Banilah Reviews

11 Sotesueksa Road., Changphuek, Muang, Chiang Mai, Thailand

Ob, the lovely lady owning this place was super helpful, patient and funny. I would totally come back to this place, only to see her again. Unfortunately our bathroom was a tiny bit moldy, but not awfully bad. Great and cheap place!

• 15th Sep 2014

Great staff. They were all very friendly and helpful. I was given excellent info on what to see and where to eat. Room was modern, clean and comfortable. Lots of good eating options nearby run by friendly local people. I enjoyed the food at Sunee (local food) and Mr Go (western food and fruit shakes).

Very friendly, helpful staff: gave great tips for places to see, where to find good food. I arrived before check-in time but no problem, the room was ready, didn't have to pay extra. My bed had a mosquito net over it, very happy about that. No cupboard or shelves. The bathroom was outside, that was inconvenient and on my forth and last night I found a cockroach there. The door to my room didn't close completely, very loud at night, location far away from center. House cats at reception.

• 4th Sep 2014
  • Spain

Banilah is a very clean and tidy guesthouse, and offers a very friendly atmosphere. The staff are great, kind and helpful. In terms of location, it's actually really good because even if you're not in the Old City, it's not far from there (5-10 min by bycicle, for free), and you'll get to see the real Chiangmai. Moreover, there's a very lively area west of the old city (Namin rd), and Banilah is more or less between the two. I had a great stay there and would definitely recommend it!

We loved our stay here! The 3 ladies working at Banilah were so incredibly helpful and gave us all the information we needed to know about Chiang Mai. When we were planning our trip to Pai, we wanted to book one 2 day jungle trek and elephant training and the ladies suggested we do another one for a cheaper price! They really helped us and never once pushed an excursion or anything on us. The room itself was great! Nice and clean, and they provided towels and water every day. The Old City is ab

The ladies that run this place are awesome. She made time for us to tell us restaurants, things to do and see, what to spend and what's too much. Super friendly staff

• 18th Aug 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Absolutely LOVE staying at Banilah. Me and my friend had a double room. Cleaned everyday, bathroom was clean, AC and fan and a TV with some good channels with films! The staff are THE BEST!!! They sit you down when you arrive and talk you through everything you want to do. They book it all for you and their reccomendations are THE BESTTTTT!!!!!! Stay here if you get the chance as its not going to disappoint!

Ob and her staff are amazingly helpful. Enjoyed every moment I wss there and stayed much longer than I originally planned. will certainly be back. David and Dan Dan

• 13th Aug 2014

Nice staff,nice lobby,nice cats,very good stay in Chiangmai,and I will go again in Winter,I think the price is very worthy for the such good service,in China,you may pay triple for the service like this.

• 11th Aug 2014
  • China

Very lovely hotel with many cats. I like a big , fat cat most. Very cute ! Room is very clean and comfortable. When check-in, a lady ( i think owner ), took a map and showed location where to go, what to eat . Very friendly staff. Hotel is also near Niman and Maya (about 5 mins by motor or walking about 15 mins ). If i return to Chiang Mai, i will stay here again.

Lovely hotel not a hostel very convenient, clean, beautiful with excellent caring staff who were like family..my boyfriend and I had a great time. I've been their twice before and anticipate going again in the near future..Cheers happy travels

Nice staff, bathroom not so clean and a bit inconfortable because it is outside of the room.

This place was our favorite hostel in Thailand!!! The women who work there are so friendly and helpful with everything you need. They help you book things, give you restaurant suggestions, and call taxis for you and always with a smile. Our room was always clean and was very spacious for the price. This hostel is a little outside the old city but still a great location. We loved it!

Quite a distance from the Old City. Very friendly staff. Mostly clean room with toilet outside the room.

Staff are the most helpful people you will ever meet in a Hostel (fact). Helped ring elephant park to book our day trip, held our bags and deposited in to new room when we popped to Pai for 2 days. Suggested somewhere to stay in Pai which was also great. Gave us free ponchos when it began to rain. 24 hour security. Sat us down for 30mins when we arrived to suggest restaurants/temples/activities. When we wanted to rent a moped/airport transfer/bus to Pai they sorted it for us. Best place ever!

This is a great guesthouse. The staff are very nice. When you arrive they tell you everything you need to know about the area and Chiang Mai, and they're always around for questions. The room I had was clean and comfortable. My only issue was that the Windows didn't really keep any sounds out and my room was right beside the road, so I could hear other guests and motorbikes at night. Luckily the area is generally pretty quiet.

The staff go out of their way to help you and make you feel welcome, room very comfortable and clean, bit of a walk into the old town but not a problem, would recommend staying here!

Amazing place to stay

• 22nd Jul 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Banilah is a wonderfully unique boutique guesthouse. Op, the owner, was a helpful host with great knowledge of the local area. Being further from the centre turns out to be a real plus as its like a little sanctuary and Op's recommendations of local food are so worth checking out! The whole place is very tastefully decorated and you feel very safe with an overnight security guard. The coffee shop/reception is a cosy place to chill out with great coffee, free bananas and so many lovely cats!

We only stayed here for two nights, but wished we could have stayed longer. Banilah was in a great location away from the old city and tourists. The staff was amazingly nice and helpful. The beds were a little uncomfortable and the cafe smelled like cats.

« first « Prev 1 2 3