Barbieri International Hostel Reviews

c/Barbieri 15, Madrid 28004, Madrid, Spain

- don't charge to keep luggage when there is no safety - offer lockers -buy better breackfast product -don't let people making noice untile 4 am -control airconditionning

• 18th Jul 2014

dear Audrey sorry for your experience, you dont have a locker in your room becouse you had a room upgrade in 2 beds rooms instead 7 beds room, our storage room is safer control by our receptionist 24hours, the air condition control is in the room maybe you havent see it :(, the Breakfast product is coming from the local supermarker DIA, the people who lives in Madrid do the diary shopping there . thank you for your review ;)

this hostel had a great friendly atmosphere about it. the staff were very accommodating and extremely willing to help out and answer any questions. the rooms were a good size and air conditioned as well. the was breakfast supplied which included croissants, muffins, toast, cereal, tea, coffee and juice. the people who came to stay at the hostel were friendly and we would all go out at night and hang out during the day as well. i would definitely recommend this hostel to anyone.

A really good place,clean and with excellent breakfast!

Told the night receptionist guy that there were no toilet paper in one bathroom and he did nothing about it. Neither did he wash his hands after going to the bathroom.

im glad that the hostel is situated in a very nice location near Gran Via and is kind of between the area of the palace and the area of the 3 museums. the only problem i would have to say abt the location is that i didnt research about Chueca (the area that the hostel is located at) is actually a popular spot for teens, bars, night life and gay/lesbian activities. i was shocked when i went back to hostel one night and found that the street was full of drunk ppl. that was a bit dangerous.

Good Hostel, great staff, great location.

• 30th Jun 2014

Really loved our stay! Great location, casual vibe and good kitchen. Good free breaky too of toast, cereal, juice tea and coffee. Great location to walk around Madrid. We had a twin room which overlooked the street which was fun to have a wine and people watch. A lot of food around and supermarket a few doors down.

It's definitely good value for money as you get breakfast included in the price. On the down side the atmosphere may be a little dull, but great for resting after travelling and sightseeing all day. The living room is nice. The kitchen is small but okay. The common areas are not big in general. But all in all, it's alright.

• 13th Jun 2014
  • Norway

The place is Ok. Good location and free breakfast and internet.

had good time staying in this place, met new acquaintances and friends. staff are nice and no other words to say.. just great!

love this place. was there before, will be back again.....

Nice smiley staff and good location. Value for money I can totally say it's just perfect!

We used the hostel to sleep in only while attending a friends wedding. the facillities were adequate and much as expected for that type of accomodation. My only concern was having to walk through the 24 hour manned reception everytime me and my room mate neede to go to the toilet. his was not described inany part othe booking process and I think would have put me off staying there had I known

• 29th May 2014

The building is Really old , this is the first hostel where i have to my bed, the bed linen is old but clean The mattres is Really bad and old

Seemed safe, but the set up of the building didn't allow for a lot of interaction between hostel guests. The bathrooms also were somewhat dingy and the shower heads were broken and the bathroom stalls didn't lock. We paid for a 6-bed but it was actually a 7-bed, not enough outlets in the room for everyone to charge their electronics. The lockers were a nice touch though.

Cheap, clean, friendly hostel in a good location. Provided each person in our group with their own key, including a key to a free locker for each of us in the dorm. Walking distance to all of the good stuff, and the worker who checked us in (Fabio) gave us a free map and personally marked on it where we were and the easiest routes to nearby food sources and historic sites. Serviceable free breakfast and a nice kitchen rounded out an overall great experience.

This hostel was really cheap and that's definitely the best part about it. Nothing to recommend it otherwise. It's pretty small and cramped, with decent facilities but not much space. I have no real complaints. There are good lockers in the rooms (some are broken), the wifi is very good and the staff is helpful. They have a great location near the center of the city. I wish they'd been a better common area and nicer washrooms, that's about it.

A bigger sign at the door would help people to find the hostel more easily, since there is only a small one at the doorbell. In one of the days I've spent there a staff member refused to turn off the air conditioner saying he didn't have the remote control. Another guy from the staff turned it off as soon as I asked. A friend of mine had his soap, toothbrush and shampoo stolen. I can't figure out why would anyone do that but... Despite these little problems it was a good stay.

I was told the first night that the computer didn' t work, but I saw it did the next day. All other things was ok.

The dorms might be a little run down, but the other premises are OK. The staff is nice, the location is good, breakfast is OK. Good value for money.