Barnacles Temple Bar House Reviews

19 Temple Lane, Temple Bar, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

Great location, really friendly and helpful staff! The rooms are big and very clean, and the beds were actually comfortable.

The atmosphere was very good, rooms clean

• 3rd Feb 2016
  • Spain

Found this to be one of the strangest hostel stays we'd ever had. Upon arrival one of the 4 in our group didn't have photo ID with him and it felt like dealing with a government office rather than a hostel trying to sort it. The toilet in the 4 bed room was not in the best condition with a permanent stink coming from it. The main door's we're locked a few times and a "back in 5mins" sign put up when we we're left waiting closer to 20mins. After breakfast we had been locked out of our room...

Thanks very much for your review. We do require all customers to provide identification on arrival and this is also a legal requirement when providing accommodation. We are sorry if you guys were held up the front entrance however for security reasons we do lock the front door at night time.

Loved my stay here! Second time staying here and it was great once again!

• 31st Jan 2016

Great location, comfortable enough, super friendly staff!!!

• 30th Jan 2016

Excellent place, great staff working, great breakfast! better location impossible. beds are really comfortable, and shower was just great as well. i work in hostels in Southamerica sin 5 years so trust me! :)

• 29th Jan 2016
  • Chile

Perfectly located hostel with a nice atmosphere. Good facilities, in good state and clean.

• 29th Jan 2016

Pretty standard hostel, nothing fancy but does the job if you're just looking for somewhere to crash at night. Has a big kitchen and a common room which we didn't really use but might offer a social side if that's what you were looking for. Staff were helpful and nice and perfect location if you want to be close to all that pubs, two doors down from the temple bar.

The staff were friendly and helpful, the hostel was clean and tidy with a great atmosphere. Pricing and location was great, would definitely recommend it to others!

• 26th Jan 2016

THE BEST LOCATION In DUblin - you are in the Heart of Temple Bar -

Great hostel, nice and competent staff, perfect location! Thank you guys!

• 24th Jan 2016

Not bad, perfect location

• 22nd Jan 2016
  • Spain

It was a very nice hostel! I thought that the vibe was more similar to a hotel, but still definitely for young people. The beds weren't the most comfortable, but the free breakfast was really great and the location couldn't be better!

Had a great stay at the Barnacles hostel! They staff are very welcoming and helpful. Location of the hostel couldn't be better: you are right in the middle of the all the pubs, restaurants and live music. I will certainly be looking to stay here again next time I am in Dublin!

• 22nd Jan 2016

I had a lovely stay at Barnacles and really appreciated the friendly staff, who helped me do everything from finding a late night meal to printing out my boarding passes! Keep up the good work!

• 19th Jan 2016

This is an amazing hostel with an amazing staff! I had to cancel my first night due to being stuck in London, and was expecting to be charged for the night, which was fine with me. I finally arrive and they only charged me for the night I was there! The location is great, although i feel it may be a tourist area, it is close to museums and other things. I think my main draw to come back to this location is the amazing staff! Really great hostel!

Great rooms!! Especially appreciated the ensuite bathroom. Right in a busy alley with bars, so everything is accessible and within walking distance...but if you are a super light sleeper it may not be ideal. Not terribly loud, but depending on the night it may have a bit more noise. I wouldn't consider it enough of a problem that it was a detraction. Still great experience!

• 18th Jan 2016

Great location! Not a big fan of the hostel itself.

We enjoyed our two-night stay at Barnacles. The location was great and the staff very friendly, but the fact that the bathroom was inside the dorm room was inconvenient. It meant that everyone woke up when someone went to the bathroom, and there seemed to be only one other bathroom in the hostel for general use. Other than that, though, we thought it was a nice enough hostel.

The hostel has the best location you could wish for. It is a bit noisy in the night, but you are in Dublin and next door to the Temple Bar so it does not matter. The sanitary installations are old an not very reliable especially the toilets. If you like to live cheap and pivotal and with a lot of fun, the Barnacles Temple Bar House is the best choice!

• 15th Jan 2016