Banilah Reviews

11 Sotesueksa Road., Changphuek, Muang, Chiang Mai, Thailand

The staff (especially Nan and Phung) were among the friendliest, most helpful hostel/hotel staff I have ever met! When I realized I forgot my Kindle back in Chiang Rai, Nan contacted that hostel for me and in addition to coordinating with the staff from the Chiang Rai hostel (Mercy), she even went out to meet someone from that hostel to get my Kindle back for me. She really went above and beyond and I am truly impressed with the customer service. I would recommend Banilah to anyone, anytime!

• 18th Apr 2015

Staff was the nicest staff I've met in Thailand.

Overall a very pleasant stay st Banilah. The ladies who run it are lovely and so helpful, they booked trips, gave maps and even sat down with us on arrival and marked all the places to visit and recommended some great places to eat. Good location about 10-15 min walk to the old city and 5 min in a tuk tuk. Great cafe with lots of cats and plays jazz all the time! Nice bakery around the corner for breakfast, cheap laundry service next door and scooter rental! Highly recommended place to stay.

• 7th Apr 2015

One of the best places I've stayed in Thailand so far. The staff is incredibly helpful and nice, they recommended a lot of places to see or grab a bite at in the area and it was obvious that they really cared about us and wanted to make sure we have a great time not only at their hotel but also in Chiang Mai and Thailand in general.

• 5th Apr 2015
  • Hungary

Definitely a nice, clean place to stay and the staff was helpful. Only cons were the area didn't have that many things to do, except there is a nice cafe near the hostel, and on my last night I had to change rooms, which it seems is common procedure there. Otherwise, a good stay.

Gorgeous little hotel north of the tourist area. It is a short walk/ tuk tuk from the old town, but here you're staying amongst locals and away from all the tourist traps- it's a much calmer and authentic experience. Heaps of great local (and cheap) eateries nearby, lots of convenience stores, and make sure to try out the blind massage a street away- amazing. Staff are brilliant, the welcome meeting and map are a treat, rooms arecleaned daily and there are pushbikes to hire. Highly recommended!

Love the staff and cats there! Staff showed really good recommendations.

What a great place to stay! The girls who work there are so helpful. The owner sat us down on arrival, gave us free maps and highlighted all the best places to visit. She also recommended great local places to eat among other useful bits of advice. With any requests the girls were extremely helpful, including booking tours and taxis. The room was vintage-style and good value for money. The staff really made this place a wonderful stay, they were really kind, caring and friendly.

Wonderful hotel. I would stay again, especially as a couple and recommend it to my parents. It's outside the old town, but they give you such a great intro and maps to help you arrange yourself. Love the cats! You can find much cheaper rooms in other places, but it's worth the cost. Take the red songtheow from the airport - you'll only pay maybe 60 baht per person rather than 200 for a taxi.

The staff at Banilah was excellent. They were all very friendly and helpful. You can ask them anything and they were willing to go out of their way and give you their best opinion. The place is located in a more quiet area away from old city, but it is not to far. I highly recommend this place.

• 1st Mar 2015

Awesome hostel when it comes to service, among all the places I have been this hostel have given us the very best personalized service starting from the moment we check-in. If you are the kind who have come to Chiang mai with zero itinerary and no plans, they will brief you through accompanied with a colorful guide and map on the best places to go and awesome food to try.. Thumbs up to the team at Banilah!

If the employee be much more patient,it will be great! Good choice

• 28th Feb 2015
  • China

Very kind and nice Staff! She gave me the local map and explained many local places to go. Cats are lovely. Room was clean and cheap. Very resonable. But if you are sensitive about bathroom condition, it would be a little bit problem with you. Except bathroom condition, everything was cool. And taxi driver knew the hostel name, so you can easly find this hostel.

Perfect place, perfect staff. Had a wonderful stay. Thank you very much!

my boyfriend and I had an awesome stay at Banilah! The staff is very kind, they gave us lot of information about what to do in Chiang Mai and surroundings, the room was clean, and the hostel well located. Definitely we recommend it!

Great stuff and general feel but a little far from the main tourist area

We spent 3 nights at Banilah and we felt simply wonderful. The tasteful garden, the bitter sweet and very particular scent of the traditionally decorated room... awesome! But what charmed us the most was perhaps the host- Ob, a precious and efficient source of information that offered us the best advice about what to do in Chang Mai during our stay. Banilah is, as we think, an unique place to which it would always be a pleasure to return.

Great if you are looking for a bit more upmarket stay while in Chaing Mai. Good location close to laundry, bike hire, the old town and many food options. The ladies who run it give you a great run down of Chaing Mai and surrounds (including maps) which is super useful. 'Café cat' at the front does good coffee and you can hang out with one if their many friendly cats.

Not far away from the main attraction in a very conventient area with many restaurants/stalls to eat and everything you need around. The staff was gorgeous, helped me with everything and explained the area very detailed with their own useful map. The rooms were nice and cleaned everyday. Unfortunately the guest house is right at a busy street and the sound isolation is poor, hence a bad grade in atmosphere because of loud noise until late. At night they have their own security guard patrolling!

This is a bargain for the price you pay. Wonderful owners and staff who will go out of their way to help you. Clean and comfortable rooms.