Barefoot Hostel Reviews

455 Cumberland St, Ottawa, Ontario, Ottawa, Canada

Hostel in perfect location, 15 min. walk to parliament, cool neighbourhood, grocery store close. Run by tiny hotel next door, no staff in hostel building. Overall, totally normal hostel - clean comfortable beds, good bathrooms, small kitchen (no stove but fridge and storage). Rooms have small lockers. Secure front door. Our only concern was rooms themselves had no lock (even to lock from inside at night)… despite max. capacity 16 ppl, it was surprising and would definitely urge owners to add it

I especially appreciated how comfortable my bunk bed was and the duvet kept me cozy.

I practically had the whole hostel to myself, which was great because I needed a good sleep. Everything was clean and the common areas were spacious. I would have liked to have had access to slightly larger lockers, but a great hostel nevertheless.

• 2nd Mar 2015

This place was great. Though it maybe becAuse I was one of only two people staying in the whole hostel so it was like being in your own apartment. The facilities are great with comfy beds and bedding, super comfy lounges and a great bathroom. At first i thought it was a bit weird as there was no reception but it was fine and they would check in on you. Would definitely sat again and recommend but it could be completely different vibe with more people there.

Great location. Just wasnt many people booked in when i was there. But nice and relaxed place. Good to chill and recharge.

The nicest hostel in Ottawa for a good night's sleep. Not as social as the other two, but much more comfortable. Comfy beds, a huge bathroom, nice wireless internet.

This was my first stay in a hostel. I was really nervous as I didn't know what to expect. The rooms are small but they are clean and the beds are comfertable. The hostel is well maintained and someone comes and cleans every morning. Great location, walking distance to everything you need. Will consider barefoot hostel for my next trip to Ottawa for sure!

• 10th Nov 2014

A really nice hostel, clean and the staff were nice and helpful. The only downside is that they don't have a breakfast, would have loved it! Great location!