Bananas Hostel Reviews

Rua Pedro Longo, 169, Pituba, Itacare, Brazil

My girlfriend and I had a great time at Bananas. We felt really cozy in the private room, the staff were really friendly and it always felt like coming home from wherever we were.

• 24th Jul 2014
  • Israel

Nice atmosphere, I liked the fact that they allow some locals that they know to hang out in the hostel. I hated the very basic system of shower that floods the entire bathroom, besides that, the dorms are ok and the outside is great!!!!! I recommend the place.

Very sociable hostel. Lush garden with bar. My room wasn't well ventilated and the bathroom was very basic. I was a bit sad to leave the party behind.

Great people. Great place. Extremely friendly and knowledgable about the area. Always something to do at the hostel, whether you want to have some drinks and head out or if you just want to play some pool or poker in good company.

Best beach hostel in the whole brazil!!

• 5th Mar 2014
  • Portugal

Really speacial hostel!! It has a great atmosphere, great common areas and great staff. I booked for 3 nichts and stayed almost 2 weeks. It´s location is perfect and in the hostel itself, you will hardly get bored, there is always something going on: from jam sessions to boat trips, tai dinner, etc...

Excellent hostel. All you need is there: clean rooms, nice people, perfectly located.

Had a great stay here for a week!! Staff are very friendly and helpful! We stayed in a private room which was excellent and had everything we needed! The location is ideal, it's right on the main road of an amazing little town! If you're going to go to itacare, definitely stay in bananas!

• 13th Feb 2014

Had a great time at Bananas! Great staff! I really liked that you guys plan things with the guests, like going to the beach, escuna, etc! LOVED the breakfast! Just the room that was really hot, even with the fan... Thanks, guys! Hope I'll get back one day! :)

The only opportunity is to fall entirely in love with this place!!! It starts with marvellous beautiful garden where you can chill out and get connected with other guests and ends with the lovely staffwhich tries to make you feel as good as possible during your stay. The breakfast is great you even get fresh omelettes, every thursday there is a Jam Session with guys from the hostel and also local people, if you want to explore the enviroment of Itacare ( which is totally worth!!) the staff will

• 11th Dec 2013

I HAD A TRULY WONDERFUL TIME IN BRAZIL, AND AT BANANAS HOSTEL IT WAS THE ICING ON THE CAKE. THE HOSTEL IS SITUATED IN WONDERFUL TOWN FULL OF ENTHUSIASTIC AND HELPFUL STAFF. THE OWNERS PETER AND DEBS ARE A DELIGHT WHICH HELPS TO MAKE YOU FEEL AT HOME STRAIGHTAWAY. ALTHOUGH I ONLY STAYED FOR TWO DAYS, I WILL CERTAINLY BE RETURNING TO THIS GEM!!!! BREAKFAST WAS A GREAT SELECTION OF FRUITS, CAKES AND COOKED EGGS, GREAT JUICE AND LOVELY COFFEE!!! A GREAT ROOM WHICH I SHARED WITH SOME LOVELY PEOPLE

• 21st Nov 2013

I had an incredible experience at Bananas Hostel in Itacaré. When you get there, don't let the front door let you down. Although it seems like a tiny place, there is an insanely big space behind. The staff make the atmosphere so joyful that makes you want to stay at the hostel instead of going to the beach. There is also a bar and a place where people play songs and drink beer in the back. Awesome experience!

• 16th Nov 2013

Thanks to Peter and Debs for making sure I had a great time. I was shown around town by Peter who also pointed out the best spots and the do's and don'ts of Itacare. The hospitality was excellent a very friendly atmosphere, I immediately felt at home. The communal area attracts a wide variety of locals and travelers which makes it a great place to just chill. The room was cozy and the toilets were spotless. I will sure be returning on my next trip.

• 11th Oct 2013

My experience at Bananas Hostel was absolutely spectacular! I've never been to any hostel that felt so organically like a home, so welcoming, and so clearly built with so much love. From the hammock area, to the honey pit next to the barbeque, to the wonderful bar and the gorgeous garden, you can tell that Pete and Debs poured their souls into Bananas and have built something truly special. One of a kind. Honestly: I could spent a whole month there and still not be ready to leave.

• 22nd Sep 2013

If you are looking for a clean (!!) cosy, relaxing place to stay don`t go for this hostel !! The room I have stayed in was very run down and without windows. The bed shook and cracked everytime I moved so that I seriously worried it would fall apart. There was no ladder to the upper bunk bed and the sheets didn`t make an impression of being fresh. The night was extremely noisy because of a jam session in the garden (once a week) and all the drunken guests passing by the room until 4 am.

Hi Maria, We're so sorry! We appreciate your review and are horrified by your comments. Its really important to us the hostel is as clean, welcoming and comfortable as a good hostel should be. We were away for 5 weeks during your stay and this is not the first bad review we got for that period. We're going through all comments made and rectifying everything we can. We have a weekly jam session, which people generally love, but it should never have been allowed to end so late

We found the staff to be very bad as we had to stand outside ringing the bell to get in for 20 minutes, then were told to come back later as nobody there could help us check in. Checking out was equally as difficult as nobody was around to do that either. We were hoping to get some advice on things to do but couldn't get any either. Itacare itself was awesome and the hostel is in a good position. Apparently the owner was away on holiday so must have been the reason for the bad service.

Hi Andy, We're so sorry you didn't get a good service during your stay and you felt let down by the general standards of the hostel! Its a real shame because making sure our guests leave happy having had a great time is massively important to us. We were away on holiday during your visit, so we're looking into what went wrong to make sure it doesn't happen again.

Great hostel, located perfectly on Pituba, close enough to walk to all the main beaches/restsurants/shops. A very cool social atmosphere, even though I was there in the quiet season and they're weren't many people there.

One of best hostels I've stayed in.Great breakfast, good chill-out areas, fast wi-fi, comfortable beds, hot showers, big rooms. Pete and Debs are more like friends than hostel owners, they make you feel right at home.There weren't many people staying there when I was there, but rather than put all of us (travelling separately) in the same dorm (which is what most hostels tend to do) they gave us each our own dorm room, which is amazing hospitality!Would def recommend Bananas & stay there again

Bananas hostel is definitely the place to be in Itacare! Very close to the different beaches, restaurants and bars. Very-laid back vibe! Meet some great people there!

Great place, great location!!! I came here for 2 nights and stayed for a week. If u come to itacare this is the place to be!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4