Barcelona Pere Tarres Youth Hostel

8.4
Fabulous 1532 Total Reviews

• USA, All Male Group, 25-30
18th Nov 2016

Good breakfast, clean rooms, close to the metro (walking distance) , quiet neighborhood but well worth it! Staff and company were excellent!

29th Oct 2016
6.0

The room smelled, the showers need to be cleaned regularly. Workers stay in the hostel and I had the pleasure of sleeping above a heavy set janitor who snored obnoxiously loud and slept only in his underwear if a woman was present in the room. They did not keep change in the building so if I wanted to get change I had to go around the corner to the store late at night. The hostel is not located near the action but I did not know that prior to booking. I guess I got what I paid for.

21st Oct 2016
7.1

Two things were falsely advertised to us about this hostel: 1. This is not a YOUTH hostel. There is no age limit and thus I was stuck with a family that had a baby that cried every 20 minutes or so through the night. Loud piercing screams that could have been avoided if the hostel was actually meant for youth. 2. There is no late check out. When I showed them that it was advertised as late check out they let me check at 11:30 but nonetheless this was a symbol of many things falsely advertised.

First of all, we are sorry about the situation that you describe, but our staff did not register any complaint by any of the hostel guests that night. We would like to remind you that you and your friends were accommodated in a 8 bedded dormitory. As you may understand, by law, we can not discriminate any of our hostelers because of their age and, besides, it does not correspond with our philosophy. As Barcelona Pere Tarrés Youth Hostel, one of our pillars is encouraging the coexistence and the experiences that sharing a dorm with other users provide to our guests. We regret that you and your friends were not satisfied with your roommates, but we are not able to control a baby weeping during one night. In addition, we would like to remember you that in Pere Tarrés Youth Hostel private rooms are available for those guests that demand a more intimate stay. Sincerely, Pere Tarrés Youth Hostel Staff

• England, Female, 18-24
2nd Oct 2016

Very nice stay, it was very busy so there was a long queue to check in, but the terrace was great and the breakfast was amazing!