Barnacles Temple Bar House Reviews

19 Temple Lane, Temple Bar, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

Who cares about the bad weather when inside the hostel there is nice people, good music and beer pong!!!

• 3rd Dec 2014

Loved our stay here! Clean rooms, helpful staff, and lovely hostel overall!

A really nice stay! Very clean and tidy! The staff are really nice! With 2 Sockets at each bed. Would be better if the lamp at the bed is fixed. (as mine is broken)

• 2nd Dec 2014
  • Hong Kong

It's really close to Temple bar! just one-minute walk and there are nice staffs. Card key was very comfortable and there's no deposit for the key. But luggage cages under beds are quite annoying and earlier breakfast will be needed for like Cliffs of Moher tourists.

I only stayed one night but I liked what I saw. If u r trying to decide between this one n Abbey Court I would EXTREMELY advice u to stay at Barnacles. It is far far better than Abbey. Good size rooms but beds squeak too much, n if you're delicate to noise I would not stay there Friday or Saturday night lol I was at the Pubs n coming back to the hostel at 3 I could really hear all the street noise. WiFi works quite well but upload speed is next to nothing. Couldn't get much better location wi

Hostel was great, amazing environment and perfect location. Just don't expect to sleep before 4 am while the bar downstairs is still raging on.

This hostel is in a great location - right in the middle of the Temple Bar district and a short walk from many other points of interest in the city. We had a twin private room that was very small but clean. Our main problem with it was the noise - it was SO loud pretty much all night, which made it really difficult to sleep. For the price we paid, we were not thrilled about that. Granted, we were there on the weekend, but something should be done to control the noise - it was ridiculous.

This is was my second stay at Barnacles. With a great location, great staff, comfy beds, free breakfast and wifi

It isvery nice place,well located and room was cozy.

Hostel is located in a very good location, but can also be a bit annoying late at night when the bars are still pumping music and the patrons are shouting. The rooms are a bit cramped as well.

I N C R E D I B L E The only thing is that you can not sleep too much because it is door by door to Temple Bar, so a lot of people singing at night in the street, so if you are very tired like is is Ok or if you are in party holidays

• 25th Nov 2014
  • Spain

The room was dingy and very small, crammed with bunk beds. I asked on two separate days, tow different staff members for a bulb to be put in my side light, is I could see. Nothing was done. Bulbs were missing from other lamps in the room. It was very noisy, due to location. Couldn't sleep all night.

• 25th Nov 2014

Really lovely staff, very helpful and friendly! Excellent location right in the middle of town. Great atmosphere. Only thing that could be improved is it would be nice if breakfast hours could be extended to 10.30am.

very nice hostel for price. Good for young people, easy to make friends.

• 23rd Nov 2014