Barnacles Temple Bar House Reviews

19 Temple Lane, Temple Bar, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

During the time of our stay the supply of hot water was not working properly which resulted in a lot VERY cold showers...

• 1st Dec 2013

I can not understand how this won Hostel of the year for Ireland, it was the WORST hostel i stayed in ever. room only had 3 lockers for 4 beds. We had no hot water for 2 days, which sucks in winter. The shower head pointed over shower bottom so when u opened shower door to turn on water went out door and onto bathroom floor. Bathroom flooded 2 out 4 days there. Breakfast was poor, only toast, juice, tea coffee, cereal is not hard to offer. Staff was nice but terrible rooms.

Hi there, Thanks for choosing us. You should have told us about the water as we can boost the boilers which will give you plenty of water with-in 10 minutes. You stayed with us for five days in total so couldn't have been all bad. You even left and came back again after 5 a 5 day tour. Strange indeed. Breakfast is free, but you can have as much as you like, and your 4 bed room has an ensuite. Try us again some time, but let us know of any issues and we will fix them.

Perfect location if You look for a place in the city center nearby the pubs in the tempel bar. Just 10 meters walking. Hostel is not quait because of the location. Whe just sleep in the hostel, breakfast is verry early If whe go visit Dublin again for another concert whe will stay here again.

+ Location + Location + Cheap night stay with breakfast included + Staff was very helpful - Very noisy at nights specially if you are near kitchen - Very small room for 4 - Heating was bad, didnt work, I was offered a small heater - Separate hot/cold taps in wash basin/sink :) + If you wanted hot shower, only speed worked was max giving you a good body massage :D

The hostel's location is great but the room I stayed in was very cramped and dark. It's fine if you plan on being out every night you're there though.

Will definitely be staying in this hostel the next time i'm in Dublin thank you from the Donegal lads...

• 25th Nov 2013

the people that work and stay there make the place simply unforgettable, you meet so many great folks, some of who you stay in touch with even after you've left...

Great place to stay and great staff

• 24th Nov 2013

Could do with a better area to store luggage

Ive stayed here before and really like this hostel. Perfect locations! Could use a full length mirror in the mixed dorm though. I stayed in an 8 person mixed and no mirror expect small one in bathroom.

• 22nd Nov 2013

Awesome location, friendly staff, clean rrooms, and cool atmosphere. Nice!

Great hostel! Very friendly and helpful staff. If they don't know the answer to your question right away, they make sure to look it up and get it to you later. We've got some very good suggestions for places to grab a bite. We would definately recommend Barnacles, situated right in Temple Bar, close to, well, everything. Good value for your money. There's 24h reception and doors operate on card keys. Lockers under the bunk beds. Very basic breakfast, but we didn't mind. Must do: Comedy Crunch.

Great location and nice staff

Lovely place to stay, and you can't ask for a better location! The staff can be very bland (ESP. The front desk lady), but some were quite lovely. Make sure to bring a lock for the "storage" space under your bed. My bathroom was in my room which was fabulous though! It's just a tad tight quarters once you're there. Great place, and have great recommendations on pubs/places to eat. Not very social, though once there. GREAT place to stay overall!

The location is perfect for a first stay in Dublin. The room was not noisy but the beds were (time to grease them!). The breakfast is extremely simple (bread/butter/jam/coffee/orange juice) and early (btw 7 & 9). The common room is nice and the Wifi very reliable. Well, it was a good stay. The pub crawl is cool once, but gets repetitive if you go back the day after.

I have nothing bad to say about this hostel. Its all good. The only thing maybe is about the baskets for the luggage under the beds. It would be great if you could lock them, then I would have marked security as excellent. Very friendly staff. I would stay here again.

Stayed here twice now and I'd definitely stay here again! Friendly staff (Dave is a legend), great location, and everyone there seems to be up for a bit of craic. You get what you pay for in terms of the rooms, breakfast and facilities and it is certainly a great place to stay, would definitely recommend!

• 11th Nov 2013

The location is prime, but I wasn't too fond of the cold showers and the small ensuite.

Only in Dublin for 24hrs and as all I needed was a bed for the end of the night , barnacles provided this , great location in the heart of the temple bar area , the only downside of my short visit was the price of a pint in some of the local bars ... Other than that my stay at barnicles was great.

• 9th Nov 2013

Stayed at this hostel for a night before and night after a Shamrocker tour (highly recommend this tour company also). It was a fantastic location, easy to get to from airport and included a basic breakfast. Showers were difficult to use but otherwise the rooms were great! Would visit again!