Banjos Backpackers Reviews

150 Claisebrook Road, Perth, Australia

The rooms were huge, beds comfy with good bedding and everything was kept really clean. This is more a place to settle and find work than party. One big disadvantage I'd say is security. Both times I've stayed here I've been a victim of theft. First stay my wallet was stolen and the next time our car was broken into with the passenger window smashed. Others staying tell you of instances of theft and car crime seems to be a real issue in the street. Maybe best to pay for secure car packing.

• 8th Dec 2015
  • Scotland
  • All Male Group, 18-24

The cleanest hostel stayed in Australia. If you ate fine taking a bus to the or walking 15-20 min, this is your pick

The staff member who initially tried to check us in had to apologize because he did not know how since he was never trained properly. When he went to get a coworker for help, the coworker was incredibly rude to him (he was fine when interacting with us). I was incredibly put off by the way he treated his coworker, and he further put him at a disadvantage by not telling him how the check in worked just doing it himself. Furthermore, he continued to get angry at the other worker for no reason.

AWESOME great location, just 1 min walk to station, clean, friendly and great atmosphere.. Will be staying here on my next Perth adventure!

Not a good hostel overall. The internet only worked in the reception area (if at all) and the staff are always leaving the reception unattended, so no help when you need it. It was pretty cold everywhere as well... poor value for money. The kitchen is great though and the staff are nice, but most of the guests are jobseekers, so there are no activities going on.