Barnacles Temple Bar House Reviews

19 Temple Lane, Temple Bar, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

Great location, rooms are nice and clean! Loud at night but you are in the ideal location!!

• 3rd Jul 2015

It was ok the room I was it was extremely hot needed a bigger fan

• 30th Jun 2015
  • Indonesia

Brilliant hostel! Rooms are nice and clean. Location is fantastic. Only con was the room was extremely warm even with the windows open!

• 29th Jun 2015

Great and friendly staff, variety of breakfast items provided and opportunity to hire towels, padlocks etc. if required. They also organise an airport shuttle bus if you ask for it, for 6 euro

• 28th Jun 2015

Staff was super friendly and very helpful. Our room was clean as was the main washroom. Breakfast was average, but free is free :) All and all a wonderful stay in a great location. Thanks!

• 26th Jun 2015

Great location and clean rooms. Nice to have good wifi, lockers for each bed, and tons of outlets. Front desk staff wasn't very friendly is my only complaint.

Comfortable beds, excellent location. Can be a bit noisy so close to all the pubs, but you should be out enjoying them instead of in your room anyways!! Poor wifi in the bedrooms, but other than that I have no complaints!

Need local for Shamrocker adventure your and centre to everything.

Great location, decent staff. Only gripe would be that the room (we stayed in an 8 bed mixed dorm) was very tight compared to other hostels. Bathroom was also small but shower worked well and had hot water.

Could not have chosen a better location. Sometimes there was a bit of a wait at the counter, but the staff was always very fast/happy to help. Breakfast is a bit too early for me (7:30-9:30) and there isn't a big selection, but it is definitely enough and worth it for the price. For some reason the people staying at this hostel are so nice. On my first night (I was travelling alone) everyone in my room went to the hostel's pubcrawl together and became friends. Definitely the best place in Dublin

My first hostel experience (&traveling solo) & I don't have enough good things to say about Barnacles Temple Bar. The location was THE BEST;in the middle of everything. Seriously, a perfect location. The staff was so helpful, friendly, down to earth, etc. They made you feel welcome right upon arrival. I even had to get to the airport by 5AM and wasn't sure the best way to get there and Dave from the front desk arranged for me to get on a shuttle w/ others. Hassle-free. THANKS! 110% recommend!

• 21st Jun 2015

Clean and well kept hostel right amongst the action. Staff were helpful and friendly. Kitchen was well clean and well equipped with a good atmosphere at meal times.

We were just there for the night before our flight out the next morning but we could tell this was a nicer hostel than the previous one we stayed at in Dublin. It is a huge hostel. Wifi isn't very reliable in the rooms but it's a nice hostel with a good crowd.

Very well organized and managed.

Just amazing! One of the best hostel experience I've had so far!

In my opinion, it seems that if you're staying in Dublin, Barnacles is the place to stay. The location was perfect if you're interested in the normal touristy type stuff, literally right next to temple bar which was a blast. The beds were very comfy, the rooms were cozy with private bathrooms, and they have a nice large kitchen with breakfast every morning. Lots of activities throughout the week, either free or paid. Very nice staff as well! Would definitely stay again when returning to Dublin.

Great location and very fun pubcrawl on the weekends. It's can get loud though considering Temple Bar is two doors down. Overall good experience.

I had a good time at Barnacles Temple house. It was clean, good staff, and security. Beds were comfortable and the internet does work in your room and pretty much everywhere in the hostel. Didn't like how the lockers were under the bed though. I think it's awesome that that keep luggage for you at one euro a day. It comes in handy if your traveling to other countries and with a airline that has strict baggage laws. Overall, I'm impress and would stay again.

The beds were comfortable. The location is good and easy to find. The staff was amazingly helpful. My only complaints are that there are several sets of stairs so you hear what sounds like horses galloping up and down at all hours. The other complaint is similar and it is that there seemed to be very thin walls and floors. We could hear phone conversations and music playing two floors up.

This was a great location with great security measures that were actually enforced. They also had a great kitchen. However our room was somewhat tiny and more bothersome was that the bathroom was sopping wet from when people showered; not the the fault of the users but because it wasn't draining properly.

• 9th Jun 2015