Barnacles Temple Bar House Reviews

19 Temple Lane, Temple Bar, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

This hostel has an excellent, social environment which makes it easy to meet fellow travelers. Thatm and the dedicated helpfulness of the staff, make it a place I will definitely return to the next time I'm in town.

Hi Joanna And we will be delighted to have you back. Shane

Great location, excellent walking tours / pub crawls, good atmosphere

Hi Sophie, Great fun was had by all, thanks for the nice review. The Crew

Very helpful staff. Gave lots of hints being useful ;-) Breakfast is acceptable.

• 16th Jun 2014

Breakfast is acceptable, but were nearly there. Going to be offering more items for breakfast coming soon. Just waiting on a few clerical bits and bobs and then were away.... Yippee!1 Expanded Breakfast range coming soon , The Crew

This hostel was a good hostel. Great location. Clean rooms / clean toilets. The staff is very helpful in providing info for day activities / trips. I expected it to be more of a party hostel. Although the pub crawl is cool and you can attend it every night after purchasing a ticket, I was looking forward to pre-drinking and playing games with other members of the hostel. I wish the staff would arrange things like that to make it easier to meet people. Luckily, I had awesome people in my room.

Only could stay here one night, but it was great, great location and really friendly people. Book early cause spots go fast!

Great location and great staff! Super helpful and friendly front desk workers!

Thanks Jessica, Hope you had a great time ? The Crew

This hostel is absolutely great! My boyfriend & I stayed in one of the private en-suite rooms- the room & bathroom was clean and well decorated (we loved that we had a little balcony!) The location is great, and staff were friendly & helpful! Would definitely recommend!

• 12th Jun 2014

Staff was not extremely friendly. But the location of the hostel and lack of any other problems make this a great place to stay in Dublin. The place was very clean and it was very easy to meet other travelers. The pub crawl was also a lot of fun.

• 11th Jun 2014

Nice and clean, awesome central location, although temple bar is really loud at night so if you're looking for a good sleep this probably isn't the place for you. Staff is super friendly and helpful.

Would be nice to have a bar in the hostel just so interacting with others is easier!

• 10th Jun 2014

I loved the location of Barnacles! Right in Temple Bar. Small rooms, but staff and location are amazing! Also there are free lockers. Breakfast is basic toast. I loved Barnacles! Great Deal!

simply perfect , exept the noise in the morning from the rRolling of the empty barrels on the street .....

This hostel is in a great location and for the price is really good when compared to other options. The front desk staff was also really helpful and knew the area well. Only issue was a clogged drain in the bathroom, but they cleaned up the spilled water for the incident.

Awesome staff. But please start changing the sheets between visitors.

Room was decent, but lacked A/C. Great location.

Barnacles has decent common rooms, but the bedrooms themselves are the best. You can't beat the location and the staff is phenomenonal. Also, they have the best shower pressure ever!

If you're going to stay in Dublin stay here! great hostel, incredible location, super friendly staff :) definitely will stay there again when I'm back!

Positives: great location, wifi throughout building, very clean, felt safe, very helpful staff, very comfortable beds, lockers in each room. Negatives: free breakfast could use improving, not a super fun atmosphere, toilets sometimes not great.

Very much enjoyed my stay here. Met a lot of cool people. That staff was super nice and very helpful in pointing out things to do and places to see. Booking day trips through the hostel was very easy, and the shuttle that runs every half hour from very early in the morning was perfect, as I had an early flight out. Wifi was a little inconsistent and the common room didn't seem to be used all that much. The only travelers I met were the ones in my room with me. Would definitely recommend!

I absolutely love Barnacles. Very fun atmosphere and a great location.