Bantry Bay Guesthouse Reviews

9 Brompton Ave, Cape Town, South Africa

My wife and I stayed at Bantry Bay Guesthouse at the end of August 2015. Ed was the perfect host; attentive, informative and welcoming. We stayed in the basement double for a week of R&R after a three-week overland tour. We couldn't have hoped for a more comfortable base to enjoy the sights of Cape Town. The huge bed, powerful shower, lovely decor and sun-trap terrace were all fab – especially given the incredibly reasonable price! It's set in a safe, stylish part of the city too. Recommended!

The guesthouse is really good located for tourists. Bars, shops and public transports are not that far away, it's easy to walk. But for me, it was also important to be able to park my car in a quite street. The area is really safe and quiet. The Hostel makes a really friendly impression. It's a nice, clean place and you can get enough privacy or if you feel like the opposite like me - the owners helped me a lot with information about Cape Town. I would always book again.

• 6th Aug 2015

Our stay at Bantry Bay Guesthouse was fantastic. Ed was an amazing host, very welcoming and friendly. Our room was clean and comfortable with a cool African inspired decor. The communal kitchen area was also always spotless. The location of the guesthouse is great, as its a quick walk to the myciti bus stop which takes you pretty much anywhere in Cape Town. We found this really helpful as it meant we didn't need to hire a car until we wanted to travel further afield. 100% would return thanks Ed

• 18th Apr 2015