Banff International Hostel

Fabulous 328 Total Reviews

• New Zealand, Female, 18-24
13th Sep 2017
8.0

Enjoyed our stay. one of the cleanest hostel rooms I have ever stayed in and comfy bunk beds - curtains were a great addition. Free continental breakfast was a plus but lack of common area and social vibe was a downside. perfect location, only a few minutes walk from all restaurants/clubs/bars.

• England, Female, 18-24
9th Sep 2017

Absolutely loved this hostel! The rooms were lovely and always really clean. There's ensuites, lockers and was even a fridge in our room as well as curtains on the bunks which is great :) Staff were lovely and really knowledgable and reception's open 24 hours which is a plus. Great location, 10 min walk to downtown or 15 to the bus station. Great wifi, common area and kitchen as well, literally nothing bad to say at all!! Thank you for such an amazing time in Banff! 😍

7th Sep 2017
7.4

Not my favorite hostel in Banff. I found the staff pretty unknowledgeable about Banff. They couldn't offer recommendations regarding places to eat or drink. The pros: the bathrooms were very clean, and the beds were comfortable.

• Canada, Female, 18-24
6th Sep 2017

There is nothing bad about this hostel, clean, comfortable beds, good location, but atmosphere could be better. The hostel doesn't appear to put on many activities so there isn't much opportunity to meet people. The common areas don't encourage mingling among travelers and people tended to sit by themselves. The kitchen is nice if you want to make your own food. We still had a good time at the hostel overall, I heard the atmosphere is better in the winter.

31st Aug 2017

This is the cleanest hostel I have ever stayed in! We stayed in a mixed 6-bed dorm and it was so convenient to have a full bathroom AND A MINI-FRIDGE in each room. We loved how helpful the front desk was with suggestions on where to eat and what to see in the town itself. Very knowledgeable staff on which hikes are the best views and great food suggestions as well. Loved this hostel!!!

• Canada, Female, 25-30
24th Aug 2017

This hostel was in a perfect location in the Banff village. The staff were friendly and approachable when asking for help and recommendations. The breakfast was simple, but good for a free meal! Our 6-bed dorm with ensuite washroom was clean, spacious, and the loft layout was great. I would definitely stay here again and recommend to others!

• joaotsetsemoita7632
  • Portugal, Male, 31-40
  • Globetrotter
18th Aug 2017

Well located hostel, with nice staff and good facilities. It lacks a proper common area to hang out with other travellers but apart from that I enjoyed my stay. The free breakfast was quite nice as well.

• Australia, Mixed Group, 18-24
15th Aug 2017

I really enjoyed my time in Banff and at the hostel. Banff on the whole is very expensive, so I think the hostel is the average price-around $60-65 per night. We didn't spend much time in the hostel as we were sightseeing the majority of the time but the location is very central. I would recommend this hostel if for nothing else than the location.

18th Jul 2017

The location is amazing!!! But as it is Banff, everywhere is too expensive for what you get. But hey, if you want a beautiful place to stay and a once in a lifetime experience, it is still the cheapest option around so go for it. I cannot comment on breakfast because it started 15 minutes after the tour I was doing (which was at 7.45am - so breakfast starts weirdly late). Otherwise I had a fabulous time :)

• Canada, Female, 25-30
16th Jul 2017

Stayed during peak season so the prices are higher and seem slightly ridiculous (but hotels are even worse so it's a trade off). I really like the set up of this hostel, smaller rooms than others in town and sturdy beds - lockers in the rooms should you need them. And it's right on Banff Ave - so it's convenient and within walking distance to most things.

×