Barnacles Temple Bar House Reviews

19 Temple Lane, Temple Bar, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

Great location, staff is helpful, common areas are great for meeting people.

Good times, very centrally located. Will definitely be back.

• 24th Jun 2014

Really enjoyed my stay at Barnacles. The location was really good and easily accessible. The staff were very friendly and helpful, the showers were great and the pub crawl was so much fun. Wouldn't hesitate to stay here again and would definitely recommend to my friends!

Great hostel ,very kind staff, nice rooms, great kitchen and common room

Muchas Gracias Nuno.... Happy Travels, the Crew

For the price it was excellent. Staff were very friendly and helpful. We went on the bar crawl organised by the hostel which was great fun and helped us meet a lot of new people. Our room was beside the main street which was a bit noisy but not a major problem. The location was perfect.

• 24th Jun 2014
  • Northern Ireland
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Cheer for the great review Danny. Next time we will bring you on the Crawl... On us, Just get in touch with Shane...

This is a great, inexpensive place to stay. It's nothing fancy and can be a bit noisy at times, but you can't beat the location. If you're travelling with a group like I was (3 girls), it's worth renting the extra bed in a four bed room so that you have a private room.

• 22nd Jun 2014

Great hostel. Very convenient for Dublin and very enjoyable. Rock on Barnacles:)

Rock on Ryan??

Extremely friendly and helpful staff. Most difficult issue was noise from outside hostel late until the wee hours of the morning both band & loud people. Ear plugs should be brought.

• 22nd Jun 2014

It can get a little noisey, smack bang in the middle of it all. Free Ear Plugs at reception for one and all >! The Crew

I would like to say that I had a great time at Barnacles Hostel. the rooms are clean and its located right in the Temple Bar area so is near all the bars, nightlife and main tourist attractions. I would come again if I visited the Irish capital in the future

Great staff - very helpful. Wifi was solid, even on the top floor. I've stayed here a couple of times and will certainly be back at some point.

Cheers Greg, WIFI is now through out the building, in each room, on each floor, at each bed head....Whoop !1 Whoop !!

The facilities were nice, but the room was basically a well-kept broom closet. Very tiny, no table or desk, just a bunk bed (and a low slanting ceiling, so very little head room!) and a chair. The common area and the kitchen were very friendly, but the room was tiny to the point of being claustrophobic.

• 20th Jun 2014

Hi Chad. This particular room is a tad small, but big enough for the average European whom is quite small !! If you have problems just let us know and I'm sure we can do something to help out. The Crew

This hostel has an excellent, social environment which makes it easy to meet fellow travelers. Thatm and the dedicated helpfulness of the staff, make it a place I will definitely return to the next time I'm in town.

Hi Joanna And we will be delighted to have you back. Shane

Great location, excellent walking tours / pub crawls, good atmosphere

Hi Sophie, Great fun was had by all, thanks for the nice review. The Crew

Very helpful staff. Gave lots of hints being useful ;-) Breakfast is acceptable.

• 16th Jun 2014

Breakfast is acceptable, but were nearly there. Going to be offering more items for breakfast coming soon. Just waiting on a few clerical bits and bobs and then were away.... Yippee!1 Expanded Breakfast range coming soon , The Crew

This hostel was a good hostel. Great location. Clean rooms / clean toilets. The staff is very helpful in providing info for day activities / trips. I expected it to be more of a party hostel. Although the pub crawl is cool and you can attend it every night after purchasing a ticket, I was looking forward to pre-drinking and playing games with other members of the hostel. I wish the staff would arrange things like that to make it easier to meet people. Luckily, I had awesome people in my room.

Only could stay here one night, but it was great, great location and really friendly people. Book early cause spots go fast!

Great location and great staff! Super helpful and friendly front desk workers!

Thanks Jessica, Hope you had a great time ? The Crew

This hostel is absolutely great! My boyfriend & I stayed in one of the private en-suite rooms- the room & bathroom was clean and well decorated (we loved that we had a little balcony!) The location is great, and staff were friendly & helpful! Would definitely recommend!

• 12th Jun 2014

Staff was not extremely friendly. But the location of the hostel and lack of any other problems make this a great place to stay in Dublin. The place was very clean and it was very easy to meet other travelers. The pub crawl was also a lot of fun.

• 11th Jun 2014

Nice and clean, awesome central location, although temple bar is really loud at night so if you're looking for a good sleep this probably isn't the place for you. Staff is super friendly and helpful.