Barmy Badger Backpackers Reviews

17 Longridge Road, Earls Court, London, England

It is in a lovely location with pubs and restaurants nearby. The people were friendly and there are many that stay long term. Beds were hard, you have to make your own bed, so you can see the quality and cleanliness or lack thereof. Showers were tiny. It's a good stop for a night or two, especially given the prices in London.

• 12th Aug 2014

Really enjoyed my stay here. Spent seven nights at Barmy Badger and they were great. Security is good-need a code to get in the door and the lockers in the room are huge and include a safe. The location is excellent, as well. Earls Court is a good spot in London and the Earls Court underground is just a few minutes walk away. The hostel is also located by some great restaurants! Would definitely recommend and would stay here again!

Thanks for a great night

• 4th Aug 2014

Very good hostel. Only complaint was the pillow was a bit flat, luck of the draw I guess. Would stay there again.

• 4th Aug 2014
  • New Zealand

Thank you for your review and for choosing to stay at the Badger. We are pleased that you found us a very good hostel and that you would stay again! Safe onward travels from all of us at the Badger.

I loved staying here! It is such a nice environment- a lot of times hostels can feel very impersonal but coming back to the Barmy Badger at the end of a day of activities felt like coming to a home. Everyone who works there is supremely nice and helpful and just all-around lovely. Wouldn't stay anywhere else in London!

• 2nd Aug 2014

Thank you for your review and for choosing to stay at the Badger. We are pleased that you loved your stay with us and found us like home! Safe onward travels from all of us at the Badger.

Great location, close to Earl's Court, making it an easy way to get from Heathrow to the hostel. Earl's Court has lifts and ramps - great when dragging heavy suitcases. Clean facilities and friendly people. Good price. Will definitely use them again when going to London.

• 23rd Jul 2014

Thank you for your review and for choosing to stay at the Badger. We are pleased that you found our facilities clean, our guests friendly, a good price and that you will return! Safe onward travels from us all at the Badger.

Lovely place, great proximity to Heathrow and walkable to some nice parks.

• 23rd Jul 2014

Thank you for your review and for choosing to stay at the Badger. We are pleased that you found us a lovely place and in a great location! Safe onward travels from all of us at the Badger.

Hostel was extremely easy to find and lots of food places nearby. Greeted by a lovely welcome at the reception desk. I was staying at the hostel while working for a few days in London and will definitely use this hostel in the future. Very good value for money!!

• 21st Jul 2014
  • Wales

Thank you for your review and for choosing to stay at the Badger. We are pleased that you had a lovely welcome, you found us good value for money and you will return! Safe onward travels from all of us at the Badger.

Good location. It's a standard old school hostel - kitchen, common room, dorms, privates. None of the modern facilities that define the great hostel chains: laundrettes, bars, restaurant, etcetera. It's reasonable value for money considering the city and the location within. But it is not a party hostel. Just a classic well staffed basic hostel.

Thank you for your review and for choosing to stay at the Badger. We are pleased that you found us a classic, well staffed hostel! The Badger is the smallest hostel in London so not big enough for a bar, restaurant, et al (we do have a laundry though). We try to offer something different for guests who do not like the large, generic chain hostels and hope you enjoyed your stay. Horses for courses and all that! Safe onward travels from all of us at the Badger.

A lovely hostel in a convenient location with the friendly cute dogs being an added bonus. Great wifi and peaceful garden My mattress was a little bit lumpy and possible ending the end of its life. Other girls in my dorm had a lovely night sleep though

• 15th Jul 2014

Thank you for your review and for choosing to stay at the Badger. We are pleased that you found us a lovely hostel, the WiFi great and the dogs friendly and cute! Safe onward travels from all of us at the Badger.

Really enjoyed my stay. Intimate nature of the hostel was great for meeting new people. Like the communality of the kitchen, even if provisions were basic. Hostel was kept clean by a regular cleaning lady.

• 14th Jul 2014

Thank you for your review and for choosing to stay at the Badger. We are pleased that you really enjoyed your stay and liked the community spirit here! Safe onward travels from all of us at the Badger.

The kitchen is the best part of this hostel I liked the ensuites but if someone just wanted to use the toilet whilst one person was taking a shower that is the only drawback. Liz the manager and Spencer the night manager were very helpful if I needed something, which is actually priceless comparing to most hostels. My only suggestion would be that since July was extremely hot we really needed a fan in the bedroom to keep cool with 4 people trying to sleep at once.

Thank you for your review and for choosing to stay at the Badger. We are pleased that you liked the kitchen, the en-suites and the helpfulness of our staff! Safe onward travels from all of us at the Badger.

Good points: Staff is very friendly, helpful and flexible, location is great, easy to get there Bad points: Cleanness is poor, moldy, broken appliances (window, toilet, door), smelly and dirty beddings

• 14th Jul 2014

Thank you for your review and for choosing to stay at the Badger. We are pleased that you found our staff friendly and helpful! Am slightly bemused by your bad points. I asked in the middle of your stay if the cleanliness, room etc was good and to let us know if there were any issues. You replied it was great and no issues. The toilet was out of order for one day whilst it was being fixed and the door was a little stiff from the fire door closer. Safe onward travels from the Badger Team.

Really enjoyed my stay will be definitely staying there every time it have an event in London

• 11th Jul 2014

Thank you for your review and for choosing to stay at the Badger. We are pleased that you really enjoyed your stay at the Badger and we ook forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in London for an event! Safe onward travels from the Badger Team.

An excellent staff, clean bathroom and rooms. Thanks a lot! I'll keep the address in the case I come back in London!

Thank you for your review and for choosing to stay at the Badger. We are pleased that you found our staff excellent, our bathrooms and rooms clean amd you will stay with us again! Safe onward travels from the Badger Team.

I stayed in the Barmy Badgers hostel about a month ago, left there& had to make an unexpected trip back to London. I didn't have to think twice as to where I would stay & was so happy they had a bed available for me as the Barmy Badgers is one of the best hostels I've stayed in. Also the location is just perfect as it is only a very short walk to the Earls Court underground metro system. I was able to get on a train there which went right to Heathrow Airport. Thanks Ken & Liz for everything!

Thank you for choosing to stay with us again and for your lovely review! Safe onward travels from all of us at the Badger.

I absolutely loved my first ever stay in a hostel. Possibly because the barmy badger backpackers is such a great place to stay. The hostels long term residents are friendly and fun to be around. Would recommend this hostel to anyone who wants to stay in London and doesn't mind a hostel stay. I'll be back!

• 4th Jul 2014

Thank you for your review and for choosing the Badger for your first ever hostel stay. We are pleased that you found us a great place and that you would recommend us! Safe onward travels from the Badger Team.

The Barmy Badger Backpacker was a great place for my first hostel experience! The staff was very helpful and the neighborhood was lively and fun. The breakfast was alright and the people who stay are very easy going. There are a handful of people who stay at the hostel for extended periods (i.e: months) which were actually really knowledgeable about the area. The wifi was superb and everything was clean and neat.

Thank you for your review and for choosing to stay at the Badger for your first hostel experience. We are pleased that you liked our cleanliness, our staff helpful, our atmosphere and our fast WiFi! Safe onward travels from the Badger Team.

Rooms were clean and had lockers (bring your own lock, none are supplied) that were a pretty good size. Also what safes which were handy. Located within five minutes of Earl's Court metro station that links up to most of the important stuff you want to see in London. Staff were great and helped me out with my laundry when the machine started playing up. Breakfast was a bit average but I couldn't complain.

Thank you for your review and for choosing to stay at the Badger. We are pleased that you liked our cleanliness, the personal locker/safe combo and that our staff were helpful! Safe onward travels from the Badger Team.

I was just passing by on a 13 hr layover and wanted a place to nap and shower. The staff were very helpful in accommodating me, making sure I had a quiet room for a quick snooze. Clean, easily accessible and centrally located, and very helpful staff.

• 2nd Jul 2014

Thank you for your review and for choosing to stay at the Badger. We are pleased that you liked our staff, cleanliness and location! Safe onward travels from the Badger Team.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4