Barnacles Temple Bar House Reviews

19 Temple Lane, Temple Bar, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

Great hostel with a decent amount of common space! The beds all have their own sockets and lamps which is very convenient and a notable absence in a lot of hostels. The kitchen is very usable and the common room nice and spread out. It's definitely not a youth hostel though and there were even two families staying there when I was. Not a bad thing, just some variety! The rooms and bathrooms were kept clean and staff were very helpful.

Great location in temple bar, can walk to a lot of pubs and good places to eat also very near trinity college and the river... Met some cool people in my dorm however not a party hostel atmosphere. Common room in an odd place so no one was ever in it... Free breakfast was nice... Good place to stay!

Good hostel located just between Dame and Temple Bar, staff were mixed, some super chatty and friendly, others were a bit quieter! Had to get through about 3 keycard doors to get to the room and good cages under the bed so all good on secuity. The stone floors in the rooms are a bit cold, but i guess it makes it easier for cleaning, was in a 12 bed that didn't feel like a 12 which is always nice. All in all, deecent location cheap and good banter from staff (and plug in the bed) would stay again

Lovely staff and most helpful thank you.

• 1st Apr 2015

No better location to stay in Dublin, it's most central you can get. Nothing bad to say, and for the price it is great!

• 31st Mar 2015

Staff was incredible helpful, and the rooms were very comfortable. Comfy beds, clean bathrooms, and power outlets and lights next to each bed. If you have an exterior room, be warned that the noise at night from the Temple Bar district right next door can be annoying.

The Temple Bar Hostel was a great place to stay, and I was there for three nights. My belongings were safe and secure and the staff was more than accommodating with everything I needed. It was a super social environment and I met some great people. The breakfast included in the morning was a great way to start the day. I would definitely stay here again on my next trip to Dublin

Very good value for money, location.

• 27th Mar 2015

The staff is super friendly and nice! The location is great if you are going to party and have some fun, is right by Temple Bar area. I really enjoyed my stay there!

The staff was amazing. I'm a type one diabetic and were extremely accommodating, understanding, and friendly when it came to those neccesities. I would recommend staying here whenever in Dublin

Very good hostel, the people I met were lovely and staff were very helpful. The location is also excellent and the pub crawl was also very good. Good hostel for meeting new people, just a shame they were doing kitchen repairs when I stayed.

Superb Location in the centre of Temple Bar district, friendly and helpful staff.

There isn't a better location in Dublin! It is quiet enough to sleep but all the nightlife is right around the corner!

• 23rd Mar 2015

The rooms got a little stuffy, we were in a four bedroom, and the pillows were pretty flat. But if those are the biggest complaints, that's pretty great! Security was well done, cafes under the bed were nice, and the key card and security card to get into the hostel was well-done considering the location. The only noise problems were from inside the hostel and they didn't last all night. Great place!

Great location, very helpful staff. Would definitely recommend to anyone looking for an affordable and well kept place to stay in the city.

I found that my stay in Barnacles as pleasant. Despite its location which is in the centre of Temple Bar district I still could enjoy a relaxing atmosphere at this hostel and ofcourse had no trouble to sleep after long day out. The staffs in general were all friendly and accomodating. Thanks for such hospitality Barnacles. I wish you all would keep doing well with your hostel service!

A loud and touristy area. Definitely the party scene. Great for young bucks looking to socialize! Not so much for you older folks. Staff here is friendly and very helpful

Location could not be better for a young traveler. Could be loud and noisey outside if not into it. Very nice, if there on Mondays they give you free dinner. Overall great experience here

really good hostel!! stayed there during st pattys day so it was a bit more expensive, but the location cant be beat! right next to temple bar, 5 mins walk to trinity college, close to bus stops/airport shuttles and day trip coaches, lots of food options as well! stayed in the 6 bed dorm which was kind of small for the amount of people, but had an ensuite bathroom and the beds were comfy! breakfast is basic: cereal, toast but they have a kitchen to cook your own food if you wish! will recommend!

Basic cramped hostel but great location in the heart of temple bar. People coming and going in our room at all hours. Go there if you expect to be out partying most of the time. If you want a quiet time, try somewhere else :)

Thanks for taking the time to review our hostel. Unfortunately with shared rooms you will have people coming and going. We do ask our guests to keep quiet and be considerate of all guests but sometimes, despite our best efforts, it can be noisy. If you are in Dublin again please get in touch and we will book a private room for you, its a quieter option. Thanks again The Team at Barnacles