Barnacles Temple Bar House Reviews

19 Temple Lane, Temple Bar, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

It was so loud! We didn't fall asleep until closer to 4am, because of people in the streets. The hostel wasn't sound proof at all. I wouldn't stay at a Hostel in Temple Bar again.

The beds are wayyyyy to close to each other, the pillows are very thin. The breakfast was good and the kitchen was nice. The common room was nice and comfortable. The WiFi was inexistent in our rooms and pretty good in the common room. The bathroom was nice to have in the room, but very tiny! However, the staff was amazing!!!!!!!

Good hostel for the center of Dublin, but definitely loud outside. Friendly staff, good pubs and restaurants nearby, and clean beds. The room we had was small, outdated, and hot/stuffy. Okay value for the price.

The location is amazing if you are looking to be in central Dublin. It is easy to walk everywhere from here. The staff was very helpful with storing our luggage and helping me find an address and use the phone. It was a bit too loud for us (we were in a private room but there was lots of shouting from the hallway and outside) but I suppose that can be expected in this area of town. The beds were not the most comfortable but it was okay for a night on a budget.

Spacious cages in rooms great for securing your bags during the day. Can't beat the location in the middle of the temple bar area!

• 29th Jul 2015

besides a few rude roommates, this place was extremely enjoyable. they were accommodative to all requests and were very helpful when asking for directions or suggestions of places to go. if I'm ever back in Dublin I'll definitely be staying here again :)

Great great hostel. Lots of fun activities to meet others and its location is perfect.

The location is right in the Temple Bar area making it easy to find somewhere to grab a bite to eat and a drink. The staff answered all the questions with a smile and were always at the front desk when needed. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable.

I only stayed one night. The staff at check in were fantastic, the room was lovely and clean and really not noisy considering the location in Temple Bar - I'd expected to be up all night with the noise of drunks outside but I slept soundly! The common room was a good size and the free breakfast was a good set up for the day. They have a good luggage store as well which was great for me as I could dump my gear and not be hauling it around as I explored the city during the day.

Although it can be a bit loud on the streets below, this hostel is located right in the middle of a very lively area. It is only a short walk to the Trinity College and Dublin Castle. I would definitely return to this hostel.

• 23rd Jul 2015

Barnacles was a good place to stay while in Dublin, it's in the heart of the Temple Bar district so there's lots to do. The room I was in was small. The hostel offers you cages under your bed for luggage, however quarters were so cramped that the cages wouldn't even pull out all the way. Bathrooms were average, the shower worked well in our en suite. The staff were phenomenal, we had an issue with one our roommates and the staff were courteous, prompt and professional while dealing with it.

Great location and nice room. Bathroom in the private room was extremely tiny but still better than sharing one. Would definitely stay again

• 21st Jul 2015

Staff were helpful when I made a mistake when booking.

Definitely the best hostel in Dublin! Nice staff, great location and everything is at walking distance.

I thought it was a lovely stay , rooms were very spaced out , beds very comfortable , staff very friendly , location is central , myself been from this country would recommend this hostel to tourists that are visiting the capital

• 19th Jul 2015

Loved it! Good atmosphere, best hostel I've stayed in yet.

a really friendly and young atmosphere, had a lot of fun, thank you barnacles ;)

Huge hostel but with great facilities including a common room with lots of info and maps etc. good atmosphere too and in a great location!

Great location! Close to everything we wanted to see. The staff were wonderfully friendly and helpful.

Perfect location if Temple bar is your thing!! So awesome being so close to so much action and great pubs!! Staff were excellent. Went above and beyond their duties. Comfy beds, big lockers, lights and charging points above each bed. Loved having an ensuite attached to dorm, made showering so much easier. Big social kitchen. Some rooms require a walk up and down stairs but backpackers shouldn't complain about that!!! Great value for money!!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7