Barnacles Temple Bar House Reviews

19 Temple Lane, Temple Bar, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

Lockers were nice to have under the bed. Easy to keep things out without having to dig through your backpack. The shower pressure was ridiculous. It was like stepping in front of a fire hydrant every time you wanted to take a shower and then the ground of the bathroom would be covered in water from everyone. Staff was very friendly and helpful, pub crawl was a blast and worth the money, location excellent. Free pasta on Monday nights was a bonus. Secure with key cards for entry into rooms.

We booked a double room for a Monday. The bed

Great location but LOUD as next to The Temple Bar.

this is the second time that we have stayed in Barnacles while competing in the Belfast - Dublin Maracycle We ware able to store our bikes securely overnight and the kitchen was made available to us from 6.00 on the sunday morning due to our early departure. A great location and a well run establishment. i would not hesitate to recommend this hostel and will certainly book again.

• 28th Jun 2014

Overall, a very comfortable stay here. The atmosphere was awesome, being in the heart of Temple Bar, but was also quite rowdy at night. Bring earplugs if you want to get some sleep.

Great location, staff is helpful, common areas are great for meeting people.

Good times, very centrally located. Will definitely be back.

• 24th Jun 2014

Really enjoyed my stay at Barnacles. The location was really good and easily accessible. The staff were very friendly and helpful, the showers were great and the pub crawl was so much fun. Wouldn't hesitate to stay here again and would definitely recommend to my friends!

Great hostel ,very kind staff, nice rooms, great kitchen and common room

Muchas Gracias Nuno.... Happy Travels, the Crew

For the price it was excellent. Staff were very friendly and helpful. We went on the bar crawl organised by the hostel which was great fun and helped us meet a lot of new people. Our room was beside the main street which was a bit noisy but not a major problem. The location was perfect.

• 24th Jun 2014
  • Northern Ireland
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Cheer for the great review Danny. Next time we will bring you on the Crawl... On us, Just get in touch with Shane...

This is a great, inexpensive place to stay. It's nothing fancy and can be a bit noisy at times, but you can't beat the location. If you're travelling with a group like I was (3 girls), it's worth renting the extra bed in a four bed room so that you have a private room.

• 22nd Jun 2014

Great hostel. Very convenient for Dublin and very enjoyable. Rock on Barnacles:)

Rock on Ryan??

Extremely friendly and helpful staff. Most difficult issue was noise from outside hostel late until the wee hours of the morning both band & loud people. Ear plugs should be brought.

• 22nd Jun 2014

It can get a little noisey, smack bang in the middle of it all. Free Ear Plugs at reception for one and all >! The Crew

I would like to say that I had a great time at Barnacles Hostel. the rooms are clean and its located right in the Temple Bar area so is near all the bars, nightlife and main tourist attractions. I would come again if I visited the Irish capital in the future

Great staff - very helpful. Wifi was solid, even on the top floor. I've stayed here a couple of times and will certainly be back at some point.

Cheers Greg, WIFI is now through out the building, in each room, on each floor, at each bed head....Whoop !1 Whoop !!

The facilities were nice, but the room was basically a well-kept broom closet. Very tiny, no table or desk, just a bunk bed (and a low slanting ceiling, so very little head room!) and a chair. The common area and the kitchen were very friendly, but the room was tiny to the point of being claustrophobic.

• 20th Jun 2014

Hi Chad. This particular room is a tad small, but big enough for the average European whom is quite small !! If you have problems just let us know and I'm sure we can do something to help out. The Crew

This hostel has an excellent, social environment which makes it easy to meet fellow travelers. Thatm and the dedicated helpfulness of the staff, make it a place I will definitely return to the next time I'm in town.

Hi Joanna And we will be delighted to have you back. Shane

Great location, excellent walking tours / pub crawls, good atmosphere

Hi Sophie, Great fun was had by all, thanks for the nice review. The Crew

Very helpful staff. Gave lots of hints being useful ;-) Breakfast is acceptable.

• 16th Jun 2014

Breakfast is acceptable, but were nearly there. Going to be offering more items for breakfast coming soon. Just waiting on a few clerical bits and bobs and then were away.... Yippee!1 Expanded Breakfast range coming soon , The Crew

This hostel was a good hostel. Great location. Clean rooms / clean toilets. The staff is very helpful in providing info for day activities / trips. I expected it to be more of a party hostel. Although the pub crawl is cool and you can attend it every night after purchasing a ticket, I was looking forward to pre-drinking and playing games with other members of the hostel. I wish the staff would arrange things like that to make it easier to meet people. Luckily, I had awesome people in my room.