Banilah

Superb 513 Total Reviews

• louiseanstee
  • England, Couple, 18-24
24th Jul 2017

Our stay at Banilah was amazing! All the staff were very welcoming and helpful from the start. They gave us maps of the area with plenty of useful information on where to eat and which sights were worth seeing and how to get there. We felt as if we were staying with a family as Nancy and her staff went out of their way to make our stay amazing. They also allowed us to borrow their bikes which made getting to the old city very easy. We can't recommend Banilah enough!

• England, Couple, 18-24
19th Jul 2017
7.7

Staff here are extremely helpful and friendly. As soon as we arrived they gave us a map and showed us the best places. Organised our trip to the elephant sanctuary and our taxis. We stayed in a private room which had a mosquito net and private bathroom. Was relatively clean but could do with a coat of paint. Lots of cats in the reception and cafe area so would not recommend if you are allergic. Overall a lovely place but could do with a good clean and paint.

• Ireland, Couple, 18-24
12th Jul 2017

Great place to stay in Chiang Mai! Loved the area and it's about a 20min walk to Old city. Our room was cleaned every day and the place is spotless. Also the staff are so helpful and give you loads of options on what to do while in Chiang Mai. We just wished we had more time and would definitely recommend staying here :)

• USA, Couple, 18-24
18th Jun 2017

The place was in an awesome location and had a very helpful staff that went above and beyond our expectations.

• Ireland, Female, 18-24
17th Jun 2017

Fanastic hostel! And the staff are the most helpful we have had on our travels, extremely clean but very quiet and a walk away from the old town but this didn't bother us as it meant the shops were cheaper. Highly recommend staying here x

• nogaday4047
  • Israel, Female, 18-24
12th Jun 2017

Exellent staff!! I really reccomend this place they are doing above and beyond to help me as much as possible and give me the best service. It's not inside of the old city but very short ride getting there

• thebrendalls
  • USA, Female, 31-40
26th May 2017
7.7

Pros: THE STAFF: especially Nancy, really make this place stand out. She goes above and beyond to take care of you. LOCATION is excellent. Walking distance to tons of amazing cafes, bars, restaurants, and markets. Strong wifi and attached cafe. Cons: The bed is awful, we could feel every spring poking through mattress. We slept terribly. Weak security for the doors, just a latch with a thread through lock. Noisy at night due to all rooms facing into a corridor.

• Singapore, Male, 25-30
7th May 2017

Very personalised touch to each guest. The host was helpful as she offered guidance to the places that I could visit during my stay there. The staff were very understanding, I arrived at 6 a.m by flight and was able check in early thanks to the night staff who kept hold to my room key for when I arrived. The room is quaint and has the necessities for my stay. They have a lounge where you can watch movies or play with cats :) I recommend it to people who are planning to stay in Chiang Mai.

7th May 2017

I loved my night at Banilah! Comfortable rooms, incredible value for money. The women who run the place have great recommendations for things to see in the area and restaurants to try. You can also borrow bikes for free! Great way to get around Chiang Mai. There aren't kitchen facilities for guests to use and it would be nice if there were AC in the common area downstairs, but overall this is a great place, especially if you're looking for something peaceful after busy days of sightseeing.

23rd Apr 2017

Loved my time at Banilah! Staff is so nice and helpful. My room was cleaned everyday and was nicely furnished with an added mosquito net (I had a private room). Nice quiet atmosphere as well if you need that. I would definitely stay here again.