Bards Den Letterfrack Reviews

Lettefrack, Galway, Connemara, Ireland

Travelling on my own but wanted my own room so needed to pay for a double, but pleasant room and very comfortable bed, a hairdryer would have been useful

It's important to remember that this is a hostel and not a B&B or hotel, therefore the facilities are more than adequate. Beds very comfortable. Self catering facilities are what is required with a great butcher and supermarket nearby, also a fantastic pub and restaurant attached! The staff were friendly and fun, we got all that we asked for and more. Thank you!

• 21st May 2015
  • Couple, 41+

Helen, the manager, was awesome. She made us feel so welcome. The atmosphere was quaint and friendly and we would definitely return.

• 9th May 2015

This was my 2nd visit to the Bards Den. Since my last visit in 2014 I can see a number of improvements have taken place, including new mattressess, paint etc. As ever, the hostel's location is ideal, but it is the atmosphere, service, and bar food next door that makes it stand out. Vincent and his staff are very hospitable and friendly. The bar food is especially good, wholesome fresh food, reasonably priced. The mussels were particulary good. I have no hesitation in recommending the Bard's Den

• 7th Apr 2015

Everything was perfect especially the location, the staff and the breakfast. Only problem was drunk people comming back late in the dormitory but well... this is a youth hostel in Ireland.