Barnacles Temple Bar House Reviews

19 Temple Lane, Temple Bar, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

Overall an amazing experience. Very nice and comfortable rooms and the hostel has a great vibe.

• 21st Dec 2014
  • Panama

I had a really great time at this hostel. It was my first time traveling alone, but the hostel staff were at the desk at any time so I could ask questions and access my stored luggage while feeling like it was secure. I also appreciated all the opportunities to get to know other people in the hostel, like breakfast, and the posters on the walls and pamphlets that had good ideas for how to spend my time in Dublin. I made some friends from the hostel during the free walking tour.

• 20th Dec 2014

Thoroughly enjoyed both the walking tour and the pub crawl! They made meeting people super easy. As well as the communal areas where you could find people to chat to too, this was all up to you though. Staff friendly. Rooms clean with lockers. Location great! Can walk everywhere and good for going out. I always felt safe at night.

The hostel bar crawl is awesome and would definetly recommend!

• 17th Dec 2014

One problem was person in dorm- her wet washing everywhere so smelt damp! Couldnt access 2 of the storage lockers cos of fixed wardrobe . On other hand reported repairs done quickly. Staff excellent as usual.

Amazing position, amazing staff, amazing atmosphere

• 14th Dec 2014

Loved my stay at Barnacles! One tiny detail I'd mention are squeaky bathroom doors, they make it hard to go to bed quietly sometimes.

I really liked this hostel. It was right in the heart of Temple Bar, the staff are friendly, and it had free breakfast! Need I say more? The rooms were great and I was lucky enough to sleep on that one awkward bed that wasn't a bunk bed! Suggestion: the bed numbers are extremely difficult to see. It was like an initiation experience as every new person who came in struggled to find their bed until they asked for help.

Staff were super helpful and friendly. I was only there for one night so I can't really speak to much more than the most basic stuff, but it was a very comfortable place. Carpet smelled a bit like feet but it wasn't strong and it couldn't figure out how to make the shower water colder so it was really hot, but other than that, everything was fantastic

hostel was clean, safe and in a perfect location. But the staff was absolutely incredible. couldn't recommend this place highly enough. if you're staying in Dublin, stay here

Nice hostel in great location. Friendly staff. We had a private double ensuite, very cozy but not bad. Noise level is high but what can u expect in a big European hostel. Small breakfast included isn't much but it's free. Would stay here again.

The location is top notch. There are some rooms in which the street noise is quite audible. But you're staying in the temple bar area so really you should know what you're in for and go join in. Overall a good place to stay.

It was a good eperience. The Hostel is in the Center of "movida" near Temple Bar. It's clean and the receptionist very polite.

Who cares about the bad weather when inside the hostel there is nice people, good music and beer pong!!!

• 3rd Dec 2014

Loved our stay here! Clean rooms, helpful staff, and lovely hostel overall!

A really nice stay! Very clean and tidy! The staff are really nice! With 2 Sockets at each bed. Would be better if the lamp at the bed is fixed. (as mine is broken)

• 2nd Dec 2014
  • Hong Kong

It's really close to Temple bar! just one-minute walk and there are nice staffs. Card key was very comfortable and there's no deposit for the key. But luggage cages under beds are quite annoying and earlier breakfast will be needed for like Cliffs of Moher tourists.

I only stayed one night but I liked what I saw. If u r trying to decide between this one n Abbey Court I would EXTREMELY advice u to stay at Barnacles. It is far far better than Abbey. Good size rooms but beds squeak too much, n if you're delicate to noise I would not stay there Friday or Saturday night lol I was at the Pubs n coming back to the hostel at 3 I could really hear all the street noise. WiFi works quite well but upload speed is next to nothing. Couldn't get much better location wi

This hostel is in a great location - right in the middle of the Temple Bar district and a short walk from many other points of interest in the city. We had a twin private room that was very small but clean. Our main problem with it was the noise - it was SO loud pretty much all night, which made it really difficult to sleep. For the price we paid, we were not thrilled about that. Granted, we were there on the weekend, but something should be done to control the noise - it was ridiculous.

This is was my second stay at Barnacles. With a great location, great staff, comfy beds, free breakfast and wifi