Barnacles Temple Bar House Reviews

19 Temple Lane, Temple Bar, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

Had a great time when we arrived in Dublin. Was the perfect spot to people watch being so close to the Temple Bar.

The staff were brilliant and very helpful. The accommodation was very clean and most comfortable.

• 10th Oct 2014
  • Wales
  • Couple, 41+

Great hostel, great location and friendly, helpful staff. Rooms were clean and facilities good, really enjoyed the stay.

Beds are really hard. We left with sore spots. Pillows are old, worn out and flat. Other younger guests noisy. Perhaps not the best place to stay if you require rest or are over 40 and are not there to party. 😃

The hostel was in a great location but a loud one! I was definitely kept up at night by people partying outside. The staff were friendly and helpful. The major downfall of this hostel was that the rooms were so small! There was hardly any room to move around in the room with 6 girls and all of the luggage. Despite the issues my stay was enjoyable and I would probably stay at this hostel again.

This was an excellent hostel! Especially for my first experience staying in a hostel, I had low expectations to start off with, but the staff was extremely accommodating, the services were easy to use, and even staying in one of the 10-person rooms was still pleasant and good. I was also traveling by myself as a 20-year old woman, and I always felt safe. Literally the only thing I could think of as negative was that the Wifi was occasionally spotty, but it never completely broke down.

The rooms were nice but the bathrooms were too smal. Even though it was "ensuite", sharing such a small bathroom with up to 10 people is uncomfortable. The internet also was terrible. Apart from that, the location is excellent, the staff is helpful and the common room is ok. I'd recommend if you plan to go only to sleep.

Clean and comfortable. Very helpful staff. First night was very noisy. But second night was perfect.

• 28th Sep 2014

This hostel was PERFECT! We stayed in an 11 bed dorm, and it was luxury. We had our own ensuite which was cleaned perfectly every day. The best feature by far was that every bed had its own power outlet and lamp.Wifi and big cages in the room. Even though it was located quite literally in the heart of Temple Bar, it was super quiet once we closed the windows for the night. Would definitely recommend without a second thought and will stay again if I go back to Dublin!

We would definitely stay there again. A faulty fire alarm at 7am gave us a panic for a bit.

• 27th Sep 2014

Smoke alarm was off for three times in the morning on 29, Sept, 2014 causing chaos... ... scared us!! computer only schedule for 20 mins, then auto off.other places can use as long as you like. a bit annoying.

Thank you reception guys for doing your best . And thank you Dublin for being such a warm (in the weather too¡) and easy to walk city. I,ll be back.

• 25th Sep 2014
  • Spain

Love it here! Best location a hostel can offer. All the staff were really awesome and really helpful!

• 22nd Sep 2014

Barnacles is an excellent place to stay as its located in the heart of everything. Great atmosphere, have nothing bad to say about this hostel.

• 21st Sep 2014

The fact you can get wi-fi in your room, yup, that really did it for me. Highly recommend. Will be back for sure

• 21st Sep 2014

Fantastic hostel in an amazing location. Room was a bit small (we saw inside other dorms in the building and they were much bigger), but it was okay because we had nice dormmates. Would have been interesting if we didn't!

The location of Barnacles Temple Bar House was phenomenal. It was right in the middle of Temple Bar and it was very convenient going from place to place. With that being said it is in the middle of "party town" and it is very very loud. The hostel, I feel, put too many people in the rooms there. Our six person room was incredibly small.

• 19th Sep 2014

My time there was almost perfection! The hostel is great, the only problem was the noisy street, but its ok, cause is TEMPLE BAR \o

• 17th Sep 2014

It's in the center of the bar place!! If you want to have a night without noise, don't go there. It's a party place around the hostel!!

Very cool hostel in the heart of Temple Bar. Free walking Tour is great and we had an epic beer pong match. If you can, Book a 6 bed room, once we stayed in an 8 bed Dorm and there was no window you were able to Open.