Barbieri International Hostel Reviews

c/Barbieri 15, Madrid 28004, Madrid, Spain

Overall, it's a good value for money. The only thing is annoying, after check-out almost everything is charged which can be costly for hangovers!

Nice quaint place. Loved the neighbourhood, Chueca is a beautiful area and very vibrant. Beds are comfortable and place is very clean. No real frills but it is nice.

Good hostel, great location fort tons of places with tapas, I highly recommend "El Tigre" if you go, right around the corner and they serve really big portions of tapas with your drink. This area is nice but be prepared for hot weather! The free walking tours are always nice and meeting people is easy. Would recommend again if I come back to Madrid.

My door handle was almost falling off; in fact, most of the doors didn't seem to shut easily alone lock. I wished there had been more to get involved with inside the hostel instead of having to leave to find everything.

Great location, very close to the metro station with lots of restaurants nearby. Staff were very helpful and welcoming. Only complaint is that the room was stuffy and smelly.

Good location and excellent for value of the budget

• 25th Apr 2015
  • Lithuania

Nice and clean but old place with friendly enough staff. It had a locker in the room but not really enough charging points, and not near your bed, which meant I didn't dare leave my things to charge away from me at night. I only one shower was working when I was there, though I didn't have a problem waiting. Overall was a nice place.

Good nice and clean hostel. Only the bed made a sound every time i are moving.

The Hostel location is quite perfect and the staff are really attentive and friendly, although some of them unfortunately do not speak english. The building has a beautiful structure but it needs some repair.

Staffs are helpful, kitchen facilities good, place are clean. Not really close to the center but a 10min walk will.do.Over all, a good choice. I have a very god time there! Many thanks !

I am very satisfied with my experience in Barbieri International Hostel. Low cost for a high quality stay. Moreover, it is very close to Chueca metro station and to Gran Via (Madrid downtown). The unique weakness is the noise outside due to the nighttime "movida", but it is Madrid, so it is normal.

It was an interesting experience. The staff was all friendly, but the place is definitely a fixer upper. The tiles in our room were all cracked, and the lockers weren't all that sturdy, besides this there was some questionable box springs. Every single bed had squeaky box springs, despite the noise level of the box springs this is probably the most comfortable hostel bed that i've stayed in during my past 6 months in Europe. So props for that. Breakfast was also pretty good. I would go again.

• 16th Apr 2015

It has nothing more than the essential. Bed and shower. But the rooms are too small. Also there were only two showers and one was out of service. The kitchen is VERY small. Sometimes it is uncomfortable.

The staff was very welcoming 24/7 and the hostel itself reflects their wartmh. Always with a smile on theri face and eager to help orient myself in the city. So thanx!

• 6th Apr 2015
  • Greece

Hostel definitely needs an upgrade. Floor tiles in the room were popping out, as well as paint peeling on most of the walls. I also booked through hostelworld and the description said a 7 person room with its own bathroom, and the room I was given was actually 8 people with no attached bathroom. The facilities weren't great either, but they were pretty clean at least. The best part was the location: you could pretty much walk to the main areas of Madrid from the hostel.

• 3rd Apr 2015

Excellent location, value for the money and kind staff :) We stayed in a private double room - a bit tiny, but we felt very good in the place and we would definitely come back there :) Staff, thanks for everything! :)

• 28th Mar 2015
  • Poland

Beds and bathrooms were sketchy but good WiFi. great staff, get what you pay for.

great staff! clean, good location... nice cost/benefit.

great staff, nice breakfast and good people to hang out

Every guest loved this hostel including me. I feel lucky that my first hostel experience is a place where the staff and the people create an excellent environment. It's very clean and very well located. The staff is very nice and cheerful people always willing to help out with what you need. Very nice breakfast. I don't know all I can do is talk good about the Barbieri hostel.

• 18th Mar 2015