Barbieri Sol Hostel Reviews

Victoria 6 piso 2 Madrid, Madrid, Spain

For how cheap it is, it's a great value. I stayed in a six person room for two nights and ended up booking two more in a double. The bed in the double was very comfortable but it was a pain to have to go down the hall to the bathroom. Breakfast is standard toast and coffee but there is a cute terrace to eat on overlooking tapas bars. The rooms were clean and the staff was helpful.

• 19th Jun 2015

Pretty good! Very recommendable! Big and comfortable rooms, good and clean bathroom, perfect location. And with a good breakfast. Loved it!

The hostel is located in a fantastic area near the Puerta del Sol and Vodafone Sol metro station, which is always filled with people, has a lot of restaurants, stores, etc near. The staff was very nice and helpful, I didn't have a lock so they kept my bags safely while I took a walk around town. The room had the minimum acceptable conditions just to spend the night but the common areas were very nice and well-equipped. Free "all you can eat" (kind of) breakfast was great and the terrace too.

The hostel is awfully old and unclean.You have to put the bedsheets yourself and give them back upon leaving. I won't talk about the sheets which looked like being from the 19th century. You have to pay for keeping your bags there. You have to pay in cash. Worst hostel experience ever. Will never repeat it and would never recommend such a place for anyone. For same money value, I could have gone to a way better hostel in the same centric zone.

I can honestly say that given its quality in comparison to its value this was the best hostel I have stayed at in Europe. Splendid location, great facilities, clean rooms, toilets and showers attached to the rooms, just everything about this hostel was a wonderful experience, cannot suggest this hostel enough.

Thanks for your comment, We are happy you've had a great time in our hostel

The hostel was quite difficult to find for it was in on the second or third floor of a building on a small street. Despite this however, the hostel itself was nice and clean. Decent living room and kitchen for those staying as well. One other small downside is that they charge to use the locker room, I think it was only 2 euros which is not bad, but still the only hostel I came across on my travels that charged for this service. Great location, close to Playa de Sol, a main metro stop.

First of all apologies for the delay with this as I stayed at the Barbieri Sol Hostel about 6-7 weeks ago for 3 nights and I was very impressed. The location is brilliant. Very close to bars, restaurants and night life. It is also closely situated to a underground station as well for ease of travel. A lot of the main attractions are walkable from the hostel as well. I found the staff to be extremely friendly and will accommodate anything where they can. Roof top terrace was lovely

• 6th May 2015

While the location is excellent as it is close to the centre, it means it is very noisy at night/early morning so don't expect to have a quiet night's rest. Other than that it is a great place.

• 3rd May 2015
  • South Africa

They really need to get their own wifi connection. Staff was very helpful, and their outdoor roof patio was the best thing about the place.

Great breakfast. It is not a hostel to meet new people, but it is a good place to sleep and recharge your batteries.

The hostel is very centrally located and convenient for seeing big attractions in Madrid, but VERY noisy on the streets at night (and late). Our showerhead was broken and had to be held by hand while showering or it would spray all over the room. Otherwise, it was a clean hostel with a beautiful terrace. Staff was nice, but didn't go out of their way. They offer a good discount for Flamenco and let you know when museums are free. Good for a short stay in Madrid if you don't mind the noise.

If you are looking for a quiter place in a good location of Madrid then this is the right hostel. I walked almost everywhere by foot and was fine. Just so you are aware there are no lockers in the rooms so you just have to trust in other people not to take your things. Wifi only works well in the living rooms and breakfast is cearal and toast.

Great location Had the private double bedroom - squirmy camp beds but after a busy day anything I nice En suite in room however very basic, had to hold shower head as otherwise a bath Toilet basic/not discreet but can use the communal ones

• 19th Mar 2015

Very friendly staff, nice terrace. Mattress bit dirty and shower mildewed

• 8th Mar 2015

Fantastic location. Plenty to do/eat within walking distance. Only issue is that the lockers in my room had no way of being locked, so I had to carry my bag around with me.

• 28th Feb 2015

In the overhall it is a good place, excellent location right in the heart of Madrid. Staff was nice and helpful. A minor problem is the lack of space and the uncleaned water coming out of the fowssets.

• 3rd Feb 2015
  • Portugal
  • All Male Group, 18-24

The blonde female at the front desk was extremely friendly/helpful. Some of the staff do not speak English. I, on the other hand, only speak English, but did not find a problem here; I just wanted to give other people a heads up. The hostel is very clean. No lockers are available, but I felt safe with my belongings. I reserved a 4 bed and received a 3 bed, which I appreciated. Atmosphere is okay, a lot of Koreans. The en suite bathroom was very small, but achieved its goal. Would stay here again

Good location but an overall small hostel with limited atmosphere and pokey communal spaces. Lockers were small and could easily be a pain point depending on the amount of valuables you bring.