Barbieri International Hostel Reviews

c/Barbieri 15, Madrid 28004, Madrid, Spain

Staffs are helpful, kitchen facilities good, place are clean. Not really close to the center but a 10min walk will.do.Over all, a good choice. I have a very god time there! Many thanks !

It was an interesting experience. The staff was all friendly, but the place is definitely a fixer upper. The tiles in our room were all cracked, and the lockers weren't all that sturdy, besides this there was some questionable box springs. Every single bed had squeaky box springs, despite the noise level of the box springs this is probably the most comfortable hostel bed that i've stayed in during my past 6 months in Europe. So props for that. Breakfast was also pretty good. I would go again.

• 16th Apr 2015

It has nothing more than the essential. Bed and shower. But the rooms are too small. Also there were only two showers and one was out of service. The kitchen is VERY small. Sometimes it is uncomfortable.

Hostel definitely needs an upgrade. Floor tiles in the room were popping out, as well as paint peeling on most of the walls. I also booked through hostelworld and the description said a 7 person room with its own bathroom, and the room I was given was actually 8 people with no attached bathroom. The facilities weren't great either, but they were pretty clean at least. The best part was the location: you could pretty much walk to the main areas of Madrid from the hostel.

• 3rd Apr 2015

Excellent location, value for the money and kind staff :) We stayed in a private double room - a bit tiny, but we felt very good in the place and we would definitely come back there :) Staff, thanks for everything! :)

• 28th Mar 2015
  • Poland

Beds and bathrooms were sketchy but good WiFi. great staff, get what you pay for.

great staff! clean, good location... nice cost/benefit.

great staff, nice breakfast and good people to hang out

Every guest loved this hostel including me. I feel lucky that my first hostel experience is a place where the staff and the people create an excellent environment. It's very clean and very well located. The staff is very nice and cheerful people always willing to help out with what you need. Very nice breakfast. I don't know all I can do is talk good about the Barbieri hostel.

• 18th Mar 2015
  • Mexico

Not very clean (linels etc.) but clean toilets. Very noisy at night because they had parties. Atmosphere very young and friendly. Staff very helpful. Internet connection poor especially if trying to use Skype. It would be OK for some days and the cost is really low!

Very friendly staff who did everything to make the stay enjoyable

The staff was amazingly helpful and friendly! It's an awesome location that definitely helps you experience Madrid.

• 7th Mar 2015

Big thanks for the staff - always ready to help and guide us with their beautiful city! Hostel was easy to find and at excellent location. No complaints, definitely going to visit again! :-)

• 2nd Mar 2015
  • Finland

It was a very nice, but basic, hostel. The bathrooms were very nice, the staff was very friendly, and free breakfast is always a plus. Also, they had a cleaner, who came and fixed up our sheets on our bed for us, which was very nice to come back to after traveling throughout the city all day. My only complaints were that the beds weren't super comfortable (but they were still fine) and, while it was definitely clean, the room smelled like sweat and feet the whole time. Great place though!

Good location, it´s a specific neighbourhood.... some guys from the stuff really annoying really bad attitude exept Thiago really nice guy... the breakfast really poor though

Very bad customers... making noise and dont allowing anybody to sleep because the hit on every girl... also they sleep naked without using sheets so they make all the blankets and bed very, very dirty...

Maybe they could get new bed sheets and blankets? Good breakfast. Clean and tidy. Nice staff. THE ONLY PROBLEM was that the morning we left we were stopped by the guy at the desk who argued that we couldn't leave the hostel because we hadn't paid and threatened us on calling the police. It turned out he didn't check properly and we were badly accused and delayed for our flight. Make sure they give you a receipt as soon as you pay.

Good basic hostel. Not in the heart of the centre, but in a nice characteristic district walking distance from pretty much anything in the city centre. Couple of cons: The beds in my dorm were quite squeaky and the dorm socket was out of order (which unfortunately is a bit of an inconvenience with the sad battery life of phones of the day). Also, you have to pay some 2 euros if you wish to leave your luggage after checking out.

• 15th Feb 2015
  • Finland

This was my first hostel experience and it was great!. I was cheap, clean, in a great location, and if fully included with wifi, breakfast, lockers, and linens. The staff was very friendly!

• 13th Feb 2015

The Hostel is good, but has a lot of things that make us a little unconfortable. The laddies bathroom had broken doors, the breakfast is not so good and there's no atmosphere. A very good point: the Staff was very friendly.

This is my second time at this hostal and I can say I was disappointed with the room: a)The plugs didnt work. No plugs in a bed for 8 people...really? So we have to take to the reception to charge or to stay at the living room.At least the staff was nice to help us with that. b)Mattress protector were dirty...disgusting. There are small things that are ok if you stay one night just but for a long stay I would reconsider.

strange the last sentences of the comment since after this she made another reservation for 5 nights! maybe what she wants is to have the room for herself.