Banilah Reviews

11 Sotesueksa Road., Changphuek, Muang, Chiang Mai, Thailand

It's worth it for the price I've paid to get a private single room, though the shower room with toilet being outside the bed room.

Having the shower head face the toilet paper meant it was hard to keep it from getting soggy. Overall it was a great stay - amd the staff were the most helpful and kind of any hostel I have stayed at. I would definitely recommend to anyone looking for a quiet place, close to the old city, and with a great atmosphere.

• 25th Jun 2015

A very nice place. The staff are very lovely and they help you with everything. They have the best Ice Thai Tea. Location is 15 min walking to the city center but you can borrow bikes for free. I would stay here again. Loved it.

We had the most wonderful stay here in Chiang Mai! The staff were wonderful and helpful with all of our questions (from getting around, bookings, calling tuktuks and taxis for us, and finding laundromats, etc.) and gave a really thorough and authentic introduction and mapping of the city when we arrived-- make sure to check out all the places they recommend as they are locally run and cheap and super awesome. We loved it here so much we extended our stay from 3 to 11 nights!

Loved this hostel! The staff went above and beyond my expectations! They were so friendly and helped me with everything I needed. I also loved the cats in the cafe downstairs :). Only downside is the location, but it is easy to walk into the old city or take a taxi. Would stay again!

I am blown away by how great Banilah is. I highly recommend anyone coming to Chiang Mai to stay here. The staff is amazingly helpful and friendly. You are always made to feel welcome if you have questions or need directions, and everything the staff has recommended has been spot on. They also sell some pretty good coffee right in the lobby. The hostel itself is very unique and has a boutique feel. It is very clean and safe, and is in a quiet area, but you can still walk to old town.

Our stay at Banilah was just unique. The girls who run the place are the most friendly and helpfull people. You will get a local feeling here. With the right information given about markets, temples, local lunches/dinner/snacks, ... you will save a lot of time looking for yourself. They have a nice and cosy meeting area, you can have a great cappuchino and read some travel books. We normally forget to review, but this place was to amazing to forget! Thanks for everything!!!

Loved everything about our stay here! From the moment we arrived the staff were so helpful and friendly, giving us maps of Chiang Mai and tips on what to see and do. The rooms were spacious and spotlessly clean. It is a little way out of the centre but we didn't find this a problem. Stayed for six nights and would have happily stayed longer! Great value for money.

The staff (especially Nan and Phung) were among the friendliest, most helpful hostel/hotel staff I have ever met! When I realized I forgot my Kindle back in Chiang Rai, Nan contacted that hostel for me and in addition to coordinating with the staff from the Chiang Rai hostel (Mercy), she even went out to meet someone from that hostel to get my Kindle back for me. She really went above and beyond and I am truly impressed with the customer service. I would recommend Banilah to anyone, anytime!

Staff was the nicest staff I've met in Thailand.

Overall a very pleasant stay st Banilah. The ladies who run it are lovely and so helpful, they booked trips, gave maps and even sat down with us on arrival and marked all the places to visit and recommended some great places to eat. Good location about 10-15 min walk to the old city and 5 min in a tuk tuk. Great cafe with lots of cats and plays jazz all the time! Nice bakery around the corner for breakfast, cheap laundry service next door and scooter rental! Highly recommended place to stay.

• 7th Apr 2015

One of the best places I've stayed in Thailand so far. The staff is incredibly helpful and nice, they recommended a lot of places to see or grab a bite at in the area and it was obvious that they really cared about us and wanted to make sure we have a great time not only at their hotel but also in Chiang Mai and Thailand in general.

• 5th Apr 2015
  • Hungary

Definitely a nice, clean place to stay and the staff was helpful. Only cons were the area didn't have that many things to do, except there is a nice cafe near the hostel, and on my last night I had to change rooms, which it seems is common procedure there. Otherwise, a good stay.

Banilah is actually like a hotel at hostel prices! Incredible service and local information from the staff, who will give you a personal 30min information session on the local area and how to get around. Room cleaned every day. Beautiful home made soap. Also the reception is actually a cat cafe! Location is right by a great local food market but a decent walk to town.

Gorgeous little hotel north of the tourist area. It is a short walk/ tuk tuk from the old town, but here you're staying amongst locals and away from all the tourist traps- it's a much calmer and authentic experience. Heaps of great local (and cheap) eateries nearby, lots of convenience stores, and make sure to try out the blind massage a street away- amazing. Staff are brilliant, the welcome meeting and map are a treat, rooms arecleaned daily and there are pushbikes to hire. Highly recommended!

Love the staff and cats there! Staff showed really good recommendations.

What a great place to stay! The girls who work there are so helpful. The owner sat us down on arrival, gave us free maps and highlighted all the best places to visit. She also recommended great local places to eat among other useful bits of advice. With any requests the girls were extremely helpful, including booking tours and taxis. The room was vintage-style and good value for money. The staff really made this place a wonderful stay, they were really kind, caring and friendly.

Wonderful hotel. I would stay again, especially as a couple and recommend it to my parents. It's outside the old town, but they give you such a great intro and maps to help you arrange yourself. Love the cats! You can find much cheaper rooms in other places, but it's worth the cost. Take the red songtheow from the airport - you'll only pay maybe 60 baht per person rather than 200 for a taxi.

The staff at Banilah was excellent. They were all very friendly and helpful. You can ask them anything and they were willing to go out of their way and give you their best opinion. The place is located in a more quiet area away from old city, but it is not to far. I highly recommend this place.

• 1st Mar 2015

Awesome hostel when it comes to service, among all the places I have been this hostel have given us the very best personalized service starting from the moment we check-in. If you are the kind who have come to Chiang mai with zero itinerary and no plans, they will brief you through accompanied with a colorful guide and map on the best places to go and awesome food to try.. Thumbs up to the team at Banilah!