Barkly Backpackers Reviews

102 Barkly St, St Kilda, Melbourne, Australia

It was such a lovely place with cozy common area, kitchen, laundry area, etc. However, the whole place and room were ruined by the long term people. My room was so terrible.

Big Security issue. The door in my dorm was never closed. The dorm smelled really bad as well. Close to zero atmosphere

Very friendly and open minded people. I really enjoyed my stay a lot and can absolutely recommend it to anybody searching for a hostel in Melbourne :)

• 23rd Jul 2015
  • Austria

Hostel is full of long term people who aren't the tidiest

• 10th Jun 2015
  • Scotland

I was staying there on 4/6/2014.Staff"s Karl are so friendly and chat and explain to me whenever I need help,really felt stay like at home,thanks to excellent service from Karl👍

Checked into the hostel to meet up with friends from home, only planned on staying 2 nights and I'm still here after 6 weeks. The people and the staff are all lovely and make you feel at home. And what makes this hostel even better is you can bring your own booze!

• 26th May 2015