Bantry Bay Guesthouse Reviews

9 Brompton Ave, Cape Town, South Africa

Great guest house. I was the only guest at the time (it's quiet in winter I suppose) so was upgraded to a double room. Had my own entrance and a beautiful bathroom with shower in the room as well. The host was great, even though I just stayed for 2 nights. The area is safe and quiet, a short walk to restaurants and supermarkets. Not a place for party people, but for those - like me - who wanted a couple of quiet nights away from the party kids!

warm welcome, good advices on area and on what to do in surroundings

I highly recommend to anyone who is looking for somewhere like home. Very quiet neighborhood and close to Camps Bay, which was my second address almost everyday. Alan is a top guy. If I'll ever been to Cape Town again definitely will stay here again. Not your thing if you don't want to bother yourself by being quiet and respectful to others at nights.

• 9th Jan 2014
  • Turkey

We had a wonderful time in Bantry Bay Guesthouse. Ed and Alan were very welcoming and helpful. We stayed in the en suite room which had lots of character and felt homely and cozy. Everywhere was clean and well maintained. The location is in a save neighborhood, close to the beach and the shops. There is a bus top a the end of the road and it is easy to get to the city centre. We will definitely come back again.

Damp cellar. A-beautifully-designed-with-attention-to-detail-and-good-stuff-in-it damp cellar, but still a damp cellar. We like spacious rooms with volume, so I booked this since it said "ceiling fan" on the web site. It was a small shock when we arrived that our room was without ceiling fan (because it would have cut the head even of my wife if she stood up in the room) but instead a small room with low to the ceiling. Only the two non-en suite rooms should be high-ceilinged with fans.

This guest house is in a great location with friendly staff and clean rooms. I will definitely return.

• 2nd Dec 2013

Staying at Ed's House feels like being at home! We had really great days in Cape Town!

• 17th Nov 2013

Very happy we chose to stay at Bantry Bay Guesthouse while we were in Cape Town! Ed was very helpful before we arrived, providing directions etc and while he wasn't there when we stayed, his friend David was great. The guesthouse has a very chilled out feel, as does the neighbourhood and our room was quiet and had a nice big comfy bed! The location was great - although we had a rental car so getting around was easy.

Ahhhh Cape Town, how I miss thee. But above all, I miss our cozy little joint called Bantry Bay Guesthouse! If you are someone or a couple that like peace, quiet, comfort .... this is the best place in Cape Town. The location is great, as cabs/buses are super cheap, and it's a quiet area with loads of awesome restaurants by the beach area! The host, Eduard, is a phenomenal man. Went out of his way to help with loads of stuff .... can't thank him enough! Thanks Ed for an awesome time!

Awesome change of pace, we stayed here due to a week of mayhem on long street, and thought it would be better to chill for a bit than die! Great house, clean, comfy beds and it feels good to wake up in the morning and walk into a real kitchen and brew a proper coffee. Forces you to explore a different area of Cape town too, which was great, awesome restaurants and bars in this area. The owner was cool, give you plenty of space and advice if you need it.

We had a lovely stay at the Bantry Bay Guest House, and found Ed very welcoming and happy to help with information about facilities etc. The Guest House is close to everything you need including the bus which takes you downtown Cape Town and back very easily. It's also very quiet there and we felt extremely safe. Would recommend the Guest House to anyone wanting to stay within that area.

• 16th Sep 2013

Such a lovely guesthouse. Located in a safe, quiet neighbourhood. Conveniently located close to Red/Blue hop on hop off bus stop. 3 min walk to promenade and bus to waterfront. Ed is so helpful and kind. Loved my stay so much I extended for 2 more nights. Highly recommend for anyone looking for a quiet, clean and safe place to stay.

Owner was super friendly and helpful. Place is small, cute and quiet. Its perfect for people who liked youth hostels in their party days and now are looking for something a little nicer, quieter but still social with access to a kitchen. Our room was very nice, comfortable bed, shared bathroom was very nice. I would highly recommend staying there. Its great!

We had a really nice stay, thanks Ed for your hospitality

• 19th Apr 2013
  • Couple, 41+

Nice place, welcoming and friendly owners....recommended!!!

• 31st Mar 2013

I stayed here for five nights in March 2013. The owners were SO friendly and made me feel very comfortable and welcome. They even offered to let me toss in some of whites into their laundry! :) The facilities were clean and modern, and the location cannot be beat. Close to shops and a nice walk to Clifton. When I come back to Cape Town, I will absolutely stay here again. Thank you so much for the wonderful experience; staying here was definitely a highlight of my time in South Africa!

• 18th Mar 2013

Its a great hostel if you want peace and quiet. Perfect for couples so don't book if you want a party lifestyle. I really enjoyed my stay and everything was perfect. Would definitely recommend it if you looking for more of a bed and breakfast scene.

• 5th Feb 2013
  • South Africa

A lot of atmosphere and a good location and lovely owner.

Great guest house with great value for money. We felt really welcomed and well taken care of.

I would never chose another place to stay, when i'll be in capetown again. this guest house is such a nice place with an interieur where you can find the owners love for details. every room has a decent african style with it's own warm atmosphere. so feel responsable then you an the next one can enjoy this stay in a perfect located aerea. it`s close to cliffton beaches and walking distance to seapoint. if you're looking for a crowded long-street atmosphere you better chose another place!

« first « Prev 1 2 3