9.0
Superb 439 Total Reviews
9.0
Superb 439 Total Reviews
Banilah Located at 11 Sotesueksa Road., Changphuek, Muang, Chiang Mai.
Thailand
Chiang Mai 50300 11 Sotesueksa Road., Changphuek, Muang
90% 439
18.8046743 98.9794349
    Rooms available

• Canada, Couple, 18-24
11th Jun 2016

Loved everything about this place including their cat cafe! Staff are superb! The moment we arrived, they served us complimentary iced tea, gave us a map and highlighted places to eat and to go around Chiang Mai. The ensuite rooms were cleaned everyday. In addition, towels were changed frequently, complimentary water in the room were always filled, TV in the rooms had good channels to watch movies, and great wifi! Although it was a 15 min walk to the old city, you can use their bikes for free!

• mayawilkinson4302
  • Australia, Couple, 25-30
10th Jun 2016
7.7

Very helpful staff and a nice room, but a bit far away from the 'centre of things' and a strange separate bathroom (concrete, with mosquitoes) bring our rating down.

• Canada, Female, 25-30
5th Jun 2016

The staff at Banilah made the entire stay so amazing. I was traveling alone and on my first day, they sat down with me and highlighted everything I needed to know on a map. They also called my reservations and helped me confirm with them in Thai which was very helpful. The location is outside of the downtown square in Chiang Mai so it's a bit further than other hostels, but everything is easily accessible. I chose value over location and it was very worth it. I would highly recommend this place!

• England, Couple, 18-24
31st May 2016

Stayed here with my boyfriend for two nights and so sad we couldn't stay longer! The owner/cat lady was extremely helpful and spend 20 minutes highlighting and telling us where to go and places to eat. The room was clean and we were provided with 2 complimentary water bottles every day. If I ever went back to Chiang Mai I would not hesitate in coming back here again!

19th May 2016
8.0

We enjoyed our stay. It was very clean and the security was great, they even had a guard. Some cute cats in the cafe as well. However, be warned that it is not in the Old City Center as indicated in google maps. But it is a pretty easy walk to get there.

17th May 2016

I had a great stay here at Banilah. I only booked two nights, but decided to stay an extra four. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. The location is a 20-30 minute walk away from the old city, so there's less tourists around, which I like the local atmosphere. The free bicycle rentals were super convenient and I ended up renting a scooter, so it was easy to get around the city. All the cats hanging around in the lounge area was a nice touch too. I will definitely stay here again!

9th May 2016

This hostel is located northwest of the main square - NOT the same place as when you search for "Banilah" in Google Maps. When I booked the hostel, I thought it was on the east side of the square like Google shows. The hostel is clean, well furnished, and has nice decor. However, the building is older. The staff is great and the cafe at the hostel is a cat cafe, so that was fun.

• Australia, Male, 41+
2nd May 2016

This is definitely one of the best hostels I have stayed in any where in the world. The very friendly and caring staff,Value for money and their overall helpful nature makes this hostel a credit to the Thai people. Would highly recommend it and will almost certainly go back there

• Canada, Female, 18-24
18th Apr 2016
6.0

wonderful helpful staff. however the location is a bit further from the main attractions then I would have liked. the rooms are a bit run down.

• England, Female, 18-24
15th Apr 2016
8.0

Rooms were basic but very clean, better then I expected for what I paid. The woman who worked in the cat cafe was so helpful and polite, me and my friend were using the computer to try and book ongoing flights and she really helped us out so we ended up saving over half then what we was going to pay! We were provided with so much info on things to do and places to go in the city as well