Barnacles Temple Bar House Reviews

19 Temple Lane, Temple Bar, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

Awesome staff! Really great experience there and many fond memories! I highly recommend this place and will personally be back some day (I hope) :)

Great hostel next door to temple bar, so perfect for exploring Dublin and surrounds. Staff were very friendly and efficient. The breakfast could be improved. Only toast was very dissapointed. Please atleast offer cereal as well. No shower screen meant the bathroom was constantly flooded. Otherwise we had a good stay and would Stay again

I met some really cool people at hostel, the staff were very nice and helpful! Bathrooms were a bit small, and the door on my bin didn't work so I couldn't keep my items locked up. Overall good experience!

Great hostel with great people! Perfect hostel for travelling alone or with others. You're in a prime location for anything and everything you'll want to do. I will definitely be back! :)

Awesome place to stay!

Good clean facilities. Good wifi & ample power points. Lots of independent travellers making it easy to meet others if you're on your own. Great central location to everything. Helpful friendly staff. Although as required I gave them exactly 24 hours notice before check in time that I was cancelling one nights accommodation and they charged me for it anyway, even though the spot was filled in the bed as another girl I know tried to get a bed in an all girls dorm and they were all booked out.

• 25th Apr 2014

Couldn't have a better location, and for that alone the stay was worth my money. Relatively clean, my only complaint is that my six person room had hardly any walking space and the shower pressure was so strong that it made the bathroom wet every time someone showered. Other than that- friendly staff, wifi worked great in the bedrooms, and the entrance door is locked after a certain point at night so that only people staying can be allowed in by staff. Definitely will stay there again.

• 24th Apr 2014

Thanks, Looking at a new solution for this particular shower. Hope to find the right solution soon... And Yipee...the first person to mention the new wifi in all the rooms !!!1 Happy Travels, The Crew

Fantastic staff and fine hostel, but the breakfast was very bare bones (toast, juice and coffee). The baggage check is safe and handy, and the staff checks people as they come in, so the place feels safe. It does get noisy at night but that can't really be helped.

Hi, The breakfast, albeit free, is something that we are currently working on. Hopefully soon, we will have an expanded breakfast option. More news to follow and thanks for staying, All the best, The Crew

I did a 3 day Shamrocker tour of Ireland and stayd here the night before and at Abigail's the night after. Abigail's was cheaper and much nicer and location just as good. Although Barnacles is definately convenient for Shamrocker.

The best location in Dublin right above Temple Bar. It was my second time here and I would definitely come back again!

There are sockets located near each and every bed, making it easier to charge phone/camera/etc overnight, the room was fairly spacious and the staff was very helpful and nice.

Barnacles never seem to disappoint! Friendly, helpful staff that are more than willing to help you make the most of your time in Dublin. Centrally located with pubs and restaurants galore around it. Love the common areas and the included breakfast!

We stayed in Barnacles for 5 days 4 nights and experienced some glitches at the beginning but it was sorted out very fast. We got ourselves a 4 mixed ensuite room and overall the room is clean and the bedsheets are clean as well. Though the toilet can be quite small but it's clean. The staffs working at Barnacles are very friendly and helpful, just ask them for the best eat-out/pubs in town and they will gladly direct you. Overall, I would recommend Barnacles to everyone especially students.

Hi guys, Shane here, I was dealing with you over that weekend. You guys must have had a great trip as you arrived one day early to our hostel!!! As a friday night we were fully booked, but lucky for you we let you stay in the Common Room, as secure and private....just for you. Glad it all worked out in the end :) Shane

Good hostel, good fun, great location

We enjoied our stay and will surely come back one day.

• 7th Apr 2014

You can't beat the staff at Barnacle's. They are incredibly friendly and helpful. Great location in the middle of the action in Temple Bar. Yet, the noise never got out of control. Great place stay on a budget.

• 6th Apr 2014

Really liked the hostel. Great place, great atmosphere. The only problem for me was the lack of more toilettes.

The staff was very friendly! Thanks for free water and towels =)

Great will return

Had a great stay and would stay again. The location is excellent.

• 4th Apr 2014