Barnacles Temple Bar House Reviews

19 Temple Lane, Temple Bar, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

The rooms got a little stuffy, we were in a four bedroom, and the pillows were pretty flat. But if those are the biggest complaints, that's pretty great! Security was well done, cafes under the bed were nice, and the key card and security card to get into the hostel was well-done considering the location. The only noise problems were from inside the hostel and they didn't last all night. Great place!

Great location, very helpful staff. Would definitely recommend to anyone looking for an affordable and well kept place to stay in the city.

I found that my stay in Barnacles as pleasant. Despite its location which is in the centre of Temple Bar district I still could enjoy a relaxing atmosphere at this hostel and ofcourse had no trouble to sleep after long day out. The staffs in general were all friendly and accomodating. Thanks for such hospitality Barnacles. I wish you all would keep doing well with your hostel service!

A loud and touristy area. Definitely the party scene. Great for young bucks looking to socialize! Not so much for you older folks. Staff here is friendly and very helpful

Location could not be better for a young traveler. Could be loud and noisey outside if not into it. Very nice, if there on Mondays they give you free dinner. Overall great experience here

• 15th Mar 2015

really good hostel!! stayed there during st pattys day so it was a bit more expensive, but the location cant be beat! right next to temple bar, 5 mins walk to trinity college, close to bus stops/airport shuttles and day trip coaches, lots of food options as well! stayed in the 6 bed dorm which was kind of small for the amount of people, but had an ensuite bathroom and the beds were comfy! breakfast is basic: cereal, toast but they have a kitchen to cook your own food if you wish! will recommend!

Basic cramped hostel but great location in the heart of temple bar. People coming and going in our room at all hours. Go there if you expect to be out partying most of the time. If you want a quiet time, try somewhere else :)

Thanks for taking the time to review our hostel. Unfortunately with shared rooms you will have people coming and going. We do ask our guests to keep quiet and be considerate of all guests but sometimes, despite our best efforts, it can be noisy. If you are in Dublin again please get in touch and we will book a private room for you, its a quieter option. Thanks again The Team at Barnacles

Good location, friendly staff. Will stay here again.

Right in the centre of all the pubs. Good place to stay if you are out drinking all night. If night I would find a quieter place to sleep. 8 bed dorm had bathroom in room. Kitchen had good facilities with like an average toast,cereal breakfast. Staff was great and helpful. I would recommend this place

Good place to stay. One of the staff helped me big time with a charger. I really liked the location.

The staff at Barnacles hostel are very friendly and approachable. As I was travelling alone I found the free pasta night a really good way of meeting new people. Breakfast was included in the price, which was a bonus and the location was fantastic.

• 7th Mar 2015

Negative points: The room was a little bit dark and wet. Positive: the best location, great atmosphere and staff! Great hostel!! I recommend

Very kind and helpful staff. The entire place was clean, warm, and well-lit. I felt very safe and comfortable during my first-ever stay in a hostel. They made a wonderful first impression!

• 5th Mar 2015

DON'T BOOK 8-PERSON MIXED!!! We made the mistake of booking an 8-person mixed room. I say mistake because these rooms are in the basement and have very poor air circulation. They are stuffy (especially if anyone decides to use the shower) and smell moldy - you could even see mold on the windows. We tried to switch rooms but the hostel was booked (great location). When one of us fell sick, the staff (which was great) finally upgraded us to 2 person private (all that was left) which was nice.

• 4th Mar 2015

The location was perfect: central to lots of food and sightseeing. The bedrooms were also very nice, the comfiest beds I slept in on this trip (keeping in mind its still a hostel). The "breakfast" was moderate: toast, cereal and really bad coffee, but the kitchen and common rooms were very nice. The staff was SUPER helpful with directions and suggestions. Also the prices were great. However, friend and I came back at 2 am and had to bang on the door for ten minutes before someone came to open it

Very nice hostel, well located, friendly staff :)

• 1st Mar 2015

Very good location and the staff is really helpful!

• 28th Feb 2015

The only thing is the shower pressure is so high it hurts! I prefer high pressure to too low, but really if it's possible to tone it down a bit that'd be great. It was genuinely painful and I think I wasted a ton of water. Amazing location, really friendly and helpful staff, everything else was good and clean.

• 28th Feb 2015

Barnacles is located in the best area any lover of food, music, and drinking can hope to have. Right outside Temple Bar, the hostel truly is in the heart of it all and never feels removed from the happy partying atmosphere of Dublin's City Centre.

• 27th Feb 2015

The location is really good. Staff are helpful.

• 26th Feb 2015