Barkly Backpackers Reviews

102 Barkly St, St Kilda, Melbourne, Australia

Awesome hostel everyone is just one big family :)

• 14th Jul 2014

The staff here are lovely and the hostel is very clean and fresh feeling! Great atmosphere and very sociable. We have stayed here several times on our trips to Melbouren and will continue to do so :)

Good party hostel if your staying for a weekend but wouldn't stay long term. Too noisy in my opinion. I think it's very overrated, no wifi in room and no tv room. Drinking seems to be allowed in rooms and got a smell of the wacky everywhere. Kitchen is very small and not a lot of places to hang out. Staff are very helpful and welcoming though.

Barkly Backpacker is the BEST hostel I've ever stayed so far in Australia. The hostel is very new and clean. Staffs are definitely amazing. Many friendly backpackers as well. GOOD MUSIC, GOOD VIBES.

• 26th May 2014
  • Hong Kong

Great place i really enjoyed my stay, the staff is very friendly and they are always available, really nice athmosphere, party but not noisy, clean and very new nice inside.. best hostel i've been so far

• 13th May 2014

My favourite hostel in Melbourne. The staff are brilliant, had a lovely welcome and throughout they were helpful and just great. The rooms are large with enough space for everyone's stuff and nice large lockable lockers in the room, quiet at night. Bathrooms clean and enough for everyone. No TV but everyone was so social didn't need one! Free wifi as well. Great layout to meet new people, much more of a homely vibe compared to habitat or base. I will deffo stay here again. :)

I loved this hostel!!! I had a great night sleep every night I was here, and that is rare when travelling! Atmosphere is great it's like a little family! Staff are wonderful and location is great. Stay here!!!!

Great rates compared to the other hostels in the vicinity. Free wifi in the common area's great, the baths are clean, it's quiet at night in the rooms (save for the creaky bunks). I'd return, just not in the summer. It gets very stuffy upstairs when it's 30 degrees celcius outside, imagine when it hits 40.

Really great place. Just started and they really seem to know what they're doing and want you to have a good time as well. Rooms are super spacious and obviously all of the bathrooms are new and clean. Only think I'd add is lockers in the room to give people total peace of mind otherwise, absolutely fantastic. Location is great for St Kilda, very central!

← Back to search results