Barnacles Temple Bar House

Fabulous 6462 Total Reviews

• Canada, Female, 18-24
11th Apr 2017
8.0

Great location and awesome staff who were helpful. The kitchen and breakfast were fine - just toast/jams, pancakes, juice, coffee. The beds in the dorms were comfy and the location was great. The streets can get a little loud at night but I think that's all part of the experience of staying so close to Temple Bar! The only problem was the bathroom. There was one bathroom/shower in a room of 11 which wasnt the cleanest. There was also only one toilet and one shower for the floor.

10th Apr 2017

Really nice hostel. My only complaint was not being able to stay another night.

• joanneedwards9970
  • Australia, Couple, 25-30
9th Apr 2017
6.3

Check in time is 2:30pm and not a minute before, found he staff tinge extremely strict on this rule, tried to check in at 2:11pm and had to wait until 2:30pm exactly. 6 bed dorm more cramped than a usual hostel. Ensuite toilet didn't flush properly, makes for an awkward introduction to fellow roomies. Great location though right in the middle of temple bar if you don't mind the noise.

Thanks for your feedback. The reason you couldn't check in until 2.30pm is the housekeeping team need this time to get the rooms cleaned , it's that simple really. If the rooms are clean and ready to go early we would have let you check in. Apologies over the toilet flush, it has now been fixed. We hope you enjoyed your time in Dublin and look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Best Regards The Team @ Barnacles

8th Apr 2017

Really central location, nearest street can be noisy but I was still able to sleep relatively well. I think the atmosphere wasn't social at all which was pretty weird because the hostel tried to organize some events but people just weren't attending. So I would recommend this place if you are travelling with a friend or with group, if you are travelling solo I would look for some different place...

1st Apr 2017

I had a single room and it was like a b&b. So clean and so comfortable. The staff was beyond helpful, accommodating, and nice. I would recommend this to all of my friends.

30th Mar 2017
8.0

Really good location, good facilities, big kitchen. The shower was not good, to much water pressure, we got pain because that. The drain in the shower is not enough to flow the water.

• Canada, Female, 25-30
25th Mar 2017

Would recommend! The staff is very nice, provided me with an extra pillow and gave me suggestions of where to eat and recommended a pub crawl. Location is great, right downtown! Very safe as well. Great hostel.

• mollygreenhood165
  • USA, Female, 25-30
25th Mar 2017

Perfect location right in the heart of Temple Bar! Friendly staff, clean rooms and spacious as well. If you're looking for a quiet place to stay, I don't recommend it here, as the nightlife is loud and goes late into the night. Wasn't an issue for me, but I see how it could be for others! Highly recommend.

22nd Mar 2017
6.9

I originally booked a 4 bed female dorm but they put me in a mixed dorm anyhow. The room was small and believe me when I say there is no space to do anything useful. There's barely a spot to rest your toothbrush in the bathroom. On top of all this, I had a really unstable roommate that was passed out drunk all day and snored all night. From the phone calls she was making, she sounded like she was hiding from the law. Definitely didn't feel safe.

• Canada, Female, 25-30
19th Mar 2017

Great location - walkable to most amenities and attractions. Gets a bit loud at night but the hostel supplies ear plugs. Overall good place to stay.