Barnacles Temple Bar House Reviews

19 Temple Lane, Temple Bar, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

Definitely the best hostel in Dublin! Nice staff, great location and everything is at walking distance.

I thought it was a lovely stay , rooms were very spaced out , beds very comfortable , staff very friendly , location is central , myself been from this country would recommend this hostel to tourists that are visiting the capital

• 19th Jul 2015

Loved it! Good atmosphere, best hostel I've stayed in yet.

a really friendly and young atmosphere, had a lot of fun, thank you barnacles ;)

Huge hostel but with great facilities including a common room with lots of info and maps etc. good atmosphere too and in a great location!

Great location! Close to everything we wanted to see. The staff were wonderfully friendly and helpful.

Perfect location if Temple bar is your thing!! So awesome being so close to so much action and great pubs!! Staff were excellent. Went above and beyond their duties. Comfy beds, big lockers, lights and charging points above each bed. Loved having an ensuite attached to dorm, made showering so much easier. Big social kitchen. Some rooms require a walk up and down stairs but backpackers shouldn't complain about that!!! Great value for money!!

Located in temple bar, which is the tourist capital of Dublin, so it is very overpriced and not as cool as other parts of the city. Staff was helpful in finding fun bars. Showers flooded the bathroom too easily, always a puddle in the bathroom. Dorms were fine, kitchen available and very clean. If I went to Dublin again, I would stay outside of temple bar, but for a few nights its fine

Large corporate impersonal hostel in a touristy city

the bathroom situation in the en-suite rooms are a bit annoying. there's always tons of water on the floor after showers due to the style of the shower.

• 13th Jul 2015

We had a 4 bed room mixed dorm and our room was fantastic. It was clean, we had our own clean bathroom and a balcony! Wish we could have stayed more than one night. You're also right in the middle of everything so it was very convenient. Highly recommended.

Kitchen closed quite early, like 23 or something like that. Wifi was poor, this should be better. They charged you 2 euros to leave your bags for the day.

Very nice Hostel and very friendly and helpful staff. it is well located (right next to Temple Bar) and has easy walking access to the main Dublin attractions. Rooms were small but always clean. Bear in mind that it is not recommendable if you want to rest, since as it is in the Pub área, there is noise up until 1/ 2am.

Nicest hostel I stayed at in Europe so far. The staff was great, the people were great, the location was great. It was right in the middle of the temple bar area which is great for night life. If you plan on going to bed early, however, it is loud at night do to this, so be warned. If I ever go to Dublin I would definitely stay there again.

• 11th Jul 2015

Really nice friendly and centrally located hostel. Staff were very helpful.

Great location but noisy as hell.

Great location, not the cleanest place, but being in a 10 bed dorm means you have to relax a little bit. Good hostel overall.

Staff were awesome, the lockers under the bed were great, and free breakfast was nice. Wifi was pretty bad if not in common room (disconnecting a lot), and there was a large group of French tourists who would call the common room so all other tourists had to leave, which sucked. I liked the free walking tour very much! I would definitely return again to this hostel but just not as a solo traveller again.

Can't beat the location. It's right next to Temple Bar, which means it's about as centrally located as it gets. Staff was very friendly and helpful with suggesting how to get places and things to do. The only drawback was the atmosphere. It seemed much quieter than other hostels I went to in Ireland. As a solo traveler it was harder to meet people going out here than it had been at other hostels. Maybe I just hit it on some off nights though.

If you are someone who doesn't stay out all night or is a light sleeper I wouldn't recommend this place. Every night I stayed there were people outside shouting and loud music playing till at least 2 or 3 am. There isn't an elevator so heavy bags are a pain to deal with. Wifi really only works well in the common area. Also I would NOT recommend using their laundry service. I did and got all of my clothes back still damp and just thrown in a bag so they were super wrinkled.