Banilah Reviews

11 Sotesueksa Road., Changphuek, Muang, Chiang Mai, Thailand

Very clean hostel, staff very friendly and always smiley and willing to help. Location is good, a bit of a walk to old city though. Toilet was on the balcony which ment walking outside to get to it, a little annoying but not a major issue. Overall a lovely place to stay and personally worth the sacrafice of a half an hour walk to old city for the cleanliness and friendly staff.

Rooms are basic but clean, good air con plus a mosquito net. Staff are really helpful, going out of their way to help, I even got a scooter ride to the ticket office to make a booking. Nice place.

Banilah is an excellent place to stay if you don't mind being a little far from the Old City.

Banilah is a great place to stay. Here we met the most friendly hostel workers of our whole Thailand trip. They explained us how to get to every sight, as well as to real northern thai food places, ice cream or non-touristy markets. They helped us with a motorbike rental and even send the braces, that we forgot, to our next destination. They have a lot of cute and clean cats in the community room (our favourite was Heng-Heng) and tons of movies. If I ever visit chiang mai again, i'll come back!

• 25th Feb 2014

Staff are so nice. They introduced to me about Chiang Mai and gave me useful map.

Banilah staff went out of their way to make me feel welcome and to familiarize me with the area. I appreciated their assisting me with dental-appointment transportation; they went above and beyond the call of duty. I will definitely consider staying at Banilah again the next time I'm in Chiang Mai!