Barbieri Sol Hostel Reviews

Victoria 6 piso 2 Madrid, Madrid, Spain

Best location, very nice staff- I will definitely come back

Room with a balcony, but not very safe. We always locked it while leaving the room. Breakfest very poor, only toasts with nutella and jam. We bought our own grocieries and made better dishes. Kitchen is open during the day, so it is possible even to cook a dinner. But coffee and tea is not available apart from breakfest. Not all staff members speak English. Sink and a shower in the room, toilet shared in the corridor. I would say it was rather expensive for these conditions.

we sorry about you didn't. the balconies are typical spanish balconies. breakfast consists of milk, fruit juice, coffee, we like white bread, brown bread, butter, jam in different flavors, nutella, cereals in different flavors, croissant and muffins, sorry if that was not enough, you have reason about not everybody in my staff speak english and your reservation was not for a room with private bath, your reservation was in a room with shared bathroom, sorry for the inconvenience

The rooms on the streets are quite noisy. A need for a better organisation of the room would be great: in 6 days I slept in 4 rooms... The breakfast is great, as is the terrace. The staff is also nice and helpful.

• 29th Sep 2014

very nice place to stay. last time i stayed in the other barbieri hostel but because that was full i tried this one. location is very good, staff very friendly and they have everything you need. bring earplugs for the nights, madrid is 24h city so central location means noice in the night. points for improvement: more plug sockets in room and providing for garbage separation, there are notices to take care of the environment and I think that separating garbage is part of that

Nice place to stay. Walking distance from most attractions. Friendly staff n friendly environment. Only let down is kitchen and open air lounge area closes at 11pm. After 11pm you need to look for a pub or bar to hangout.

Brilliant location, extremely clean and super helpful staff. Highly recommend if you are looking for a budget space at a central location.The location is so good that we had to take the metro only once. The staff is very sweet, ever smiling and always ready to help. The common spaces, toilets and kitchen were kept clean day and night.The location is a bit noisy but after a day of walking, we slept easily. The showers in the room where a bit of a squeeze. Wifi works. Breakfast included.

good hostel. Facilities was average, but the locationwas the best!

I had a really nice stay at the hostel, nice people and atmosphere. My husband was in a room near the street so it was quite noisy but I was in another room and I had a really good night of sleep.

• 28th Jul 2014

Had a great time here. Booked a dorm room but was actually given a single at no extra cost! Friendly, helpful staff and unbeatable location.

Amazing value for money. Bathroom with shower and toilet tiny. But overall clean and friendly stay with in an amazing location

This hostel is a great place to stay!! The location is very good, in the main center of Madrid! The staff is very friendly and helpful. Most important thing for me it's that the hostel is very clean! I highly recommend this place! :))))

THANKS FOR YOU REVIEW :)

Nice little place, was cheap a bit hard to find but all in all good wifi and value for my money

Good staff! They were overbooked so they sent us to another hostel 2min from there. We could still use the facilities so it didn't matter for us to sleep somewhere else. The hostel is well located!

A good Hostel with a very nice atmosphere and efficient and friendly staff. Good terrace to relax and standard hostel breakfast. The "small bathroom" many people write about is ok and doesnt matter!

we only stayed there one night but it's ideally located in the city centre. the rooms and common areas are clean and spacious. the bathrooms perhaps not so big, but over all good value for money.

Great lhostel location but the hostel looked and felt depressing, with no atomosphere at all. The staff where okay but rude and unsympathetic when they ruined a few items clothing that I wash there

one of the best hostel ever, wonderful terrace and the nicest staff

Very nice place but felt the atmosphere was a bit dry. We have no complaints in regard to cleanliness and facilities, and it was very close to everything. We also found that the best dinner places and clubs were around us which was very fortunate.

• 15th Jun 2014

Absolutely great location, at the heart of Madrid at Puerta del Sol. The hostel is very small so you won't find many peoplo to hangout in the common rooms. Bedroom and bathroom were ok but for the price of the hostel, it's incridible.

Nice Location and very nice Staff. we can do most of tourist things on foot. Orlando the reception guy is very friendly and helpful.