Barnacles Temple Bar House Reviews

19 Temple Lane, Temple Bar, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

The location of this hostel was perfect, right near Temple Bar and a short walk to Trinity College and other major attractions. The staff were very knowledgeable and friendly as well. As some other reviews mentioned that showers are bit difficult to use, but for the price and location this is a very small discomfort. I would definitely recommend this hostel to anyone!

Good hostel with a very central location. Staff were friendly and helpful and the rooms were large and comfortable.

Great location right in temple bar!! Simple breakfast, clean rooms and kitchen, good wifi, nothing to complain about.

No negative comment about the hostel! Really great place to stay, great location, staff very friendly and good price!

Be mindful that 3 days before you stay at the hostel that they will pre-check your credit card. My card was stolen so the initial card I used I no longer had. Due to this, my first nights reservation was cancelled, but they held beds in another room for us just in case. We decided to stay somewhere else the first night, but still went to Barnacles. They were very nice and apologetic for the situation. Also, since it is right outside Temple Bar, be ready to hear the people at the bar at night.

• 23rd Jul 2014

Hi Christine, Thanks for staying and understanding, we do our best to help and accommodate all guests. Best of luck on your future travels. Thanks, Shane

Location was great, but with warm weather expect to have windows open, and with that noise from the streets of Temple Bar.

Hi Lauren, We really are not prepared for the warm weather. Now it has blown over we are back to normal again, with overcast skys and a nice 17oC. ear plugs at reception for all who may need them, All the best, The Crew

I loved it. It was a bit of all hallways and nothing much and the bathrooms are joined into the rooms which is kind of annoying but everyone who worked there was very nice and it was in a perfect location. I loved the area and my stay there! Thanks barnacles!

No Problem Guys, Come back again soon... The Crew

I came in Dublin to visit and I like the hostel because it's easier to meet nice people and visit with them if they want! Then, in the hostel it was good because the rooms have good beds and it's possible to put your clothes on the consigne except when you have got a big bagage like me !! I think if I could I come back one day here!

• 15th Jul 2014

Hey Aurore, Glad everything was peachey. All the best on your travels, The Crew

Really nice stay at the Barnacles. Very well located, great things organized every day, the staff was helpfull and the room was clean. A perfect place for backpackers or people who whant to meet others from all around the world.

Hi Ann Christin, Delighted you had fun. Will do better to make sure you have more fun the next time, All the best, The Crew

The shower was so higher pressure when you wanted the water to be warm that it hurt your skin to be under it.

• 13th Jul 2014

Hi Christie, It seams this has been an issue for a few people. We are looking into it with the hope of finding a solution for this. Cheers for staying with us. All the best, The Crew

The front desk person was nice. The bedding didn't smell clean. I appreciated the orange juice and coffee with breakfast.

• 13th Jul 2014

Hi Derek, All laundry is done on a daily basis and sheets, duvet and pillow changed after each check out. We use a mild detergent that does not have any scent. This is to account for any allergies that people may have. Breakfast options expanding shortly. Order send in just today? All the best, The Crew

I genuinely don't have a bad word to say about this hostel! The location just cannot be beat, the price is ideal and the staff are lovely! It's perfect for anyone wanting a cheap weekend in Dublin or if you're travelling around. Guaranteed to meet lots of interesting people and have a great time in the process. I was just sad I couldn't stay for longer...

Boom, stay longer the next time Lousie, All the best and thanks for the kind words. The Crew

The location couldn't be better. Right in the middle of Dublin and a short walk to anywhere. The only thing that could have been better is a wider selection of food for breakfast. Apart of that, the hostel is fun clean and safe

The room were nice and clean as was the ensuite. There were big lockers too. the kitchen was good although I had to fight ff 32 French school kids to use anything. If you stay here find out if there is a school group staying and when they plan to take over the kitchen.

Stayed two nights in Barnacles. You couldn't ask for a better location, the pub crawl was great, and the large lockers under the beds were fantastic. This is one of the cleanest hostels I've seen and security was great with 24H key card access. No complaints!

Great hostel. The beds are the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in while at a hostel. The rooms are very clean. Bathrooms would get a little dirty late at night or early morning but nothing gross just normal wear and year. Staff was amazing! Also so nice and willing to help! Great location too. A bit if Walking distance to all major sites but durable or an easy hop on the bus. Highly recommend this place!!!

One of the best hostels I stayed in. The staff were wonderful and the location is perfect. I'll definitely be staying here again when I return to Dublin :)

• 7th Jul 2014

It was a great stay for me, except for when housekeeping took my $40 polo t-shirt and my roommate got peed on by the 50-year old guy sleeping on the top bunk. I would recommend an age cap.

The showers were awful! Most unpleasant experience. To get the water to be even Luke warm, the pressure had to be turned on full to the point where it stung your body & felt like it was ripping your hair. The bottom of the shower filled up with water due to the pressure. The water that came out of the sink smelt foul and when my friend filled her drink bottle up from it it was green and murky.

• 6th Jul 2014

Hi there, Sorry about the problems you came upon. The shower is strong, but we have installed shower curtains to help with the water going on the floor. In Ireland cold water has to come first in the and then mix with hot. I believe this is to avoid scalding. When you checked out we checked the room and yes the sink was blocked, so this is fixed now. We recently received our cert for safe water supply, so I'm not sure what the situation is there. We will keep an eye on it however. Management

Terrible value for money if you get a private! You can barely move in the bathroom or room. And I was charged 68 euros for one night and 55 euro for another. Second night I was woken up twice by two guys barging into my room because my room had been lent out to them by accident. And the bed is separated by a thin wall from a bathroom on the other side and I can hear Absolutely everything in the bathroom while in bed. The atmosphere overall is more prison and less hostel.

• 6th Jul 2014
  • India

Hi , Apologies for the issues that night. We need to look into it but there seams to have been an error with the written room numbers on the pass for the room. While your room is a little small, they are ensuite, clean have a wardrobe and full wifi access inside. I think its unfair to say we are like a prison...we try our best to get it right for you guys but sometimes we make a mistake. All the best and Happy Travels. Management

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7