Barnacles Temple Bar House Reviews

19 Temple Lane, Temple Bar, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

Great location, not the cleanest place, but being in a 10 bed dorm means you have to relax a little bit. Good hostel overall.

Staff were awesome, the lockers under the bed were great, and free breakfast was nice. Wifi was pretty bad if not in common room (disconnecting a lot), and there was a large group of French tourists who would call the common room so all other tourists had to leave, which sucked. I liked the free walking tour very much! I would definitely return again to this hostel but just not as a solo traveller again.

Can't beat the location. It's right next to Temple Bar, which means it's about as centrally located as it gets. Staff was very friendly and helpful with suggesting how to get places and things to do. The only drawback was the atmosphere. It seemed much quieter than other hostels I went to in Ireland. As a solo traveler it was harder to meet people going out here than it had been at other hostels. Maybe I just hit it on some off nights though.

If you are someone who doesn't stay out all night or is a light sleeper I wouldn't recommend this place. Every night I stayed there were people outside shouting and loud music playing till at least 2 or 3 am. There isn't an elevator so heavy bags are a pain to deal with. Wifi really only works well in the common area. Also I would NOT recommend using their laundry service. I did and got all of my clothes back still damp and just thrown in a bag so they were super wrinkled.

Amazing location, clean rooms and comfy couches in the common area. One of the reception staff looks exactly like Dylan Moran, and I think you could capitalise on that and tap into the Black Books market.

As soon as we arrived we were informed that we had been moved to a different room because they overbooked the one we were originally in. The room we were instead moved to was absolutely awful. It was not properly vented and stank of mold constantly. Any time anyone took a shower the entire room grew incredibly hot and the smell of mold was made even worse. I would not recommend this hostel.

My only complaints have to donwith the people that stayed in my room but barnacles can't control that. Overall it was a great place to stay!

• 4th Jul 2015

great location, helpful staff, very secure

Great location, rooms are nice and clean! Loud at night but you are in the ideal location!!

This is by far the worst hostel I've stayed in despite its good reviews. The hostel was filled with 40+ year olds and had no atmosphere as a place for young backpackers. As a social person I found it difficult to meet people as there are no activities when I was there. The room I was in was in the bottom floor and was very humid. They also lock all the common rooms after 12 so there's no where to go but your room after getting home from a night out. Location is great staff ok but that's it.

Great hostel. It was very hard to get the luggage storage compartment out from under the bed though due to a wardrobe in the way.

It was ok the room I was it was extremely hot needed a bigger fan

• 30th Jun 2015
  • Indonesia

Brilliant hostel! Rooms are nice and clean. Location is fantastic. Only con was the room was extremely warm even with the windows open!

• 29th Jun 2015

Great and friendly staff, variety of breakfast items provided and opportunity to hire towels, padlocks etc. if required. They also organise an airport shuttle bus if you ask for it, for 6 euro

• 28th Jun 2015

Staff was super friendly and very helpful. Our room was clean as was the main washroom. Breakfast was average, but free is free :) All and all a wonderful stay in a great location. Thanks!

• 26th Jun 2015

This is a great location-- right in the centre of the Temple Bar area. Only one bathroom for a bedroom of 10 people is a challenge, and it wasn't the cleanest hostel bathroom I've seen, but it works for a night or two. It's definitely more of a party hostel...expect to hear people outside your window at all hours of the night! But that's kind of the point of going to Dublin, in my opinion!

Great location and clean rooms. Nice to have good wifi, lockers for each bed, and tons of outlets. Front desk staff wasn't very friendly is my only complaint.

Comfortable beds, excellent location. Can be a bit noisy so close to all the pubs, but you should be out enjoying them instead of in your room anyways!! Poor wifi in the bedrooms, but other than that I have no complaints!

Barnacles was definitely the best hostel I've stayed in yet. The astmosphere made our time in Dublin so much more exciting. The bedrooms were a good size for a 6 bed female, the facilities were nice- big common room and kitchen. Definitely coming back.

Nice hostel in the middle of Temple bar area!