Barbieri Sol Hostel Reviews

Victoria 6 piso 2 Madrid, Madrid, Spain

good hostel. Facilities was average, but the locationwas the best!

I had a really nice stay at the hostel, nice people and atmosphere. My husband was in a room near the street so it was quite noisy but I was in another room and I had a really good night of sleep.

• 28th Jul 2014

Had a great time here. Booked a dorm room but was actually given a single at no extra cost! Friendly, helpful staff and unbeatable location.

Amazing value for money. Bathroom with shower and toilet tiny. But overall clean and friendly stay with in an amazing location

This hostel is a great place to stay!! The location is very good, in the main center of Madrid! The staff is very friendly and helpful. Most important thing for me it's that the hostel is very clean! I highly recommend this place! :))))

THANKS FOR YOU REVIEW :)

Nice little place, was cheap a bit hard to find but all in all good wifi and value for my money

Good staff! They were overbooked so they sent us to another hostel 2min from there. We could still use the facilities so it didn't matter for us to sleep somewhere else. The hostel is well located!

A good Hostel with a very nice atmosphere and efficient and friendly staff. Good terrace to relax and standard hostel breakfast. The "small bathroom" many people write about is ok and doesnt matter!

we only stayed there one night but it's ideally located in the city centre. the rooms and common areas are clean and spacious. the bathrooms perhaps not so big, but over all good value for money.

Great lhostel location but the hostel looked and felt depressing, with no atomosphere at all. The staff where okay but rude and unsympathetic when they ruined a few items clothing that I wash there

one of the best hostel ever, wonderful terrace and the nicest staff

Very nice place but felt the atmosphere was a bit dry. We have no complaints in regard to cleanliness and facilities, and it was very close to everything. We also found that the best dinner places and clubs were around us which was very fortunate.

• 15th Jun 2014

Absolutely great location, at the heart of Madrid at Puerta del Sol. The hostel is very small so you won't find many peoplo to hangout in the common rooms. Bedroom and bathroom were ok but for the price of the hostel, it's incridible.

Nice Location and very nice Staff. we can do most of tourist things on foot. Orlando the reception guy is very friendly and helpful.

Nice location and friendly staffs! Bathrooms are little bit shabby but worth enough for low charges.

Hostel is set at great location, in the heart of the city, surrounded with several restaurants and shops, and three-minute walk far away from city center, Peurta del Sol square. Hostel is clean, staff is lovely, bathrooms are nice and clean, breakfast is also decent. There is large balcony where you can enjoy in your breakfast or night drinks. The only drawback is that Wifi is working around reception but with week signal at the room. All in all, great place and I would definitely recommend it.

THANKS FOR YOUR REVIEW :)

Narrow staircase up to second floor. Difficult door to open. Only none staff member speaks English. Bag check costs €5 until 11pm. Wifi was alright when it was working. Terrace was a let down and locked at 11pm. Kitchen also, and has almost no bench space, oven doesn't work. Wiring to equipment exposed. Beds were falling apart and upper bunk very close to lower. Showers didn't drain properly and had to hold shower head. Location is good, and easy to find. Staff didn't offer local tips.

The loudest place I know. Our window was directly at a street with some bars in it. It had no isolation. First night I fell asleep at 4 after 4 hours of lying awake. The Security is not ok, especially for women. Not everyone in the staff speaks English. And then they just won`t let you in. In the street there are a lot of drunk men bothering women. Imagine as a woman that you stand at the front door and the staff does not let you in while a drunk man is following you. Do you want that?

THANKS FOR YOUR COMMENT SORRY LOT ABOUT THAT SITUATION, BUT IS SOMETHING EXTERNAL TO OUR HOSTEL WE CAN NOT CONTROL, WE ARE SURROUNDED BY HEART FULL OF TOURISTS BARS THAT ARE DRINKING PARTY And we, IS AN IMPOSSIBLE SITUATION BY TO CONTROL THE HOSTEL

Good place, amazing location, nice people. Some staff I liked better than others. They have quiet hours from 11pm to 7am, which is both good and bad :) it's a great place and I'd definitely stay again. P.S. I was female and traveling alone, and there were others too, and we felt perfectly safe here.

• 18th May 2014

The place is very good and very clean, the terrace is amazing, the staff is helpful, is very good locate, I recommend too every body.