Bananas Hostel Reviews

Rua Pedro Longo, 169, Pituba, Itacare, Brazil

Amazing hostel, such a nice vibe and lovely people! Big garden space with lots of hammocks for chilling out, and lots of socialising spaces in a beautiful jungly vibe garden with lots of trees and plants. Perfet location, close to everything. I had an injury whilst staying here and the owners were so lovely, going out of their way to help me and make me feel comfortable there in my time of need lol really kind people. One of my fav hostels I've been to, definitely recommend.

It's a very relaxed hostel, with a good location and nice staff! Room was way too hot tho, and organization is very chaotic. I only had 1 full day (2 nights), but Itacare is definitely a place to stay for at least 4 nights.

Great hostel, great location, great people. We booked for 4 nights a Bananas and ended up staying for 5. We stayed in a private double room with ensuite which was good value for money and clean, if a little hot. The place had a really relaxed vibe with lots of hammocks and a garden with a bar and happy hour with R$3 caipirinhas. The owners Pete and Debbie were really nice and always so helpful as was everyone working there. A great place and we'll definitely stay again when back in Itacaré

great hostel in a very central position, Bananas is a must. the environment is warm and friendly, Pete the oowner is a great guy and so are all the others that works there. perfect place both to party and relax. huge breakfast. definitely one of the best hostels i'm been to!!

• 22nd Jan 2015

Walking into Bananas is like walking into a home away from home! Booked in for 1 night, ended up staying longer (apparently this is normal!). The place itself is lovely and everyone working there really wants to make you feel welcome. The rooms themselves are fairly basic (luxury compared to some places I've stayed!) but have everything you need. But the real attractions are the garden, communal spaces and relaxing vibe! I loved it so much I am already planning my next trip next summer!

• 29th Nov 2014

I thought that Peter and Debora run one off the best hostels I have stayed in .

• 29th Nov 2014

We really enjoyed our stay at Bananas!! The super cool and friendly staff became like a family to us and we shared a lot of food, wine, time, love and laughter together. Everyone is more than helpful in anything you would need help with or like to know. Great atmosphere with a garden with comfy sofas and a bar where they make 5-star caipiriñas. AMAZING breakfast, thanks Leo!! Will absolutely stay at this place again, many thanks to everyone at Bananas, swedish crazy girls gonna see you again!!

Enjoyed our stay here as it was close to beach and also a short walk from bus terminal! Staff were very helpful! Downfalls where kitchen wasn't very clean and very small with little utensils to cook with! And the big problem was bed bugs in the double room due to the beds being wooden apparently! I was bitten really badly and was moved rooms but the fact they know they are there and just spray big spray is not acceptable!

Hi guys it was great having you here . once again sorry about this . we dont just use the spray though after we moved you guys we closed the room and have had the problem dealt with professionally . they are difficult to spot but once we did we have dealt with it . again we are sorry about this situation and will not allow it to happen again . wish you all the best in the future , Dougie (bananas)

One of the best hostels I've stayed in anywhere in the world. The staff are knowledgeable, lots of fun and very keen to show off the beautiful town and beaches. There is a fantastic, social atmosphere around the place with plenty of music and beers around the bar or the pool table. Breakfast is more than generous and very delicious whilst the wifi works very well as well. The rooms are kept clean and tidy and the beds are made every day. Cracking hostel, everyone should stay here

I had a great time there. Everyone should go there. I will definatly go back there. Shakakakah

Good value for private room and location is excellent. The hostel could do with some work and the walls are extremely thin so all noise from adjoining rooms is very very loud. Cold showers 99% of the time

Had a fantastic time, would recommend Bananas to anyone. Staff were great, full of helpful information to enjoy the area and even organised a day out to visit islands. The rooms are quite used and the toilets sometimes didn't flush but the beds were comfortable, the WIFI worked great and there is a bar on the premises made meeting other travellers and locals quite easy! Also the breakfast was massive! If you are going to Itacare you have to stay at Bananas!

• 25th Jul 2014

My girlfriend and I had a great time at Bananas. We felt really cozy in the private room, the staff were really friendly and it always felt like coming home from wherever we were.

Nice atmosphere, I liked the fact that they allow some locals that they know to hang out in the hostel. I hated the very basic system of shower that floods the entire bathroom, besides that, the dorms are ok and the outside is great!!!!! I recommend the place.

Very sociable hostel. Lush garden with bar. My room wasn't well ventilated and the bathroom was very basic. I was a bit sad to leave the party behind.

Great place if you want to meet people and party. But the security is quite bad, as they open up the bar in the hostel to people that aren't staying there. The room I stayed in was locked but someone broke in through one of windows and stole my camera which I had left charging. And they also stole money from one other guy who was staying in the room. The staff were very nice and gave me free accomadation to help make up for it.

Nice and friendly staff, chilled atmosphere, clean rooms, one of the best breakfast I had in Brazil! Definitely recommend!

Great people. Great place. Extremely friendly and knowledgable about the area. Always something to do at the hostel, whether you want to have some drinks and head out or if you just want to play some pool or poker in good company.

Best beach hostel in the whole brazil!!

• 5th Mar 2014
  • Portugal

Really speacial hostel!! It has a great atmosphere, great common areas and great staff. I booked for 3 nichts and stayed almost 2 weeks. It´s location is perfect and in the hostel itself, you will hardly get bored, there is always something going on: from jam sessions to boat trips, tai dinner, etc...

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5