Banilah

9.2
Superb 500 Total Reviews

• Singapore, Male, 25-30
7th May 2017

Very personalised touch to each guest. The host was helpful as she offered guidance to the places that I could visit during my stay there. The staff were very understanding, I arrived at 6 a.m by flight and was able check in early thanks to the night staff who kept hold to my room key for when I arrived. The room is quaint and has the necessities for my stay. They have a lounge where you can watch movies or play with cats :) I recommend it to people who are planning to stay in Chiang Mai.

7th May 2017

I loved my night at Banilah! Comfortable rooms, incredible value for money. The women who run the place have great recommendations for things to see in the area and restaurants to try. You can also borrow bikes for free! Great way to get around Chiang Mai. There aren't kitchen facilities for guests to use and it would be nice if there were AC in the common area downstairs, but overall this is a great place, especially if you're looking for something peaceful after busy days of sightseeing.

23rd Apr 2017

Loved my time at Banilah! Staff is so nice and helpful. My room was cleaned everyday and was nicely furnished with an added mosquito net (I had a private room). Nice quiet atmosphere as well if you need that. I would definitely stay here again.

• New Zealand, Female, 18-24
18th Apr 2017

Awesome place to stay if you want a little peace and quiet the facilities where great. Cheep washing and easy to hire moterbikes(check whether you need a international license we got stoped) and book buses! The staff where awesome and really knew there stuff!!!

17th Apr 2017

Superb staff, very helpful and friendly on arrival and throughout stay. Location is not in old town, but I actually liked this spot better than the places I stayed in town for Songkran. Plenty of markets, restaurants, etc nearby, but felt more like a real neighborhood. I had a private flat with fan and mosquito net and was finally able to escape the pesky mosquitos of Chiang Mai :-) I ended up staying at another place when I returned to Chiang Mai (only due to price) and regretted it.

• England, Couple, 31-40
12th Apr 2017

This place is well located although it is a little outside of the Old Town, which is not a problem if you need somewhere a little more quiet. It is easy to get in to the Old Tow and Banilah offer free Bike hire which is awesome. The staff are super friendly and could not be more helpful - their local knowledge is amazing and they will give you the best orientation when you arrive so you feel like you know where to go and how to get there, no matter what you need. I would 100% stay here again!!

• Ireland, Female, 25-30
4th Apr 2017

Nice hostel with friendly and welcoming staff. Close to shops and food stalls but a little out from the main markets but taxi s are cheap. Only downside is there are alot of bugs and mosquitoes so be prepared with plenty of bug spray !

20th Mar 2017

Wonderful place to stay! The staff here are so friendly and well-informed. They have excellent recommendations for seeing the best that Chiang Mai has to offer and they helped me make it happen every step of the way. I would definitely stay here again!

• Estonia, Female, 18-24
16th Mar 2017

I loved the location, has a lot of very cheap street food around and also local market. I did'nt see almost any tourists around that area the first day. Great staff, clean rooms. Very cheap and easy to get an uber to the centre, or just walk around 1,5-2 km.

13th Mar 2017

Absolutely LOVED this place! We arrived after the front desk closed, but there was a security guard waiting for us with the keys and a map of the area with places to eat at night. The staff was so sweet and helpful- they and gave us a great overview of sights to see and tasty food recommendations. They even helped us book a cooking class. Room was clean and quiet- perfect for a traveler who wants some solitude. Plus- we were able to borrow bicycles for the day! I would highly recommend!