Barnacles Temple Bar House Reviews

19 Temple Lane, Temple Bar, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

Highly recommended hostel! Right in the middle of temple bar (where all the irish pubs are). Even managed to save money on the overall trip by using the kitchen facilities for breakfast and dinner - Frozen pizzas from Tesco are much cheaper than a 30 euro pub meal. Helpful staff too!

• 8th Sep 2014

Everything went really great here. The location is incredible, they have cages beneath the bunks (just remember to bring your own locks!), and the staff were super friendly. The only downside is that the rooms are pretty small and narrow. But next time I am around Dublin this will be my first pick.

• 5th Sep 2014

Awesome place to stay while in Dublin. Great location that is easy to find and get to from the airport. Great atmosphere, the activities and tours that can be booked through the hostel is an easy way to meet people. Comfy bed. Recommend to other solo travelers.

Our room was barely more than a closet with a bunkbed and the tiniest bathroom imaginable, but i guess we got what we paid for! Lots of other young people staying here, and lots of organized events in the evening. I wish I had time for the pub crawl, sounds like a lot of fun. I like how they also do a walking tour from the hostel.

Bring earplugs. But the extra noise should be expected in this location.

Not a fan of carpeted floors but everything else was great.

• 28th Aug 2014

It's a very good choice to stay in Dublin. The staff is really friendly and helpful, and lot of services are available. Location is also great.

Very noisy outside. Room very cramped, Stuffy air, bed was poor. Not for people wanting a good sleep. Shower was good and people helpful. The building was very hard to find, taxi couldn't get close to it in the afternoon.

• 28th Aug 2014

Very friendly and helpful people at reception. No lifts and lots of stairs but staff helped carry our bags upstairs which was nice. Good sized kitchen and well equipped too. A lot of noise from the streets at night but that is to be expected in the middle of Dublin's Temple Bar area. 6 bed dorm was quite cramped but clean and the beds were comfortable

We enjoy our stay. The staff helped us a lot and the place is in the very centre,near everything.Excellent to find new friends too.

• 26th Aug 2014
  • Spain
  • Mixed Group, 41+

It was a great stay at a facility in a great location! Got to meet people from all over, and the staff were friendly and helpful. It was a great first stay in a hostel - thank you!

• 26th Aug 2014

The staff and atmosphere of the hostel were amazing. A great location if you want to go out in the Temple Bar area.

Super friendly staff, excellent location, comfy bedrooms and clean bathrooms. I totally recommend barnacles.

• 25th Aug 2014

I stayed here twice in one month and it's definitely one of the best hostels I've ever stayed in! I stored my luggage here for over two weeks (around 1 euro a day) and the guys working there carried it to my room for me. The staff were really nice and very helpful with my heavy suitcase. For breakfast there's bread, butter, jam, fruit salad and cereal then fruit juices and hot drinks. The only issue I had during my second stay was the shower door was broken and so the water went everywhere.

room stank of smoke, staff was aware of it extra toilets would be handy wifi so slow but in a good location with ok price

Far to noisy kept us awake until 3.00am

• 24th Aug 2014

I went to this hostel for one night in Dublin after a tour of the Country. The staff are the slowest people that I ever seen on Earth, I had to wait 25 minutes to do the check in. The breakfast is served until 9:30, and I mean 9:30 sharp, because I arrived in the kitchen at 9:29 and two people of the staff in one minute took away everything for the breakfast, so I had to go out for eating something.

Great location. Right in Middle of Temple Bar Area. Great continental breakfast in the morning. However, the floor in our room had stains in the carpet and when we laid down a towel in the bathroom to catch water from our shower, the white towel became quite dirty on the side touching the floor. So wear flip flops! Otherwise great hostel.

Overall a really nice hostel. Right in the middle of everything. At night it can get noisy, since all the bars are in that area.

This place is fantastic. Worth the buck. Staff is very cheerful. Rooms are good and secure.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7