Bananas Hostel Reviews

Rua Pedro Longo, 169, Pituba, Itacare, Brazil

Enjoyed our stay here as it was close to beach and also a short walk from bus terminal! Staff were very helpful! Downfalls where kitchen wasn't very clean and very small with little utensils to cook with! And the big problem was bed bugs in the double room due to the beds being wooden apparently! I was bitten really badly and was moved rooms but the fact they know they are there and just spray big spray is not acceptable!

Hi guys it was great having you here . once again sorry about this . we dont just use the spray though after we moved you guys we closed the room and have had the problem dealt with professionally . they are difficult to spot but once we did we have dealt with it . again we are sorry about this situation and will not allow it to happen again . wish you all the best in the future , Dougie (bananas)

One of the best hostels I've stayed in anywhere in the world. The staff are knowledgeable, lots of fun and very keen to show off the beautiful town and beaches. There is a fantastic, social atmosphere around the place with plenty of music and beers around the bar or the pool table. Breakfast is more than generous and very delicious whilst the wifi works very well as well. The rooms are kept clean and tidy and the beds are made every day. Cracking hostel, everyone should stay here

• 3rd Aug 2014

I had a great time there. Everyone should go there. I will definatly go back there. Shakakakah

Good value for private room and location is excellent. The hostel could do with some work and the walls are extremely thin so all noise from adjoining rooms is very very loud. Cold showers 99% of the time

My girlfriend and I had a great time at Bananas. We felt really cozy in the private room, the staff were really friendly and it always felt like coming home from wherever we were.

Nice atmosphere, I liked the fact that they allow some locals that they know to hang out in the hostel. I hated the very basic system of shower that floods the entire bathroom, besides that, the dorms are ok and the outside is great!!!!! I recommend the place.

Very sociable hostel. Lush garden with bar. My room wasn't well ventilated and the bathroom was very basic. I was a bit sad to leave the party behind.

Great place if you want to meet people and party. But the security is quite bad, as they open up the bar in the hostel to people that aren't staying there. The room I stayed in was locked but someone broke in through one of windows and stole my camera which I had left charging. And they also stole money from one other guy who was staying in the room. The staff were very nice and gave me free accomadation to help make up for it.

Nice and friendly staff, chilled atmosphere, clean rooms, one of the best breakfast I had in Brazil! Definitely recommend!

Great people. Great place. Extremely friendly and knowledgable about the area. Always something to do at the hostel, whether you want to have some drinks and head out or if you just want to play some pool or poker in good company.

Best beach hostel in the whole brazil!!

• 5th Mar 2014
  • Portugal

Really speacial hostel!! It has a great atmosphere, great common areas and great staff. I booked for 3 nichts and stayed almost 2 weeks. It´s location is perfect and in the hostel itself, you will hardly get bored, there is always something going on: from jam sessions to boat trips, tai dinner, etc...