Banana's Adventure Reviews

Calle Angela de Perotti s/n, Huacachina, Peru

Nice staff, nice breakfast, hot showers, great swimming pool !

Great hostel, really fun atmosphere! the pool was amazing, a bit pricey but it included the sandboarding trip which was amazing! Breakfast was good, typical of peru, bread roll, jam and eggs.

Great pool! Decent bar food too. Sure it's pricey but the pool was worth it compared to the other hostels nearby.

Really cool hostel. pool and common area are great for chilling out. the dorm was clean and comfortable. the food in the bar was good as well... only issue was that the drinks in the bar were expensive. one of the bathrooms is fantastic and one is really poor. wifi was also decent.

They organize lots of activities

Ideal place to stay in Huacachina... They set up really fun sand dune tours at a good price, have a good restaurant, lots of outdoor space to hang or with chairs and hammocks. Nice clean showers and bathrooms. Comfortable beds and clean sheets. cons: No shared kitchen. There's no ATM in Huacachina and despite their email saying we could pay by card, their card machine doesn't work. They accept dollars, but only give you a 2.8 rate when the current rate was 3.09.

Great food and amazing location. Beautiful hostel with amazing showers. The owner is so lovely as well! We booked the room and activity deal which worked out really reasonable.

We had a deluxe double room ensuite bathroom and it was the best room we has in Peru. It is worth spending the extra for this nice room or even a double with shared bathroom. The staff was awsome and the kitchen lis excellent. The Pool and deckchairs are clean. Highly recommend the Pisco Sour, Guacamole and of course the fabtastic sanddune tour!!! We loved this hostel!!

Thank you for your great review! We are beyond pleased to hear you had a very enjoyable stay with us!

We had a great time at Banana's Adventure! A wine tour and a dune buggy tour were included in our reservation! The showers were cold but other than that, no complaints!

quite expensive but it includes breakfast and one activity of your choice. i recommend dune buggy and sand boarding ofc ;)

Thank you for your review! As you said, our special package includes the first night's accommodation + 1 activity of your choice + american breakfast. It is really good deal! Our dune buggy tour w/ sand boarding, conducted by experienced, professional drivers, is a must for all adrenaline lovers!

The guy working on reception when we checked in was rude and unhelpful. This was not the case for the rest of the staff though as everyone else was quite friendly.

i really really like this hostel, the pool is great! , its sooo clean and perfect for the hot weather, the hammocks made everything better , the bar / restaurant in the middle of the hostel its lovely, and affordable, my bf had a thai green curry that was very good and so cheap, the nutella cheese cake its a must to try over there! .... the toilets were always clean!!! the showers were power !! ..... also we enjoyed playing with the pets ! ( 2 doggies and 2 kittens ) ! great time over there!

• 27th Feb 2015
  • Peru

Really clean. Brilliant bathrooms and showers. Comfortable beds. Friendly staff.

I didn't expect much from this hostel after seeing some reviews but it was actually great! Good wifi, good atmosphere, plenty of places to sit and chill and right by the lake. I paid for the package with sandboarding which was great fun and despite a comment I saw the guide was good and explained what to do! The 4 bed dorm had enough space and breakfast is the bread, eggs and fruit juice. A very good option!

Lovely hostel in a fantastic setting. Friendly staff. Really nice food. Great value with the sand boarding included in the price for a room. Nice little pool and outdoor area to relax in (including hammocks).

Thank you for your review! We are really happy to hear you had a very enjoyable stay with us!

I was VERY sick here and didn't really get to use the amenities the way I normally would have - but the place had great ambience. The guy at the hostel arranged for me to get to the hospital - he even wrote a note in Spanish with my symptoms to help me out! Very comforting in a time when I really needed help. The breakfast was great (a smoothie too!), the wifi was good. The only reason why we moved was b/c we found a cheaper place down the street to be until I was well enough to travel!

Nice social hostel. Quite expensive for peru, but everywhere in Huacachina is. Sand boarding included and a lot of fun. Food from the hostel kitchen is really great.

I found the hostel pretty expensive for what it has to offer: if you just wanna spend the night, you'll have to pay 30 soles without any breakfast. The food available in the hostel is pretty good but again, expensive. However the swimming pool is really cool and you'll find a lot of hammocks to chill out. But don't even think about buying your own food: no kitchen, no fridge. You'll also have the hardest time to find somewhere to charge your electronic stuff or to connect to the terrible wifi.

The hostel has a great atmosphere with a patio with a pool and a bar where you can have breakfast, lunch or dinner. The back of the place is just in front of the lagoon. They organized the boogie-sandboarding tour and the flight over the Nasca lines. Be aware, the boogie-sandboarding is really fun but no one tells how to use the board, so don't expect a technical class. Just for 1 or 2 days. The only bad thing is that there were mosquitos in our room and we could hardly sleep.

Arriving they already tried to sell me eveeything they got, from buggie tours to a bbq in the night. I didnt want to buy the bbq, so they asked like 300 more times hoping i would change my mind, which was quiet annoying. They should spend some more money on lights in the bathrooms, because after 8 you can barely see what you're actually doing. But all in all its a nice place to stay.