Barnacles Temple Bar House Reviews

19 Temple Lane, Temple Bar, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

A great place to crash for the night with many fun day trip options.. friendly staff and comfortable beds (although the dorms may not be very spacious). When I returned to Dublin, I elected not to return to Barnacles because I wanted a location outside of the nonstop noise of Temple Bar. If you're in Dublin to party ever night, look no further. If you just need a place to sleep, you won't go wrong here, but there are better options.

Couldn't have been happier with this hostel! The staff was knowledgeable and approachable, the space was clean, modern, vibrant, and safe, and the location was perfect for a young person exploring Dublin. Definitely hope to return!

Good hostel, fantastic location right next to Temple Bar. Clean rooms and beds, good wifi, nice staff, lockers in room, etc.

First stay at a hostel and I was pleasantly surprised. Facilities are nice, staff are helpful, location amazing, lots of accommodations such as free breakfast and walking tours of the city. Some noise from the busy street but nothing unbearable. Over all a very comfortable stay.

• 5th Feb 2015

Everything was wonderful! The best hostel I've stayed at. Went there traveling by myself and made so many new friends. Everything was clean, staff was very helpful and had good suggestions of places to go/eat/everything. Some students at a local uni live there and are all very friendly and helpful as well. I stayed for 5 nights.

Location is great, next to Temple Bar. Room is warm and cozy, not noisy at the night. Stuff not very friendly that the only issue, others were fine.

Great location, great staff, and decent facilities. Yes, the place is loud... But that's to be expected due to the location. Between the street noise, drunken guest wandering in at all hours of the night, and inconsiderate individuals hooking up in the top bunk (and apparently unable to master the concept of a whisper, haha), it was pretty difficult to sleep. I suppose that would not be an issue if I had been drunk. That being said, if you want to get drunk and party, stay here. Otherwise don't.

Very enjoyable stay!

• 30th Jan 2015

Barnacles is a beautiful hostel in a great location. It would be well suited to people who want to go out in Temple Bar; however, it can be a bit noisy with people yelling in the street below at night. I wish I'd brought a pair of ear plugs. However, security was really good and there was so much going on around the hostel to keep guests entertained.

Definitely BEST place to stay in Dublin!! Vary happy with the place :)

• 29th Jan 2015
  • Croatia

Nice hostel, well located, great shower, big lockers, plugs beside bed.

Best hostel I've ever stayed in! Loved it!

• 28th Jan 2015

Great location!! Was a bit hard as a solo traveler to meet people as the layout is a bit odd with the common room in a closed room upstairs and hidden away a bit. But overall a really good hostel

Good hostel. friendly atmosphere. Great location. stayed in a private room.. Fairly decent. Would stay here again!!!

They were superb in all aspects, especially loved the staff, and you can't forget the kitchen.

This hostel is in an amazing location and not too expensive - especially for the location. Everyone that I've met at this hostel has been really friendly. My room was a little stuffy but fine overall. I've stayed twice in the past few months and really enjoyed my stay both times!

Great location with helpful and friendly staff, although the private room was quite small

• 27th Jan 2015
  • Greece

Everything was perfect except for some issues in the bathroom. It seems that some sewer was flowing back into the toilet bowl. Every time I saw it I had to flush it. Also the shower was more like a rain storm. I was not able to adjust the water flux.

Blown away by the service we received! Staff went above and beyond for us, I've been to a lot of hostels and can honestly say this is the best! Two doors away from The Temple Bar Pub, the location was perfect - right in the centre of temple bar and close to all other tourist attractions. Rooms were cleaned every day, they were always spotless and not too noisy at night considering the location. I would definitely stay here again (and most likely will) and would recommend it to anyone! 10/10

Perfect location and excellent staff. Couldn't expect better.