Barbieri International Hostel Reviews

c/Barbieri 15, Madrid 28004, Madrid, Madrid, Spain

The guy on reception was really nice and welcoming and it was good value for money. The only problem I had was the noise level.. The quiet hours were meant to be between 11pm and 7 or 8am but these were ignored - the guys in the room next door were shouting and banging on the walls until at least 1.30. The night shift guy on reception didn't do anything even though the reception is right beside that room so he must have heard everything. This room also stunk out the corridor with weed.

The staff and location of the hostel is fantastic. it's accessible to most of the well-know sights in Madrid, everything is within walking distance.

The hostel is really small, but I met a lot of people in the kitchen- it was also great for cooking. The beds and bathroom were clean, and the breakfast was good. The silent hours at night were really appreciated for a traveler who likes to sleep. The metro station isn't a far walk, although it does take a bit of time to get to other places. Hooks to hang things or a chair in the bedroom would be nice, as well as free luggage storage. The twin private had bunk beds.

Small clean and nice hostel people are friendly and helpful staff! they make your beds!!! :) and the you feel safe !!! good choice for price, location and quality. thank you Barbieri Hostel!!!

After 11:30PM whispering only, no music - only a TV, no outside terrace, the tiny kitchen that seats 4 closes at 11PM & so crowded if more than 5 people are there, with laminate floors everything echos, when we asked for our heat to be turned on - the reception said 'maybe you should stay somewhere else", my money was stolen while in the shower which is ankle deep within minutes. Only good thing it has an elevator.

Hi how are you!!! thank you for your review !! im sorry but is our low season and in the hostel was not many people maybe you been looking a party hostel anyway we are a small hostel were you can relax after discover the city, And when you says that your money was "stolen" was in the early afternoon an was 2 people in the hostel myself and other old client ...mmm very strange...

The Barbieri International Hostel is very affordable but offers satisfactory comfort to the traveler. The host/owner is very kind and knows all the ins and outs of Madrid. The hostel has a good kitchen that is kept clean and has the basic stuff to cook some good food.

• 21st Jan 2014

I got in trouble when after a week travel i have arrived to Barbieri International Hostel.The room was not clean and smelt so horrible also bed linen was unfresh. When I reserved this hostel my expectation was better, cuz photos in the site showed this hostel in a good condition.

I really enjoyed my stay at Barbieri Hostel, and I would not hesitate to stay there again. The place was very clean, and the staff was amazingly friendly! I had to stay another week to find an apartment, and everyone was so kind! We were on a first name basis by the time I left. The neighborhood is awesome, and I am so glad I picked Barbieri Hostel to spend my first 2 weeks in Madrid. Thanks, you guys!! -Khephra-

A very nice hostel in a good location with easy access to the main sites in Madrid. Good facilities and friendly staff, who were very helpful.

Not bad at all.

It s nothing about the hostel itself. BUt the atmosphere wasn t there to meet people and to enjoy the time with others there. I recommend it if you only want to sleep there.

Average hostel. Quite old beds and linen, the walls need some paint. Breakfast was ok and the staff was friendly. Good value for money though.

Everything went great while i stayed in the hotel. Not too far (for me) from the things to see and the staff (weekend staff at least because it's the one i got to meet) :P was really nice. But im sure all the staff is like that :) :P And met some nice people also while staying there.

Good Location, staff was great !

• 25th Oct 2013
  • Dominican Republic

Great location! Chueca has excellent bars & tapas. Fabio was very friendly & gave us some good tips for where to go. Its easy to walk to the main sites or also catch the metro. We also booked through the hostel to stay at Barbieri in Granada which was good. Ana was so helpful and went out of her way for us.

I'm glad we stayed here, but there were a couple downfalls. We were in the 6bed F room. We arrived late after a long day of traveling & the man at the front desk was so rude. Lockers were too small, & I had to leave my large backpack unprotected in the room w 5 other girls I didn't know, which was scary. Nothing was stolen, but still a bit nerve-wracking. Hostel was SO HARD TO FIND!!! Good area though. The whole place was very clean and the beds were made for you daily. Good wifi. Decent for $$

• 22nd Oct 2013

Sorry Christina for your experience as you red in the other review for us is very important the personal attention, please send us and email for all the details booking@barbierihostel.com. The lockers are new and standar size to keep your important belongings as a laptops, mobiles devices, documents photo cameras..etc Thank you for your review Fabio barbieri hostels