Banana's Adventure Reviews

Calle Angela de Perotti s/n, Huacachina, Peru

A really cool hostel with good atmosphere. I stayed for one night which included a tour at a reasonable price.

Thank you for choosing Bananas! We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the friendly and social atmosphere of our hostel!

Staff are Awesome, generally clean, Great Place to Stay & Would go back!

Good hostel, decent laid back atmosphere and it has a pool.Worth the extra money for the deluxe room which is best hostel room i have stayed in. Food is not the cheapest but is good. Dune buggy tour with sand boarding is fun.

Awesome!!!

Really nice location right in Huacachina. Dune buggying and sandboarding right from the hostel was convenient and fun. Cool that the hostel has a pool, lots of people - good atmosphere.

Cool little hostel. They try to really rip off the people staying only one night with the bbq which is not worth the money. But atleast they smile while doing it

The staff made this hostel for us and they were such a credit to the Peruvian people - they seemed to go over and above and worked incredibly hard. The taxi driver outside of Banana's showed such kindness when he drove my ill boyfriend to the doctors and waited for an hour there helping us translate. Great food, chilled atmosphere. Warm showers and comfortable beds. Definitely recommend the buggy tours too!

Such a relaxing safe place with awesome trips included and banging food!

Free sand boarding is awesome! Pool is refreshing, bathrooms and room was very clean. Only down side no large locking storage for hiking packs.

I loved the hostel. The restaurant was great and it had a lot of relaxing hammocks, couches etc.. However the only problem I found was that some of the mixed dorm rooms are right in the middle of where everyone hangs out at night and it got really loud. There was no curfew enforced to keep some of the rowdy backpackers quiet.

• 26th Nov 2015

Best hostel in Huacachina, we got one of the rooms in the multi-story mainbuilding which was very nice, don' t know how dorms and other rooms are like. The sandbuggy Tour includes was also really cool.

Great hostel with super fun buggie/sand boarding tour. The Nazca line tour they arranged for us was great and reasonably priced. The only complain was that some guests stayed out late and were talking loudly.

-more than one key per room as it gets frustrating going back and forth to reception or finding roommates who have the key -more 'pretty' bathrooms like the one under the fancier dorms. The other ones are in pretty bad shape! -well done on providing soap though!

Great place right in the middle of the desert oasis, it has great food and breakfast is included. It is some of the best food that we had in Peru! and a lovely pool. They also organise all the tours for you. We stayed in a 4 bed room with a private bathroom that was very modern and stylish.

Really enjoyed our stay here, but found when we wanted to book another night without the adventure package the dorm rooms were outrageously expensive, okay if your on a short holiday but for long term backpacking it was too much. Food in the town in general is very expensive but the chefs do an amazing job and its worth what you pay for! Had an amazing time sandbording and dune bugging staff were amazing! Great vibe at this hostel, just wish we could have afforded to stay there longer

Great place to stop for a night in Huacachina. Didn't love being forced to get their tour in the night's stay. Room didn't have enough lockers for the number of beds, but things were safe enough I wasn't worried. Food and showers were good. Wifi as ok. I'd stay again & recommend it.

It was a very nice stay but the swimming pool wasn't clean at all. It was a pity that the bar closed at 10pm but I understand that! Would definitely recommend this one to someone else if the pool will get cleaned!

Great hostel for doing the sand boarding and chilling for a day. Security needs to be improved though as only 1 key per dorm means they were often left unlocked and anyone could walk in off the streets. Great food and bar area though.

Did not care for the front desk guy, who called me "flaca" when he thought I couldn't hear/understand. (Hint: I am the opposite of flaca.) Bathrooms were decrepit. Including the tour in the price is a ripoff; dune buggying/sand boarding can be done for cheaper and the winery/pisco tour was terrible. "Dorms" are portable sheds around the bar/yard so it is impossible to escape the reggaeton that thumps from breakfast 'til midnight. Huacachina is great for a night but I would stay elsewhere!

Bananas is a great hostel with a wonderful vibe. The garden with places to sit and the pool were absolutely fantastic. The only downside for me was the pricing. The nights including sand buggying are too expensive in my opinion. The other thing is, that we booked a room including breakfast, which is 10s more than a night without breakfast, but the breakfast was poor. Looking back, I'd rather have eaten that 10s sandwich on the menu. If you do something about the including breakfast, you're a 10!