Banjos Backpackers Reviews

150 Claisebrook Road, Perth, Australia

it was the first time for me in Perth. have spent a good time at this hostel. Safe, clean, quite and the staff is very courteous!! if u are intended to come here i suggest u to spend ur time here....

• 26th Jun 2014

There were many pan broken in the kitchen.It was hard to cook with them. So please buy new one… Cleaning time was inconvenience for us. Why do you clean bathroom at around 9pm? I think almost people use bathroom at the time.You should change the time to clean bathroom.But bathroom was clean and tidy.And i wanted to use wifi in my room.Please more strong wifi.That's all. I hope this feedback will help someone.

• 18th Jun 2014
  • Japan

Thank you Chihiro for your feedback. The bathrooms do get a clean throughout the evening but there should always be one set of bathrooms open at all times. I'm very sorry if this was not the case, I will be checking with the cleaners to make sure this is understood for the future. Thank you for informing me on the kitchen equipment I will look into that . I'm sorry you were unable to access the wifi in your room but it is provided free of charge in all common areas.

I can't quite decide whether it was the clientele, the fact that it's low season or the sheer size of the hostel that lead to the dreary atmosphere that engulfed the place. The robotic staff that shuffled blankly about the place were fairly cold and unwelcoming and the confusing uniforms helped alienate them further. I had assumed a mass carbon monoxide leak when I first encountered the hoards of long term residents, mostly unemployed. That being said the facilities were superb, and kitchen big.

Staff were awesome, rooms were clean, beds weren't too uncomfortable, and it is a short walk into Perth CBD. Met some cool people, and the common room/games room was awesome.

Fantastic staff, so helpful and friendly. Great facilities with free wifi, major plus, and huge kitchen with free breakfast. The thing that let this hostel down for me was the people. Lots of long termers and they weren't really welcoming to newbies, fairly cliquey, and very disrespectful when trying to sleep! Fab hostel though if you're just in the mood for sightseeing as it's within the free bus zone, which is awesome!

Actually good value for money :) But... A bit far from city centre(although YellowCAT bus stop is 5minutes by walking). Bad smell in all area except room.

This hostel is in two large warehouses which makes the rooms quite loud and echoy. You can hear most things that happen in the hallway if you sleep close to the doors. In addition, it is located in a strange industrial part of town that is not the nicest and if you want to go to a restaurant or even a convenience store it is at least a 10-20 minute walk. It is also located near a cement factory and you can hear the trucks going in and out starting at about 4am.

• 20th Apr 2014

I stayed at Banjos for the weekend and thought it was a great hostel. Bathrooms were always clean. The others guests were friendly which made a good atmosphere; I came alone and made friends straight away. It's not right in the city but there's a free bus nearby and a train station. Would 100% come back here when I return to Perth. Staff are friendly and helpful too!

• 18th Apr 2014

- Staff is too strict. You can be fired for nothing. - Some rats in the kitchen - Toaster are broken for 2 weeks no replacement - About cleaning there is a list but you should have the "good face" for the staff

Banjos is a really big backpacker. I would say it best fits those who are coming to Perth to stay awhile. There are many long term guests. The staff is very friendly and knowledgable, so it works for those of us passing through as well. It has a great big kitchen and lots of spacious social areas. I would visit again.

Very nice and clean

• 3rd Apr 2014

The staff were all very friendly. Rooms were nice to stay in and made some good friends. Was able to sleep due to the 12-6 no noise rule. Things were mostly clean. Everyone was really helpful.

• 2nd Apr 2014

Good place...would stay again...lots of people here so the few bathrooms do tend to get messy...rooms are great though...my only real complaint is the terrible Internet connection...this shouldn't happen in a major city in Australia.

It was a great place to stay as both of us are over 40 years of age, staying till we get into apartment next day due to extra day of swim training at National Surf life Saving championship. Very handy to shops and no worries about overnight parking.

• 29th Mar 2014

A big comfortable room and clean place. People always friendly. I wish come back next time.

• 21st Mar 2014
  • Taiwan

Clean and professionally run - would stay here again

Banjo's is exactly what you want from a hostel. It's cleaned regularly, large in size, free wifi, friendly staff and has a great communal area for meeting other people. You can walk one minute to the bus stop that will take you directly to the City. The train line is again only few minutes walk, making the location ideal for exploring Perth. I had an amazing stay here, made friends from across the globe and couldn't recommended the manager and his team highly enough. Cheers Banjos!

• 27th Feb 2014

Hi Ted, Thanks for choosing to stay at Banjos and it's great to see how much you enjoyed you time with is. The free bus stop around the corner is a fantastic feature of our location and I will be sure to pass your comments onto the ever pleasant, hard working staff. Make sure you stop by again sometime Ted

booked to stay here for 5 days ended up staying for for 15 days staff are nice hostel is very clean, very good hostel for a long stay

Hi Mitchel, As much as you enjoyed your stay, we enjoyed having you here. We hope the travels are going well and you will always be welcome back to the banjos family.

Not.enought respect for the people who try to sleep during the night.

• 12th Feb 2014

Hi Celine, Thanks for the comments. It can be very difficult to have a hostel full of people who respect our quite time but we certainly do our best to put sleep before fun in Banjos. In a 20 bed dorm unfortunately it is more than likely to involve people coming and going more than in say a 6 bed dorm. Enjoy the rest of your travels and if you do return to Banjos be sure to return and try one of our smaller quieter dorms. Travel Safe.

Nice place to stay for a long time.

Hi Jia-Ren, Great to hear you enjoyed your time with us so much. If you ever return to Perth you are more than welcome to stay with us for as long as you need. Safe Travels.