Banff International Hostel Reviews

449 Banff Avenue, Banff, Canada

Enjoyed our stay here. Good location, only a short walk (800m) to endless places to eat and drink. On site parking useful and decent wifi. Kitchen facilities also a bonus, the free breakfast is free for a reason but nothing beats a bowel of cereal. From reading, has less facilities than HI hostel, but much better location. Prices shoot up on weekends!

• 15th Jul 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Great staff, comftable beds, good location!

Good location. Walking distance to town, but not right in the thick of it. Staff friendly and decent facilities.

Security is not bat, but more security will be required because almost free access once people enter the entrance before room door. More hot water will be good for shower . The temperature was too low to me although summer is OK.

*If you are staying and you have to leave - I would leave a note or something on your bed. I checked in and set up my cell charger on my bed and such and came back in the evening around midnight and my dorm was full and someone was sleeping in my bed! The only bed left was a top bunk and my cell could not be plugged in and it was an upsetting experience. I would try to have that NOT happen again. Other than that my stay was lovely.

• 30th May 2014

Its a nice place to stay in Banff, not so far but also not too close to the busy streets. It is quite at night, rooms are nice and clean, with plenty of space. Beds are good. But breakfast is terrible, they only supply the things, so its not very organized (you don't know whats available and whats not yours to eat, messy kitchen and no one to assist if needed) and its just plain toast, coffee (self made) and cereal. And wifi is not so good.

No so bad.

Atmosphere is awful - no lounge/ restaurant/ bar area so we went to the hostel down the street.

• 18th Apr 2014

I like that this hostel is modern and the rooms are spacious. The staff are friendly and helpful. It's in a good location and I enjoyed my stay here. Very good.

Upper bunk beds do not need the end fence bars as they make it more difficult to get down from the beds.

• 18th Feb 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Vice nice staff. Rooms were super brilliant location

• 18th Feb 2014