Banana's Adventure Reviews

Calle Angela de Perotti s/n, Huacachina, Peru

It is a good hostel. However, the buggie driver is very rude with the tourists

Great atmosphere to just chill out for the day. Activities are great fun and included in the stay. If you stay two nights, definitely do the Pisco/Wine Tasting tour (the least popular choice to the feast and the dunebuggying which is a must).

Staff is soooo friendly! They have good food, bbq, music and drinks! Chairs and sofas to rest, and The pool is the best with such hot temperature. We did tour with them - buggy&sandboard, and Mr Julio was great!!!

The hostel itself is nice. There's a pool and a bar where you can order drinks and food. The rooms though are tiny! I was in a 4 bed dorm with bunk beds and there was barely enough room for one person to fit in the aisle between the bunk beds. There was also only one outlet I was able to find in the entire room. There aren't any lockers except for small ones outside, by the pool/bar area, which are maybe 4"x4". I had hot water, though I heard from others that they didn't.

Food is pricey and doesn't taste nearly as good as it sounds on the menu. Also the wifi is awful. But met some nice people.

Amazing time spent at bananas wish I could have stayed longer!!

His place is really cool! A small tropical oasis in the desert with a nice pool good food and a great place to meet chill people.

One if my favourite hostels I've ever stayed in! You immediately feel at home as soon as you walk through the front door. The staff are very friendly, the bar is great and food good. The atmosphere is very relaxed and you feel like you're in a beach resort. Beware, it's tempting to stay an extra unplanned day here!

This is the hostel you want to choose. Clean with nice facilities: although the pool is small is a bonus on a hot day. The staff is very friendly. It was quite during my stay but I bet is the right place to socialize and meet other fellow travellers. Food is OK. I wish I had the time to stay one more day.

Excellent place! Everything clean, wifi everywhere and the staff are really nice and helpfull. Although threre is a very nice bar and resturant that make the place eally awesome! I also did the sandboarding and paracas from the hostel in it was great! Very very recommended!!

One of the best hostel in Perù! Great place and atmosphere, super staff. Pass by you won't regret it!

This hostel is wonderful! We came to celebrate my partners birthday. I mentioned it the staff and they gave him a cake iced with his name, sang to us and gave us a drink. The luxury rooms are particulary nice, like posh hotel rooms. The atmosphere is very friendly and relaxed. We booked all inclusive - with breakfast and tours (which were good). However you could book just the room and choose your own breakfast for a similar cost. I really recommend this place! The food is excellent too.

We really enjoyed our stay at Banana's although even with the included activity it was more expensive than some of the other Huacachina options. Having said that, it had plenty of good facilities; lots of outside shaded seating areas, a small swimming pool, a restaurant and bar and options to do activities with them. Breakfast was made fresh to order and the restaurant food was a good price for the high quality. The staff in general spoke good English and were friendly.

We were kept up all night every night by an outdoor club right opposite which we were not warned about. This was followed one night by horrific street fights right outside our window. For what we paid for the room, this is completely unacceptable, and ruined our trip.

• 11th Sep 2015

Great hostel with a great staff! It was very fun and the food was also good.

• 10th Sep 2015

I had the best time ever at Banana's Adventure! The staff were all very friendly and extremely helpful with everything. I loved that the activities with the winery and sandboarding were included - it made everything so very convenient and a great value! The food at the hostel itself was delicious and a great price, and they had some very nice showers/bathrooms. I would definitely recommend this hostel! Only downside was that each room (I booked a standard) only had one outlet.

Not always warm water, Not cheap

The hostel has a nice outdoor common area with pool, bar, and comfy seats. The food is good. The dorms aren't that nice though. I stayed in a 4 bed dorm and it was tiny and didn't lock. It also only had 1 power point. There was a window into the bathroom so the light and noise shined in all night. There are a few lockers in the common area but they were full and the luggage storage is just out in the open. It was great for 1 night but I would not want to stay longer. Book a private rooom.

I rented a 'professional' snowboard for sandboarding, it had a crack at one end of the board. Thus even with wax I used to slow down going down the slopes, the regular boards were way faster at no extra cost. When I told the fella at reception (looking for a refund) he looked at me as if he had no English, even though he was fluent. No way was he going to give me a refund....very bad service

Despite everything been a bit cramped in the room and pool layout, the place is beautiful and there is plenty of room at the back of the bar to seat and chill! The bathrooms, especially the new one, were great and luxurious for this type of accommodation. the breakfast omelette was really nice too... and staff were keen to help at any time and ready with a smile