Barnacles Temple Bar House Reviews

19 Temple Lane, Temple Bar, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

This the second time I have stayed at this hostel it's in a great location in temple bar and has friendly staff! Highly recommend it!!

The location of this hostel could not get any better. It's right in the heart of temple bar and the staff at the hostel were great. Very friendly and welcoming and happy to answer any questions we had. Would definitely stay here again!

• 30th Dec 2014

Excellent location. Staff was helpful. Room was absolutely freezing. Bathrooms were disgusting. But, if you're just looking for easy drunk commute from bar to home this is the ideal place to stay.

• 27th Dec 2014

Just the 1 night stop over here but it was fine for what we needed, cheap enough in a great location next to temple bar. Standard large hostel :)

Very, very small room with just one bath. definitely dont support comfortable so much people per room.

One of the best hostel I have ever been. The staff was excellent (thank Vinicius for the tips!). The location is perfect (in the middle of temple bar). The atmosphere was excellent; made a lot of friends there!

One of the best hostels I have been to :)

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed at. Great staff, great location, great wifi, great pub crawl, great breakfast, great everything!! Met so many great people here and the parties were awesome. Can't say enough good things about this hostel! If I ever go back to Dublin I am definitely staying here again.

Barnacles had a lot of helpful tips for tours and best places to explore. It is smack dab in the middle of all of the tourist locations, so most outings were a short walk away.

• 21st Dec 2014

All in all great hostel. It has a nice big kitchen and dining room, and a equally nice common room with a tv,computers and loads of comfy couches to meet fellow travellers. Rooms were clean, bathrooms were clean and it's a great location. When I go back to Dublin I'll be staying here!

Overall an amazing experience. Very nice and comfortable rooms and the hostel has a great vibe.

• 21st Dec 2014
  • Panama

I had a really great time at this hostel. It was my first time traveling alone, but the hostel staff were at the desk at any time so I could ask questions and access my stored luggage while feeling like it was secure. I also appreciated all the opportunities to get to know other people in the hostel, like breakfast, and the posters on the walls and pamphlets that had good ideas for how to spend my time in Dublin. I made some friends from the hostel during the free walking tour.

• 20th Dec 2014

Thoroughly enjoyed both the walking tour and the pub crawl! They made meeting people super easy. As well as the communal areas where you could find people to chat to too, this was all up to you though. Staff friendly. Rooms clean with lockers. Location great! Can walk everywhere and good for going out. I always felt safe at night.

The hostel bar crawl is awesome and would definetly recommend!

• 17th Dec 2014

One problem was person in dorm- her wet washing everywhere so smelt damp! Couldnt access 2 of the storage lockers cos of fixed wardrobe . On other hand reported repairs done quickly. Staff excellent as usual.

Amazing position, amazing staff, amazing atmosphere

• 14th Dec 2014

Loved my stay at Barnacles! One tiny detail I'd mention are squeaky bathroom doors, they make it hard to go to bed quietly sometimes.

I really liked this hostel. It was right in the heart of Temple Bar, the staff are friendly, and it had free breakfast! Need I say more? The rooms were great and I was lucky enough to sleep on that one awkward bed that wasn't a bunk bed! Suggestion: the bed numbers are extremely difficult to see. It was like an initiation experience as every new person who came in struggled to find their bed until they asked for help.

Staff were super helpful and friendly. I was only there for one night so I can't really speak to much more than the most basic stuff, but it was a very comfortable place. Carpet smelled a bit like feet but it wasn't strong and it couldn't figure out how to make the shower water colder so it was really hot, but other than that, everything was fantastic

hostel was clean, safe and in a perfect location. But the staff was absolutely incredible. couldn't recommend this place highly enough. if you're staying in Dublin, stay here