Barnacles Temple Bar House Reviews

19 Temple Lane, Temple Bar, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

Unfortunately my timing was off in that although the facilities and staff were excellent, I was staying at the time of a big party weekend. No sleep for me in that the partying went through the night and there was no way to stop the noise. I believe it was at least 5:30 am when it finally stopped.

• 30th May 2014

I only stayed for 1 night. The room was noisy, which was to be expected on a Friday night in Temple Bar. The bed was comfortable, and the breakfast basic but adequate

Staff were wonderful: friendly, helpful, relaxed. This was a great place to be. I felt I could easily get anywhere I wanted to go in Dublin from Barnacles. I also never felt unsafe or like my belongings were not secure. If you want added security you can bring a lock for the crate under your bed. Everything was clean. Complaints about water pressure in earlier comments are BS. It's adjustable. Breakfast is just toast, yeah, but at least there's variety, and good free coffee and cappuccinos.

I love Barnacles! If you want to meet some really great people, stay there. Our shower was a little crazy but other than that everything was fine!

The location was great and the room was very clean and comfortable. The advertised "breakfast" was disappointing toast with only jam was not what I had imagined.

I think we should remind guests in check in, not to make noise in the hallways after 10pm. and respect the rest of the other.

• 23rd May 2014
  • Spain

Staff is great and really friendly! Great young travelers environment.

• 19th May 2014

Hard to believe with all the festivities going on literally just outside the Barnacles front door.....that there could be such a peaceful, homey atmosphere inside. Loved it, and have made my wish, to return one day soon! Thanks

• 18th May 2014

This hostel is great if you want to meet people or need suggestions on things to do in the city. They really set it up so you'll never be bored while staying here. Great atmosphere all around, and the staff are really helpful. They have free breakfast, but it's just toast and jam. Still, it's free, so who am I to complain. My only issue was with the bathroom. The door didn't close well, so water leaked onto the floor. Also, there's zero shelf space, even just for taking out contacts.

Good location. Very very loud however as it's in temple bar.

• 14th May 2014

Security was terrible, one night when we had a full room and everyone was sleeping, and had 3 guys walk right into the room after having opened the door with working key cards, look around, and walk back out. Was very suspicious, almost seemed as if they were looking for things to steal. Staff was average, not very willing to give directions back to the airport.

Had a great stay at Barnacles as my first solo hostel experience. The staff were very chilled and accommodating, letting me use the common room and kitchen before and after I checked in, and the location was fantastic as it is right in the middle of Temple Bar and perfect for just stepping out and having a wander around the city. They also really made an effort to organise activities like walking tours and game nights to help you meet other travellers. Will definitely stay there again!

• 11th May 2014

The staff were excellent, specially the assistant manager Frank, who went out of his way to help me with my stuff.

The dorm was good, it had comfy beds each with it's own little reading lamp, plenty of power outlets and lock up space. The ensuite was also good, however with a big open shower the floor did get a little wet but at least it was all clean. Breakfast in the morning was juice, tea, coffee, toast and jam. Would have been nice to have a small selection of cereals as well though.

Hey, Noted about the showers, what with modern design etc, it often is not that practical. So we are looking at shower curtains for that room. Also, breakfast will be expanded come June, to include 2 cereals and some fruit. thanks for the feedback man, All the best, The Crew

Good stay and would stay again. Very helpful with airport transportation. Only complaint is the breakfast is terrible and should not be called a "free breakfast."

Hi there, Thanks for staying with us. Its a small breakfast but your right, It Is Free, and you can have as much as you like. We are introducing cereal, milk and fruit in the near future so when you come back hopefully it will be ok for you. Regards, The Crew

Only reason I put average for facilities was because the shower leaked, water temperature wasn't ideal and the pressure almost hurt. Thanks

• 10th May 2014

Stay here every time I go to Dublin! Always a fun atmosphere and great people. Best location you could ask for!

Breakfast not so good though

Enjoyable hostel. In party area right next to Temple Bar... if you have a street room it can be incredibly loud. Comfy beds. Ok storage. Clean everywhere. Would stay again, but not if I wanted sleep that was quiet.

loved it!!!!!