Barnacles Temple Bar House Reviews

19 Temple Lane, Temple Bar, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

I did a 3 day Shamrocker tour of Ireland and stayd here the night before and at Abigail's the night after. Abigail's was cheaper and much nicer and location just as good. Although Barnacles is definately convenient for Shamrocker.

We stayed in Barnacles for 5 days 4 nights and experienced some glitches at the beginning but it was sorted out very fast. We got ourselves a 4 mixed ensuite room and overall the room is clean and the bedsheets are clean as well. Though the toilet can be quite small but it's clean. The staffs working at Barnacles are very friendly and helpful, just ask them for the best eat-out/pubs in town and they will gladly direct you. Overall, I would recommend Barnacles to everyone especially students.

• 12th Apr 2014
  • Malaysia

Hi guys, Shane here, I was dealing with you over that weekend. You guys must have had a great trip as you arrived one day early to our hostel!!! As a friday night we were fully booked, but lucky for you we let you stay in the Common Room, as secure and private....just for you. Glad it all worked out in the end :) Shane

Good hostel, good fun, great location

We enjoied our stay and will surely come back one day.

• 7th Apr 2014

You can't beat the staff at Barnacle's. They are incredibly friendly and helpful. Great location in the middle of the action in Temple Bar. Yet, the noise never got out of control. Great place stay on a budget.

• 6th Apr 2014

Really liked the hostel. Great place, great atmosphere. The only problem for me was the lack of more toilettes.

The staff was very friendly! Thanks for free water and towels =)

Great will return

Had a great stay and would stay again. The location is excellent.

• 4th Apr 2014

Probably the best location in temple bar and excellent value for money. I recommend staying here if you are looking for a cheap place to rest a couple of hours after a whole night of drinking. I still wouldn't want to stay there for longer than a few nights since the toilets and showers were below average and the atmosphere was not really relaxing here... Overall, barnacles is a great deal for weekend trippers and short term visitors.

ideally placed in the heart of Temple Bar - great value for money

• 3rd Apr 2014

The location was amasing however, breakfast was just toast - could have more choice! Also, wifi connection was really bad. Room was good value for money - one more pillow would've been better.

• 3rd Apr 2014

Barnacles!! I miss you sooo much!! I had the best time of my life at this hostel. Clean, cozy, a homy common room, a funky kitchen, an amazing location but the best part is their staff..absolutely the friendliest people in the world. I highly recommend this green place in the middle of Temple Bar...and don't forget to go on their pubcrawl..what a party..and a hungover..loved it!

What more can i say , first class indeed. thank you james in limerick.

I stayed at Barnacles Hostel 1 to 3 April with my girlfriend. The hostel is located right in the heart of Temple Bar; the room was warm and clean. Will definitely be returning

• 1st Apr 2014

Amazing staff, great location, cozy rooms

Barnacles Dublin is a great hostel for those wanting to be right in the heart of the City Centre. It's close to everything, including where many day tours leave from, was clean, and the rooms were nicer than most hostel dorm rooms I've stayed in before. Our shower was a bit temperamental, but other than that, it was a great stay!

• 30th Mar 2014

The location of this hostel was great, and despite that there was not much noise from Temple Bar which is downstairs. However there was a lot of noise within the hostel as it was very busy. The rooms were very small and cramped so it was difficult for six women to get ready all at once in the morning. Also the bunks under the bed were warped and would not lock properly so my belongings were not secure during the day. Also the bathrooms and kitchen were very dirty. It was fine for what I paid.

We booked as a group of 6 within 24 hours of staying but no where on the Barnacles or Hostel World websites mentioned a pretty hefty (in my opinion anyway, like 30 euros) deposite per person to stay for damage/noise. We found out in an email a few hours before arriving, which they said that is how they inform people. By this time it was too late to cancel, it was our last night before flying home to the states, and not everyone that much cash on them. This needs to be posted!

I stayed here on two separate occasions. The first time I was in a 10-12 mixed dorm and I found it slightly dirty. Next I stayed in a 6 bed female dorm and the room was very clean and the shower was immaculate. It's located right next to Temple Bar so be prepared for some late night noise, but there is always a party to go to right next door! Common room was large and comfy with videos and games. Overall I definitely would stay here again.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5