Barnacles Temple Bar House Reviews

19 Temple Lane, Temple Bar, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

The room was comfy though my friend did have a little issue with the pillow being too soft and causing a neck ache but other than that, i was very pleased with the room and especially since this was my first time staying in a hostel, it was comfortable and relatively clean. the staff was extremely helpful and friendly and accommodated us when we came too early by holding our luggage for us till check in. the location was fantastic and no matter the time, we felt safe coming back.

• 12th Apr 2015
  • Singapore

Real well run, thanks for a great experience!

• 7th Apr 2015
  • Wales

Great hostel with very friendly staff. Only issue was the noise from kegs being stacked down the street, but that's what you get for staying at such a great location in Temple Bar area. Definitely would stay here again.

Great location right in Temple bar at a fair price. The staff was great and there was a good kitchen. The reason I gave 2 stars for cleanliness is the rooms were very narrow and cramped with not much airflow. This created a warm and musty smell in each room i stayed in. I gave to facilities a low score too because both the beds and pillows were very hard and uncomfortable. I would not stay there again for that reason.

Located in the middle of the Temple Bar district. Staff is friendly and will hold your bags for you. Shuttle to/from airport is pretty cheap (7 euro). Free breakfast but if you wake up late then the kitchen is closed for cleaning (~10am-12pm). Rooms are OK. Lockers are under the bed and only take small luggage type locks. Definitely worth the price you pay because of the location.

Nice hostel in a great location. Everything was clean and the staff were helpful. Just keep in mind that Temple Bar is noisy at night.

This was a fantastic hostel and would be my first choice on returning to Dublin. It costs a bit more than others (I also stayed at Isaac's) but it a pretty perfect hostel for most people's needs, and is definitely worth the price. Great rooms, clean, big kitchen area for meeting people, fun staff, and a RIDICULOUSLY central location. Also, I'd like to nominate Arthur as Employee of the Month - good craic.

the room was very small, very loud noises on the corridor at night, coffee machine not working in the kitchen, bed sheets did not smell fresh, bathroom extremely small, barely room to turn around. I woul not book it again.

Staff were fantastic, very helpful. Good services offered (luggage storage 1 euro per bag, towels etc) Great showers. Wifi - extremely bad connection Was in a 2 person private with 2 bunk beds, there really isn't enough space for a bunk . The ceiling slopes to about 10cm above the mattress, so not only can you not sit up, but you have the wall centimetres above your face the whole time. Also, it was Easter Friday so extremely noisy the whole night - not sound proof at all Otherwise, great!

• 3rd Apr 2015

Great location in temple bar, can walk to a lot of pubs and good places to eat also very near trinity college and the river... Met some cool people in my dorm however not a party hostel atmosphere. Common room in an odd place so no one was ever in it... Free breakfast was nice... Good place to stay!

Good hostel located just between Dame and Temple Bar, staff were mixed, some super chatty and friendly, others were a bit quieter! Had to get through about 3 keycard doors to get to the room and good cages under the bed so all good on secuity. The stone floors in the rooms are a bit cold, but i guess it makes it easier for cleaning, was in a 12 bed that didn't feel like a 12 which is always nice. All in all, deecent location cheap and good banter from staff (and plug in the bed) would stay again

Lovely staff and most helpful thank you.

• 1st Apr 2015

No better location to stay in Dublin, it's most central you can get. Nothing bad to say, and for the price it is great!

• 31st Mar 2015

Staff was incredible helpful, and the rooms were very comfortable. Comfy beds, clean bathrooms, and power outlets and lights next to each bed. If you have an exterior room, be warned that the noise at night from the Temple Bar district right next door can be annoying.

The Temple Bar Hostel was a great place to stay, and I was there for three nights. My belongings were safe and secure and the staff was more than accommodating with everything I needed. It was a super social environment and I met some great people. The breakfast included in the morning was a great way to start the day. I would definitely stay here again on my next trip to Dublin

Very good value for money, location.

• 27th Mar 2015

The staff is super friendly and nice! The location is great if you are going to party and have some fun, is right by Temple Bar area. I really enjoyed my stay there!

The staff was amazing. I'm a type one diabetic and were extremely accommodating, understanding, and friendly when it came to those neccesities. I would recommend staying here whenever in Dublin

Very good hostel, the people I met were lovely and staff were very helpful. The location is also excellent and the pub crawl was also very good. Good hostel for meeting new people, just a shame they were doing kitchen repairs when I stayed.

Superb Location in the centre of Temple Bar district, friendly and helpful staff.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7