Barnacles Temple Bar House Reviews

19 Temple Lane, Temple Bar, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

I was very satisfied with my stay at Barnacles Temple Bar House.

• 19th Oct 2014

Great hostel and great breakfast

Sorry for rating so badly. But the bed was so dirty, it was discuting. The bedlinen was very dirty with spots or stains, not fresh washed. The room was very small and not clean. Sorry for this.

It really is right in the middle of temple bar and is so easy to get around. There is key card access to enter the hostel and then again to enter the rooms. Each bed has a lockable cage for storage. Bathrooms are basic but clean. Good kitchen, although is locked at night/early morning, wasn't able to make myself food before a day trip. Staff were tremendously helpful with checking in, directions, and booking tours. Super friendly. Even had a free dinner and 1/2 price pub crawl while there!

great hostel for groups or solo travellers friendly helpful staff awesome location great atmosphere clean facilities good wifi even in the rooms would definitely stay here again!

Good location and nice. Nothing fancy. Free posts night was great. This'd a little noisy given its location.

The staff was very helpful and accommodating throughout our stay. Hostel is in a great location.

• 11th Oct 2014
  • thomasdgriffin2200

The staff were brilliant and very helpful. The accommodation was very clean and most comfortable.

• 10th Oct 2014
  • Wales
  • Couple, 41+

Beds are really hard. We left with sore spots. Pillows are old, worn out and flat. Other younger guests noisy. Perhaps not the best place to stay if you require rest or are over 40 and are not there to party. 😃

This was an excellent hostel! Especially for my first experience staying in a hostel, I had low expectations to start off with, but the staff was extremely accommodating, the services were easy to use, and even staying in one of the 10-person rooms was still pleasant and good. I was also traveling by myself as a 20-year old woman, and I always felt safe. Literally the only thing I could think of as negative was that the Wifi was occasionally spotty, but it never completely broke down.

• 3rd Oct 2014

The rooms were nice but the bathrooms were too smal. Even though it was "ensuite", sharing such a small bathroom with up to 10 people is uncomfortable. The internet also was terrible. Apart from that, the location is excellent, the staff is helpful and the common room is ok. I'd recommend if you plan to go only to sleep.

Clean and comfortable. Very helpful staff. First night was very noisy. But second night was perfect.

• 28th Sep 2014

This hostel was PERFECT! We stayed in an 11 bed dorm, and it was luxury. We had our own ensuite which was cleaned perfectly every day. The best feature by far was that every bed had its own power outlet and lamp.Wifi and big cages in the room. Even though it was located quite literally in the heart of Temple Bar, it was super quiet once we closed the windows for the night. Would definitely recommend without a second thought and will stay again if I go back to Dublin!

We would definitely stay there again. A faulty fire alarm at 7am gave us a panic for a bit.

• 27th Sep 2014

Smoke alarm was off for three times in the morning on 29, Sept, 2014 causing chaos... ... scared us!! computer only schedule for 20 mins, then auto off.other places can use as long as you like. a bit annoying.

Thank you reception guys for doing your best . And thank you Dublin for being such a warm (in the weather too¡) and easy to walk city. I,ll be back.

• 25th Sep 2014
  • Spain

Love it here! Best location a hostel can offer. All the staff were really awesome and really helpful!

• 22nd Sep 2014

Barnacles is an excellent place to stay as its located in the heart of everything. Great atmosphere, have nothing bad to say about this hostel.

• 21st Sep 2014

The fact you can get wi-fi in your room, yup, that really did it for me. Highly recommend. Will be back for sure

• 21st Sep 2014

The location of Barnacles Temple Bar House was phenomenal. It was right in the middle of Temple Bar and it was very convenient going from place to place. With that being said it is in the middle of "party town" and it is very very loud. The hostel, I feel, put too many people in the rooms there. Our six person room was incredibly small.

• 19th Sep 2014