8.8
Fabulous 6,313 Total Reviews
8.8
Fabulous 6,313 Total Reviews
Barnacles Temple Bar House Located at 19 Temple Lane, Temple Bar, Dublin 2, Dublin.
Ireland
Dublin 19 Temple Lane, Temple Bar, Dublin 2
88% 6313
53.3451329 -6.2658762
    Rooms available

30th Nov 2016

This was one of the best places we have stayed! Highly recommended.

29th Nov 2016

The staff was great, the free breakfast was a nice start to the day, and the location was amazing. I personally don't prefer ensuite rooms because they are noisy in the middle of the night and awkwardly crowded when everyone is there. The 6-bed room was very small and you heard everything that everyone was doing. The hostel was clean and the common room was comfortable to hang out in. The wifi was awful but there were common computers you could use.

28th Nov 2016

Amazing location, wonderful staff, nice people. Admittedly there wasn't much going on, perhaps because it was a few weekdays in November (the lounge was generally empty), but they did have a pub crawl every night. The shower's water pressure bordered on punishment, but at least the water was hot!

• Portugal, Male, 25-30
25th Nov 2016
8.0

Except for the horrible group I ended up sharing my room with, very good hostel

• Canada, Male, 18-24
21st Nov 2016

I had a great time at Barnacles Hostel during my stay in Dublin! Definitely one of the cleaner and newer hostels that I have stayed at during my history of travels. I stayed in a 6 bed dorm, which had a toilet and shower ensuite, always a nice treat. The only reason for my poor score for the facilities is that after midnight the kitchen and common room are locked. Being someone who stays up late and doesn't want to disturb the others in my room it would be nice to have somewhere to relax!

• Scotland, Female, 25-30
21st Nov 2016

Loved staying here, the staff were so friendly and helpful - calling the guinness storehouse for me when I left my driver's licence there! We were there for the free pasta dinner night and the bar crawl night - both of which were fantastic fun and a great way to meet people (even though we were visiting in the reasonably quiet November). Fantastic location right next to the bus route to and from the airport and in the centre of everything. Loved it!

17th Nov 2016

Great hostel, fun location to everything. Do the pub crawl-very fun!

• Portugal, Male, 25-30
16th Nov 2016

Perfect location, right in the middle of the action and a just couple of minutes away from the bus to get to/from the airport. in a weekday in november outside noise was insignificant. Very secure entrance in the hostel, specially at night, and also good lockers in the room. Very friendly staff. Decent breakfast. Now the bad stuff: Small rooms that get very warm at night, bathrooms need an update. Very smelly room even right after it was cleaned. Bed lights so strong it lights up the hole room.

13th Nov 2016

Great place to stay right in all the action! You just have to time your showers right otherwise you'll have a rude awakening(cold shower)... Staff were absoulutly great and knowledgable, one of the guys hooked me up with a free charger! I would stay here again.

• Australia, Female, 25-30
13th Nov 2016

Recently visited Ireland and based myself at Barnacles Dublin. I arrived around 8:30am Saturday morning but was offered free breakfast and use of the common room and kitchen facilities nonetheless which was great! I found the large group of primary school kids to be a bit of a mood dampener. I was sitting in the common room by myself at one point face timing my sister and 30 kids flooded in and I even got sat on so I left. I would stay here purely for the location though, everything else a bonus