Banghoek Place Reviews

193 Banghoek Road, Stellenbosch, South Africa

The hostel was noy cleaned properly. Bathrooms were moldy and simply gross. I wouldnt recommend it to anyone else.

Ten minute walk from the centre, but its a nice walk. All the facilities you need to have a nice and cheap trip (good kitchen space, chillout areas etc.) - only downside was lack of any lockable storage space in the room we were in (4 person dorm). Otherwise, excellent way to stay in Stellenbosch on a budget.

No beer. Stolen wash bag. Otherwise very good.

beautiful wooden building, nice clean rooms.

A bit of a walk from the City centre, which is something to keep in mind if you're not driving. As a solo female traveller, they encouraged me not to walk on my own at night, and the man at the front desk actually drive me to the city centre for dinner since it was after dark and gave me the number for a cab to return. The same man also gave me great advice as to what to do and what wine tours to go on.

Nice place. Walking distance to the pubs. Good atmosphere and lovely style.

• 5th Oct 2015