Barbieri International Hostel Reviews

c/Barbieri 15, Madrid 28004, Madrid, Spain

It was a very nice, but basic, hostel. The bathrooms were very nice, the staff was very friendly, and free breakfast is always a plus. Also, they had a cleaner, who came and fixed up our sheets on our bed for us, which was very nice to come back to after traveling throughout the city all day. My only complaints were that the beds weren't super comfortable (but they were still fine) and, while it was definitely clean, the room smelled like sweat and feet the whole time. Great place though!

Good location, it´s a specific neighbourhood.... some guys from the stuff really annoying really bad attitude exept Thiago really nice guy... the breakfast really poor though

Very bad customers... making noise and dont allowing anybody to sleep because the hit on every girl... also they sleep naked without using sheets so they make all the blankets and bed very, very dirty...

Maybe they could get new bed sheets and blankets? Good breakfast. Clean and tidy. Nice staff. THE ONLY PROBLEM was that the morning we left we were stopped by the guy at the desk who argued that we couldn't leave the hostel because we hadn't paid and threatened us on calling the police. It turned out he didn't check properly and we were badly accused and delayed for our flight. Make sure they give you a receipt as soon as you pay.

Good basic hostel. Not in the heart of the centre, but in a nice characteristic district walking distance from pretty much anything in the city centre. Couple of cons: The beds in my dorm were quite squeaky and the dorm socket was out of order (which unfortunately is a bit of an inconvenience with the sad battery life of phones of the day). Also, you have to pay some 2 euros if you wish to leave your luggage after checking out.

• 15th Feb 2015
  • Finland

This was my first hostel experience and it was great!. I was cheap, clean, in a great location, and if fully included with wifi, breakfast, lockers, and linens. The staff was very friendly!

• 13th Feb 2015

The Hostel is good, but has a lot of things that make us a little unconfortable. The laddies bathroom had broken doors, the breakfast is not so good and there's no atmosphere. A very good point: the Staff was very friendly.

This is my second time at this hostal and I can say I was disappointed with the room: a)The plugs didnt work. No plugs in a bed for 8 people...really? So we have to take to the reception to charge or to stay at the living room.At least the staff was nice to help us with that. b)Mattress protector were dirty...disgusting. There are small things that are ok if you stay one night just but for a long stay I would reconsider.

if you follow the direction provided by the hostel after you get down at chueca metro station, it is very easy and near to find it although it lack of sign. this hostel is near to gran via and sol ,of course it is within walking distance. This hostel provided lift.

Very good atmosphere, good breakfast if we look to the price!

• 16th Jan 2015

It was a good experience! The staffs are kind and helpful! And the location perfect!

It´s a good place to stay for the location and for the price!

My decision to stay was a bit last minute, but luckily there was room. It was warm enough, it was clean enough, and it was quiet enough to enjoy. The free breakfast (do-it-yourself cereal and toast mostly) was a plus.

Even great during late December. Staff was amazing and has a great environment to socialise.

It's a good economy hostel and the staff is really neat!. However due to the central location it's really noisy in the rooms that face the street so take this into account if you're looking for a peaceful place instead of a partying atmosphere

Very good hostel, clean and nice staff!

The staff was amazing! Emmy even made a coke & ginger drink for me when I was sick! Super nice! The hostel is really close to all the main attractions & is in a really cool area!

It is situated in a great place, close to everything, people from the reception are extremly helpfull and friendly.

Generally, the room did not look very clean and there were only two showers and toilets for all the women to share...

This is a small hostel, cozy, clean, homely hostel. Very nice breakfast, friendly stuff and give you a lot information for travel. Also I met a lot of nice friends and very enjoyed the time when I stay there.

• 7th Nov 2014
  • Taiwan

Great location, just 7-10 min from the city centre, really friendly staff, good value for money