Bananas Hostel Reviews

Rua Pedro Longo, 169, Pituba, Itacare, Brazil

Amazing hostel, such a nice vibe and lovely people! Big garden space with lots of hammocks for chilling out, and lots of socialising spaces in a beautiful jungly vibe garden with lots of trees and plants. Perfet location, close to everything. I had an injury whilst staying here and the owners were so lovely, going out of their way to help me and make me feel comfortable there in my time of need lol really kind people. One of my fav hostels I've been to, definitely recommend.

It's a very relaxed hostel, with a good location and nice staff! Room was way too hot tho, and organization is very chaotic. I only had 1 full day (2 nights), but Itacare is definitely a place to stay for at least 4 nights.

Great hostel, great location, great people. We booked for 4 nights a Bananas and ended up staying for 5. We stayed in a private double room with ensuite which was good value for money and clean, if a little hot. The place had a really relaxed vibe with lots of hammocks and a garden with a bar and happy hour with R$3 caipirinhas. The owners Pete and Debbie were really nice and always so helpful as was everyone working there. A great place and we'll definitely stay again when back in Itacaré

great hostel in a very central position, Bananas is a must. the environment is warm and friendly, Pete the oowner is a great guy and so are all the others that works there. perfect place both to party and relax. huge breakfast. definitely one of the best hostels i'm been to!!

• 22nd Jan 2015

Walking into Bananas is like walking into a home away from home! Booked in for 1 night, ended up staying longer (apparently this is normal!). The place itself is lovely and everyone working there really wants to make you feel welcome. The rooms themselves are fairly basic (luxury compared to some places I've stayed!) but have everything you need. But the real attractions are the garden, communal spaces and relaxing vibe! I loved it so much I am already planning my next trip next summer!

• 29th Nov 2014

I thought that Peter and Debora run one off the best hostels I have stayed in .

• 29th Nov 2014

We really enjoyed our stay at Bananas!! The super cool and friendly staff became like a family to us and we shared a lot of food, wine, time, love and laughter together. Everyone is more than helpful in anything you would need help with or like to know. Great atmosphere with a garden with comfy sofas and a bar where they make 5-star caipiriñas. AMAZING breakfast, thanks Leo!! Will absolutely stay at this place again, many thanks to everyone at Bananas, swedish crazy girls gonna see you again!!