leave all valuables behind. Great vibe, awwsome bar and kitchen. I want this place to be my home!

A very chilled out hostel, lockers available for small things, lots of hammocks and sofas to chill out in. Showers were always hot. The sand boarding and dune buggying option was really good. food and drinks are very overpriced which is disappointing. Bedrooms were spacious. Breakfast is skimpy if you take it first thing in the morning but seems to improve later on in the morning- not ideal if you have to catch an early bus

I booked a one night stay with a dune buggy ride included in the price. I arrived at 2:55PM for a ride scheduled at 4:00PM only to learn that it had been moved up to 3:00. I had 5 minutes to check in and scramble to find the corre clothing and sunblock. The ride, advertised as 2 hours, only lasted 1 hour and 20 minutes. Overall the afternoon was a bit of a disappointment. However, Bananas has great food, a great atmosphere, and pretty decent beds. The staff are helpful and most speak English.

• 29th May 2015

Over all it was a great hostel! However, the rooms were VERY small (just 4 beds, no room for backpacks) and they only had one key. So if you were sharing a room with others (like i was), and they had the key, you could never lock or unlock your room. It was very annoying. The food options were delicious and they had many washrooms which was a plus! I recommand this hostel!

• 27th May 2015

Everyone advised me to stay at bananas because, although it was expensive at 80soles, it included an 'American breakfast' and the sandboarding activity, which is true however breakfast was not great and when we asked for solo agua calientes to make our own tea we'd bougt we were charged 4 soles! The kitchen and bar staff were particularly moody but I suspect they were just tired. The pool is nice but doesn't get the sun so is cold. There's plenty of other options in Huancachina.

Room was extremely clean and spacious.The bathroom inside pretty fancy and good pressure of water. I was very pleased with it. Totally worth the price compared to other options in the area. Environment was really good. Met a few backpackers and the spaces to share a drink or food where comfortable. Food from the kitchen is also very good. Tasty with a lot of options to choose from and good portions. Service in bar/rest should be better if more ppl where at attending at rush hour.

Loved staying at Banana's. The only downside was that they don't have very good luggage storage if you arrive before check-in. They just had us sit our bags in the courtyard and there was no one assigned to watching them. The dunebuggying/sand-boarding tour included was FANTASTIC. Also, we had the BBQ one night and it was excellent -- some of the best food I had in Peru.

everything was so amazing, food was so great and room was CLEAN. felt so at home. just do not get into unmarked cabs. even if reception says it is okay. you will get your things stolen like we did.

• 19th May 2015

Awesome poolside hangout! Really good desserts at the bar, and pretty cool tour included in your room fee. Could have had more activities to make the place a big more happening and it was quite expensive (but worth it in my opinion.)

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4