Barnacles Temple Bar House Reviews

19 Temple Lane, Temple Bar, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

I genuinely don't have a bad word to say about this hostel! The location just cannot be beat, the price is ideal and the staff are lovely! It's perfect for anyone wanting a cheap weekend in Dublin or if you're travelling around. Guaranteed to meet lots of interesting people and have a great time in the process. I was just sad I couldn't stay for longer...

The room were nice and clean as was the ensuite. There were big lockers too. the kitchen was good although I had to fight ff 32 French school kids to use anything. If you stay here find out if there is a school group staying and when they plan to take over the kitchen.

Stayed two nights in Barnacles. You couldn't ask for a better location, the pub crawl was great, and the large lockers under the beds were fantastic. This is one of the cleanest hostels I've seen and security was great with 24H key card access. No complaints!

Great hostel. The beds are the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in while at a hostel. The rooms are very clean. Bathrooms would get a little dirty late at night or early morning but nothing gross just normal wear and year. Staff was amazing! Also so nice and willing to help! Great location too. A bit if Walking distance to all major sites but durable or an easy hop on the bus. Highly recommend this place!!!

One of the best hostels I stayed in. The staff were wonderful and the location is perfect. I'll definitely be staying here again when I return to Dublin :)

• 7th Jul 2014

It was a great stay for me, except for when housekeeping took my $40 polo t-shirt and my roommate got peed on by the 50-year old guy sleeping on the top bunk. I would recommend an age cap.

The showers were awful! Most unpleasant experience. To get the water to be even Luke warm, the pressure had to be turned on full to the point where it stung your body & felt like it was ripping your hair. The bottom of the shower filled up with water due to the pressure. The water that came out of the sink smelt foul and when my friend filled her drink bottle up from it it was green and murky.

• 6th Jul 2014

Hi there, Sorry about the problems you came upon. The shower is strong, but we have installed shower curtains to help with the water going on the floor. In Ireland cold water has to come first in the and then mix with hot. I believe this is to avoid scalding. When you checked out we checked the room and yes the sink was blocked, so this is fixed now. We recently received our cert for safe water supply, so I'm not sure what the situation is there. We will keep an eye on it however. Management

Terrible value for money if you get a private! You can barely move in the bathroom or room. And I was charged 68 euros for one night and 55 euro for another. Second night I was woken up twice by two guys barging into my room because my room had been lent out to them by accident. And the bed is separated by a thin wall from a bathroom on the other side and I can hear Absolutely everything in the bathroom while in bed. The atmosphere overall is more prison and less hostel.

• 6th Jul 2014
  • India

Hi , Apologies for the issues that night. We need to look into it but there seams to have been an error with the written room numbers on the pass for the room. While your room is a little small, they are ensuite, clean have a wardrobe and full wifi access inside. I think its unfair to say we are like a prison...we try our best to get it right for you guys but sometimes we make a mistake. All the best and Happy Travels. Management

If you're into the Temple Bar party scene and don't mind the noise this is the place for you! Perfect for young backpackers! The staff is friendly and awesome!

• 4th Jul 2014

This was first stay at a hostel and based on the other eight places we've stayed in dublin and around Ireland this was our worse experience. We had a private room with our own bathroom. The shower pressure was overbearing, the shower itself leaked immensely on the floor and worst of all the room stunk badly of mold. If it weren't for the windows it would have been unbearable.

• 4th Jul 2014

Would love a bit more than just toast for breakfast. but the real coffee was a treat!

It's very noisy, too noisy to sleep

Had a great time at Barnacles, less than a 2 minute walk from the lively atmosphere of Temple Bar and in the perfect location to get to other landmarks. Would definitely stay again.

• 2nd Jul 2014

The staff is very nice and helpful , there was literally nothing to wory about although in the heart of Dublin. We enjoyed the atmosphere in the common room, being just a few meters away from the center : for a short stay in town: that's excellent... it also gives some drawbacks : the nights are noisy , and the very mining wake-up by the city cleaning activities are hard to get over (for those who have light sleep...)

Lockers were nice to have under the bed. Easy to keep things out without having to dig through your backpack. The shower pressure was ridiculous. It was like stepping in front of a fire hydrant every time you wanted to take a shower and then the ground of the bathroom would be covered in water from everyone. Staff was very friendly and helpful, pub crawl was a blast and worth the money, location excellent. Free pasta on Monday nights was a bonus. Secure with key cards for entry into rooms.

We booked a double room for a Monday. The bed

Great location but LOUD as next to The Temple Bar.

this is the second time that we have stayed in Barnacles while competing in the Belfast - Dublin Maracycle We ware able to store our bikes securely overnight and the kitchen was made available to us from 6.00 on the sunday morning due to our early departure. A great location and a well run establishment. i would not hesitate to recommend this hostel and will certainly book again.

• 28th Jun 2014

Overall, a very comfortable stay here. The atmosphere was awesome, being in the heart of Temple Bar, but was also quite rowdy at night. Bring earplugs if you want to get some sleep.

Great location, staff is helpful, common areas are great for meeting people.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7