Bards Den Letterfrack Reviews

Lettefrack, Galway, Connemara, Ireland

This hostel overbooked me and did not tell me until I showed up for my reservation. They told me I had no bed but the hostel down the road had a bed for me. Thank goodness the other hostel Old Monastery had a bed for me!! Anyways I would not book here ever again. They also didn't seem very sorry and didn't offer a reason why there was a problem with my reservation until I asked and it was then they told me they had over booked.

Great location being right in Connemara National Park. Poor plug situation, no lock on the bathroom door, fine parking, more than just an overhead light would be good. Breakfast average. A bit awkward having to go into the bar and pay there.

This was a good hostel for what it was. It's located right by Diamond Hill and is walkable to Kylemore Abbey. Great location for exploring Connemara. The hostel was a bit dead when I arrived, but then again so was the town. I had a whole 6 person room to myself for one night. Staff was friendly though and the hostel seemed nice. I'd recommend it if you're staying in Letterfrack.

Travelling on my own but wanted my own room so needed to pay for a double, but pleasant room and very comfortable bed, a hairdryer would have been useful

It's important to remember that this is a hostel and not a B&B or hotel, therefore the facilities are more than adequate. Beds very comfortable. Self catering facilities are what is required with a great butcher and supermarket nearby, also a fantastic pub and restaurant attached! The staff were friendly and fun, we got all that we asked for and more. Thank you!

• 21st May 2015
  • Couple, 41+

Helen, the manager, was awesome. She made us feel so welcome. The atmosphere was quaint and friendly and we would definitely return.

• 9th May 2015

This was my 2nd visit to the Bards Den. Since my last visit in 2014 I can see a number of improvements have taken place, including new mattressess, paint etc. As ever, the hostel's location is ideal, but it is the atmosphere, service, and bar food next door that makes it stand out. Vincent and his staff are very hospitable and friendly. The bar food is especially good, wholesome fresh food, reasonably priced. The mussels were particulary good. I have no hesitation in recommending the Bard's Den

• 7th Apr 2015

Everything was perfect especially the location, the staff and the breakfast. Only problem was drunk people comming back late in the dormitory but well... this is a youth hostel in Ireland.