Barbieri Sol Hostel Reviews

Victoria 6 piso 2 Madrid, Madrid, Spain

evrything is good, staff is kind , position perfect, rooms cleaned. the bed are unconfortable, sorry but they are too little, very strange 1,80 cm bed ...

TOTTALY WORST EXPERIENCE EVER. In the begging everything was nice. We booked a twin room with shared bathroom. However you can't sleep because of the COLD. Madrid is a cold place. Owner who is very stingy, slightly turns on the heater at 23.00 and its on until 8am if you wanna spend some time in your room during the day you'll need your JACKETS on you layer by layer. There is an a/c in the room but YOU DONT HAVE AN ACCESS TO REMOTE CONTROLLER to turn it on.

Very well located, helpful staff, I recommend

This hostel wins on location for being so close to plaza del sol and within walking distance to everything. Bathrooms are outdated and tiny. It's what you would expect for being on the cheap end of hostels in a big city.

Overall, great value for your money and the location. Right near El Sol, the touristy/shopping area and Plaza Mayor. Rooms differ in size, in-room bathrooms are all tiny but they also have communal bathrooms (with no shower) to supplement. Nice common areas to socialize and the hostel was clean. 2 euro to leave luggage (5 euro to extend checkout). Staff wasn't the friendliest...they weren't rude, just indifferent.

This hostel was perfect for our trip. Everything we needed was there and convenient. The location was incredible. Looking out the window and seeing such an active street was really fun for our stay. Thank you for accommodating our group of four so we could have our own room (with our own bathroom which was nice).

• 14th Nov 2014

Visited here in early November for four days. We booked for 2 beds in the dorms but got upgraded to a private 3 bedroom for free!! It was such a nice surprise! The breakfast was nice. Location couldn´t be better! Very close to the main points.

• 6th Nov 2014

Perfect location, right in the middle of everything while still being off the main street. Staff were very helpful, able to advise on everything we asked activities and food wise. Wasn't a lot happening with the hostel itself - drinks or activities. Possibly as there weren't many people staying. Rooms were clean, decor a little old. Bathroom ok. Could do with updating, but nothing wrong with it. Great balcony area, would be amazing in the sun (not open 11pm-7am or something though)

The location of the hostel was great! My only complaint is that the bed I stayed in was extremely uncomfortable. Also the front door to the building was unlocked which made me a little uneasy that anybody could get into the buidling. Other than that my stay here was good!

• 31st Oct 2014

Great location, two minute walk from Puerta del Sol, easy metro access, safe building. The free breakfast was much appreciated. Stayed in the all female dorm, bathroom was super tiny but not a problem since there are community bathrooms right down the hall. Staff very was very nice.

• 30th Oct 2014

Had a great time at Barbiere Sol Hostel, first I was upgraded to a 3 instead of a 6 bedroom dorm, than the girl at the reception helped me printing my boarding passes. It was funny talking to the guy at the reception though, as he spoke no English and I speak hardly any Spanish. We managed, though :)

Perfect locatob, right next to Puerta del sol. The breakfast is really good as well, cereal, toast, muffins and croissants are available. However, the hostel was incredibly quiet, in fact I was alone in my room for two nights. If you're looking for a quiet few nights in this might be your place.

Best location, very nice staff- I will definitely come back

Room with a balcony, but not very safe. We always locked it while leaving the room. Breakfest very poor, only toasts with nutella and jam. We bought our own grocieries and made better dishes. Kitchen is open during the day, so it is possible even to cook a dinner. But coffee and tea is not available apart from breakfest. Not all staff members speak English. Sink and a shower in the room, toilet shared in the corridor. I would say it was rather expensive for these conditions.

we sorry about you didn't. the balconies are typical spanish balconies. breakfast consists of milk, fruit juice, coffee, we like white bread, brown bread, butter, jam in different flavors, nutella, cereals in different flavors, croissant and muffins, sorry if that was not enough, you have reason about not everybody in my staff speak english and your reservation was not for a room with private bath, your reservation was in a room with shared bathroom, sorry for the inconvenience

The rooms on the streets are quite noisy. A need for a better organisation of the room would be great: in 6 days I slept in 4 rooms... The breakfast is great, as is the terrace. The staff is also nice and helpful.

• 29th Sep 2014

very nice place to stay. last time i stayed in the other barbieri hostel but because that was full i tried this one. location is very good, staff very friendly and they have everything you need. bring earplugs for the nights, madrid is 24h city so central location means noice in the night. points for improvement: more plug sockets in room and providing for garbage separation, there are notices to take care of the environment and I think that separating garbage is part of that

Very good staff ,locatition and good room also!!!

Barbieri Sol Hostel is very good located (around the corner of 'La Plaza de Sol'), the staff was very nice and helpful, the room was totally okay (even small bathroom with shower included!) and there were all main necessary things for breakfast. Furthermore they have a very big terrace and you can use the huge kitchen to cook. The price was also very good, so I would definitely stay there again!

Nice place to stay. Walking distance from most attractions. Friendly staff n friendly environment. Only let down is kitchen and open air lounge area closes at 11pm. After 11pm you need to look for a pub or bar to hangout.

Brilliant location, extremely clean and super helpful staff. Highly recommend if you are looking for a budget space at a central location.The location is so good that we had to take the metro only once. The staff is very sweet, ever smiling and always ready to help. The common spaces, toilets and kitchen were kept clean day and night.The location is a bit noisy but after a day of walking, we slept easily. The showers in the room where a bit of a squeeze. Wifi works. Breakfast included.