Barnacles Temple Bar House Reviews

19 Temple Lane, Temple Bar, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

Great location. Rooms felt somewhat cramped. Ensuits are tiny. Breakfast was all carbs. Friendly staff. Would recommend.

Enjoyed our stay and such a fab location if you are going to Dublin to party.

• 12th Sep 2014

Loved the location! Had a great stay. The only issue I had on the stay was I tried to book a day trip, front desk tried calling twice but there was no answer on the tour end

I had a great time here! The staff were very helpful especially since I had to book an additional night, they made sure to hold a room while I cancelled somewhere else. The beds weren't the best I've had, and the pillows were a little flat, gave me a sore neck. But probably just a concern for me.

The position is excellent, the room and shared facilities were clean. Breakfast was ok. i think the room was to small for 6 people

The best location. Good Staff. Clean. Only the rooms are too small (I was in a 6 bed dorm ensuit)

I enjoyed my stay at Barnacles! The location was amazing, literally right beside Temple Bar. Some reviews say because of the location it's hard to get a good night sleep but honestly I slept perfectly well there. I could hear some music but not anything crazy... It's possible I was in a good room though. Ill come back to stay here again next time I'm in Dublin!

Excellent Location and Stuff! Spend a great time there.

In a great central location. The staff were always extremely friendly as well as knowledgable and always helpful!! Definately one of the best hostels I've stayed in.

• 8th Sep 2014

Highly recommended hostel! Right in the middle of temple bar (where all the irish pubs are). Even managed to save money on the overall trip by using the kitchen facilities for breakfast and dinner - Frozen pizzas from Tesco are much cheaper than a 30 euro pub meal. Helpful staff too!

• 8th Sep 2014

I really enjoyed staying at Barnacles Temple Bar Hostel. The quarters are snug but so is everything in that neighborhood. Some minor issues with the shower (slow drain) but the staff looked after it promptly. The kitchen was fine, some people complained about being asked to wash your own breakfast dishes, but I don't mind. Breakfast was toast, mixed fruit, cereal, juice and coffee which seems to be good for the other hostels I've stayed. Pub Crawl and tour coordination was also very good

Everything went really great here. The location is incredible, they have cages beneath the bunks (just remember to bring your own locks!), and the staff were super friendly. The only downside is that the rooms are pretty small and narrow. But next time I am around Dublin this will be my first pick.

Awesome place to stay while in Dublin. Great location that is easy to find and get to from the airport. Great atmosphere, the activities and tours that can be booked through the hostel is an easy way to meet people. Comfy bed. Recommend to other solo travelers.

Our room was barely more than a closet with a bunkbed and the tiniest bathroom imaginable, but i guess we got what we paid for! Lots of other young people staying here, and lots of organized events in the evening. I wish I had time for the pub crawl, sounds like a lot of fun. I like how they also do a walking tour from the hostel.

Bring earplugs. But the extra noise should be expected in this location.

Not a fan of carpeted floors but everything else was great.

It's a very good choice to stay in Dublin. The staff is really friendly and helpful, and lot of services are available. Location is also great.

Very noisy outside. Room very cramped, Stuffy air, bed was poor. Not for people wanting a good sleep. Shower was good and people helpful. The building was very hard to find, taxi couldn't get close to it in the afternoon.

• 28th Aug 2014

Very friendly and helpful people at reception. No lifts and lots of stairs but staff helped carry our bags upstairs which was nice. Good sized kitchen and well equipped too. A lot of noise from the streets at night but that is to be expected in the middle of Dublin's Temple Bar area. 6 bed dorm was quite cramped but clean and the beds were comfortable

We enjoy our stay. The staff helped us a lot and the place is in the very centre,near everything.Excellent to find new friends too.

• 26th Aug 2014