Barefoot Hostel Reviews

455 Cumberland St, Ottawa, Ontario, Ottawa, Canada

Super nice receptionst!! I rated "poor" for security because you cannot lock your room. The hostel is bascially like a house with multiple dorms. Apart from that great and completely recommendable!! :)

• 4th Jul 2014

Everything is great, clean, cozy, and easy to find. It's a renovated house, 4 rooms, two washrooms, one living room and a kitchen shared by at most 16 people (normally less than 10)

The front desk clerk was extremely aggressive. The email I had received from hostelworld.com did not include prices after tax, so I was simply confused when I arrived at the hotel and was asked to pay a different amount. I wasn't complaining, but she became very upset and rude. She refused to proceed with the payment until we checked the hostel's website. Also, it was difficult to sleep at night because of poor ventilation. The room became extremely hot, smelly and stuffy with 4 people.

No complaints.

They are paid more than the cost i reserved the hostel world. If guest complain about that, staff is very angry and guest can feel insulted. No staff, can't lock the bedroom's door, noisy outside. i dont understand why guest check in and check out different building.

Absolutely awesome place, when I come back to Ottawa I will definitely stay here again. Highly recommended.