Barnacles Temple Bar House Reviews

19 Temple Lane, Temple Bar, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

I would join this Hostel everywhere time again.

• 1st Nov 2013

Staff were amazing! Clean rooms and in a grear location:)

Nice hostel. Not too loud which was nice. There are outlets everywhere! It is fantastic! The shower in our bathroom was extremely hot and would not cool down. Water would also go everywhere. It's in Temple Bar which is close to a lot of bars but very touristy so be aware.

brilliant, definitely go back if in dublin

,i come 26.10,room extremly clean,you have central heat, ,breakfast butter,jam,bread,maybe milk,rooms are very small,but you have room for 4 that are big,and that are small,depends of your luck,location,is 10 meters from center of the centre,but you have preautorasitationwill froze on your credit card the same amount of the cost of first night,in the case if you don t cancel on time,and it will be return week after you went,,great for parting,20 meters form all main pubs,big kitchen for drinking

After great reviews of this hostel it was disappointing. When I arrived first the staff were unhelpful. I was happy with the room initially - pretty basic & small but OK for the price I was paying. However, I later found no less than 5 different coloured/shaped hairs in the bed and a hair on the soap tray in the shower so I just didn't feel confident the room had been cleaned. My real issue was when I complained the next day I was told by the girl she didn't take complaints & got no apology.

Staying here was extremely noisy. I could hear people walking around upstairs all night. There was also remodeling and painting being done, and the kitchen was messy. The location has lots of bars and pubs and is extremely tourist focused. All of the people staying in my room came back around at 3am and were noisy, waking me up. The staff was very friendly and helpful, and I was grateful for the common room with the computers.

• 21st Oct 2013

Perfect location. Rooms were small but very clean. Free breakfast is tea, juice and toast. Enjoyable stay :)

Staff was amazing, my girlfriend has allergies to some laundry soap and took us down there to check for us, nicest staff of any hostel so far. Perfect location, lockers were good, common areas on every floor, they do your laundry for 7.50 euro which wa nice too. Only criticism is that the wifi doesn't reach the rooms but other than that this hostel is perfect at a great price

1 2 3 4 5 Next » last »