Barnacles Temple Bar House Reviews

19 Temple Lane, Temple Bar, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

It was really nice to get free breakfast and other guests were really friendly. I didn't feel like the staff was super friendly and the rooms smelled dank (but that may have been because we stayed with 8 college guys).

Barnacles was great. Me and my buddy were back packing across Ireland and and they provided a great place for us to sleep and they were very polite. They gave us complete freedom also! It was a great Hostel and I booked another stay there coming up soon!

• 8th Jun 2015

Barnacles was a great hostel! It was right in the middle of temple bar which was very good if you wanted to go have a drink at night. It stayed pretty loud after 4am, which would be my only complaint. The beds were clean and comfortable, with outlets, personal lights, and lockers for each bed. They also had fun activities each night! I would definitely recommend staying here.

Good location, but pretty noisy being in Temple Bar, but you expect that in that area. I stayed here two nights, the night before and after a Shamrocker tour. The room I had the first night was great, and had plenty of room and could access wifi no problem, but the second night when I got back, I was in a super cramped room that only had a small walkway in the middle of the room, which was annoying, and also couldn't access wifi in this room.

GREAT location right in Temple Bar area! Friendly and helpful staff, clean rooms, hot showers, locks/towels/adapters available for rent. Free breakfast too! Definitely recommend.

• 7th Jun 2015

The staff were very friendly and informative. This hostel has e great location and the people I bunked with were all great people. If I am back in Dublin , I will be sure to stay here again/

• 7th Jun 2015

Atmosphere was very noisy, my light over my bed blew a fuse when I turned it on, and then didn't work at all. Bathroom was pretty dirty and the light wasn't good.

• 7th Jun 2015

Barnacles is in a great location. It's in the middle of Temple Bar. There are fun things to do, and great deals are given. However, it gets VERY loud at night (I mean, you're in Dublin, what do you expect). The inside of the hostel smells like bug repellant- it's repulsive. Because of the smell, which caused headaches, I would probably not stay here again.

The staff at this hostel are so friendly and helpful. The hostel is in an excellent area, I had a great time here, I will stay at this hostel every time I visit Dublin in the future, Thank you to the staff for finding my wallet.

Location is good; bus from the airport is easy and straightforward. Rooms were clean, bathrooms were serviceable (not spotless, but definitely good enough!). Friendly staff, good wifi. Nice plus was having plugs and lights at each bed, and large lockers to fit my whole backpack in! It was a bit loud at night, but that should be expected when booking a hostel in Temple Bar.

Nice hostel. Staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. The hostel is in a great location and walking distance to everything in the city. The only thing that could be improved is the bathroom/showers (water would spill out all over the floors) and the rooms had a little bit of a musty smell to them. Otherwise, great place.

Great place to stay in Dublin! Close to a lot of main attractions! We stayed in a double room - small but had a beautiful little balcony! Would definitely stay here again!

Dave is great. Only drawbacks were the fight in my room over beds at 4am which could have been avoided if staff had everyone sleep in the correct bed in the first place. Location is wonderful

Fantastic location, great staff who are more than willing to help you out with whatever you need. Definitely would stay here again and would recommend Barnacles to a friend!

I had a great stay at Barnacles- it was located in the center of the Temple Bar district and had several options to really make the most of your stay in Dublin. My group actually stayed in Barnacles one night, had to go somewhere else the next night, and came back on our final night due to the hostel being booked up. We even got an airport shuttle that took us from the hostel to the airport for our 7 am flight for 6 euros. My only issue was how poorly kept the bathrooms facilities are.

Barnacle hostel was great! The staff were super friendly and helpful with recommendations on where to eat, where to drink, and what to do while in Dublin. The room was very clean and the beds comfortable.

The staff is very nice and the beds are pretty comfortable. The under bed lockers are a bit of a pain as they make it difficult to move about the room when everyone is trying to get ready in the morning/night. You can't beat the location though!

Not the best hostel to meet people and socialise. It's perfectly situated at temple lane. Bathroom was great and you have a big locker under the bed. Breakfast is alright but stay away from the juice it tastes horrible.

Good location right in temple bar and decent quality beds. Make this maybe best option in Dublin. But room was very small, barley enough room to get in and out of lockers. Also not the most social hostel.

Had a good time in Dublin. It was a little to big of a hostel for my preference which made it a little harder to meet people and the location was really good but for sure a major touristy area. Overall a good place to stay.