Banana's Adventure Reviews

Calle Angela de Perotti s/n, Huacachina, Peru

This was a great place to stay, staff and guests alike were very friendly and welcoming. Plus I felt like a local celebrity when everyone heard I had fallen into the pool. Watch your step at night!

• 9th Jun 2015

We are glad to know that you enjoyed our hostel's friendly atmosphere. Please, make sure you don't fall into the lagoon next time, or you'll turn into a mermaid! D: Thank you for choosing us!

I loved the place! Perhaps it was mostly because I met great bunch of people there but it's also newish and everything seems to work. At first it seems pricey but it includes the sandbording/boogie ride which is so much fun. Breakfast is decent and the BBQ they do in the evening was great too.

The bathrooms need more toilet paper, most of the time when I went the roll was all out. Although I felt safe, it might also be a good idea to have a locked room for bags instead of just a general area for them to be dumped.

Just an over all good hostel. Had a little resort style set up.

Awesome chill staff. Very fun dune buggying although if you are not a thrill seeker, maybe think twice. Our buggy driver had no fear and went down all of the steepest dunes. My neighbor lost his phone immediately bc of the rough ride so if you do plan to dunebuggy leave all valuables behind. Great vibe, awwsome bar and kitchen. I want this place to be my home!

A very chilled out hostel, lockers available for small things, lots of hammocks and sofas to chill out in. Showers were always hot. The sand boarding and dune buggying option was really good. food and drinks are very overpriced which is disappointing. Bedrooms were spacious. Breakfast is skimpy if you take it first thing in the morning but seems to improve later on in the morning- not ideal if you have to catch an early bus

I booked a one night stay with a dune buggy ride included in the price. I arrived at 2:55PM for a ride scheduled at 4:00PM only to learn that it had been moved up to 3:00. I had 5 minutes to check in and scramble to find the corre clothing and sunblock. The ride, advertised as 2 hours, only lasted 1 hour and 20 minutes. Overall the afternoon was a bit of a disappointment. However, Bananas has great food, a great atmosphere, and pretty decent beds. The staff are helpful and most speak English.

• 29th May 2015

Over all it was a great hostel! However, the rooms were VERY small (just 4 beds, no room for backpacks) and they only had one key. So if you were sharing a room with others (like i was), and they had the key, you could never lock or unlock your room. It was very annoying. The food options were delicious and they had many washrooms which was a plus! I recommand this hostel!

• 27th May 2015

Everyone advised me to stay at bananas because, although it was expensive at 80soles, it included an 'American breakfast' and the sandboarding activity, which is true however breakfast was not great and when we asked for solo agua calientes to make our own tea we'd bougt we were charged 4 soles! The kitchen and bar staff were particularly moody but I suspect they were just tired. The pool is nice but doesn't get the sun so is cold. There's plenty of other options in Huancachina.

Room was extremely clean and spacious.The bathroom inside pretty fancy and good pressure of water. I was very pleased with it. Totally worth the price compared to other options in the area. Environment was really good. Met a few backpackers and the spaces to share a drink or food where comfortable. Food from the kitchen is also very good. Tasty with a lot of options to choose from and good portions. Service in bar/rest should be better if more ppl where at attending at rush hour.

Loved staying at Banana's. The only downside was that they don't have very good luggage storage if you arrive before check-in. They just had us sit our bags in the courtyard and there was no one assigned to watching them. The dunebuggying/sand-boarding tour included was FANTASTIC. Also, we had the BBQ one night and it was excellent -- some of the best food I had in Peru.

everything was so amazing, food was so great and room was CLEAN. felt so at home. just do not get into unmarked cabs. even if reception says it is okay. you will get your things stolen like we did.

• 19th May 2015

Awesome poolside hangout! Really good desserts at the bar, and pretty cool tour included in your room fee. Could have had more activities to make the place a big more happening and it was quite expensive (but worth it in my opinion.)

This Hostel is amazing. The staff are nice. The restaurant is good and cheap if you compare with the restaurants of the place. The only bad thing is the party ends until 6am at the street, and you can't sleep very well. But if you are a party person, who likes fun and meet young people. This is the place.

Awesome hostel! Super fun, dune buggy/ boarding was awesome and BBQ was great value. Rolly the bartender was great and played awesome tunes and the other lady who served breakfast was so sweet. Rooms super cute and comfortable. Worth a 10 hour round trip to visit!!!

We are very happy to hear that you had a great time with us! Thank you!

Our stay at bananas came with no issues whatsoever. Food was tasty, bbq they offered was delicious, the included wine tour and dune buggy/sand boarding were two of the most enjoyable activities we have done whilst travelling. The pool was a welcome bonus, the hostel was clean, had a tropical feeling to it and was a perfect location right next to the oasis. The staff were more than helpful and the lady working behind the bar was one of the nicest people we have met. This is a must stay hostel!

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a great review! We are delighted to hear that your stay with us was impeccable! Thank you!

Staff very rude. Don't stay here.

Good central location with a nice pool area to chill around.

We are very pleased to hear that you had a relaxing time at our hostel! Thank you for your review!

Great hostel the food is amazing and the environment Is great

I was very impressed with Banana's Adventure - such a cute place to spend your time in Huacachina. The vibe is actually very relaxed and friendly. I thought this place was a party hostel but the bar shuts down at 10:30 so you can get some sleep. Beds were comfortable, staff was really friendly and helpful. The activities were great fun. Only issue was our shower was either freezing or really hot, otherwise an awesome place to stay! The food is great too - get the Doritos and guac!