Banilah Reviews

11 Sotesueksa Road., Changphuek, Muang, Chiang Mai, Thailand

I would really recommend Banilah. The staff is excellent, very friendly and helpful. Everything was really good, I have no complaints. There is also a bar downstairs, and they have cats, so it's a must for all the cat lovers.

• 26th Aug 2015
  • Slovenia

Amazingly helpful staff, who are always willing to assist you in anything. Location is nice, but you'll see very few tourists; otherwise it's a nice area with food and coffee shops all nearby.

Great area for away from the crowds and fantastic value for money. The staff are very friendly and helpful and I would recommend this Banilah to anyone!

A great place to stay in Chiang Mai. A little far from the old town area but when it comes to eating this is a good thing as there are tons of local, really tasty little restaurants, roadside food stands and a big market close by to choose from. The staff are excellent, the rooms are clean, the little garden in the courtyard is cool... Really have no complaints! Stay here!

Excellent staff and comfy, clean room. However, if you have cat allergies you can't spend any time downstairs in the cafe - they have 11 cats! The location is a short walk from the city centre, but it is an interesting location with great local streetfood - and they have bicycles free to borrow.

First of all the hotel has a cat cafe which as a cat lover was awesome The staff were amazingly friendly and ready to help. They were very thorough with map details and the things that were around and time to get there. They helped with booking tours as well. It was my birthday and they left a little treat on my bed while I was out. So cute and they add nice touches like lollipops on the bed to say sweet dreams.

Had an awesome stay at Banilah! Staff was extremely helpful and friendly & their map of the city proves to be full of great recommendations (make sure to try the 'chicken rice' nearby). Room was amazing and very clean. I can highly recommend this place and will definitely come back. Thanks!

The staff was incredibly helpful! They took their time to show us a lot of great local shops and answer any questions we had. The cat cafe downstairs is adorable, and they serve yummy coffee. The room isn't anything super special, but it was clean and we felt safe. We'd stay there again for sure.

The most amazing reception/lounge area with fantafantastic decor and a great chiled ambience. The staff could not have been more friendly and helpful. It was such a pleasant 2 nights there.

It was my first time in Chiangmai and I was glad to stay at Banilah(band-ai-la). The room was very nice and the bathroom is very clean. The host is very helpful, she sat me down and used colored pens to mark the important locations on the map. If you are looking for a place to chill, get to know the local side of Chiangmai , visit local markets with the local people, and have some free time to get away from the busy street, this is a great place. But it is a bit out of the center.

We had a very nice stay, we definitely recommand this hostel!

Positives: the rooms were cleaned everyday and the staff was kind and helpful. iced coffee was cheap and delicious. Cons: the hostel is farther than people have been saying. it is a 10 minute walk to the old gate but then another 20 to most things of consequence. also, hard to meet people, as the "cafe" isn't a very social area and a bit more like a homey office.

We had a great stay here in a private room with ensuite. The hostel is more like a boutique hotel with a lovely pond and tropical garden courtyard. The hostel is in a reasonable location, however about a 15 minute walk from the city walls. The hostel provide you with a fantastic map of the immediate local area with suggestions for food and allow you to hire bikes for free. The reception is extremely clean, however there are quite a few cats, so if you particularly don't like cats maybe rethink.

The room and the bathroom both were sufficient and good worth for its money, but it is the staff thats worth visiting this hostel! They will make sure you have plenty of suggestions and attractions to fill up your time during your stay. We got ourselves a scooter for 250 baht a day and we drove ourselves all the way up to Mae rim. Also, make sure to visit the suggestied northern thai restaurants, those a very good. For any orher questions, the staff will be really helpful and at your service!

• 29th Jul 2015

We really enjoyed the time at Banilah Hostel. Thank you for your help to plan our trips. The room was nice and clean. Not in the City Center, but we liked the non-touristic surrounding. We recommend Banilah to everyone !

• 28th Jul 2015

This place is great value for the money, not too fancy but with everything you need, well kept, and with lots of nice little touches, like homemade soaps that smell delicious. The best thing about it--and worth the small drawback of it being a little bit of a hike from the more happening parts of town--are the women who run it, who are incredibly kind and go out of their way to be helpful. If you're looking to be close to the party this is not the place, otherwise I cannot recommend it more.

The staff is the friendliest I have met in a long time and will help you with everything and anything. There is a free bike rental and a cat cafe, he rooms have a nice style and in general there is nothing I could complain about. Excellent value for money.

Excellent excellent excellent staff. They sat us down when we got here and highlighted everything we needed to know on a map. They helped plan all our day trips and we're very knowledgeable in general about the area and always had suggestions on things to do and places to eat. There were laundry facilities next door and great breakfast around the corner at nana's. The location could be better, twice our taxi drivers got lost. Bathroom is outside your room on the porch and the locks are not good.

The staff here are absolutely amazing. As well as having incredible local knowledge and recommendations, they will bend over backwards to help you in any way they can. Rooms are nice and clean although the locks on the doors don't seem very secure. Location is a decent walk from the old town so would recommend using the complimentary bicycle hire otherwise you will get very tired.

One of the best hostels I've stayed at. The staff is so friendly and helpful! They provided everything I needed to know in order to explore Chiangmai. Their map tour is extraordinary! Detailed and extremely easy to understand, even a directionally challenged person like me managed to avoid getting lost. The staff made my stay in Chiangmai one that I'll never forget. I would definitely recommend Banilah to anyone that want to fully enjoy Chiangmai.

« first « Prev 1 2 3