Barnacles Temple Bar House Reviews

19 Temple Lane, Temple Bar, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

Far to noisy kept us awake until 3.00am

• 24th Aug 2014

I went to this hostel for one night in Dublin after a tour of the Country. The staff are the slowest people that I ever seen on Earth, I had to wait 25 minutes to do the check in. The breakfast is served until 9:30, and I mean 9:30 sharp, because I arrived in the kitchen at 9:29 and two people of the staff in one minute took away everything for the breakfast, so I had to go out for eating something.

Overall a really nice hostel. Right in the middle of everything. At night it can get noisy, since all the bars are in that area.

This place is fantastic. Worth the buck. Staff is very cheerful. Rooms are good and secure.

The location is great-just steps away from countless shops, bars, cafes, public transit, the Airlink Express bus stop, and the Liffey River. The staff are also very nice and helpful. The lounge space is also really nice with good wifi connection. It can be quiet or more social depending on your roommates and what you're looking for out of your stay. Their long term luggage storage is also a bargain! Great value for the money!

Friendly, central location and good nights sleep on comfy mattress. Impressed.

Well situated in the centre of Dublin. On the other hand, Temple Bar is sometimes noisy until late at night.

• 13th Aug 2014

Excellent location, clean and welcoming space. The staff was friendly enough, and quite helpful with information about the city. There was a big school group staying while we were there, so we didn't meet many other travelers. The rooms were well-equipped with lockers under the beds and individual lights and outlets by each bed. Cozy common room with movies and computers; nice, bright kitchen with a basic breakfast (toast, coffee, cereal, fruit) in the mornings.

The Staff were lovely. I stayed in a twin room, number 107. The window doesn't open which made me feel very claustrophobic. The shower pressure is far too strong which hurt my skin. It would be good if the Hostel provided a bucket and jug so you don't have to use the shower. I would recommend earplugs because with creaky floorboards and noisy students you may not get much sleep. Having said all that, I would stay there again because I felt safe in such a great location and excellent atmosphere

• 12th Aug 2014

Clean hostel with super comfy beds, hot showers, helpful staff and generally quiet nights. It's basically close to everything.

Excellent hostel and staff. Shower pressure in my room was pretty awesome. Location couldn't be better. If you want to check out the less touristy stuff, simply walk 10-20 mins.

I can't say enough great things about Barnacles! When we arrived, we had a number of problems to figure out and the staff was absolutely wonderful. About 20 minutes after arriving, the staff had solved all our travel complications and we were checked in for the night! Location was great and the people really made the experience.

• 11th Aug 2014

The staff were so helpful! Super friendly and willing to take time to call and set up a car rental service for my younger sister and I. The temple bar area is really lively and barnacles is situated near many of the main sights of Dublin! It does get a little rowdy and loud at night so if you're looking for somewhere quiet maybe consider somewhere else.

Excelent hostel!! The staff were super friendly and informative! The breakfast was great but would be better if it ran for a little longer say til 10:30. The pub crawl was fantastic, definitely a must do! Thanks for a great stay!!

It was hard to find hostel by foot but eventually found. Only stayed one night as it was the only hostel open for a double private room! It was nice though no AC and perfect airport shuttle early to the airport.

Customer service was unparalleled. They really go above and beyond anyone's expectations. The hostel also felt very safe.

• 6th Aug 2014

I love Barnacles! Great location. Friendly and helpful staff. Clean!!

This hostel is located just in the center of famous Temple bar district! Should I tell you more? It is really cool to do pub crawl when you are living just next door to the all bars and pubs -- you don't need to worry about anything! Just drink and enjoy the unforgettable atmosphere of Temple Bar

The hostel has a very convinient location and the staff is very friendly.

The location was amazing!! Staff was very friendly and helpful. Overall my experience was great. Highly recommend. Wifi in all rooms, morning breakfast available (7am-9am).

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7