Barnacles Temple Bar House Reviews

19 Temple Lane, Temple Bar, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

My time there was almost perfection! The hostel is great, the only problem was the noisy street, but its ok, cause is TEMPLE BAR \o

• 17th Sep 2014

It's in the center of the bar place!! If you want to have a night without noise, don't go there. It's a party place around the hostel!!

Very cool hostel in the heart of Temple Bar. Free walking Tour is great and we had an epic beer pong match. If you can, Book a 6 bed room, once we stayed in an 8 bed Dorm and there was no window you were able to Open.

This was a great place to stay and the perfect location in Dublin right in the heart of the restaurant/bar scene and centralized for easy walking to all of the sites. The staff was very friendly and helpful both at the front desk and the social planner Enrico was fantastic! The room and kitchen area were relatively clean. It was nice having a bin to lock up valuables under the beds. Will stay here again!

I had a better-than-expected stay, and I would stay again. The only thing I really didnt like was that they close the kitchen at midnight, so I was unable to make my own breakfast before leaving to catch my very early flight.

• 16th Sep 2014

The location is great for the fact that it's right in the Temple Bar area. Some of the rooms are very narrow and quite claustrophobic. If the window is open you get noise from the the Temple Bar, if it is closed the room heats up like a sauna. The breakfast is good, staff at the front desk are great and there is also a common area in addition to a kitchen.

Great location. Rooms felt somewhat cramped. Ensuits are tiny. Breakfast was all carbs. Friendly staff. Would recommend.

Enjoyed our stay and such a fab location if you are going to Dublin to party.

• 12th Sep 2014

I had a great time here! The staff were very helpful especially since I had to book an additional night, they made sure to hold a room while I cancelled somewhere else. The beds weren't the best I've had, and the pillows were a little flat, gave me a sore neck. But probably just a concern for me.

The position is excellent, the room and shared facilities were clean. Breakfast was ok. i think the room was to small for 6 people

The best location. Good Staff. Clean. Only the rooms are too small (I was in a 6 bed dorm ensuit)

I enjoyed my stay at Barnacles! The location was amazing, literally right beside Temple Bar. Some reviews say because of the location it's hard to get a good night sleep but honestly I slept perfectly well there. I could hear some music but not anything crazy... It's possible I was in a good room though. Ill come back to stay here again next time I'm in Dublin!

Excellent Location and Stuff! Spend a great time there.

In a great central location. The staff were always extremely friendly as well as knowledgable and always helpful!! Definately one of the best hostels I've stayed in.

• 8th Sep 2014

Highly recommended hostel! Right in the middle of temple bar (where all the irish pubs are). Even managed to save money on the overall trip by using the kitchen facilities for breakfast and dinner - Frozen pizzas from Tesco are much cheaper than a 30 euro pub meal. Helpful staff too!

• 8th Sep 2014

I really enjoyed staying at Barnacles Temple Bar Hostel. The quarters are snug but so is everything in that neighborhood. Some minor issues with the shower (slow drain) but the staff looked after it promptly. The kitchen was fine, some people complained about being asked to wash your own breakfast dishes, but I don't mind. Breakfast was toast, mixed fruit, cereal, juice and coffee which seems to be good for the other hostels I've stayed. Pub Crawl and tour coordination was also very good

Everything went really great here. The location is incredible, they have cages beneath the bunks (just remember to bring your own locks!), and the staff were super friendly. The only downside is that the rooms are pretty small and narrow. But next time I am around Dublin this will be my first pick.

Awesome place to stay while in Dublin. Great location that is easy to find and get to from the airport. Great atmosphere, the activities and tours that can be booked through the hostel is an easy way to meet people. Comfy bed. Recommend to other solo travelers.

Our room was barely more than a closet with a bunkbed and the tiniest bathroom imaginable, but i guess we got what we paid for! Lots of other young people staying here, and lots of organized events in the evening. I wish I had time for the pub crawl, sounds like a lot of fun. I like how they also do a walking tour from the hostel.

Bring earplugs. But the extra noise should be expected in this location.