Barcelona 4 Fun Hostel Reviews

Carrer Ample 24, 1 floor, Second door, Barcelona, Spain

First of all, the front door didn't have any sign of the hostel. They told us the room was in another building, very ugly one, looking like a prison. We had only 50 in cash and they made us go with all the suitcases to the cash machine just for 5 euros and it was around midnight. The lift to the room was with code, very difficult and old. The room was dirty, including the bedsheets, bathroom, with one empty bottle of soap left there. Only one towel and dirty. The room was nothing like in photos.

• 21st Jul 2014
  • Spain

The hostel itself is nice, a bit noisy, but this is clear cause of its location. Good facility for this money. But it is not clean. There were bed bugs in all the rooms. I have so many bites that cant even sleep now. We put our clothes on the bed, and it was also infected. Maybe I am too expresive, but I am really shocked

I am really shocked after staying at this hostel because of bedbugs. I lived in 2 rooms at different floors, and in both of them I had itchy bug bites all over my body. It's really dangerous, because we found bugs even in our bags, so you can infect your house! Anyone, who has bites.This is NOT mosquitos! Don't put your bags and things on the floor and beds. Moreover the staff wasn't very polite and facilities were below average.We had 4 cups in the kitchen for 11 rooms and there was no teapot.

• 13th Jul 2014
  • Belarus

Great location close to the beach and la Rambla. Our room was very clean and smelt good unlike a lot of hostels that smell stale. Great security and nobody came into our room until we left which I like. Overall great experience and would definitely recommend!

This hostel is located right in the middle of all the fun things you want to do in Barcelona. You are close to the water and also on a fun street with a balcony that overlooks great restaurants, bars, and sometimes outdoor concerts. We really enjoyed our stay and found the hostel to be absolutely gorgeous (marble staircase, beautiful wooden doors, high ceilings). Heads up: It can get very loud, so bring earplugs. Also, it gets hot, so bring bug spray if you like to sleep with the window open.

Overall very good, the location is pretty decent especially for the price. Our room was small and only had one window but oh well. On arrival the very friendly and equally misogynistic desk guy Andrei offered to take us out with some of the other guests which was quite fun. Staff very polite.

Everything are OK, but missing blanbet for sleep & glass for gargle.

Some coffee staines on the just washed sheets.

• 1st May 2014
  • Belgium

it was the 5th time we stayed there, but it was the first time we stayed in one of the appartments. it was very good.

So nice pictures on the homepage - unfortunately our room was in a different house, which didn´t look like the pictures at all. The house was small, shabby and not cosy. - entrance door to apartment didn´t work well > closing it made a loud noise. you heard everybody entering the apartment. - the window facing the backyard (above a restaurant kitchen) opening the window > bad idea. - fungi in the bathroom. - staff was not very friendly, we didn´t get any info at alll. no personal touch at all.

• 18th Apr 2014

Located in the old city among lots of cafes, bars , restaurants and shops the "Barcelona 4 Fun Hostel" is the best value for money choice you can make.

• 17th Apr 2014

It's ok to stay. But the room is very clean.

The hostel is definitely value for money ! The location is excellent, situated near the beach (Barcelonata) and accessible to both the metro and bus station with just a few minutes walk (Not recommended if you want a silent location as this one is quite noisy esp at night). The staff are friendly and all facilities are available like - kitchen, washing machine, dryer etc. Overall it was a good experience :)

The stuff was really great. The location is awesome - close to the beach , La Rambla or Catalunya Plaza. The price was very low comparing to other hostels. I totally recommend the place.

• 7th Mar 2014
  • Romania

unfortunantly i am not very happy with this hostel, i arrived on time for check in (around 12) i was told to come back at 2 coz my room was not ready, went back at 2 and was still not ready till 3. then to find out that i had book private double bed with badroom. but there was 2 single beds that i had to push together ( they said it's the same thing, NOT the same thing). Apart from the above i really liked that i had my own apartment separated from the the actual hostel.

Nice hostel, has what it needs. Be aware, though, that the WALLS ARE EXTREMELY THIN! In some places there isn't even a wall, just some wallpaper to cover an open dorway. You can hear absolutely everything. We had booked a private room to get privacy, which we didn't, and we were woken up at 4:30 a.m. by the neighbours coming home from a party.

Sooooo cold!!!!!!!!!!

• 12th Feb 2014
  • Spain

I lived in a private single room. Advantages: Brilliant location, close to metro station, shops, bakeries, Barri Gothic and La Rambla; facilities- clean bathroom and toilett, 2 computers, warmer (functioned very good), TV at room, comfortable bed. Disadvantages: Privates rooms are in a separate building with NO reception, I saw the owner only once when I paid. When some strange used entry phone, I was little scared that this is a bum (close is situated a little square with bums...).

• 10th Feb 2014