Barbieri International Hostel Reviews

c/Barbieri 15, Madrid 28004, Madrid, Spain

Very good hostel, clean and nice staff!

The staff was amazing! Emmy even made a coke & ginger drink for me when I was sick! Super nice! The hostel is really close to all the main attractions & is in a really cool area!

It is situated in a great place, close to everything, people from the reception are extremly helpfull and friendly.

Generally, the room did not look very clean and there were only two showers and toilets for all the women to share...

This is a small hostel, cozy, clean, homely hostel. Very nice breakfast, friendly stuff and give you a lot information for travel. Also I met a lot of nice friends and very enjoyed the time when I stay there.

• 7th Nov 2014
  • Taiwan

Great location, just 7-10 min from the city centre, really friendly staff, good value for money

Its a small hostel but the location is perfect. Very near to the Gran via, just go walking or take the metro. There's one station in the end of the street. Good value for money. There is some noise at night and can be really cold even with the edredon provided. Its good to bring a coz

Well located, near two metro stations, short walking to Gran Via.

I had to give a "Poor" for facilities because during our stay there was no hot water to take a shower and that was really annoying. Also the room we had was just above the street and it was very noisy, probably because we were there on a Friday night. I suppose it's the price to pay if you want to be in the city center. However, the staff is very kind and helpful, the hostel is clean and the breakfast tasty.

thank you jaremie, and sorry for the puntual problem with the hot water fortunately was only 1 hour the water cut. and was resolve :)

Very good hostel!

Great location. Breakfast included. Locker quite noisy.

Nice place to rest you head for a few nights. It was clean and safe. The staff were friendly and very helpful. It's in a great area, close to everything you need and close to Sol but not too close so it was quiet at night. The only issue was the shower heads weren't able to hang on the wall, you have to hold them, but that's a minor tiny little issue. All-in-all it's a great hostel and cheap.

staff is very kind and friendly. toillet is no key and not so clean. kitchen is small but enough organised.

• 9th Oct 2014
  • Japan

Great location, lockers

Good price and very well located

The staff was excellent... really helpful and always there when you needed them..the hostel is in a central location, small but cosy and clean!!

Pros: It was quite easy to find althogh I had arrived at Madrid at night. Staffs were really nice and friendly. Kitchen was neat and available. Breakfast was also good. Cons: Bed and pillow´s sheets were not that clean. Walls and frames of windows were also too stained and old. Also whenever I moved on the bed, it made too much noise that I couldn´t be comforable. Lastly on my last day in this hostel I found that one of showerhead was broken so that girls had to use only one showerroom.

First of all we didn't live exactly at this hostel. When we arrived we were asked to move to another their hostel, because they had problem with water. So we are able to estimate only that hostel in which we actually lived. Both hostels are located in the central part of the city and stuff is nice in both hostels. However it was noisy in the room due to huge amount of restaurants in the street.

This hostel is in a great location and the staff is extremely polite, professional, and friendly. The free breakfast is, well, what you can expect from a free breakfast, but its better than nothing being there for you in the morning :) The only complaint I had was the facilities-- there are only two showers in the entire hostel, and on both of them the nozzles were broken and I actually cut myself on one! Also only two toilets, one with a broken door thus rendering it unusable.

• 18th Sep 2014