Bananas Hostel Reviews

Rua Pedro Longo, 169, Pituba, Itacare, Brazil

A really good place to meet other travellers. the facilities are somewhat broken (no light in bathroom, toilet didn't flush properly one day) but that didn't matter. the atmosphere in the hostel is very relaxing and staff and guests really nice people. if you go to Itacraé, stay at Bananas!

Would definitely stay here again-- great hostel, good free breakfast, good amount of common area to meet other travelers. And all the staff are marvelous!

Excellent social hostel. Amazing communal areas with hammocks and lots of greenery. Management are fantastic, welcoming and helpful. We had avert relaxing stay and met lots of interesting people. Highly recommend staying at bananas while you are in itacare!

Good hostel for socialising, but facilities weren't great, rooms were hot and loads of stuff broke

• 25th Feb 2015

Hi and thanks for your review. We're glad that you found the hostel good for socialising, but sorry that your room was hot and stuff was broken. We don't have A/C, so when it's really hot outside the rooms can get hot too. We want our guests to be comfortable and happy and are trying to overcome this. We try to maintain our facilities to a good standard. Unfortunately, after a busy high season some things break.We do our best to fix them as quickly as possible and regret any inconvenience caused

This is indeed a terrific hostel; however, it could improve on the wi-fi provided, bar working hours and room cooling.

• 16th Feb 2015

Amazing hostel, such a nice vibe and lovely people! Big garden space with lots of hammocks for chilling out, and lots of socialising spaces in a beautiful jungly vibe garden with lots of trees and plants. Perfet location, close to everything. I had an injury whilst staying here and the owners were so lovely, going out of their way to help me and make me feel comfortable there in my time of need lol really kind people. One of my fav hostels I've been to, definitely recommend.

Hi and thank you for your lovely review! It was such a shame you got an injury so early in your trip! We hope you recovered in time to have an amazing Carnival in Rio! All the best :)

It's a very relaxed hostel, with a good location and nice staff! Room was way too hot tho, and organization is very chaotic. I only had 1 full day (2 nights), but Itacare is definitely a place to stay for at least 4 nights.

Thanks for your review. We apologise for the room being too hot for you and the fact that you found the organization chaotic. There is a dorm that suffers more with heat than others.We're doing all we can to resolve this. Its normally only an issue during the hottest months of the year (Jan & Feb). We're sorry you found it uncomfortable. These are also our busiest months and therefore can be chaotic at times. We try our best to make all guests feel at home and give individual attention to all.

Great hostel, great location, great people. We booked for 4 nights a Bananas and ended up staying for 5. We stayed in a private double room with ensuite which was good value for money and clean, if a little hot. The place had a really relaxed vibe with lots of hammocks and a garden with a bar and happy hour with R$3 caipirinhas. The owners Pete and Debbie were really nice and always so helpful as was everyone working there. A great place and we'll definitely stay again when back in Itacaré

Excellent location! But hostel is dirty! Gross showers! Flies are everywhere! Wouldn't go back!

We are very sorry that you found the hostel to be below your cleanliness standards. We would like to say that the entire hostel is cleaned daily, to what we think is a good standard. All of our communal areas are roofed and outdoors, so, on the few occasions during the year when there are a lot of flies about, there can be flies in those areas. We do everything we can to minimise this. We feel is not representative of how it is always is, and does not mean the hostel is not clean generally.

great hostel in a very central position, Bananas is a must. the environment is warm and friendly, Pete the oowner is a great guy and so are all the others that works there. perfect place both to party and relax. huge breakfast. definitely one of the best hostels i'm been to!!

• 22nd Jan 2015

Walking into Bananas is like walking into a home away from home! Booked in for 1 night, ended up staying longer (apparently this is normal!). The place itself is lovely and everyone working there really wants to make you feel welcome. The rooms themselves are fairly basic (luxury compared to some places I've stayed!) but have everything you need. But the real attractions are the garden, communal spaces and relaxing vibe! I loved it so much I am already planning my next trip next summer!

• 29th Nov 2014

I thought that Peter and Debora run one off the best hostels I have stayed in .

• 29th Nov 2014