Barnacles Temple Bar House Reviews

19 Temple Lane, Temple Bar, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

Everything was perfect. Thank you very much !!!!

• 20th Dec 2015

Loved the stay here! The staff were exceedingly friendly, gave us great eatery-recommendations, and upgraded our room as we were visiting off-season. The location was perfect, just a short walk from the best bars and many of the museums and bus stations.

• 20th Dec 2015

Was perfect location, we were upgraded to a private room which was nice, small but we were only using it to go to sleep we were out the whole time. Free breakfast was really good, we had it 2 mornings. Brilliant location, one night it was very noisy as there's no curfew but the others we heard nothing but then again we were getting in late. Couldn't believe how cheap it was & chuffed with the cleanliness. It's more like a hotel & when you first walk in it seems like you're in a travel agents

Overall great hostel

I booked a double room as it had a pic of a double bed. It was a bunk room with a bad shower for €100. Rip off!! I booked into the temple bar hotel the next weekend for €70 with breakfast. And that's a 3 star hotel with a better location and a residents bar on St stephens (boxing ) night. I will not be back at that price.

• 19th Dec 2015

Staff were friendly, great value and clean!

• 18th Dec 2015

Great hostel with a very accommodating staff.

Great hostel in a great location just a stones throw from the main strip of pubs in the Temple Bar area. If I make it back to Dublin, I'd definitely go back to Barnacles.

I spent 2 night in this hostel and I was very satisfied with it. Definitely a good vale for money.

Pubcrawl was a rip-off. Rather go alone for a pubcrawl.

• 15th Dec 2015

Great location. Some of the staff were really great, others a little rude. But the close proximity to everything made it worthwhile.

Top notch. Have stayed and will continue to stay here 👍

Great location Bathroom was small, dirty, shower screen was broken and the toilet made a horrible noise when flushed!

Stayed for a night around the Christmas period, this was the cheapest we could get but it still wasn't great value for money. Great central location but this means there's a lot of noise from the street below. The room was quite cramped but at least it was a private double with en-suite. The heating wasn't working so we had to use a tiny electric heater which wasn't really great. The room could also do with some blinds or net curtain as we had to keep the heavy curtains closed all the time.

• 12th Dec 2015

A great hostel, very nice staff and accommodation. If there was a room for chronic snorers it would be fantastic but only in a perfect world! 😂 Would highly recommend.

I was a solo female traveler from the states. As soon as I checked in before my room was available, I was impressed with the staff and security of this hostel! Once I was able to check out my room, I was appreciative of the cleanliness and atmosphere. I stayed in a 6 bed mixed dorm for 5 days/nights and thoroughly enjoyed my visited meeting many people my own age! All in all, I would 100% recommend this hostel to anyone staying in the Dublin area! Thanks for the great experience Barnacles!!

Right in the heart of the Temple Bar district which is convenient but it can get a bit loud outside at night.

Good stay. Great location, everything else just average.

Great location !!! Clean dorms and bathrooms,with easy access and secure lockers. Each bunk has 2x plug points which is useful. Chill lounge and kitchen we're excellent. Wi-fi in our dorm (105) was really unreliable and often lots of us couldn't access it, but in common rooms wifi is good.

Great location and friendly staff!