Barnacles Temple Bar House Reviews

19 Temple Lane, Temple Bar, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

Could not fault the place! Absolutely fantastic location, staff were brilliant and room was nice, clean and tidy. What more could you ask for?!

• 15th May 2015

The staff is very kind & professional. The room is very clean, nothing to change. The location is perfect, you can walk few seconds and you'll find the temple lane, perfect for pub crawling !

Great location and friendly staff who helped with any questions

• 12th May 2015

Awesome place if you want to party. Sleeping can be difficult due to noise.

I had an amazing experience at this hostel!! Great staff, amazing location, clean room, and a fun atmosphere. I had a great time on the pub crawl even on a sunday night in the off season. All around loved it!

• 10th May 2015

Great hostel in the heart of Temple Bar! Only concern was no wifi in the bedrooms, but other than that, everything was amazing!

I've stayed at Barnacles 2 times now, first time was the first time I had stayed in a hostel. Was a really nice place with a very comfortable bed.

• 9th May 2015

Pretty good place. Good wifi in most parts, good kitchen, pretty clean. The showers aren't as hot/strong as they could be. One weird thing was that when I came into my room, someone was sleeping in my bed, and I couldn't find any other vacant beds to switch to (though I didn't look too hard because I didn't want to wake anyone). I told the guy at reception though, and he switched me to another room right away.

Good location, close to just about everything. The breakfast was fine, and it had a great backpacker's hostel atmosphere. The rooms were the tiniest bit musty, but it wasn't a problem at all. Staff was fine. The only serious problem I had was that the wifi was ridiculously slow. Dial-up kind of slow. Besides that I would recommend the hostel for sure if you'll be staying in Ireland.

The staff was so good. The location was even better. I met so many cool people while I was there. The environment was incredible. The shower wasn't the best and it was difficult to operate. Other than that, a perfect stay!

First stay at a hostel ever and it was amazing !!! Highly recommend staying there !!

• 4th May 2015

Very nice hostel! It's not too loud but it's very close to everything! There is a security guard on duty 24/7 so you feel safe, and also the staff are really nice and helpful. The only negative thing i have to say is that the shower was horrible. No room to move around, and the doors wouldn't close properly so the entire floor would be covered in water. But, the beds and the environment make up for it 100%. Over all, a very good hostel!

Didn't get any sleep due to the above a pub location. It sounded like the party was in our room.

• 3rd May 2015

Really enjoyed this hostel. Dublin was our first stop in our travels and we are extremely happy with our stay at barnacles. This hostel was in the best location, walking distance to basically everything with bus stops right down the street if you ever go further than the city centre. Airport shuttle right to the hostel which is amazing. 4 bed dorms are kinda tiny but we didn't care we were barely in our rooms anyway. awesome staff, great location, breakfast is free so no complaints there.

• 2nd May 2015

Very good location, ideal for travellers

• 2nd May 2015

Good hostel, you get quite a lot for your money. Great location in Temple bar, center of Dublin. Friendly staff.

The place was good. Great localization, awesome staff, nice breakfast. Everybody there was really helpful. The place is quite clean. There was no place to charge your stuff in each bed. It was two for everybody. In general, it's a great place to stay!

Barnacles, I'm a huge fan... but your WiFi went out for at least a day (I left before it was fixed). I work over the internet so it was a real inconvenience. Other than that, no complaints. Ok, maybe one more - the lockers in room 305. You can only use two of them. Go look.

A really good hostel in the middle of the city. Great people, great location and a great price value ratio.

Very pleasant check in and check out. Very helpful in booking airport transfers and activities. When a large group is checking in or out, the lobby gets way too crowded. I had to fight my way in at one point as there was a group of 20 or so, with luggage gathering in the lobby and spilling out. I only saw bread and cereal for breakfast, a bit disappointing.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7