Barefoot Hostel Reviews

455 Cumberland St, Ottawa, Ontario, Ottawa, Canada

I had a blast!

• 8th Sep 2014

Good hostel. However, it's part of the hotel next door so there is no reception in the hostel so that feels a bit strange. Also, if you have any questions you have to keep going to the hotel next door. But the hostel is very clean and cosy. There is no breakfast or oven in the kitchen. Wifi is good and its pretty comfy and spacious. Also there are two communal PCs which are good.

The cleanest hostel I have ever seen. If there had been private rooms as well, it would have been pretty cool. However, we had a great stay :)

Super nice receptionst!! I rated "poor" for security because you cannot lock your room. The hostel is bascially like a house with multiple dorms. Apart from that great and completely recommendable!! :)

• 4th Jul 2014

Everything is great, clean, cozy, and easy to find. It's a renovated house, 4 rooms, two washrooms, one living room and a kitchen shared by at most 16 people (normally less than 10)

Not your usual hostel, this one is just a big house with room for 16 people. Still great place with all the facilities you might need at an excellent location.

The front desk clerk was extremely aggressive. The email I had received from hostelworld.com did not include prices after tax, so I was simply confused when I arrived at the hotel and was asked to pay a different amount. I wasn't complaining, but she became very upset and rude. She refused to proceed with the payment until we checked the hostel's website. Also, it was difficult to sleep at night because of poor ventilation. The room became extremely hot, smelly and stuffy with 4 people.