Barnacles Temple Bar House Reviews

19 Temple Lane, Temple Bar, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

We would definitely stay there again. A faulty fire alarm at 7am gave us a panic for a bit.

• 27th Sep 2014

Smoke alarm was off for three times in the morning on 29, Sept, 2014 causing chaos... ... scared us!! computer only schedule for 20 mins, then auto off.other places can use as long as you like. a bit annoying.

Thank you reception guys for doing your best . And thank you Dublin for being such a warm (in the weather too¡) and easy to walk city. I,ll be back.

• 25th Sep 2014
  • Spain

Love it here! Best location a hostel can offer. All the staff were really awesome and really helpful!

• 22nd Sep 2014

Barnacles is an excellent place to stay as its located in the heart of everything. Great atmosphere, have nothing bad to say about this hostel.

• 21st Sep 2014

The fact you can get wi-fi in your room, yup, that really did it for me. Highly recommend. Will be back for sure

• 21st Sep 2014

Fantastic hostel in an amazing location. Room was a bit small (we saw inside other dorms in the building and they were much bigger), but it was okay because we had nice dormmates. Would have been interesting if we didn't!

The location of Barnacles Temple Bar House was phenomenal. It was right in the middle of Temple Bar and it was very convenient going from place to place. With that being said it is in the middle of "party town" and it is very very loud. The hostel, I feel, put too many people in the rooms there. Our six person room was incredibly small.

• 19th Sep 2014

My time there was almost perfection! The hostel is great, the only problem was the noisy street, but its ok, cause is TEMPLE BAR \o

• 17th Sep 2014

It's in the center of the bar place!! If you want to have a night without noise, don't go there. It's a party place around the hostel!!

Very cool hostel in the heart of Temple Bar. Free walking Tour is great and we had an epic beer pong match. If you can, Book a 6 bed room, once we stayed in an 8 bed Dorm and there was no window you were able to Open.

This was a great place to stay and the perfect location in Dublin right in the heart of the restaurant/bar scene and centralized for easy walking to all of the sites. The staff was very friendly and helpful both at the front desk and the social planner Enrico was fantastic! The room and kitchen area were relatively clean. It was nice having a bin to lock up valuables under the beds. Will stay here again!

I had a better-than-expected stay, and I would stay again. The only thing I really didnt like was that they close the kitchen at midnight, so I was unable to make my own breakfast before leaving to catch my very early flight.

• 16th Sep 2014

The location is great for the fact that it's right in the Temple Bar area. Some of the rooms are very narrow and quite claustrophobic. If the window is open you get noise from the the Temple Bar, if it is closed the room heats up like a sauna. The breakfast is good, staff at the front desk are great and there is also a common area in addition to a kitchen.

Great location. Rooms felt somewhat cramped. Ensuits are tiny. Breakfast was all carbs. Friendly staff. Would recommend.

Enjoyed our stay and such a fab location if you are going to Dublin to party.

• 12th Sep 2014

Loved the location! Had a great stay. The only issue I had on the stay was I tried to book a day trip, front desk tried calling twice but there was no answer on the tour end

I had a great time here! The staff were very helpful especially since I had to book an additional night, they made sure to hold a room while I cancelled somewhere else. The beds weren't the best I've had, and the pillows were a little flat, gave me a sore neck. But probably just a concern for me.

The position is excellent, the room and shared facilities were clean. Breakfast was ok. i think the room was to small for 6 people

The best location. Good Staff. Clean. Only the rooms are too small (I was in a 6 bed dorm ensuit)