Barnacles Temple Bar House Reviews

19 Temple Lane, Temple Bar, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

This is the place to stay in Dublin. Right in the heart of Temple Bar. Staff is very helpful, location is great, breakfast was ok. When I return to Dublin, this is the place I want to stay.

Thoroughly enjoyed our stay there, staff helpful & friendly, beds comfortable, would highly recommend it

• 19th Sep 2015
  • Wales
  • All Female Group, 41+

I wasn't here long. Stayed in 11 bed room. Had to wait a while for bathroom/shower. Website says they have laundry capabilities. They don't, but there is a laundromat a short walk away near Abigail's hostel. I highly recommend this laundromat. Very nice and helpful man who runs it. Other than that everything here was great at barnacles.

The rooms are very small, however, located next to Temple bar I did not expect a large hostel. More public toilets would be nice. The stuff was really friendly and they cleaned the rooms daily.

was a great stay. laundry service fantastic

The staff was very friendly and helpful.

• 15th Sep 2015
  • ChicTravellerRose

Great location and very friendly staff. Only drawback is that it can get a bit loud. Also there should be an age maximum as several older people stayed in the Hostel and were out of place. But otherwise can't beat the price and location.

We had a great time at the hostel! The location is PERFECT!! Right next to the famous temple bar! My only complaint is that their common room and kitchen/dining closed at midnight. This was a HUGE inconvenience because where I'm from with the time change it was impossible to FaceTime or communicate with family and friends. If you wanted to talk on the phone or do anything you couldn't do it in the common room forcing to do in rooms (which you didn't want to do to disturb people sleeping).

everyone was very friendly and in an awesome location it is a bit loud with the so with the window open can be hard to sleep.but it is onto temple bar which is just the most active place at night met some incredible people

• 13th Sep 2015

One of the best hostels I've stayed in. Staff is very friendly/helpful, clean rooms and kitchen area is great for meeting people (the nightly activities also helps!) and nearby a lot of Dublin sights and nightlife. Just ask for a room not facing the street so you can sleep at night 😁

Right in the heart of the party scene. If you want to party, stay here. We were in a 6 bedroom mixed and it was fine. Smelled a little bit.

This was the first hostel we ever stayed in, and it totally exceeded our expectations! We stayed in an 11-bed bunk room, only downside was 1 shower to 11 people, but we signed up for that. The best part: the staff!!! Arthur and Shane were so friendly and helpful. Amazing location, as it is right in the temple bar area, very close to nightlife and restaurants. Good crate lockers under the beds and key card access. Free breakfast is minimal, but hey... It was free!

• 10th Sep 2015

I stayed there two nights, it was great. Walking distance to everything

Love love love! Great place, awesome everything

This was my first international hostel trip solo and I couldn't have been happier! The hostel was super clean and comfortable. The location couldn't be beat. The staff at Barnacles was simply amazing. So welcoming and kind and helpful. I would recommend staying here to anyone.

The location was awesome right where all the bars are. The staff I met were so helpful and explained things and suggested things to do like the pub crawl and what was on. It does get noisy in the rooms but I think that's to be expected with the location.

The hostel is situated in Dublin's trendiest neighborhood Temple Bar. There might be a lot of noise from the night owls and when they are gone, seagulls will treat your ears until the morning. For breakfast there are cereals, 2 types of toast, jam, Nutella and butter as well as coffee, tea etc. Space in the dorms is very short, but for a hostel in the city, it serves. The staff was very nice, letting me store my backpack for free after checking out.

My stay at this hostel was great! We arrived before check-in started and it wasn't a problem. We just stored our luggage in the locked room and wandered around the area until check-in. The location is absolutely fantastic! Right in Temple Bar but you couldn't hear the noise from our room. We stayed in a 4-bed mixed with ensuite and it was great. Shower was perfect-- hot and the pressure was wonderful. Under bed lockers kept your stuff safe. I would definitely stay here again!

Very clean hostel, and very friendly staff! All of them were very helpful. Will be back for sure!

• 1st Sep 2015

we spent our last 3 nights of 2 weeks in ireland and we'll definitely come bach as soon as possible