Barefoot Hostel Reviews

455 Cumberland St, Ottawa, Ontario, Ottawa, Canada

Our stay was pretty nice. Facilites are clean and welcoming. However, we were woken up by people talking very loud at 2am (our room was right next to the bathroom) - the doors have openings on the bottom that let the noise in. Good quality price though. Make sure you read all the historical background of the place or else the owner will give you rude comments upon you arrival and talk to you like you are a bunch of idiots.

• 27th Aug 2015

I really liked this place. Exellent location. It was a small place where you check in at the neighbouring hotel and the hostel is self contained house. Wifi was really reliable but thought a stove or oven would have been really useful. Had an issue with checking in. These things happen everywhere but the staff were brilliant in straightening it out and we're genuinely keen to help. I would stay here again next time in Ottawa and so should you.

Quiet and comfy in the heart of town

Delightfully quiet and small. It's not for the 'party brigade'! It's more like a family home than a hostel. You'd be very happy to have a bathroom like the main bathroom at home. An excellent place. I'd definitely recommend it.

I absolutely loved Barefoot Hostel. I felt at home the moment I stepped inside of it. Would definitely stay there again. :)

This was my very first hostel ever! It was the first time I've ever left home to travel the world and I'm only 19! I really enjoyed my stay here and the barefoot hostel was exactly the way it's portrayed on hostel world. At times before I left for my trip I felt hostels would be "to good to be true" but they are actually honest. My journey started here for a music festival and then to NYC to sight see and then all the way to California to hangout on the beach! Rock on youth hostellers!

Nice hostel and really close to the main attractions in Ottawa. The negative point is absence of breakfast.

There were a lot of fruit flies in the common room and kitchen, which got into everything and were quite annoying. I am not 100% sure, but think I saw a bed bug on the fabric sofa. The rooms upstairs were clean and insect-free, though.

quiet place and clean room and towel. Good choice.

Stayed for one night. The house is nice enough. Very quiet and not many people staying. It is run by the hotel next door and the service pretty much reflects that (strict with check in etc) that being said, the bathro facilities and Doonad were great. I ended up spending most of my time down at the backpackers in (awesome bunch of people!) Really depends what you are looking for. If you want a place to chill that's quiet and hotelly but still homely then this is for you

Very quiet Close to downtown

• 7th May 2015

I had a fantastic time at barefoot,it has complimentary shower gel,hair shampoo and conditioner,a second shower and toilet,full kitchen,wi fi that works well and a large t.v. We're you get excellent reception on all stations.it is only a short work to inner ottawa.room is serviced DAILY. THIS PLACE IS A LITTLE GEM. Only down fall is bedroom cannot be locked but all up,I WOULD RECOMMEND BAREFOOT TO ALL ,ESPECIALLY THOSE ON A BUDGET.

Hostel in perfect location, 15 min. walk to parliament, cool neighbourhood, grocery store close. Run by tiny hotel next door, no staff in hostel building. Overall, totally normal hostel - clean comfortable beds, good bathrooms, small kitchen (no stove but fridge and storage). Rooms have small lockers. Secure front door. Our only concern was rooms themselves had no lock (even to lock from inside at night)… despite max. capacity 16 ppl, it was surprising and would definitely urge owners to add it

I especially appreciated how comfortable my bunk bed was and the duvet kept me cozy.

I practically had the whole hostel to myself, which was great because I needed a good sleep. Everything was clean and the common areas were spacious. I would have liked to have had access to slightly larger lockers, but a great hostel nevertheless.

• 2nd Mar 2015