Banjos Backpackers Reviews

150 Claisebrook Road, Perth, Australia

slept in a 10 bed dorm for 2 nights. It was very cold and I didn't see a lot of people there.. It's a very big hostel and I didn't like it.

Easy to get into the city with either a longer walk, or a shorter train ride or free bus ride. Had a large, well equipped kitchen with plenty of storage space, and so I never had to wait in a queue for a stovetop or oven, even during peak cooking times with a lot of guests. Large lockers in the rooms. The best part was socialising on the patio in the evenings, however, with Banjo's opening their own bar and disallowing guests to bring their own alcohol, this may change.

good place to stay in perth!!

Thanks to James!!

• 27th Feb 2015

A lot of workers stay here and i got room near from outdoor common area and people keep party until midnight. Can't sleep until they done around 12-1am. Common room is very big which is not that good to interact with others.

I only stayed there again because the female dorm was available, which, from my experience, was the only room where other people respected it when you wanted to sleep at night. The air-con is switched on and off randomly, leaving the room either too hot or too cold. Would be nice to have control over it yourself, rather than having to ask the staff all the time to switch it on or off, as they often forget. Generally, clean and well-located , but also quite noisy and people getting drunk a lot.

Absolutely loved banjos. We stayed here for 3 weeks when we first arrived in Australia and we didn't want to leave - our first and best hostel. Good location, very clean, loads of space and things to do, huge kitchen and the staff were always helpful! And at a great price! You can't go wrong with banjos

it is a nice experience staying in Banjos,the kitchen is big which can allow many people cook in the same time. But the bedroom do not have wifi which is not very convenience.The staff are very nice too and very helpful.

• 7th Feb 2015
  • Hong Kong

Clean with good facilities - loved games/TV room. However on arrival (at 1:00am!) I was given piles of sheets & pillows & told to make my own bed, so couldn't slip quietly into bed like I'd hoped without disturbing the others. The location was not central but was very close to free buses and the train station so that was fine. The kitchen was poorly equipped - perhaps have crockery to rent? There weren't plates, bowls, mugs etc. The clothes drying area stank - relocate so not over a sewer?!

Friendly staff, clean hostel. Short walk to the free cat bus and train station. I had an early check out, but the staff makes sure that someone is there when you check out to give your bond back.