Barnacles Temple Bar House Reviews

19 Temple Lane, Temple Bar, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

Felt that the8 bed mixed dorm was a bit crowded. There were five of us all leaving early in the morning, it proved difficult as there was no room! Wifi was bad. Loved the underbed storage and the mattresses were super comfortable.

Staff could not have been more helpful or friendly - facilitated us with early check-in

• 26th Oct 2014

Absolutely loved my stay at the hostel! Could not have had a more positive experience with the hostel! Amazing location the staff were incredibly nice! I enjoyed the free breakfast the wifi was very slow at times but who needs wifi when you could be out experiencing the amazing sites of Dublin and the Temple Bar district! 100% would recommend to anyone else and I will definitely be staying there next time I'm in Dublin.

• 24th Oct 2014

This is a great hostel with great value. Everything is very clean, the facilities are extremely nice, and the location is prime. If you're looking for a great hostel in Dublin, this is it!

• 24th Oct 2014

Very well located... In the heart of temple bar. Not recommendable if you are going there in a resting plan.

Best Hostel I've ever stayed at. Had virtually no complaints about it.

I was very satisfied with my stay at Barnacles Temple Bar House.

• 19th Oct 2014

Great hostel and great breakfast

Sorry for rating so badly. But the bed was so dirty, it was discuting. The bedlinen was very dirty with spots or stains, not fresh washed. The room was very small and not clean. Sorry for this.

It really is right in the middle of temple bar and is so easy to get around. There is key card access to enter the hostel and then again to enter the rooms. Each bed has a lockable cage for storage. Bathrooms are basic but clean. Good kitchen, although is locked at night/early morning, wasn't able to make myself food before a day trip. Staff were tremendously helpful with checking in, directions, and booking tours. Super friendly. Even had a free dinner and 1/2 price pub crawl while there!

great hostel for groups or solo travellers friendly helpful staff awesome location great atmosphere clean facilities good wifi even in the rooms would definitely stay here again!

Good location and nice. Nothing fancy. Free posts night was great. This'd a little noisy given its location.

The staff was very helpful and accommodating throughout our stay. Hostel is in a great location.

• 11th Oct 2014
  • thomasdgriffin2200

Had a great time when we arrived in Dublin. Was the perfect spot to people watch being so close to the Temple Bar.

The staff were brilliant and very helpful. The accommodation was very clean and most comfortable.

• 10th Oct 2014
  • Wales
  • Couple, 41+

Great hostel, great location and friendly, helpful staff. Rooms were clean and facilities good, really enjoyed the stay.

Beds are really hard. We left with sore spots. Pillows are old, worn out and flat. Other younger guests noisy. Perhaps not the best place to stay if you require rest or are over 40 and are not there to party. 😃

This was an excellent hostel! Especially for my first experience staying in a hostel, I had low expectations to start off with, but the staff was extremely accommodating, the services were easy to use, and even staying in one of the 10-person rooms was still pleasant and good. I was also traveling by myself as a 20-year old woman, and I always felt safe. Literally the only thing I could think of as negative was that the Wifi was occasionally spotty, but it never completely broke down.

• 3rd Oct 2014

The rooms were nice but the bathrooms were too smal. Even though it was "ensuite", sharing such a small bathroom with up to 10 people is uncomfortable. The internet also was terrible. Apart from that, the location is excellent, the staff is helpful and the common room is ok. I'd recommend if you plan to go only to sleep.

Clean and comfortable. Very helpful staff. First night was very noisy. But second night was perfect.

• 28th Sep 2014