Banff Y Mountain Lodge Reviews

PO Box 520, 102 Spray Ave., Banff, Canada

Right by the river and short walking distance to the main street in banff, free parking and clean rooms!

A large hostel in an old building, but pretty good considering. I was in an 8 bed dorm which had it's own shower/toilet attached. It was clean but there was no hot water in the morning. Wifi was pretty sketchy too. I only stayed one night so I didn't mind too much.

Wi-Fi wasnt working properly!! You fall out every few minutes - particulary it didnt work at all. The kitchen was very dirty aswell the floor in the dorm. The location was good and there was free parking. To stay for one night it will be aceptable but no longer!

• 21st Aug 2013
  • Switzerland

I feel bad criticizing a non-profit, but the kitchens and the shared washrooms were filthy! We were there for 4 days and not once was the kitchen floor swept (and we watched a kid throw up on it) and neither were the bathrooms mopped. I don't know what the cleaning staff were doing, but they certainly weren't cleaning.

Pretty bloody ordinary compared to other Hostels in Banff. Stay elsewhere they are better