Barnacles Temple Bar House Reviews

19 Temple Lane, Temple Bar, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

Great location. Right in Middle of Temple Bar Area. Great continental breakfast in the morning. However, the floor in our room had stains in the carpet and when we laid down a towel in the bathroom to catch water from our shower, the white towel became quite dirty on the side touching the floor. So wear flip flops! Otherwise great hostel.

Overall a really nice hostel. Right in the middle of everything. At night it can get noisy, since all the bars are in that area.

This place is fantastic. Worth the buck. Staff is very cheerful. Rooms are good and secure.

The staff are not so friendly and looks that they don´t want to help the guests with any information. Location are excellent, few steps from The Temple Bar Pub

This hostel is in the middle of Temple Bar, a very touristy part of Dublin, so it was a bit noisy outside at night. However the staff were fantastic, carrying our very heavy bags up the stairs for us, and recommending places to eat etc. Good kitchen and breakfast provided.

Staff was very friendly right away and accommodated my needs and tried to save me some money. Rooms are small but worked and I loved having an outlet right at my bed instead of some obscure location. Showers were good and clean too.

• 14th Aug 2014

The location is great-just steps away from countless shops, bars, cafes, public transit, the Airlink Express bus stop, and the Liffey River. The staff are also very nice and helpful. The lounge space is also really nice with good wifi connection. It can be quiet or more social depending on your roommates and what you're looking for out of your stay. Their long term luggage storage is also a bargain! Great value for the money!

Friendly, central location and good nights sleep on comfy mattress. Impressed.

Well situated in the centre of Dublin. On the other hand, Temple Bar is sometimes noisy until late at night.

• 13th Aug 2014

Excellent location, clean and welcoming space. The staff was friendly enough, and quite helpful with information about the city. There was a big school group staying while we were there, so we didn't meet many other travelers. The rooms were well-equipped with lockers under the beds and individual lights and outlets by each bed. Cozy common room with movies and computers; nice, bright kitchen with a basic breakfast (toast, coffee, cereal, fruit) in the mornings.

The Staff were lovely. I stayed in a twin room, number 107. The window doesn't open which made me feel very claustrophobic. The shower pressure is far too strong which hurt my skin. It would be good if the Hostel provided a bucket and jug so you don't have to use the shower. I would recommend earplugs because with creaky floorboards and noisy students you may not get much sleep. Having said all that, I would stay there again because I felt safe in such a great location and excellent atmosphere

• 12th Aug 2014

Clean hostel with super comfy beds, hot showers, helpful staff and generally quiet nights. It's basically close to everything.

Excellent hostel and staff. Shower pressure in my room was pretty awesome. Location couldn't be better. If you want to check out the less touristy stuff, simply walk 10-20 mins.

I can't say enough great things about Barnacles! When we arrived, we had a number of problems to figure out and the staff was absolutely wonderful. About 20 minutes after arriving, the staff had solved all our travel complications and we were checked in for the night! Location was great and the people really made the experience.

• 11th Aug 2014

The staff were so helpful! Super friendly and willing to take time to call and set up a car rental service for my younger sister and I. The temple bar area is really lively and barnacles is situated near many of the main sights of Dublin! It does get a little rowdy and loud at night so if you're looking for somewhere quiet maybe consider somewhere else.

A very well run large hostel. Right smack bang in temple bar. The staff were fantastic.

Excelent hostel!! The staff were super friendly and informative! The breakfast was great but would be better if it ran for a little longer say til 10:30. The pub crawl was fantastic, definitely a must do! Thanks for a great stay!!

It was hard to find hostel by foot but eventually found. Only stayed one night as it was the only hostel open for a double private room! It was nice though no AC and perfect airport shuttle early to the airport.

The staff were very friendly even though one of them was not interested in the guests' questions and issues. When it was working, the wifi was very slow, even on the two computers in the common room. The hostel is ideally located (walking distance of everything), but because it is in the center the rooms that have a window on the street are vey noisy in the morning (the bar across the street throw their bottles out at 7h30). Each guest has a locker and a key to the room (not all hostels do).

Excelent staff and location!!! Awesome atmosphere.