Banilah

Superb 486 Total Reviews
9.2
Superb 486 Total Reviews

20th Mar 2017

Wonderful place to stay! The staff here are so friendly and well-informed. They have excellent recommendations for seeing the best that Chiang Mai has to offer and they helped me make it happen every step of the way. I would definitely stay here again!

13th Mar 2017

Absolutely LOVED this place! We arrived after the front desk closed, but there was a security guard waiting for us with the keys and a map of the area with places to eat at night. The staff was so sweet and helpful- they and gave us a great overview of sights to see and tasty food recommendations. They even helped us book a cooking class. Room was clean and quiet- perfect for a traveler who wants some solitude. Plus- we were able to borrow bicycles for the day! I would highly recommend!

8th Feb 2017

The staff at the Banilah are among the most helpful, conscientious, and kind people I came across on my three week solo trip to Thailand. Upon my arrival, they guided me through a detailed map highlighting the best restaurants and activities in the surrounding area. All of their recommendations were spot-on and non-touristy. The only downside of the Banilah is the location, but I loved the preponderance of authentic street food and the Ubers are very affordable and come quickly.

• Malaysia, Male, 31-40
29th Jan 2017

Nancy and her team manage this premises very well. She also make a lot of suggestion on what to do or eat at chiangmai.......worth every penny for your stay at here.

• Israel, Couple, 18-24
26th Jan 2017

We were staying in Banilah for one night and we had a great stay. Room was very nice and clean, WiFi and AC worked flawlessly. Location is nice, about 1km from the old city, but relatively far from the Night bazaar, you need a tuktuk to get there from Banilah. Staff was very kind, especially Nancy who sat with us with a map and explained us everything we need to know where to travel in Chiang Mai. Good value for price.

• Switzerland, Male, 25-30
17th Jan 2017

This hostel was outstanding! The best hostel we have ever been and we travel a lot😊 the staff is so friendly and helps you with everything you need. The price/value is just perfect love this place. Its so clean and location is wonderfull. But the real champs are the ones who lead this hostel thank you so much for everything. Vicky and oli

• USA, Female, 41+
15th Jan 2017

What a fantastic place to stay. Quiet yet still provides an opportunity to talk with travelers. The staff is incredibly helpful, kind and always available for questions. They provide a wonderful orientation upon arrival and bikes for free, wifi and internet good also information about elephant experience, cooking schools, massage etc. will arrange for scooter rental, laundry And they make a great latte. All nite security. Would definately come back. Thanks si much we really enjoyed our stay.

15th Jan 2017

The most lovely and helpful people working at this hostels, I've been to many hostels in Thailand and by far this is my favorite, that's why I keep coming back. Very recommended!

24th Dec 2016

Absolutely lovely staff. Perfect location for a local atmosphere north of down town.

• Philippines, Female, 25-30
22nd Dec 2016

I stayed in the other dorms inside the Old City before Banilah and was already done exploring the temples, so its location was just right for me. I think you can rent their bikes for free. The room was clean (no bed bugs) and they gave restaurant suggestions which I really appreciated. They tidy up the rooms daily, but I was surprised when I came back that my clothes were on the floor. It was generally a good stay though and would definitely book again when I visit Chiang Mai.