Barnacles Temple Bar House Reviews

19 Temple Lane, Temple Bar, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

The location was amazing - great neighborhood!

Great loved the stay amazing staff, only small complaint was the comp breakfast is just toast and cereal, should bring your own breakfast and drinks

• 1st Oct 2015

The hostel was good enough. I wouldn't say it was spectacular by any means but the common areas/kitchen were kept very clean. Quite noisey in the room at night because you are right beside The Temple Bar. The shower door in my room ensuite was broken and the room was crammed (10 beds in the room when it could comfortably fit 6). The Internet didn't work in my room either which was quite frustrating. The staff were friendly and nice but the best part about this hostel is definitely the location.

Lovely staff

• 27th Sep 2015
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Location was fantastic. The "locker" drawers under the beds were a hassle especially late at night. We had our own bathroom, but there was a serious lack of toilets/showers outside of rooms.

Excellent location but expensive and not so clean

• 25th Sep 2015

I stayed here two weekends and was pleased both times. Clean rooms, good facilities in general, and super friendly and helpful staff.

• 25th Sep 2015

This was the first hostel I stayed in and compared to a few others around Ireland Barnacles was by far the best! Location was perfect, the room was great and I meet friendly people to hang out with as I was traveling alone. The wifi in the room was fantastic! The only complaint I have was the shower the first night was ice cold so I made sure to get in early the next night. Thanks for a nice stay!

• 23rd Sep 2015

My stay was great. Staff was so helpful and generous. Locks have a €5 euro deposit (that they return later) and its €1 to rent so might as well buy it. It's a nice lock with a key hahah. The bathrooms were clean overall and its single so that's awesome. The hot water in the shower ran short and the sink clogged but I don't know if that's a normal occurrence. The hostel is very small but nice and clean and next to all the gift shops and pubs! And for the price it was it was definitely worth it.

• 21st Sep 2015

This is the place to stay in Dublin. Right in the heart of Temple Bar. Staff is very helpful, location is great, breakfast was ok. When I return to Dublin, this is the place I want to stay.

Thoroughly enjoyed our stay there, staff helpful & friendly, beds comfortable, would highly recommend it

• 19th Sep 2015
  • Wales
  • All Female Group, 41+

I wasn't here long. Stayed in 11 bed room. Had to wait a while for bathroom/shower. Website says they have laundry capabilities. They don't, but there is a laundromat a short walk away near Abigail's hostel. I highly recommend this laundromat. Very nice and helpful man who runs it. Other than that everything here was great at barnacles.

The rooms are very small, however, located next to Temple bar I did not expect a large hostel. More public toilets would be nice. The stuff was really friendly and they cleaned the rooms daily.

was a great stay. laundry service fantastic

The staff was very friendly and helpful.

• 15th Sep 2015
  • ChicTravellerRose

Great location and very friendly staff. Only drawback is that it can get a bit loud. Also there should be an age maximum as several older people stayed in the Hostel and were out of place. But otherwise can't beat the price and location.

We had a great time at the hostel! The location is PERFECT!! Right next to the famous temple bar! My only complaint is that their common room and kitchen/dining closed at midnight. This was a HUGE inconvenience because where I'm from with the time change it was impossible to FaceTime or communicate with family and friends. If you wanted to talk on the phone or do anything you couldn't do it in the common room forcing to do in rooms (which you didn't want to do to disturb people sleeping).

everyone was very friendly and in an awesome location it is a bit loud with the so with the window open can be hard to sleep.but it is onto temple bar which is just the most active place at night met some incredible people

• 13th Sep 2015

One of the best hostels I've stayed in. Staff is very friendly/helpful, clean rooms and kitchen area is great for meeting people (the nightly activities also helps!) and nearby a lot of Dublin sights and nightlife. Just ask for a room not facing the street so you can sleep at night 😁

Right in the heart of the party scene. If you want to party, stay here. We were in a 6 bedroom mixed and it was fine. Smelled a little bit.