Barnacles Temple Bar House Reviews

19 Temple Lane, Temple Bar, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

Friendly, central location and good nights sleep on comfy mattress. Impressed.

Excellent location, clean and welcoming space. The staff was friendly enough, and quite helpful with information about the city. There was a big school group staying while we were there, so we didn't meet many other travelers. The rooms were well-equipped with lockers under the beds and individual lights and outlets by each bed. Cozy common room with movies and computers; nice, bright kitchen with a basic breakfast (toast, coffee, cereal, fruit) in the mornings.

The Staff were lovely. I stayed in a twin room, number 107. The window doesn't open which made me feel very claustrophobic. The shower pressure is far too strong which hurt my skin. It would be good if the Hostel provided a bucket and jug so you don't have to use the shower. I would recommend earplugs because with creaky floorboards and noisy students you may not get much sleep. Having said all that, I would stay there again because I felt safe in such a great location and excellent atmosphere

• 12th Aug 2014

Clean hostel with super comfy beds, hot showers, helpful staff and generally quiet nights. It's basically close to everything.

• 12th Aug 2014

I can't say enough great things about Barnacles! When we arrived, we had a number of problems to figure out and the staff was absolutely wonderful. About 20 minutes after arriving, the staff had solved all our travel complications and we were checked in for the night! Location was great and the people really made the experience.

• 11th Aug 2014

The staff were so helpful! Super friendly and willing to take time to call and set up a car rental service for my younger sister and I. The temple bar area is really lively and barnacles is situated near many of the main sights of Dublin! It does get a little rowdy and loud at night so if you're looking for somewhere quiet maybe consider somewhere else.

Excelent hostel!! The staff were super friendly and informative! The breakfast was great but would be better if it ran for a little longer say til 10:30. The pub crawl was fantastic, definitely a must do! Thanks for a great stay!!

It was hard to find hostel by foot but eventually found. Only stayed one night as it was the only hostel open for a double private room! It was nice though no AC and perfect airport shuttle early to the airport.

Customer service was unparalleled. They really go above and beyond anyone's expectations. The hostel also felt very safe.

• 6th Aug 2014

This hostel is located just in the center of famous Temple bar district! Should I tell you more? It is really cool to do pub crawl when you are living just next door to the all bars and pubs -- you don't need to worry about anything! Just drink and enjoy the unforgettable atmosphere of Temple Bar

The hostel has a very convinient location and the staff is very friendly.

The location was amazing!! Staff was very friendly and helpful. Overall my experience was great. Highly recommend. Wifi in all rooms, morning breakfast available (7am-9am).

The staff was really friendly. The room was big enough and bathroom was great.

My shoes got stolen, but the manager of the hostel managed to get them back because of the CCTV footage.

• 30th Jul 2014

Hey, Not a problem. But you have to admit leaving your shoes in another room and then getting a 'friend' to leave them outside would make the shoes partial to a trip of their own. In any case spoke to the gent involved, he didn't seam surprised or saddened that we traced him. Bit of an odd situation all round, but all worked out in the end. 3 for security is unfair tho, Did I mention you shouldn't leave your shoes outside in the hall ?? All the best, The Crew

My friend and I (2 females, 25 y/o, Dutch) stayed here for a couple of days and we had a great time! The hostel as clean, the atmosphere was very relaxed, people (both staff and other guests) were very friendly. The hostel was big, but still cozy, we loved it. The location was great; in the middle of the Temple Bar area; restaurants and pubs nearby, (yet the hostel itself was very peaceful during the night). Overall a great experience!

• 29th Jul 2014

Great staff and great location.

Excellent staff in a prime location, will definitely return.

great location in the middle of temple bar. hostel tries to pack in as much as possible, including one bathroom only for a room of 12 (and only one shared bathroom for the entire hostel of 200ish) which meant wait times were big. its quite a small hostel and has a lot of people, so even the common areas are crowded. but, you are paying for location, and that is what you get.

Otherwise I was very happy with my stay, but the wifi and public computers did not work which made it harder to make travel plans.

The location of this hostel was perfect, right near Temple Bar and a short walk to Trinity College and other major attractions. The staff were very knowledgeable and friendly as well. As some other reviews mentioned that showers are bit difficult to use, but for the price and location this is a very small discomfort. I would definitely recommend this hostel to anyone!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7