Barnacles Temple Bar House Reviews

19 Temple Lane, Temple Bar, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

No hot water in the shower

• 29th Aug 2015
  • Israel

Great hostel! We arrived and the staff were so friendly and considerate. The location is excellent and easy to find, central to a lot of must see destinations, cafés, pubs, etc. luggage storage, security, cleanliness all really good. Only downside was the shower leaked a little/lukewarm water, but if you got up a little early to have your shower the water was as hot as you needed! Overall I would stay here again, A+!

Overall a great stay! Room was a bit tight with the 6 beds. Location is great and the staff is very friendly and knowledgable about the area. They were great when I left my coat and were able to send it to me that day!

• 24th Aug 2015
  • Armenia

the room was very small, we cannot really have open our suitcase. it is convenient the situation of the Hostel but quite expensive for the room.

• 20th Aug 2015
  • Spain
  • Couple, 41+

awesome stay

Staff at reception really kind and willing to help. Review is difficult, as we arrived rather late and just staid for one night.

• 19th Aug 2015
  • Switzerland

Perfect location for those who want to party as its right in the heart of the temple bar district, however be aware this makes its very noisy. If you're just looking for a bed this is a good hostel. The staff were great. The rooms are small and very hot due to no air conditioning however the bunks were comfy.

Great assisting with setting up tours and suggestions for things!

This hostel was a great place to stay! It is located close to all the tourist attractions but it's also close enough to wander out into a more local area. The staff were super friendly and helpful when trying to plan out what you should see. I recommend the free walking tour, definitely a great place to start! The rooms and bathrooms were also really clean. Would definitely stay here again!

• 18th Aug 2015

Amazing location, right in the Temple bar area. Wifi works everywhere including out front. Had some great roommates. The lockers can be hard to pull out but they store nicely under the beds.

Great location (behind The Temple Bar); staff was helpful in recommendations for non-touristy things to do, and they made sure to check passes at night before allowing anyone in (felt very secure). En suite shower was not working when I first arrived (re-sealing), and had I not spoken to the cleaning staff about it, who knows when our room would have been told it was fine to use! The hostel didn't seem to friendly/open for individual travelers (like myself) to meet people as others I've been in.

This hostel had a lot of families staying while we were there. So, it has a more laid back family vibe, even though it's in the heart of the temple bar area. The kitchen is great, and the TV lounge is also cozy. It was hard to meet people, but the bonus was we got a movie night all to ourselves in the lounge! The free breakfast is cereal and toast. The ensuite bathrooms were clean and functional.

I wasn't there long but have no complaints. The area has a busy nightlife so is on the noisier side but nothing a pair of earplugs can't help with.

• 14th Aug 2015

The hostel is in a fantastic location. The staff were friendly and helpful all the time. Overall this hostel had the best atmosphere I have seen in a hostel. Everybody there was friendly and had the same desires of partying and experiencing Dublin as we did so we had a fantastic time. Highly recommend.

Very nice staff and best location in Dublin! :)

• 12th Aug 2015
  • Switzerland

Location was great, central old down town, temple bar. Good building and beds, just cramped, not super clean, and a but ratty, my bedding was tearing a large hole at the corner, the bathroom had quite a bit of mold around the toilet. I would say average place, average stay, for a hostel. But the rates were very good.

The poor evaluation of staff has determined by a person on duty the morning before departure that had to have a problem with foreigners view the unwillingness to print boarding passes and book airport transfers . His colleague did the same operations to our friends in five minutes. We had to come back in two hours and expect it to be done . In many years of use hostels in the world is the first time that it happens .

Great location. Friendly staff. Honestly didn't spend enough time in the hostel to know more about it-was too busy out in the city having fun (hint-GREAT location).

• 9th Aug 2015

Stayed in a room that overlooked the street of the entrance. Because of the location being directly next to Temple Bar, the room was very noisy. With the window closed the room would get very hot. Even with ear plugs in I wasn't able to get any sleep until about 5am. Wifi was very slow and rarely loaded anything.

Great location and comfortable bed. Small room with not much space to put our things, and the bin was not emptied every day. Otherwise I had a good experience at this hostel!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7