Barnacles Temple Bar House Reviews

19 Temple Lane, Temple Bar, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

Very enjoyable stay!

• 30th Jan 2015

Barnacles is a beautiful hostel in a great location. It would be well suited to people who want to go out in Temple Bar; however, it can be a bit noisy with people yelling in the street below at night. I wish I'd brought a pair of ear plugs. However, security was really good and there was so much going on around the hostel to keep guests entertained.

Definitely BEST place to stay in Dublin!! Vary happy with the place :)

• 29th Jan 2015
  • Croatia

Nice hostel, well located, great shower, big lockers, plugs beside bed.

Best hostel I've ever stayed in! Loved it!

• 28th Jan 2015

Great location!! Was a bit hard as a solo traveler to meet people as the layout is a bit odd with the common room in a closed room upstairs and hidden away a bit. But overall a really good hostel

Good hostel. friendly atmosphere. Great location. stayed in a private room.. Fairly decent. Would stay here again!!!

They were superb in all aspects, especially loved the staff, and you can't forget the kitchen.

This hostel is in an amazing location and not too expensive - especially for the location. Everyone that I've met at this hostel has been really friendly. My room was a little stuffy but fine overall. I've stayed twice in the past few months and really enjoyed my stay both times!

Great location with helpful and friendly staff, although the private room was quite small

• 27th Jan 2015
  • Greece

Everything was perfect except for some issues in the bathroom. It seems that some sewer was flowing back into the toilet bowl. Every time I saw it I had to flush it. Also the shower was more like a rain storm. I was not able to adjust the water flux.

Blown away by the service we received! Staff went above and beyond for us, I've been to a lot of hostels and can honestly say this is the best! Two doors away from The Temple Bar Pub, the location was perfect - right in the centre of temple bar and close to all other tourist attractions. Rooms were cleaned every day, they were always spotless and not too noisy at night considering the location. I would definitely stay here again (and most likely will) and would recommend it to anyone! 10/10

Perfect location and excellent staff. Couldn't expect better.

Very nice! One issue though. 1 bathroom/toilet in a room of 10 people is not very convenient. But that's the only issue we had. We had a great stay.

The staff was extremely helpful. The two ladies working the nights were cheerful and quick to suggest things to do. Thanks everyone!

• 18th Jan 2015

It was very quiet, considering the location. The staff were fantastic. I got into Dublin in the morning from a long haul flight, and they were able to get me settled in quickly so I could rest. Dining room and kitchen were great, as was the common room. Beds were comfy as well. Overall, I loved staying there.

• 16th Jan 2015

Really good hostel to stay, mainly if want to go to pubs and clubs. Walking distance from everything.

The space to open the under-the-bed lockers is not so good. But it is an amazing hostel anyway.

• 14th Jan 2015

Brilliant staff, specially the security guard Wednesday night (14/01/2015). Very helpful, awesome double bedroom. Great location and brilliant value for money!

• 14th Jan 2015

A grand hostel, staff were great, so helpful and funny. Very clean, free breakfast was lovely. It was really quite inside too, which was great. I would stay there again.