Barmy Badger Backpackers Reviews

17 Longridge Road, Earls Court, London, England

Great hostel, nice staff, very helpful, nice location, 15 min walk from Hyde Park (Kensington Palace Gardens side). The only handicap is that the amount of bathrooms are low, so every morning the chances that you have to queue are high. Also, despite being a nice room, mine was on the top floor, 4 stairs from the reception, so you better won't forget anything because go and look again for it will test your legs! :)

Thank you for your review and for choosing to stay at the Badger. We are so pleased that you thought we were a great hostel, liked our very helpful staff and nice location! We have a ratio of 5 guests per bathroom which is quite low for hostels :) Safe onward travels from all of us here.

We arrived tired as from NZ and we could not have booked a better hostel than this. Our private double was everything we needed and the staff were beyond helpful, bending over backwards to help at every stage. I cannot recommend this place enough, my 100% rating is no exaggeration!!! STAY AT THE BADGER!!

• 13th Mar 2015

Thank you for your review and for choosing to stay at the Badger. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay, had everything you needed and found our staff to be beyond helpful! Thank you for recommending us. Safe onward travels from all of us here.

Awesome helpful staff and clean room! Good area and very reasonable price.

Thank you for your review and for choosing to stay at the Badger. We are so pleased that you found our staff awesome and helpful and that you liked our cleanliness, the area and our reasonable prices! Safe onward travels from all of us here.

I stayed here for a week and it was the best decision of my trip so far. Staff was wonderful, especially Ken and Monica. Very easy to meet people in the kitchen area; wonderful location near Earl's Court Underground and central London; very secure with personal safes within the lockers, which were very spacious in the 4-person female dorm I stayed in. the showers are quite small but it does not detract from the experience. I will be staying here again when I return to London!

• 12th Mar 2015

A great hostel-home in London! Love the location, staff are excellent and really friendly, the hostel is clean with a great big kitchen. I liked the addition of reading light and power outlet\USB charger for each bed. The lockers are big - you can fit most things and there's a personal safe in them. WIFI worked well while I was there and there's a back garden which will be great for barbecues once it heats up a bit. Being on the frozen side I love the central heating in this place. Recommended!

Thank you for your review and for choosing to stay at the Badger. We are so pleased that you found us to be a great hostel-home, liked our cleanliness, friendly staff and all the personal extras like the locker/safe combo, reading light, usb chargers, plugs, etc! Safe onward travels from all of us here.

The best thing about this hostel is the staff. Everything else was kind of average. Average breakfast, average room (and a little noisy), cold washing rooms, everything is self-service... We were expecting a little bit more for 40 euros per night. In all honesty, I don't think we'd recommend this place to our friends nor come again. I'm not saying it's a horrible place - just that we'd choose another place next time for sure. Two stars out of five (in hostel terms).

• 7th Mar 2015
  • Finland

Thank you for your review and for choosing to stay at the Badger. We are so pleased that you liked our staff. We are sorry that you felt everything was average and that you were surprised by the self service element. Hostels differ from hotels because of this (to keep costs down). We provide free breakfast, tea/coffee, use of the kitchen, etc, but we only ask that guests wash their dishes after use. Safe onward travels from all of us here.

Great hostel. Can't get a better location - two minutes walk from a metro station and only 30-40 min from Heathrow on the same line. Staff were friendly, kitchen & breakfast were good. Only thing that was missing was a common area aside from the kitchen to meet others - my roommates kept to themselves, so stay felt a bit more like a cute botique hotel.

Thank you for your review and for choosing to stay at the Badger. We are so pleased that you found us a great hostel in an excellent location and that our staff, kitchen and breakfast were good! We have a tv room for guests to chill out in as well, but we are sorry that it was not shown to you upon check-in. Safe onward travels from all of us here.

A nice hostel in nice neighbourhood and with good connections to the centre. They have many useful things that you can rent for free. Very nice and helpful staff!

Thank you for your review and for choosing to stay at the Badger. We are so pleased that you found us a nice hostel, with helpful staff and our good location! Safe onward travels from all of us here.

Rooms were spacious and bathroom was even cleaner than the bathrooms at my university dormitories back home. Cleanliness and security were excellent. There are huge lockers in the bedrooms that can fit your entire suitcase and more (although you need to bring your own padlock). It is within a 5 minute walk to Earl Court metro station which was great for travelling around London. My only fault is that the free breakfast was a bit bare. Choice of muesli or cornflakes with some toast.

Thank you for your review and for choosing to stay at the Badger. We are so pleased that you found the dorms spacious, our cleanliness and security excellent and liked our good location! Our free breakfast does include a selection of fresh fruit - we have made more notices to show that the fruit is there for breakfast. Safe onward travels from all of us here.

Our experience at your hostel was awesome. Thank you for adding a plus to our great weekend in London!

• 27th Feb 2015
  • Hungary

Thank you for your review and for choosing to stay at the Badger. We are so pleased that you had an awesome experience here and that you found us an added plus to your great weekend in London! Safe onward travels from all of us here.

Staff is really nice. Bedroom & bathroom are clean. Bed are stable, mattress is good. Many things are included in the price. One of the best backpacker I tried.

• 27th Feb 2015

Thank you for your review and for choosing to stay at the Badger. We are so pleased that you found our staff nice, liked our cleanliness, our stable beds with comfortable mattresses, the many free things included in the price and that you found us one of the best Backpackers you have stayed in! Safe onward travels from all of us here.

Highly recommended! Very friendly atmosphere and people — got a new friend while staying here.

Thank you for your review and for choosing to stay at the Badger. We are so pleased that you liked our friendly atmosphere and people, and that you would highly recommend us! Safe onward travels from all of us here.

I only stayed one night, but the staff was pretty cool and very helpful

Thank you for your review and for choosing to stay at the Badger. We are so pleased that you found our staff cool and helpful! Safe onward travels from all of us here.

Good location, clean, good security (front door lock with number keypad, room key, lockable locker -own lock needed, programmable safe). Great atmosphere in part due to the fact that for London, it is a small hostel making it more personal than one with 150 guests who are mostly just passing ships. A place you can make friends if you want or do your own thing.A point to keep in mind when booking - no lifts so be prepared to use stairs. Will definitely be back next time I'm passing through London

Thank you for your review and for choosing to stay with us again. We are so pleased that you liked our cleanliness, location, personal locker/safe combo and our great atmosphere! Safe onward travels from all of us here and we look forward to welcoming you the next time you pass through London.

Amazing....it's a small hostel which makes it personal and like a big family / group of friends rather than impersonal and filled with large groups as can be found in others. You get a locker (bring your own lock) however inside is a programmable safe. You get the door code so no curfew and the staff are super friendly. Love, love, love the dogs though like all respectable (or lucky) 'employees', they 'work' Monday to Friday only :)

• 24th Feb 2015
  • Poland

Thank you for your review and for choosing to stay at the Badger. We are so pleased that you liked our homely atmosphere, the personal locker/safe combo and that our staff were super friendly! Safe onward travels from all of us here (and the dogs send paw waves!)

Staff was very friendly and happy to answer any questions. Had a great location and the people staying there were all friendly. When I e-mailed in advance about a health concern for my friend while staying there the staff responded quickly and were very helpful and accommodating in any way they could. I arrived at the hostel with high expectations of a safe place and helpful staff and my expectations were far surpassed. Told my college to add this place for future students to know about!

Thank you for your review and for choosing to stay at the Badger. We are so pleased that we surpassed your expectations and thank you so much for recommending us to future students at your college! Safe onward travels from all of us here.

Had a great stay at the Barby Badger. Great locaties and a very friendly staff. The little dogs is lovely and makes you feel at home. In all my visits to London this was by far the best hostel in combination with the location and value for my money.

Thank you for your review and for choosing to stay at the Badger. We are so pleased that you felt at home here, liked our friendly staff, enjoyed Tinka the dog's company and that you found us the best hostel regarding location and value for money! Safe onward travels from all of us here.

Good location and friendly staff. Poor breakfast, bad smell on the building. You can find better hostels for the same price.

• 13th Feb 2015

Thank you for your review and for choosing to stay at the Badger. We are so pleased that you liked our location and friendly staff. I did address you and your room mate's complaint over the smell (which could not be smelled in your room) from someone cooking a curry - as I said at the time, we can ask people to use the extractor fan in the kitchen and open the window, but we can't ask them not to cook certain food. Safe onward travels from all of us here.

Excelent location, subway really close, restaurants and a big Tesco nearby. The kitchen can become overcrowded. The breakfast lacks in diversity and the available toilets let down (one of them is next to the laundry). There no sense of privacy, on our first night, me, my girlfriend and our other friend couple were woken by the person that takes out the trash. The door doesn't lock to people that have the key, we had to makeshift a lock so that no one got in while we took a shower or dressed.

Thank you for your review and for choosing to stay at the Badger. We are so pleased that you like our excellent location. I am puzzled as to why, during your 6 night stay, you did not once ask any member of staff to help you with your door. Had you done so, we would have immediately shown you how to use the lock on your door saving you any privacy or security concerns :) Safe onward travels from all of us here.

Good location close to city and close to Tube station. Private room wasn't huge or new but the bedding seemed new and it was clean so it wasn't bad. Would stay there again.

Thank you for your review and for choosing to stay at the Badger. We are so pleased that you liked our location, our cleanliness and that you would stay here again! Safe onward travels from all of us here.

« first « Prev 1 2 3