Bananas Hostel Reviews

Rua Pedro Longo, 169, Pituba, Itacare, Brazil

Bananas was closed when I arrived at Itacarè due to refurbishment works and also because a mango tree fell onto the bar one night whilst it was closed. They were helpful and kind to walk me to another hostel which was perfect. Thanks guys. Hope the renovations look fantastic. The percentages are not a reflection of the hostel. I needed to put something in to leave a review.

Loved staying at Bananas! Many people had told me to stay there and I'm glad I did! Peter and Debs are running a great establishment, both so friendly & approachable. Great way 2 meet people & great staff. Kitchen could be improved, perhaps a bit bigger as we liked to cook! But overall, a great time and will recommend!

2nd time back at this hostel, had an amazing time! Staff makes it great, there's always something going on there-- when I was there, this great reggae band came and performed every night in the garden. There's no place like Banana's! Somewhat of a "party hostel", but you can also get rest if you want. Amazing breakfast, best I've had at a hostel. Would definitely come back for a 3rd time if I can make it!

A really good place to meet other travellers. the facilities are somewhat broken (no light in bathroom, toilet didn't flush properly one day) but that didn't matter. the atmosphere in the hostel is very relaxing and staff and guests really nice people. if you go to Itacraé, stay at Bananas!

Would definitely stay here again-- great hostel, good free breakfast, good amount of common area to meet other travelers. And all the staff are marvelous!

Excellent social hostel. Amazing communal areas with hammocks and lots of greenery. Management are fantastic, welcoming and helpful. We had avert relaxing stay and met lots of interesting people. Highly recommend staying at bananas while you are in itacare!

Good hostel for socialising, but facilities weren't great, rooms were hot and loads of stuff broke

• 25th Feb 2015

Hi and thanks for your review. We're glad that you found the hostel good for socialising, but sorry that your room was hot and stuff was broken. We don't have A/C, so when it's really hot outside the rooms can get hot too. We want our guests to be comfortable and happy and are trying to overcome this. We try to maintain our facilities to a good standard. Unfortunately, after a busy high season some things break.We do our best to fix them as quickly as possible and regret any inconvenience caused

This is indeed a terrific hostel; however, it could improve on the wi-fi provided, bar working hours and room cooling.

• 16th Feb 2015

Amazing hostel, such a nice vibe and lovely people! Big garden space with lots of hammocks for chilling out, and lots of socialising spaces in a beautiful jungly vibe garden with lots of trees and plants. Perfet location, close to everything. I had an injury whilst staying here and the owners were so lovely, going out of their way to help me and make me feel comfortable there in my time of need lol really kind people. One of my fav hostels I've been to, definitely recommend.

Hi and thank you for your lovely review! It was such a shame you got an injury so early in your trip! We hope you recovered in time to have an amazing Carnival in Rio! All the best :)