Barmy Badger Backpackers Reviews

17 Longridge Road, Earls Court, London, England

It's very basic but good value for money. Super nice staff.

AMAZING! thanks for having us!

• 4th Nov 2015

Close to public transport. Beds comfortable - although 3 level bunks. Plenty of plugs. Huge lockers in rooms. Good floor space, roomy bathroom. Many stairs, no lift (common in London). Secure and safe. Cute dog but comes in with owner and spends the day in the office. Needs to be refurbished. Run down. I think it's a bit overpriced. Lacked atmosphere. Mostly long term stayers and older crowd. Weird vibe. One rude night staff member - otherwise minimal interaction with staff.

really friendly staff,very helpfull and knowledgeable about everything ,londonwize beds are clean with new mattresses and pillows ,powerpoints and safes per bed was really cool ,great idea. I have stayed in a few hostels in london this one however was one of the best,and a very homely feel All in all reccommended

The Staff are friendly, great location and the atmosphere are really good. The shower was a little bit small . But I would definitely stay there again.

The hostel was one of the best you will find in London. The staff were helpful and friendly, the facilities are amazing value for money and the fun/family atmosphere is unbeatable. Earl's Court may not be the centre of London, but the hostel is a few minutes walk to a major tube station. There is not much more you could ask for in a stay and I would recommend it to anyone who asked.

The place was in a complete state of disrepair. The sheets were old, like 10yrs plus. The carpeting was torn and dirty. the bedding and pillows we're old and just horrible. This place absolutely does not deserve to be rated as high as it is. There are some very god hostels in London and I think I've stayed in most of them, but this is an embarrassing disaster. A business should be renovated every five years, in this case it's been thirty. Unacceptable and sad. Hope this helps.

I am sorry we have not lived up to your expectations, however we are pleased you felt safe, liked the location of the hostel and rated our friendly staff highly. Of course we are not so happy you didn't enjoy your new memory foam mattress and pillow or your new bathroom in your room. We do hope to get the opportunity to have you to stay with us again for longer than a few hours so that you can see why other guests rate us so highly. Safe onward travels from all of us here :)

a great place to stay to explore what London has to offer, its just a 3 minute walk to the tube station and from there you are no more than 20 minutes from anything. the hostel is located in a great area with lots of shops, bars, restaurants all with in a 2 minute walk. will definitely stay here again. thanks barmy badgers!! :-)

• 24th Oct 2015

Really friendly staff and we're understanding when we reported the lost key. Would stay again.

• 24th Oct 2015

The lady on the counter when we arrived was very friendly and happy to help us, think her name was Liz. Was in a safe area not far from earls court train station, museums only short walk away. Also had kitchen with fridge etc so good for cooking own food. Quite a few permanent stayers but they were all nice.

I stayed just one night (I had been almost 4 weeks in diferent hostels) as the next day I had a flight to my country, but in general yours is a good play to stay, the bed to high for me but in general I m happy about my stay.

• 22nd Oct 2015
  • Spain

I stayed in a four bed dorm that included its own shower. Each bed had its own light and two power sockets. The kitchen is nice and there is a comfortable TV room. Overall I had a pleasant stay.

We spent a lot of time in hostels this trip and this was one of the best. We had a private room, which was reasonably priced for 2 people, quite roomy and very comfortable. The kitchen and bathrooms appeared to have been updated recently and were very clean. The staff were friendly and made us feel at home even when we showed up much earlier than the normal check-in time. Only downside, there are a LOT of stairs. On the plus side, you'll get a workout getting to your room.

Hostel was fine, not sure what all the hype was about - haven't stayed in other hostels in London so can't really compare, but there are a lot better hostels in Europe. Location was fantastic, but the lack of bathrooms was a pain.

Very near to a convenient store for your daily goods and acceptable distance to tube. Shower space is quite small. Good internet and great staff

Clean rooms and bathrooms. Nice kitchen. Living room upstairs could do with some venting for fresh air. Storage provided. It was 32 for Saturday so not cheap. But place was ok and right by Earls Court tube station and shops. Breakfast was good too.

• 17th Oct 2015

Great hostel! I've spent 6 nights there and will recommend it to everybody. The staff is very kind and helpful. The rooms are facilities are clean. Great location, too.

I thought the staff were great and the hostel location was amazing! But I just think the hostel needs a little bit of a revamp, as in it feels a bit dated! But t generally really good hostel and I would stay there again.

Good localization and the rooms are quietly.

Located in a good area, lockers with safes, which I've never been to a hostel that has that. Coded door entry, and cameras everywhere. Close to the Earls Court tube station, and getting there after a long flight is really easy. The staff are really nice, and they're actually invested in making sure everything is running smoothly as opposed to some of the other ones I've been to. The bathrooms are really nice, and pretty clean. Only suggestion.. Curtains on the beds!!