Barnacles Temple Bar House Reviews

19 Temple Lane, Temple Bar, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

My first hostel experience (&traveling solo) & I don't have enough good things to say about Barnacles Temple Bar. The location was THE BEST;in the middle of everything. Seriously, a perfect location. The staff was so helpful, friendly, down to earth, etc. They made you feel welcome right upon arrival. I even had to get to the airport by 5AM and wasn't sure the best way to get there and Dave from the front desk arranged for me to get on a shuttle w/ others. Hassle-free. THANKS! 110% recommend!

• 21st Jun 2015

Clean and well kept hostel right amongst the action. Staff were helpful and friendly. Kitchen was well clean and well equipped with a good atmosphere at meal times.

I really enjoyed my stay at the Temple Bar location in Dublin. The staff was informative, attentive and very enjoyable to be around. The location was excellent and I was given easy directions to find my way around. Staff was always available and willing to assist for any reason. Rooms were clean, bathrooms were a bit small but it's too be expected. I would stay again in a heartbeat

• 18th Jun 2015

We were just there for the night before our flight out the next morning but we could tell this was a nicer hostel than the previous one we stayed at in Dublin. It is a huge hostel. Wifi isn't very reliable in the rooms but it's a nice hostel with a good crowd.

Very well organized and managed.

Just amazing! One of the best hostel experience I've had so far!

In my opinion, it seems that if you're staying in Dublin, Barnacles is the place to stay. The location was perfect if you're interested in the normal touristy type stuff, literally right next to temple bar which was a blast. The beds were very comfy, the rooms were cozy with private bathrooms, and they have a nice large kitchen with breakfast every morning. Lots of activities throughout the week, either free or paid. Very nice staff as well! Would definitely stay again when returning to Dublin.

Great location and very fun pubcrawl on the weekends. It's can get loud though considering Temple Bar is two doors down. Overall good experience.

I had a good time at Barnacles Temple house. It was clean, good staff, and security. Beds were comfortable and the internet does work in your room and pretty much everywhere in the hostel. Didn't like how the lockers were under the bed though. I think it's awesome that that keep luggage for you at one euro a day. It comes in handy if your traveling to other countries and with a airline that has strict baggage laws. Overall, I'm impress and would stay again.

The beds were comfortable. The location is good and easy to find. The staff was amazingly helpful. My only complaints are that there are several sets of stairs so you hear what sounds like horses galloping up and down at all hours. The other complaint is similar and it is that there seemed to be very thin walls and floors. We could hear phone conversations and music playing two floors up.

This was a great location with great security measures that were actually enforced. They also had a great kitchen. However our room was somewhat tiny and more bothersome was that the bathroom was sopping wet from when people showered; not the the fault of the users but because it wasn't draining properly.

• 9th Jun 2015

The rooms & bathrooms were spotless & even cleaner than some hotels we have stayed in. The location was fantastic & right in the center of the city! It was easy to walk to everywhere we wanted and there was no need to take the bus. The beds were comfy and our roommates were great. We had the 8 bed ensuite, and there was plenty of room and the bathroom was huge! The staff was friendly and helpful and a key card is required to get past the front desk and into your individual room.

It was really nice to get free breakfast and other guests were really friendly. I didn't feel like the staff was super friendly and the rooms smelled dank (but that may have been because we stayed with 8 college guys).

Barnacles was great. Me and my buddy were back packing across Ireland and and they provided a great place for us to sleep and they were very polite. They gave us complete freedom also! It was a great Hostel and I booked another stay there coming up soon!

• 8th Jun 2015

Barnacles was a great hostel! It was right in the middle of temple bar which was very good if you wanted to go have a drink at night. It stayed pretty loud after 4am, which would be my only complaint. The beds were clean and comfortable, with outlets, personal lights, and lockers for each bed. They also had fun activities each night! I would definitely recommend staying here.

Good location, but pretty noisy being in Temple Bar, but you expect that in that area. I stayed here two nights, the night before and after a Shamrocker tour. The room I had the first night was great, and had plenty of room and could access wifi no problem, but the second night when I got back, I was in a super cramped room that only had a small walkway in the middle of the room, which was annoying, and also couldn't access wifi in this room.

GREAT location right in Temple Bar area! Friendly and helpful staff, clean rooms, hot showers, locks/towels/adapters available for rent. Free breakfast too! Definitely recommend.

• 7th Jun 2015

The staff were very friendly and informative. This hostel has e great location and the people I bunked with were all great people. If I am back in Dublin , I will be sure to stay here again/

• 7th Jun 2015

Atmosphere was very noisy, my light over my bed blew a fuse when I turned it on, and then didn't work at all. Bathroom was pretty dirty and the light wasn't good.

• 7th Jun 2015

Barnacles is in a great location. It's in the middle of Temple Bar. There are fun things to do, and great deals are given. However, it gets VERY loud at night (I mean, you're in Dublin, what do you expect). The inside of the hostel smells like bug repellant- it's repulsive. Because of the smell, which caused headaches, I would probably not stay here again.