Barnacles Temple Bar House

8.5
Fabulous 6494 Total Reviews

• Australia, Female, 18-24
23rd May 2017

Decent place to stay. PROS: good security, free breakfast, decent bathrooms, powerpoints/lights for each bunk, good common spaces. CONS: a bit loud with street noise but that's a given with the location, wifi cut out a few times.

22nd May 2017
5.7

Disappointing. The bathroom had a permanent, unpleasant smell that didn't seem to go away at all. The shower sprayed all over the floor. Narrow staircase. My stay started great as the guy at reception allowed me to check in early but it didn't really seem to offer anything it was all hyped up to be. Breakfast was ok but chaotic and difficult to maneuver with only one staff trying to run around. Staff was ok. It was really just ok. Next time in Dublin I probably will not stay here again

18th May 2017

Great hostel. My only complaint was that I had read that they do the laundry at night and I wanted to wash the clothes I had been wearing that day, so when I returned to the hostel at 11:20pm and inquired about laundry I was told that they cut off laundry service at 11pm. Other than that a nice place to stay in Dublin.

9th May 2017
6.3

The location was perfect. The facilities were not. The staff was extremely helpful with transportation needs, but the hostel itself was in rough shape. The bathrooms and bedrooms were not well kept. The need to be kept cleaner. After a long day of traveling around the city I want to come back to a clean room and bathroom. This was not the case.

Thank you for taking the time to review our hostel. Our housekeeping team work hard to keep the hostel clean and maintain high standards. On this occasion we failed to meet your expectations and for this we apologise. We will use your comments to improve our standards, if you are returning to Dublin please get in touch. Best Regards The Team @ Barnacles

• esanchez31262751
  • USA, Mixed Group, 18-24
7th May 2017

Honestly this is a great hostel, given the circumstances you are there to have a good time, not to sleep at 9pm. It's located right next to all the pubs and some clubs also. Very clean room and quite spacious, we stayed in a 4 person room so the bigger the room they might get more cramped. The kitchen was big and clean though and free breakfast.

3rd May 2017
6.6

The walls are ridiculously thin, it's impossible to sleep, even for a hostel xD Lots of weird people No installations or shelves anywhere, they did not think about practicity or details. I'll definetely stay in another one next time Enjoyed the time in Dublin though! Awesome location of the hostel

Sorry to read that you did not enjoy your stay with us, we do ask our guests to keep the noise down after 11pm but they don't always listen to us. As we are located in the heart of Temple Bar there is a certain amount of street noise that is out of our control. Apologies if you felt your room mates were "weird" but maybe this is a personal opinion rather that a fact? Delighted you enjoyed your time in Dublin. Best Regards The Team @ Barnacles

25th Apr 2017
6.6

This hostel is perfectly located, that's for sure. It wasn't too pricy if you were in a dorm and booked during the week. However, the rooms are absolutely tiny and awkwardly close to adjacent bunk beds. During our stay, there was a school staying here (we honestly thought they were high school students) and a bunch of older people (age 40+). So if you are a young adult looking to meet people, I wouldn't go here. There is no area to go sit and drink without feeling out of place.

• Mexico, Female, 25-30
18th Apr 2017

Perfect location for big night outs! Walking distance from main bars and attractions. My only problem was that they accept group bookings and next to my room there was a group of over twenty 13-15 year old kids that were loud and annoying. They should have a minimum age.

• Canada, Female, 18-24
11th Apr 2017
8.0

Great location and awesome staff who were helpful. The kitchen and breakfast were fine - just toast/jams, pancakes, juice, coffee. The beds in the dorms were comfy and the location was great. The streets can get a little loud at night but I think that's all part of the experience of staying so close to Temple Bar! The only problem was the bathroom. There was one bathroom/shower in a room of 11 which wasnt the cleanest. There was also only one toilet and one shower for the floor.

10th Apr 2017

Really nice hostel. My only complaint was not being able to stay another night.