Barcelona 4 Fun Hostel Reviews

Carrer Ample 24, Barcelona, Spain

I had a single private room and it was definitely worth what I paid for it. It was basic but all I needed as I was mostly just there to sleep. The location is perfect, the metro is only a 10 min walk away and there are supermarkets and restaurants all around the area. I would stay here again definitely. It was well worth the money. Only downside is I didnt see any other people because I was in a different building to the main area. But I was happy with that because after all I booked a private.

I had a good week in barcelona4fun hostel, the place was very quiet, well situated in the barri gothic and next to the rambla. The room was for 4 people and we were 3 so it was big enough, although it was a bit cold in february and the window didn't close properly but with a 2nd blanket it was ok. The kitchen is not huge but it's enough, you would need a new pan to cook because there was only one and it was really old and maybe some more cutlery. The living room and bathrooms were really nice!!

We've had a good time here. It's near the sea and the facilities were satisfying.

We stayed there in the middle of the winter and there was no heating at all. The hot water ran out after 1 bath, so if my boyfriend took a bath in the morning, I had to take in the night. On the last day a few other guests kept talking really loud (from 7am to 9am) and, since there was no worker from the hostel there, we had to ask them to keep quiet ourselves (which generated a bad feeling between us and didn't work since they started talking again after 15min). Also, one of them was smoking.

• 18th Dec 2014

Great location! Only downside is that there's no kitchen. Impossible to comment on 'atmosphere' - for most of the week I was the only resident! Beautiful old building and as long as you don't mind always eating out, I'd recommend this hostel again.

No hot wather and no wifi!! We had to buy the battery for the remote control of the air-conditionig!! Very bad

• 12th Dec 2014

Staff was perfectly friendly and very helpful. My boyfriend and I stayed in a private two person room and weren't treated in any different way for being gay. Facilities were clean and secure. Location is perfect.