Banff International Hostel Reviews

449 Banff Avenue, Banff, Canada

I thought the breakfast poor. My expectations were to find at least some one of the staff monitoring all stuffs that was granted for a breakfast included in my stay (around 40 US per day). There was not coffee prepared, things were spread under a table with out a toewl, baskets breads or something that makes you comfortable in a breakfast. People that I supposed to be external of the hostel, they talked a lot until midnight in the room, bother others to sleep due to the noise of their meeting.

• 28th Aug 2014

Terrible place to be, no decent common room and no atmosphere. Go to the samesun hostel next door and have fun!

• 20th Aug 2014

Never saw a hostel with so many rules. Forbidden to drink in the hostel area. Only in the room.

great hostel

I really liked this place. Next to a bus stop that can take u to canmore or to all Banff tourist locations. The beds are very high for bunk beds. Like 2.5 ft from the mattress to the ceiling. But other than that it was clean. Nice rooms that were wooded. Clean bathroom and that pretty new. Lockers in room. WiFi. Etc. Really liked this hostel. Banff....get boring and very Disneyland though. Tourist everywhere.

Really nice hostel comfy bed. Good location in walking distance of town

Enjoyed our stay here. Good location, only a short walk (800m) to endless places to eat and drink. On site parking useful and decent wifi. Kitchen facilities also a bonus, the free breakfast is free for a reason but nothing beats a bowel of cereal. From reading, has less facilities than HI hostel, but much better location. Prices shoot up on weekends!

Great staff, comftable beds, good location!

Good location. Walking distance to town, but not right in the thick of it. Staff friendly and decent facilities.

Security is not bat, but more security will be required because almost free access once people enter the entrance before room door. More hot water will be good for shower . The temperature was too low to me although summer is OK.

*If you are staying and you have to leave - I would leave a note or something on your bed. I checked in and set up my cell charger on my bed and such and came back in the evening around midnight and my dorm was full and someone was sleeping in my bed! The only bed left was a top bunk and my cell could not be plugged in and it was an upsetting experience. I would try to have that NOT happen again. Other than that my stay was lovely.

• 30th May 2014

Its a nice place to stay in Banff, not so far but also not too close to the busy streets. It is quite at night, rooms are nice and clean, with plenty of space. Beds are good. But breakfast is terrible, they only supply the things, so its not very organized (you don't know whats available and whats not yours to eat, messy kitchen and no one to assist if needed) and its just plain toast, coffee (self made) and cereal. And wifi is not so good.

No so bad.

Atmosphere is awful - no lounge/ restaurant/ bar area so we went to the hostel down the street.

• 18th Apr 2014