Barbieri Granada Hostel Reviews

Calle Fabrica Vieja 8, Granada, Spain

Ideal! No problem is waiting for you here

• 7th Feb 2016
  • Turkey

Incompetent staff, understaffed, poor living area, no hostel/communal activities organised, had to check-out then check-in (forced to move rooms for no reason at all) - this happened to everyone else staying there at the time. Would not recommend.

• 29th Jan 2016

A good hostel in the center of Granada, with very nice and helpful staff. The free breakfast is really good.The room was a bit small, but it had a bathroom and shower in the room and another in the corridor. It's not very easy to find, so before going there print a map with directions. Recommend this hostel.

Great place! Nice location, and very friendly staff (thank-you Ian and Valentino for all your help and kindness). We had a lovely stay here for a great price and very much enjoyed our time in Granada. Would love to visit this place again some day.

• 26th Jan 2016
  • New Zealand

Firstly there were problems with the room, but the stuff solved that and finally we had very nice time in this place. Very clean, the stuff very friendly and perfect localization.

• 26th Jan 2016
  • Poland
  • All Male Group, 18-24

A great hostel in Granada. Positives: Got updated to a twin room from a 4 person dorm (unfortunately when extending our stay got charged for it) Simple breakfast included Good location Value for money is spot on Negatives: Staff barely spoke English which made it hard to communicate Expensive laundry facilities

Everything was great! The location, the staff, the room. Really comfortable little hostel to go and explore Granada.

• 21st Jan 2016

The room was not well cleaned before we arrived, there were weird blood and grease like stains on the mattresses and other people's personal belongings in the room from previous stays. The heat DID NOT WORK. Also there was no hot water in our shower and the bathroom was disgusting! The staff was not friendly especially compared to the amazing experiences I've had elsewhere. Also the wifi DID NOT WORK and there are no outlets by the beds!! Honestly I do not understand this hostels rating!

• 16th Jan 2016

Really enjoyed staying here! Great big rooms and good bathroom facilities. Very secure and safe. Awesome staff! Awesome location for walking to all the major sites!

• 14th Jan 2016

Overall our stay here was great, awesome location close to all the main sites, rooms were lovely and comfortable, the bathroom was nice and kept very clean and the breakfasts were decent. However, on our last night the staff had a 'gathering' at the hostel, drinking and chatting loudly until 1am, 2 hours after the noise curfew. Put us in a very awkward position as we had to ask them to be quiet (to no avail). The male overnight staff member was great and always allowed us to have breakfast early

For what we paid for everything was pretty good. We originally booked a four all female room but ended up with a private room and it had its own sink which was pretty cool. The only bad thing was we were on the fourth floor and the wifi did not reach up there. Also we had to jiggle the keys quite a bit for both the main entrance and our room door. Other than that if you are not too picky this places does the job with a hot shower which I appreciate.

Barbieri was a decent place to stay, mainly because of how good its location is. However, the hostel had no lockers, only a "luggage room" that didn't seem very secure. Also, the tub in our bathroom was clogged, making for a nasty shower experience.

I was a little disappointed by the size of the place. The rooms were very small. The hostel is also little-known; neither the information desk at the bus station nor the taxi drivers had heard of it. I was starting to worry that it didn't exist! Also, while I was gone, someone took my towel and all of my soap! I recovered the towel but ended up having to buy new soap, which was a bit frustrating.

• 4th Jan 2016

Lots of things were a little bit broken -- the front door lock required jimmying to open, the shower was difficult for a tall person to use without spraying water over the floor, the closet door banged shut loudly every time we closed it, and so on. There were also not a lot of public spaces. However, that said, the staff were helpful, and the location was near a square, which was nice, and the free breakfast was substantial and good. It wasn't bad, but our other hostel experiences were better.

I had an amazing stay at Barbieri Granada Hostel!! I booked a dorm but they gave me my own room! The breakfast was delicious, the location perfect and the staff perfect my helpful. Can't wait to come back and stay here again! Muchas gracias!!

Overall a perfectly fine, no frills experience. Basic breakfast options included and great bathroom availability (there was one inside our four bed room and another for general use nearby in the hallway). The staff member who checked us in admitted he was new, so we were assuming that´s why we didn´t get any kind of tour or sheets that were totally dry.

• 23rd Dec 2015

The hostel itself too bad. Nice common areas, plenty of space in our room. However the door in 205 is a nightmare, when it is closed you need proper force to get out. I'm sure it would only take any person with a fileto fix it. The other surprise was waiting for us in the morning. A girl in at 8 am to our already full room. We send her to back to reception to find out if that's her room and she came back with the same information. 1.WHO DOES CHECK INS AT 8am, when it says in rules at 2?

Good location, good people. Shared bathrooms were always very clean.

1st floor shower door is broken, I was awoken several times during the night due to a staff member using some loud machine, room 104 shower head doesn't attach to wall/cord continually disconnects from the water (cold), there was blood all over the 104 bathroom when we got there, outdated key system- my friend and I got 1 key for both of us. Actual, metal keys and you need them to lock/unlock door from inside or out. So my friend and roommate left in the am, locked the door, and I got locked in.

• 27th Nov 2015

The locks on the doors get stuck all the time and it was really cold in the hostel.

• 21st Nov 2015