Barkly Backpackers Reviews

102 Barkly St, St Kilda, Melbourne, Australia

It was such a lovely place with cozy common area, kitchen, laundry area, etc. However, the whole place and room were ruined by the long term people. My room was so terrible.

Very friendly and open minded people. I really enjoyed my stay a lot and can absolutely recommend it to anybody searching for a hostel in Melbourne :)

• 23rd Jul 2015
  • Austria

Hostel is full of long term people who aren't the tidiest

• 10th Jun 2015
  • Scotland

I was staying there on 4/6/2014.Staff"s Karl are so friendly and chat and explain to me whenever I need help,really felt stay like at home,thanks to excellent service from Karl👍

Checked into the hostel to meet up with friends from home, only planned on staying 2 nights and I'm still here after 6 weeks. The people and the staff are all lovely and make you feel at home. And what makes this hostel even better is you can bring your own booze!

• 26th May 2015

My stay at Barkly Backpackers has been great. The staff were friendly and helpful and the overall atmosphere of the hostel was great. The location was very convenient a short walk to the beach and also a short walk to streets lined with cafes, bars and supermarkets. The beds are comfortable clean and warm. The hostel is cleaned everyday and the linen is changed regularly. Great place to stay would definitely recommend it .

• 19th May 2015

Booked in for 3 nights and have been here 6 weeks. It's the best hostel I've stayed in on my travels so far. Free wifi, clean rooms and common areas, great atmosphere and perfect for both long term and short term stay. The location is also great, close to trams, trains and buses. Can't rate this hostel enough and it's one of the reasons I've stayed in Melbourne so long. You can also drink your own booze here which is great to save the pennies!!!