Bantry Bay Guesthouse Reviews

9 Brompton Ave, Cape Town, South Africa

warm welcome, good advices on area and on what to do in surroundings

I highly recommend to anyone who is looking for somewhere like home. Very quiet neighborhood and close to Camps Bay, which was my second address almost everyday. Alan is a top guy. If I'll ever been to Cape Town again definitely will stay here again. Not your thing if you don't want to bother yourself by being quiet and respectful to others at nights.

• 9th Jan 2014
  • Turkey

We had a wonderful time in Bantry Bay Guesthouse. Ed and Alan were very welcoming and helpful. We stayed in the en suite room which had lots of character and felt homely and cozy. Everywhere was clean and well maintained. The location is in a save neighborhood, close to the beach and the shops. There is a bus top a the end of the road and it is easy to get to the city centre. We will definitely come back again.

Damp cellar. A-beautifully-designed-with-attention-to-detail-and-good-stuff-in-it damp cellar, but still a damp cellar. We like spacious rooms with volume, so I booked this since it said "ceiling fan" on the web site. It was a small shock when we arrived that our room was without ceiling fan (because it would have cut the head even of my wife if she stood up in the room) but instead a small room with low to the ceiling. Only the two non-en suite rooms should be high-ceilinged with fans.

This guest house is in a great location with friendly staff and clean rooms. I will definitely return.

• 2nd Dec 2013

Staying at Ed's House feels like being at home! We had really great days in Cape Town!

• 17th Nov 2013