Barnacles Temple Bar House Reviews

19 Temple Lane, Temple Bar, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

Couldn't have a better location, and for that alone the stay was worth my money. Relatively clean, my only complaint is that my six person room had hardly any walking space and the shower pressure was so strong that it made the bathroom wet every time someone showered. Other than that- friendly staff, wifi worked great in the bedrooms, and the entrance door is locked after a certain point at night so that only people staying can be allowed in by staff. Definitely will stay there again.

• 24th Apr 2014

Thanks, Looking at a new solution for this particular shower. Hope to find the right solution soon... And Yipee...the first person to mention the new wifi in all the rooms !!!1 Happy Travels, The Crew

Fantastic staff and fine hostel, but the breakfast was very bare bones (toast, juice and coffee). The baggage check is safe and handy, and the staff checks people as they come in, so the place feels safe. It does get noisy at night but that can't really be helped.

Hi, The breakfast, albeit free, is something that we are currently working on. Hopefully soon, we will have an expanded breakfast option. More news to follow and thanks for staying, All the best, The Crew

I did a 3 day Shamrocker tour of Ireland and stayd here the night before and at Abigail's the night after. Abigail's was cheaper and much nicer and location just as good. Although Barnacles is definately convenient for Shamrocker.

The best location in Dublin right above Temple Bar. It was my second time here and I would definitely come back again!

There are sockets located near each and every bed, making it easier to charge phone/camera/etc overnight, the room was fairly spacious and the staff was very helpful and nice.

Barnacles never seem to disappoint! Friendly, helpful staff that are more than willing to help you make the most of your time in Dublin. Centrally located with pubs and restaurants galore around it. Love the common areas and the included breakfast!

We stayed in Barnacles for 5 days 4 nights and experienced some glitches at the beginning but it was sorted out very fast. We got ourselves a 4 mixed ensuite room and overall the room is clean and the bedsheets are clean as well. Though the toilet can be quite small but it's clean. The staffs working at Barnacles are very friendly and helpful, just ask them for the best eat-out/pubs in town and they will gladly direct you. Overall, I would recommend Barnacles to everyone especially students.

• 12th Apr 2014
  • Malaysia

Hi guys, Shane here, I was dealing with you over that weekend. You guys must have had a great trip as you arrived one day early to our hostel!!! As a friday night we were fully booked, but lucky for you we let you stay in the Common Room, as secure and private....just for you. Glad it all worked out in the end :) Shane

Good hostel, good fun, great location

We enjoied our stay and will surely come back one day.

• 7th Apr 2014

You can't beat the staff at Barnacle's. They are incredibly friendly and helpful. Great location in the middle of the action in Temple Bar. Yet, the noise never got out of control. Great place stay on a budget.

• 6th Apr 2014

Really liked the hostel. Great place, great atmosphere. The only problem for me was the lack of more toilettes.

The staff was very friendly! Thanks for free water and towels =)

Great will return

Had a great stay and would stay again. The location is excellent.

• 4th Apr 2014

Probably the best location in temple bar and excellent value for money. I recommend staying here if you are looking for a cheap place to rest a couple of hours after a whole night of drinking. I still wouldn't want to stay there for longer than a few nights since the toilets and showers were below average and the atmosphere was not really relaxing here... Overall, barnacles is a great deal for weekend trippers and short term visitors.

ideally placed in the heart of Temple Bar - great value for money

• 3rd Apr 2014

The location was amasing however, breakfast was just toast - could have more choice! Also, wifi connection was really bad. Room was good value for money - one more pillow would've been better.

• 3rd Apr 2014

Barnacles!! I miss you sooo much!! I had the best time of my life at this hostel. Clean, cozy, a homy common room, a funky kitchen, an amazing location but the best part is their staff..absolutely the friendliest people in the world. I highly recommend this green place in the middle of Temple Bar...and don't forget to go on their pubcrawl..what a party..and a hungover..loved it!

What more can i say , first class indeed. thank you james in limerick.

I stayed at Barnacles Hostel 1 to 3 April with my girlfriend. The hostel is located right in the heart of Temple Bar; the room was warm and clean. Will definitely be returning

• 1st Apr 2014