Banilah Reviews

11 Sotesueksa Road., Changphuek, Muang, Chiang Mai, Thailand

This is a lovely place to stay run by a group of extremely friendly, helpful and lovely women! They go out of their way to help you out with whatever you ask. It's a little out of the way of everything for backpackers, the main place to stay is the old town this is at least a half hour walk away but a red taxi costs no more than 20B a person and you can easily get one after walking in the right direction for 5 minutes. Can't emphasise how great the owners are! Returning again in April

• 25th Jan 2016

Super friendly staff! Their helping you with everything and showing you all the stuff around the hostel on map. The hostel is a littlw bit outside but you can either rent a scooter or explore it by foot. In the area of the hostel is everything you need ehen a cool local foodmarket where you get cheap and delicious thai food!

They were very helpful in introducing the neighbourhood to me when I arrived. There is a great bakery around the corner( not too friendly but good coffee and croissants). Banilah staff tried hard to please. Room was more basic and older than photos show. Bathroom was clean and I'm fussy. Mosquitos around and holes in the mosquito net and gaps in the door. I kept the fans blowing to keep them away. No noise insulation from courtyard and other guests but quiet street. Cat cafe was nice.

Very friendly and helpful. Room small but very clean and comfortable - only negative was power point accessibility, only 2 pin and all 3 in awkward places with one in use for TV, another for fan so only one spare. Luckily had power bar on lead with me so just about managed, and it may be that the guest house can lend with leads anyway. Also had free use of bicycle and hot water for coffee, etc available in corridor. Plenty of restaurants, cafes, sho in vicinity and market easy walking distance.

• 11th Jan 2016

Warm welcome in arrival, the ladies spent a lot of time telling us about the area and things to do including where to eat. Free bikes Clean rooms and shower Perfect location The owner and other ladies working there absolutely make this hostel, so welcoming and helpful.

• 10th Jan 2016

We had an absolutely wonderful visit, the staff were incredibly helpful and welcoming. Couldn't have asked for anything more.

This! This hostel is where it is at. 1. The location, best part is that it's not in the old city, it's great to stay in the old city for a few days, and it's definitely walkable, but you really get to experience Thailand outside of the old city, a large part of the old city is tourist things, gets very repetitive. 2. Atmosphere is on point. The hostess was amazing, she sat my boyfriend and I down and told us about everything we needed to know. 3. Rooms are very nice, clean.

Amazing! The staff really want you to have a great time in Chiang Mai and they go out of their way to help you. It is walkable to the old city (or you can take a free bike), but the area it's in is great. There is a local market near by and lots of shops and places to eat or get a massage and they are half the price of anything in the old city. I have stayed twice and I would strongly recommend it to anyone going to Chiang Mai.

• 1st Jan 2016

Hands down, favorite place we've stayed. The staff felt like friends by the time we left. They were all so welcoming and kind, and were the most helpful hostel staff we've encountered. In a big city like Chiang Mai, it can feel overwhelming to know what to do or not do, and what is worth your time. The staff at Banilah went above and beyond providing 3 different maps with various things we could do, both touristy and not as touristy. So helpful! We loved it here!

Chiang Mai don't have public transport so we had to take a tuk tuk there. But the driver seemed know the place well. The hostel is very nice, we booked a twin room and it's very clean and quite. The owner and staff were all very nice to us, they showed us nice places to visit and eat, and helped us call taxi. Btw, they're cat lovers, 11 cats in the house! So nice! Will definitely recommend!

I have no general complaints but if i have to be really picky it would have been the sound proof level of the room. Either the ladies can help to educate the guests to keep their noise level down at all times (like forbid shouting from ground level to their friends in level 2 or 3) or try to improve the sound proof.

• 26th Dec 2015
  • Taiwan

The staff at Banilah is just great! She helped us with everything - booking the buses, renting a scooter, and she literally showed us every restaurant there is in the neighbourhood. Free bikes is nice, rooms were nice and clean (nice beds). Just great.

• 23rd Dec 2015

The girls were very friendly and helpfull - one of the best in my trip. The hostel is very simple, but confy. The location is very bad since is far away from the best points in town and you'll need a motorcycle or a taxi all the time.

Great welcome - polite and friendly staff gave a wonderful orientation to the area. Wonderful room - clean and comfortable.

Very nice place with the best staff. Lots of nice local bars (with students) in the neighborhood.

This hotel was clean and acceptable but as a traveller it had zero atmosphere and was so so far out of the way from anything - it would've been impossible without renting a scooter. I definitely wouldn't stay here again.

This was my second time to stay there. I love this place. The staff are incredible. They are kind and ultra helpful. I can't say enough about the staff. The rooms are nice, nothing extravagant but they are clean and perfect for what you pay. Overall I would direct anyone to stay there. Be sure to ask the staff about the local Koh Soi (traditional Northern Thai Noodle) place that is just there in the neighborhood. It's probably the best meal I've had in my life and it's super cheap.

• 23rd Nov 2015

The staff was extremely helpful and the rooms where very clean and pretty. Only down side is that it is a little away form the center but also the upside of this is that you are not with all the tourist. Very nice place to stay relax and just chill.

Banilah was a delighful hotel to stay in. The staff were friendly & helpful, the rooms clean and beautifully furnished & the location ideal for those who wish to experience local food & life. The free bikes were a life saver when I wanted to take slightly longer trips to the old city. :)

The staff at Banilah are very, very helpful and extremely nice. They will sit you down with a map and tell you all the things to do in Chiang Mai. They'll book trips for you and sort out tuk tuks into town for you if you need them to. The fan in the room was just as good as aircon and they had a mosquito net. Room was clean. It's not in the old city which is a shame but it's not far into town. If you're a backpacker maybe a more central location is better. Not much atmosphere but lovely staff!

« first « Prev 1 2 3