Barnacles Temple Bar House Reviews

19 Temple Lane, Temple Bar, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

Excellently located hostel in the heart of temple bar. The staff were very friendly and helpful!

Nice hostel, great friendly vibrant staff always willing to help. Couldnt be in a better location for a young traveler looking to soak up the partying in a central area. Tons of bars around, also take advantage of hostel airport shuttle, couldnt have been more on-time. Dublins a lot of fun, only knock was the atmosphere inside the hostel was a bit lacking, people mainly staying in their own cliques and not venturing out of their comfort zone. Anyways, fun time and would come back for sure.

The two better points were location (right next to Temple Bar Street is, where all the fuzz happens in Dublin, specially if you're not from there) and the Staff that was always willing to help us and showed a lot of patience with us and the other guests. The overall quality of the Hostel is very good, I'd loved it if the wi-fi worked a little better in out room, but that's not enough reason to lower their score.

• 11th Jan 2014

Great hostel! Cannot be beaten for location. The communal areas were great, people were having a few drinks together and meeting new people. We had a great time visiting Dublin, and I'd definitely recomend this hostel to anyone, solo travellers, couples or big groups!

Very central, good if you are planning to explore the Temple Bar district. Good hostel, nothing special (neither very good nor very bad). The low water pressure in the shower made it almost impossible to have a shower. Maybe this is only true for the third floor.

• 1st Jan 2014

They did not get my booking. Luckily I had a confirmation. We had to change our room every day, but they gave us a great discount and extended checkout time every day..

• 29th Dec 2013

This hostel is in a great location but the facilities were horrible. The place needs to be renovated because everything is old and falling apart. The free internet was crazy slow, the staff weren't much help until we asked about getting a refund, and the toilets never flushed on the first try.

Thank you for your review. Sorry we made you unhappy from start as we couldn't let you go to your room earlier due to a large number of check outs as it was New Year’s Eve. Your room was renovated last February and it is nice and cozy. Our staff were trying their best but it simply wasn't enough. Please, receive our apologies. Our toilets are good old Irish things and we are proud of having them as a part of our history. We wish you All best. Kind Regards, Manager

Great location in the middle of Temple Bar. Helpful and friendly staff available 24/7. As a solo traveller, it was a bit hard to talk with others staying in the hostel since most of them were travelling in groups. Bed was a bit squeaky and breakfast was just toast, but other than that I enjoyed my stay.

The location is amazing. If you go there to sleep at all, stay clear. You are right next to Temple bar and it is insanely loud until 330 am. If you come to party choose this place, great party hostel. Unfortunately I wasn't there to just party so no sleep was rough. Area of improvement: Wifi. It was not up to par to other hostels I've stayed at.

good location

• 26th Dec 2013
  • China

The hostels are great, the staff very helpful and accommodating. I would stay here again and definitely recommend both the Galway and Dublin hostels.

• 22nd Dec 2013
  • South Africa

The very central location of the hostel makes it perfect! Right next to the famous Temple Bar! The staff was really nice and helpfull. Rooms were good. Pubcrawl was great!

Only stayed one night but wish I could have stayed longer! Nightly pub crawl was an A+ for facilitating guest interaction and meeting fellow travellers. Facilities were clean, staff was nice, and the location was perfect for exploring Dublin.

the rooms were really small but they were nice, staff was really friendly!

The staff was very friendly and helpful, and the hostel is very clean. Also perfect for girls travelling alone like me. Rooms (I was in a 4 bed room) are quite small, but for 2-3 nights it was not a problem .

• 9th Dec 2013
  • Hungary

brilliant location, very friendly and helpful staff both before and during our stay. highly recommended.

• 7th Dec 2013
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Perfect location for girls/lads weekend!

• 6th Dec 2013

Everything about my stay was good except the wifi didn't work in our rooms which meant having to go to the dining area or freezing cold common room to use the wifi. Staff were very friendly too!

Checked in by a gorgeous American girl, offered us late check out which was amazingly appreciated! Great mood while checking in!!

• 3rd Dec 2013

Good spot in Dublin. I'm not a big fan of the city but its in a nice location close to many pubs and great places to be.