Barcelona 4 Fun Hostel Reviews

Carrer Ample 24, 1 floor, Second door, Barcelona, Spain

We stayed there in the middle of the winter and there was no heating at all. The hot water ran out after 1 bath, so if my boyfriend took a bath in the morning, I had to take in the night. On the last day a few other guests kept talking really loud (from 7am to 9am) and, since there was no worker from the hostel there, we had to ask them to keep quiet ourselves (which generated a bad feeling between us and didn't work since they started talking again after 15min). Also, one of them was smoking.

• 18th Dec 2014

Great location! Only downside is that there's no kitchen. Impossible to comment on 'atmosphere' - for most of the week I was the only resident! Beautiful old building and as long as you don't mind always eating out, I'd recommend this hostel again.

• 12th Dec 2014

No hot wather and no wifi!! We had to buy the battery for the remote control of the air-conditionig!! Very bad

• 12th Dec 2014

Staff was perfectly friendly and very helpful. My boyfriend and I stayed in a private two person room and weren't treated in any different way for being gay. Facilities were clean and secure. Location is perfect.

Room was disgusting. Crawling with bugs. hadn't had a good clean before we arrived. Paid £260 for 5 nights and considered asking for money back on the 2nd day. Went away for my birthday and on the day of my birthday actually got locked in the room. Called the reception and it took 40 mins for them to come and let us out. Wasn't left any towels so had to buy beach towels from a shop as there was no cleaning service in our building. had to pay €5 on the last day to keep our bags in the storage.

They don't mention the credit card fees at the internet. We have suprised when we came to hostel and they say every hostel are same in Barcelona, but it wasn't. This is not acceptable!

Very hot, not so clean. A beautiful building but the interior was very old and had not the best conditions, no AC and lots of humidity in the walls and ceiling. The location was indeed excellent, and the staff was handy and nice. We stayed in the back room, so the nights were silent, except for the noise of fellow floor mates. Not sure if the price matches perfectly with the conditions of the hostel itself. Overall was a nice experience, but don’t know if I’d stay there in another time visiting

• 28th Aug 2014
  • Portugal

We really liked the location of this hostel and one of the staff members was absolutely great - when we told her we didn't have a fan in our room she instantly took down our room number, assured us we would get one by the next day (which we did - and a good one!) and even offered us her own little fan! It wasn't as much of a sociable hostel as we were expecting but perhaps that's just who we were in an apartment with. Overall a fine stay, I didn't experience any negativity!

• 25th Jul 2014

First of all, the front door didn't have any sign of the hostel. They told us the room was in another building, very ugly one, looking like a prison. We had only 50 in cash and they made us go with all the suitcases to the cash machine just for 5 euros and it was around midnight. The lift to the room was with code, very difficult and old. The room was dirty, including the bedsheets, bathroom, with one empty bottle of soap left there. Only one towel and dirty. The room was nothing like in photos.

Pros: Great location right in the heart of the Barri Gòtic with easy access to public transit and tourist attractions. Old house with lots of character. Friendly staff. Free kitchen facilities. Cons: Lots of stairs. Noisy street. No A/C. A bit hard to find (at first). Overall: Simple standard, but nice place and good value for money.

The hostel itself is nice, a bit noisy, but this is clear cause of its location. Good facility for this money. But it is not clean. There were bed bugs in all the rooms. I have so many bites that cant even sleep now. We put our clothes on the bed, and it was also infected. Maybe I am too expresive, but I am really shocked

I am really shocked after staying at this hostel because of bedbugs. I lived in 2 rooms at different floors, and in both of them I had itchy bug bites all over my body. It's really dangerous, because we found bugs even in our bags, so you can infect your house! Anyone, who has bites.This is NOT mosquitos! Don't put your bags and things on the floor and beds. Moreover the staff wasn't very polite and facilities were below average.We had 4 cups in the kitchen for 11 rooms and there was no teapot.

• 13th Jul 2014
  • Belarus

Great location close to the beach and la Rambla. Our room was very clean and smelt good unlike a lot of hostels that smell stale. Great security and nobody came into our room until we left which I like. Overall great experience and would definitely recommend!

This hostel is located right in the middle of all the fun things you want to do in Barcelona. You are close to the water and also on a fun street with a balcony that overlooks great restaurants, bars, and sometimes outdoor concerts. We really enjoyed our stay and found the hostel to be absolutely gorgeous (marble staircase, beautiful wooden doors, high ceilings). Heads up: It can get very loud, so bring earplugs. Also, it gets hot, so bring bug spray if you like to sleep with the window open.

Overall very good, the location is pretty decent especially for the price. Our room was small and only had one window but oh well. On arrival the very friendly and equally misogynistic desk guy Andrei offered to take us out with some of the other guests which was quite fun. Staff very polite.