Barbieri International Reviews

Calle Barbieri 15, Madrid, Spain

i don't like taxe for luggage 2 euro after check-in

There was no signage outside the hostel to make it clear where it was in the dark. Very Small kitchen , Rooms were small and very crowded, bunk beds were very squeaky. Although the Staff was excellent

Is a big flat converted in a hostel, so small common areas and no good atmosphere. But good location, close to Plaza Cibeles where the bus from the airport dropped me off and i would racomend it.

Really good experience, good location, good breakfast, good staff, absolutely recommend

The hostel conveniently located, and I liked the fact we get to cook our own breakfast with the hostel providing all the ingredients needed. The staff were very friendly and helpful too! The only downside is some of the rooms are near the road, and the area is a nightspot area, and hence there is a lot of noise from outside late into the night.

It was really hard to find the Hostel, they don't have a big sign or anything, so I had to ask in the restaurant nearby. The stuff was very nice, they gave me a key for the locker, bathroom and kitchen were small, but clean. However, I could not sleep well at night because the beds were so loud :(

It's a small hostel, the owners live there with her family so at times it gets interesting. Everything was clean, and it's a typical hostel so good to sleep in. Not much activity going on inside as there is no room it's kindof small, owners will make any accommodation to get more people in the hostel. One night a small group of people didn't get there hotel and slept in the living room, sucked for us since we lost our only community space but nice seeing the owner help out people

Nice hostel to stay, Friendly staff n good location

• 13th Oct 2015
  • Indonesia

Great Hostel.. Its a kind of small but its confy.... Staff its super cool...

Good value for what you pay. The staff was super amable, beds were comfortable and clean. The street outside is a bit loud, but it didn't bother me. My one problem is that the showers are the size of a postage stamp. Breakfast was good--real coffee, none of that instant "coffee" you get in a lot of hostels.

I like this place a lot. will come back next time

• 1st Oct 2015
  • Vietnam

The location is awesome, in the very centre of the city, the staff is kind & helpfull, the facilities are basic but clean. Great value for money.

Good stay for a couple of mights in Madrid, but the beds are noisy

Staff could be hit/miss. Showers were awful, toilets rarely had paper, and in a room of 6 there were only 4 plug sockets on an extension lead in the corner of the room. However, for the cheap price, I didn't expect much. Free towels and sheets were nice :)

After sleeping here I was very upset when I saw I was covered with bed bug bites and I had to get medication from a doctor to get rid of them. The staff is great but they definitely need to work on keeping their facility cleaner. I wouldn't risk getting bug bites so I don't recommend going until they tidy up. The rest of the hostel is fine with a good free breakfast.

• 15th Aug 2015

she always trying her best so the costumers feel gooid free sangria party

The staff was very friendly and the rooms were very clean, however could use a slight update on the walls and floors. I also arrived a couple of hours before check in and they were very accommodating with storing my luggage and allowing me to use the facilities. The common room could maybe use a few board games so the guests can interact more but all in all as a single traveller it was a great experience.

Shower facilities below average, wifi was excellent, overall pretty rundown but still a nice place to stay.

Staff was very kind, helpful, he told me all sightseeing point, shopping area and super market with Map we didn't ask though. It helped a lot! The room was clean, air conditioned. In outside was noisy till 2 or 3 o'clock.. There is a bar the downstairs, but I stayed Saturday night that's why(!?) A bit difficult to find this hostel, you can rely on google map, and just look carefully at the nameplate one by one! It was average hostel, but staff was excellent!

AC only allowed from 11pm til 6am... not ideal when it's 37C outside. Other than that rooms were fine, staff were super friendly and helpful with any questions. Great laundry service totally worth the money.