Barmy Badger Backpackers Reviews

17 Longridge Road, Earls Court, London, England

Its not actually a bad place, its just too expensive for what it offers. I mean, when i booked the room i expected a much better place after looking at the rating and the price, and it is a very basic hostel. You have to pay in pounds (Cash),its not very clean, its lonely, has almost no common spaces and the cheack out is too early.. On the other hand, its not a bad place, the staff is nice and you have free breakfast, the location is ok and it is confortable. Its just too expensive.

Thank you for your review and for choosing to stay at the Badger. We are pleased that you found our staff friendly and our free breakfast. We are sorry that you found some aspects lacking. Card payment is accepted, but we only accept cash in British pounds and not Euros. Our check out is a normal time for hostels (hotels are later, but their check-ins times are very strict). If you found any problems with cleanliness, we wish you had spoken to a member of staff. We have 3 large communal areas, but January is a month in which very few people travel so the hostel was incredibly quiet when you and your partner stayed. Safe onward travels from all of us here :)

Great place,lovely staff when in london the only hostel to stay at.

It was easy to find, centrally located and staff were welcoming and helpful - I needed quite a few directions and help finding places that I needed to get to that evening - thanks Ken! I was generally impressed - much better than the hostels I remember visiting in the past. It is excellent value for money, clean with all the facilities that I needed with the added bonus of a free breakfast. Liked the fact that I had a safe of my own for my valuables and my own area to hang my shirts!

Staff were extremely welcoming and friendly. The managers had a great deal of local knowledge and tips, as well as the usual tourist sights they were able to recommend several lovely smaller pubs and restaurants in the immediate area. The hostel itself was clean and a really friendly vibe. There're several common areas: tv room, large kitchen often filled with other guests cooking or catching up. There was also a garden with BBQ (bit cold at the moment) for the summer. Will definitely be back!

Perfect location. Rooms are clean & have storage space with safes. Staff is incredibly friendly and helpful. Would stay there again if/when ever back in London.

• 13th Jan 2016

My fourth and longest at stay at this hostel. Had a great time. Always a good nights sleep. comfortable and safe.

It was a great week. The hostel was very well located, in a quiet neighbourhood, 3 minutes away to Earls Court tube station. The staff was very helpful and the room looked clean all the time. The breakfast could be little bit better, with more choices.

I loved my time at the hostel. Ken was very friendly and helpful. There is a kitchen available or lots of places to eat just across the street. The location is very good and you can reach museums walking, if not, the underground is very close by with underground lines that go to the touristic places, so it is not even difficult to use it.

• 4th Jan 2016

We stayed there for 3days. The room was clean, with bathroom and the tv set. We was able to use kitchen where it was bread, muesli, nutella etc. every morning. The people there are very helpful and kind :)

Excellent staff

Had a great stay at this hostel. Location is great and staff are wonderful. Breakfast is included in the price and includes cereal, toast, fruit, coffee and tea; I thought this was a really nice touch. Allowed to store bags at th hostel free of charge after check out. Would definitely return!

I'm very glad to stayed here, the people are amazing and the rooms are perfect, hot water all day. I really enjoy!!! Thank you!!!

No WIFI in rooms makes me sad :(

• 10th Dec 2015
  • Ecuador

It was affortable and perfectly in de centre of the city! The staff was soooo Nice and friendly :)) i Would definitally come again! ☺️

• 5th Dec 2015

Some of the toilets were out of order, the toilets, showers and floors weren't clean. The private bedroom was nice and clean. Staff very helpful!

• 28th Nov 2015
  • Denmark

Good location being only a short walk from Earl's Court tube station. Lovely staff on check-in and check out. Sorted us with towels after I emailed reception having forgotten to ask for some when we arrived and we were out for the evening. My boyfriend forgot his shirt and we only realised once we were home so I contacted the hostel and the manager, Liz, sent it the same day and suggested I donate the postage fee to charity as it would cost them to charge my card. Was very moved, good on you!!

Good location, friendly staff. Seemed to be a long-term hostel, although I've noticed this in a couple of London hostels, so the atmosphere was a bit strange for me! The room was fine but smelt of damp as the roof was being fixed and we were on the top floor. But the receptionist was nice and the free breakfast was handy.

Bedside lamp, plug, free locker for every bed!

This hostel is clean and the staff is polity, however it lacks atmosphere i.m.o. Barmy Badgers was a bit dull in my experience compared to most other hostels I've stayed in around the world. We underestimated the travel distances in London and it took us at least 30 min to get to the city by transit. However this is something you will experience everywhere in London, so for London standards the location of the hostel is o.k.

Very great and welcoming hostal, if i had to come back to London i won't hesitate to go back there!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4