Barnacles Temple Bar House Reviews

19 Temple Lane, Temple Bar, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

Good stay. Great location, everything else just average.

Great location !!! Clean dorms and bathrooms,with easy access and secure lockers. Each bunk has 2x plug points which is useful. Chill lounge and kitchen we're excellent. Wi-fi in our dorm (105) was really unreliable and often lots of us couldn't access it, but in common rooms wifi is good.

Great location and friendly staff!

The hostel staff were extremely friendly and more than accommodating. I had a cancelled flight and the it's at the front desk did everything they could to make the situation easier on myself. The location is great, everything I needed/wanted to do was in walking distance. I found it easy to meet other backpackers as well.

Staff are great, enjoyed my stay once again. Will be booking in the future.

• 2nd Dec 2015

Very friendly staff

• 1st Dec 2015

Very clean, great security, great staff, great hostel. One of the best hostels I have ever stayed in.

Barnacles' staff was extremely helpful and kind in any questions I had about getting around the city. The rooms were kept very clean as well as the beds and sheets. I loved the location of Barnacles as it is right in the center of Temple Bar which has a good number of pubs and restaurants. The only detriment to my stay was the shower. The water pressure and heat was fine, but water always tended to go everywhere. Otherwise, it was a great hostel to stay in.

• 29th Nov 2015

We had problems with leaking in the bathroom and the staff were so helpful and apologetic, they seemed to have it fixed very quickly. There was a bathroom next door so it wasn't an issue. They also do a free dinner one night but I never saw it advertised so I had already prepared my dinner in the kitchen. Lovely staff and good location. It was full of other travellers so I found it easy to talk to people

Nice hostel, good location for pubs and the party scene.

Expensive for what it is, not very personal hostel and average atmosphere, but overall fine and in great location

Thank you for an exceptional place to stay - right in the heart of Temple Bar. The staff were brilliant - friendly, professional and excellent local knowledge. I could not have chosen a better place to stay to celebrate my 40th birthday. The breakfast was great too! Please pass on our thanks to all, much appreciated, Kerry

• 28th Nov 2015

It was clean, friendly, and accommodating! They should have everything you need and are very helpful. If you are traveling alone or want to meet others, they host frequent events (daily, I think!). The only downside is the noise from outside; but you're staying in Temple Bar so it's expected. Earplugs will do the trick. I slept perfectly!

Staff is incredibly helpful. Was a false fire alarm at night, and the staff was very apologetic. Very much appreciated. Awesome location. Must stay here.

• 26th Nov 2015

Very good location in the hotspot of dublin

• 25th Nov 2015
  • Switzerland
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Very noisy , girl next door was drying her hair i woke thinking it was my room other than that was somewhere to put our head down after being out drinking .

• 25th Nov 2015

nice atmosphere had a great time on my first time to Dublin

Overall great hostel. They let me book an extra night last minute no problem and after I checked out let me use the common room up until I had to leave for my flight. Great atmosphere and decent breakfast. Couldn't have been in a better location. The one problem was the shower, which always flooded the entire bathroom. Otherwise excellent hostel, would definitely stay here again and highly recommend.

Great value hostel with ensuite bathrooms. Wifi worked well in my room and there were outlets next to the bed.

Great value and location, thanks for the free breakfast :)