8.8
Fabulous 6,204 Total Reviews
8.8
Fabulous 6,204 Total Reviews
Barnacles Temple Bar House Located at 19 Temple Lane, Temple Bar, Dublin 2, Dublin.
Ireland
Dublin 19 Temple Lane, Temple Bar, Dublin 2
88% 6204
53.3451329 -6.2658762
    Rooms available

• Netherlands, Female, 18-24
22nd Sep 2016

Clean, really friendly staff. Location is perfect if you like to hang out in pubs. If you are looking for a more quiet night rest you should either use earplugs either look for another hostel. I was upgraded from a 10pers. dorm to a 4 pers. dorm, which was much better since we also had our own tiny bathroom. Great place to meet people. Big kitchen and living room, although the living room was not used so often by travelers.

• Canada, Female, 18-24
7.1

I'll start this by saying this was not the right hostel for us because we were NOT looking for a party hostel. But aside from that: Security seemed pretty lax. The breakfast was only okay. The worst part was the room layout. They somehow fit 10 beds in a very small, narrow room so that if anyone was standing in front of their bed or opening their underbed locker you had to wait til they were done. Plus, if anyone was lying on the bed, top or bottom, the cages were impossible to slide out.

7.1

Free breakfast with cereals and toast. Location right on Temple Bar, and naturally close to most locations. Really need lockers in the room but it seems most hostels in Ireland don't have them, you have lock-ups beneath the beds, not as safe in my opinion, Staff friendly, and easily booked the Aircoach through them.

• USA, Female, 25-30
20th Sep 2016

This was the first time I stayed in a hostel and I'm glad I picked this place the staff was so nice. The rooms were great I really enjoyed all the people I met.

Thank you for taking the time to review our hostel . We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to welcome you back again soon. Best Regards The Team @ Barnacles

• Canada, Male, 41+
19th Sep 2016

This hostel is one of the better ones I've stayed in. The staff were amazing and the location you couldn't beat. I stayed in a 4 bed room which had your own shower in the room which was a nice bonus I would definitely stay there again if I was in Dublin !

• Belgium, Female, 25-30
19th Sep 2016

I really loved the staff, you could asked them everything and they always had a smile on there face. Rooms are very clean en the location is great. I would recommend this place to stay at.

• Littlebit16
  • USA, Female, 25-30
17th Sep 2016

The location is great! The room was decent, but you might want to bring your own pillow (the one provided sucked). Overall, it was what I expected.

14th Sep 2016
7.7

Large hostel with a great location. More like a converted hotel. My roomates made a great athmosphere, but as for the common-room setup and getting to migle with other people at the hostel, it was not good at all. There were toilets and showers in the room (8-bed mixed), which was convenient. Would stay again! But, if I return to Dublin I would maybe check out some other hostel around the same area. Good wifi.

• England, Female, 18-24
14th Sep 2016

Fantastic hostel with fantastic staff! So central! Security is brilliant! Breakfast included, spotless facilities! What more could you want for such great prices!

• England, Female, 18-24
11th Sep 2016

Really great, you might want to take your own bathroom set and pad (lock if you really need one). Overall, everyone there was lovely, the security was perfect I didn't have to worry about my laptop getting stolen. Pubs everywhere, walking distance to most of the main tourist sites. All positive!! Would recommend to anyone staying in Dublin.