Bananas Hostel Reviews

Rua Pedro Longo, 169, Pituba, Itacare, Brazil

Enjoyed our stay here as it was close to beach and also a short walk from bus terminal! Staff were very helpful! Downfalls where kitchen wasn't very clean and very small with little utensils to cook with! And the big problem was bed bugs in the double room due to the beds being wooden apparently! I was bitten really badly and was moved rooms but the fact they know they are there and just spray big spray is not acceptable!

One of the best hostels I've stayed in anywhere in the world. The staff are knowledgeable, lots of fun and very keen to show off the beautiful town and beaches. There is a fantastic, social atmosphere around the place with plenty of music and beers around the bar or the pool table. Breakfast is more than generous and very delicious whilst the wifi works very well as well. The rooms are kept clean and tidy and the beds are made every day. Cracking hostel, everyone should stay here

• 3rd Aug 2014

I had a great time there. Everyone should go there. I will definatly go back there. Shakakakah

Good value for private room and location is excellent. The hostel could do with some work and the walls are extremely thin so all noise from adjoining rooms is very very loud. Cold showers 99% of the time

My girlfriend and I had a great time at Bananas. We felt really cozy in the private room, the staff were really friendly and it always felt like coming home from wherever we were.

Nice atmosphere, I liked the fact that they allow some locals that they know to hang out in the hostel. I hated the very basic system of shower that floods the entire bathroom, besides that, the dorms are ok and the outside is great!!!!! I recommend the place.

Very sociable hostel. Lush garden with bar. My room wasn't well ventilated and the bathroom was very basic. I was a bit sad to leave the party behind.

Nice and friendly staff, chilled atmosphere, clean rooms, one of the best breakfast I had in Brazil! Definitely recommend!

Great people. Great place. Extremely friendly and knowledgable about the area. Always something to do at the hostel, whether you want to have some drinks and head out or if you just want to play some pool or poker in good company.

Best beach hostel in the whole brazil!!

• 5th Mar 2014
  • Portugal

Really speacial hostel!! It has a great atmosphere, great common areas and great staff. I booked for 3 nichts and stayed almost 2 weeks. It´s location is perfect and in the hostel itself, you will hardly get bored, there is always something going on: from jam sessions to boat trips, tai dinner, etc...

Excellent hostel. All you need is there: clean rooms, nice people, perfectly located.

Had a great stay here for a week!! Staff are very friendly and helpful! We stayed in a private room which was excellent and had everything we needed! The location is ideal, it's right on the main road of an amazing little town! If you're going to go to itacare, definitely stay in bananas!

• 13th Feb 2014

Had a great time at Bananas! Great staff! I really liked that you guys plan things with the guests, like going to the beach, escuna, etc! LOVED the breakfast! Just the room that was really hot, even with the fan... Thanks, guys! Hope I'll get back one day! :)

The only opportunity is to fall entirely in love with this place!!! It starts with marvellous beautiful garden where you can chill out and get connected with other guests and ends with the lovely staffwhich tries to make you feel as good as possible during your stay. The breakfast is great you even get fresh omelettes, every thursday there is a Jam Session with guys from the hostel and also local people, if you want to explore the enviroment of Itacare ( which is totally worth!!) the staff will

• 11th Dec 2013

I HAD A TRULY WONDERFUL TIME IN BRAZIL, AND AT BANANAS HOSTEL IT WAS THE ICING ON THE CAKE. THE HOSTEL IS SITUATED IN WONDERFUL TOWN FULL OF ENTHUSIASTIC AND HELPFUL STAFF. THE OWNERS PETER AND DEBS ARE A DELIGHT WHICH HELPS TO MAKE YOU FEEL AT HOME STRAIGHTAWAY. ALTHOUGH I ONLY STAYED FOR TWO DAYS, I WILL CERTAINLY BE RETURNING TO THIS GEM!!!! BREAKFAST WAS A GREAT SELECTION OF FRUITS, CAKES AND COOKED EGGS, GREAT JUICE AND LOVELY COFFEE!!! A GREAT ROOM WHICH I SHARED WITH SOME LOVELY PEOPLE

• 21st Nov 2013

I had an incredible experience at Bananas Hostel in Itacaré. When you get there, don't let the front door let you down. Although it seems like a tiny place, there is an insanely big space behind. The staff make the atmosphere so joyful that makes you want to stay at the hostel instead of going to the beach. There is also a bar and a place where people play songs and drink beer in the back. Awesome experience!

• 16th Nov 2013

Thanks to Peter and Debs for making sure I had a great time. I was shown around town by Peter who also pointed out the best spots and the do's and don'ts of Itacare. The hospitality was excellent a very friendly atmosphere, I immediately felt at home. The communal area attracts a wide variety of locals and travelers which makes it a great place to just chill. The room was cozy and the toilets were spotless. I will sure be returning on my next trip.

• 11th Oct 2013

My experience at Bananas Hostel was absolutely spectacular! I've never been to any hostel that felt so organically like a home, so welcoming, and so clearly built with so much love. From the hammock area, to the honey pit next to the barbeque, to the wonderful bar and the gorgeous garden, you can tell that Pete and Debs poured their souls into Bananas and have built something truly special. One of a kind. Honestly: I could spent a whole month there and still not be ready to leave.

• 22nd Sep 2013

If you are looking for a clean (!!) cosy, relaxing place to stay don`t go for this hostel !! The room I have stayed in was very run down and without windows. The bed shook and cracked everytime I moved so that I seriously worried it would fall apart. There was no ladder to the upper bunk bed and the sheets didn`t make an impression of being fresh. The night was extremely noisy because of a jam session in the garden (once a week) and all the drunken guests passing by the room until 4 am.

Hi Maria, We're so sorry! We appreciate your review and are horrified by your comments. Its really important to us the hostel is as clean, welcoming and comfortable as a good hostel should be. We were away for 5 weeks during your stay and this is not the first bad review we got for that period. We're going through all comments made and rectifying everything we can. We have a weekly jam session, which people generally love, but it should never have been allowed to end so late

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5