Barnacles Temple Bar House Reviews

19 Temple Lane, Temple Bar, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

Extremely helpful staff, great value

• 26th May 2015

Great location and within walking distance of all sights, delicious restaurants and bars. Facilities were top-notch: wifi in the rooms, baggage cage under the beds, basic but good free breakfast and bathrooms ensuite. Only negatives were I couldn't get a receipt when I checked out and the toliet in our room stopped working on the last night. We had to use the common bathroom. Atmosphere was great and other travelers were so kind and friendly. I would definitely recommend the Barnacles Hostel.

I've stayed at Barnacles twice now and I absolutely love it. The staff is friendly, the breakfast is good, and the location is impossible to beat. When my boyfriend's luggage got lost on his flight, the staff sent us an adorable email to let us know when it arrived and we were able to pick it up just in time to catch our train! I'll never stay anywhere else in Dublin.

The location was amazing but that's about it. Wasn't a big atmosphere as they sent everyone to a bar down the road for the walking tours and pub crawl, but they were still great. I stayed in room 003 and the bathroom would flood every time someone took a shower which was super annoying and made everything in the room wet. IF i stay again I would request a different room.

The hostel is located in a perfect location right in the heart of the tourist strip of Dublin. Not much of a party hostel however, everyone just goes off on their own to explore the city. The hostel isn't very active in setting up bar crawls every night or any fun activities for everyone, they just kind of direct you towards what you might want to go try. Great location, clean facilities, nice staff, but very loud if you open a window!

The staff was very helpful and friendly

Hotel was in a perfect location, liked the kitchen and amenities. Staff didn't do much in terms of organizing events or getting people together so it was tough to meet other travellers. Best location in Dublin, clean rooms, however shower flooded within 30 seconds. Overall 3.5/5.

The hostel is in a great location (Literally right next to the Temple Bar)! It was very clean and the staff was so helpful. Under the bed storage lockers were great (they fit my huge backpack).

great place but tough to fall asleep with all the noise coming in off the street

• 24th May 2015

Perfectly located hostel with super friendly staff! Our room was super small but ok for a night. The only negative aspect was that the toilet got very loud a few seconds after flushing. The pipes were really loud during the night even without using the bathroom....

• 24th May 2015

Hostel was in very good condition, staff were great. Only compliant was outside noise, which I expected given the location and past reviews. Definitely pack earplugs if you're planning on staying here, you'll need them if you intend to sleep at all.

Great hostel right next to temple bar. Ensuite bathrooms in all the rooms. Staff are friendly and more than willing to answer any questions.

Had a great stay. As a solo traveller it was the perfect place to stay.

This hostel is fantastic, and right in the heart of Temple Bar. Central in the city for people who like to walk, and safe to do so. I have stayed at Barnacles twice in Temple Bar, and would definitely recommend it to anyone who is travelling to Dublin. The hostel is clean, and the beds are comfy! All in all a great place to stay when in Dublin!

• 18th May 2015

Barnacles Temple Bar House is very located for young people. We are 50, so it was a bit too noisy for us. Some youngs came back during the night amd made noise. Anyway, we met very nice young people at breakfast.

• 18th May 2015
  • Couple, 41+

The location is directly next to the Temple Bar, but my advice is to stay away from drinking directly on Temple Bar. Prices are really inflated there. The hostel is great and security is top notch. There is a large common area where people hang out, which helps for work and meeting people. The kitchen area is large and can also be used as an area to read or research. I would stay here again

Could not fault the place! Absolutely fantastic location, staff were brilliant and room was nice, clean and tidy. What more could you ask for?!

• 15th May 2015

Great pub crawl offered.

• 14th May 2015

The staff is very kind & professional. The room is very clean, nothing to change. The location is perfect, you can walk few seconds and you'll find the temple lane, perfect for pub crawling !

Great location and friendly staff who helped with any questions

• 12th May 2015