Barmy Badger Backpackers Reviews

17 Longridge Road, Earls Court, London, England

Hostel was extremely easy to find and lots of food places nearby. Greeted by a lovely welcome at the reception desk. I was staying at the hostel while working for a few days in London and will definitely use this hostel in the future. Very good value for money!!

• 21st Jul 2014
  • Wales

Thank you for your review and for choosing to stay at the Badger. We are pleased that you had a lovely welcome, you found us good value for money and you will return! Safe onward travels from all of us at the Badger.

Good location. It's a standard old school hostel - kitchen, common room, dorms, privates. None of the modern facilities that define the great hostel chains: laundrettes, bars, restaurant, etcetera. It's reasonable value for money considering the city and the location within. But it is not a party hostel. Just a classic well staffed basic hostel.

Thank you for your review and for choosing to stay at the Badger. We are pleased that you found us a classic, well staffed hostel! The Badger is the smallest hostel in London so not big enough for a bar, restaurant, et al (we do have a laundry though). We try to offer something different for guests who do not like the large, generic chain hostels and hope you enjoyed your stay. Horses for courses and all that! Safe onward travels from all of us at the Badger.

A lovely hostel in a convenient location with the friendly cute dogs being an added bonus. Great wifi and peaceful garden My mattress was a little bit lumpy and possible ending the end of its life. Other girls in my dorm had a lovely night sleep though

• 15th Jul 2014

Thank you for your review and for choosing to stay at the Badger. We are pleased that you found us a lovely hostel, the WiFi great and the dogs friendly and cute! Safe onward travels from all of us at the Badger.

Really enjoyed my stay. Intimate nature of the hostel was great for meeting new people. Like the communality of the kitchen, even if provisions were basic. Hostel was kept clean by a regular cleaning lady.

• 14th Jul 2014

Thank you for your review and for choosing to stay at the Badger. We are pleased that you really enjoyed your stay and liked the community spirit here! Safe onward travels from all of us at the Badger.

The kitchen is the best part of this hostel I liked the ensuites but if someone just wanted to use the toilet whilst one person was taking a shower that is the only drawback. Liz the manager and Spencer the night manager were very helpful if I needed something, which is actually priceless comparing to most hostels. My only suggestion would be that since July was extremely hot we really needed a fan in the bedroom to keep cool with 4 people trying to sleep at once.

Thank you for your review and for choosing to stay at the Badger. We are pleased that you liked the kitchen, the en-suites and the helpfulness of our staff! Safe onward travels from all of us at the Badger.

Good points: Staff is very friendly, helpful and flexible, location is great, easy to get there Bad points: Cleanness is poor, moldy, broken appliances (window, toilet, door), smelly and dirty beddings

• 14th Jul 2014

Thank you for your review and for choosing to stay at the Badger. We are pleased that you found our staff friendly and helpful! Am slightly bemused by your bad points. I asked in the middle of your stay if the cleanliness, room etc was good and to let us know if there were any issues. You replied it was great and no issues. The toilet was out of order for one day whilst it was being fixed and the door was a little stiff from the fire door closer. Safe onward travels from the Badger Team.

Really enjoyed my stay will be definitely staying there every time it have an event in London

Thank you for your review and for choosing to stay at the Badger. We are pleased that you really enjoyed your stay at the Badger and we ook forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in London for an event! Safe onward travels from the Badger Team.

An excellent staff, clean bathroom and rooms. Thanks a lot! I'll keep the address in the case I come back in London!

Thank you for your review and for choosing to stay at the Badger. We are pleased that you found our staff excellent, our bathrooms and rooms clean amd you will stay with us again! Safe onward travels from the Badger Team.

I stayed in the Barmy Badgers hostel about a month ago, left there& had to make an unexpected trip back to London. I didn't have to think twice as to where I would stay & was so happy they had a bed available for me as the Barmy Badgers is one of the best hostels I've stayed in. Also the location is just perfect as it is only a very short walk to the Earls Court underground metro system. I was able to get on a train there which went right to Heathrow Airport. Thanks Ken & Liz for everything!

Thank you for choosing to stay with us again and for your lovely review! Safe onward travels from all of us at the Badger.

I absolutely loved my first ever stay in a hostel. Possibly because the barmy badger backpackers is such a great place to stay. The hostels long term residents are friendly and fun to be around. Would recommend this hostel to anyone who wants to stay in London and doesn't mind a hostel stay. I'll be back!

• 4th Jul 2014

Thank you for your review and for choosing the Badger for your first ever hostel stay. We are pleased that you found us a great place and that you would recommend us! Safe onward travels from the Badger Team.

The Barmy Badger Backpacker was a great place for my first hostel experience! The staff was very helpful and the neighborhood was lively and fun. The breakfast was alright and the people who stay are very easy going. There are a handful of people who stay at the hostel for extended periods (i.e: months) which were actually really knowledgeable about the area. The wifi was superb and everything was clean and neat.

Thank you for your review and for choosing to stay at the Badger for your first hostel experience. We are pleased that you liked our cleanliness, our staff helpful, our atmosphere and our fast WiFi! Safe onward travels from the Badger Team.

Rooms were clean and had lockers (bring your own lock, none are supplied) that were a pretty good size. Also what safes which were handy. Located within five minutes of Earl's Court metro station that links up to most of the important stuff you want to see in London. Staff were great and helped me out with my laundry when the machine started playing up. Breakfast was a bit average but I couldn't complain.

Thank you for your review and for choosing to stay at the Badger. We are pleased that you liked our cleanliness, the personal locker/safe combo and that our staff were helpful! Safe onward travels from the Badger Team.

I was just passing by on a 13 hr layover and wanted a place to nap and shower. The staff were very helpful in accommodating me, making sure I had a quiet room for a quick snooze. Clean, easily accessible and centrally located, and very helpful staff.

• 2nd Jul 2014

Thank you for your review and for choosing to stay at the Badger. We are pleased that you liked our staff, cleanliness and location! Safe onward travels from the Badger Team.

Its great because you get allot of privacy, on the other hand the house needs more maitnace and better locks on the doors. I enjoyed my stay and the conviniance of the near by tesco supermarket. Common áreas should stay open 24/7, they close them at 11 pm

Thank you for your review and for choosing to stay at the Badger. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay! The tv room is open 24 hours - only the kitchen and the garden are closed at 11pm so that our guests and neighbours are not disturbed. Safe onward travels from the Badger Team.

Staff is VERY kind and helpful, they will do almost anything to ensure your comfort. While the location is a bit far from the city center, the nearby tube station provides a straight shot to King's Cross or Heathrow. Breakfast was slim, but I think that's because many of the people staying here are more long term than regular backpackers, so they have their own groceries. Bathrooms are clean. Lockers felt very secure, especially with the included safe.

Thank you for your review and for choosing to stay at the Badger. We are pleased that you found our staff kind and helpful, liked the lockers with personal safe and our cleanliness! Safe onward travels from the Badger Team.

I really enjoyed my stay at this hostel-- it was clean with good accommodations. You could tell that rooms/bathrooms were being cleaned daily. The shower itself was small, but not unmanageable.From check-in to check-out the staff was very helpful and answered any questions. The location of the hostel is a 5 minute walk from the Earl's Court Station, so while there aren't any places to go out at night in the area, it is easy to get on the tube. Overall, enjoyed my stay a lot. Nice other travelers

Thank you for your review and for choosing to stay at the Badger. We are pleased that you really enjoyed your stay with us! Safe onward travels from the Badger Team.

Everything was great here. The staff was really nice, and it was quiet at night. Also the location (Earl's Court) is closer to Heathrow airport than other hostels so I didn't have to carry my luggage in a packed train (tube).(of course, farther from West End though). Overall I really liked the place.

Thank you for your review and for choosing to stay at the Badger. We are pleased that you found the staff really nice and that you reallly liked the hostel! Safe onward travels from the Badger Team.

The best about this hostel is the great staff and the atmosphere around. There have been also quite a lot long-term guest that made this hostel their home and were really fun to be around. Besides that, the hostel was no more than average. My room was small and facilities rather old, but everything was clean.

Thank you for your review and for choosing to stay at the Badger. We are pleased that you found our staff and atmosphere to be great and everything was clean! Safe onward travels from the Badger Team.

really nice hostel in a perfect area, especially if you plan to attend a gig at Earl's Court + very close to a tube station. staff is also very nice. highly recommended.

• 6th Jun 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Thank you for your review and for choosing to stay at the Badger! We are pleased that you found us really nice and you highly recommend the Badger! Safe onward travels from the Badger Team.

Cool place,

Thank you for your review and for choosing to stay at the Badger. We are pleased that you found the Badger a cool place! Safe onward travels from the Badger Team.