Barnacles Temple Bar House Reviews

19 Temple Lane, Temple Bar, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

Staff is great and really friendly! Great young travelers environment.

• 19th May 2014

Hard to believe with all the festivities going on literally just outside the Barnacles front door.....that there could be such a peaceful, homey atmosphere inside. Loved it, and have made my wish, to return one day soon! Thanks

• 18th May 2014

This hostel is great if you want to meet people or need suggestions on things to do in the city. They really set it up so you'll never be bored while staying here. Great atmosphere all around, and the staff are really helpful. They have free breakfast, but it's just toast and jam. Still, it's free, so who am I to complain. My only issue was with the bathroom. The door didn't close well, so water leaked onto the floor. Also, there's zero shelf space, even just for taking out contacts.

Good location. Very very loud however as it's in temple bar.

• 14th May 2014

Security was terrible, one night when we had a full room and everyone was sleeping, and had 3 guys walk right into the room after having opened the door with working key cards, look around, and walk back out. Was very suspicious, almost seemed as if they were looking for things to steal. Staff was average, not very willing to give directions back to the airport.

Had a great stay at Barnacles as my first solo hostel experience. The staff were very chilled and accommodating, letting me use the common room and kitchen before and after I checked in, and the location was fantastic as it is right in the middle of Temple Bar and perfect for just stepping out and having a wander around the city. They also really made an effort to organise activities like walking tours and game nights to help you meet other travellers. Will definitely stay there again!

• 11th May 2014

The staff were excellent, specially the assistant manager Frank, who went out of his way to help me with my stuff.

The dorm was good, it had comfy beds each with it's own little reading lamp, plenty of power outlets and lock up space. The ensuite was also good, however with a big open shower the floor did get a little wet but at least it was all clean. Breakfast in the morning was juice, tea, coffee, toast and jam. Would have been nice to have a small selection of cereals as well though.

Hey, Noted about the showers, what with modern design etc, it often is not that practical. So we are looking at shower curtains for that room. Also, breakfast will be expanded come June, to include 2 cereals and some fruit. thanks for the feedback man, All the best, The Crew

Good stay and would stay again. Very helpful with airport transportation. Only complaint is the breakfast is terrible and should not be called a "free breakfast."

Hi there, Thanks for staying with us. Its a small breakfast but your right, It Is Free, and you can have as much as you like. We are introducing cereal, milk and fruit in the near future so when you come back hopefully it will be ok for you. Regards, The Crew

Only reason I put average for facilities was because the shower leaked, water temperature wasn't ideal and the pressure almost hurt. Thanks

• 10th May 2014

Stay here every time I go to Dublin! Always a fun atmosphere and great people. Best location you could ask for!

Breakfast not so good though

Enjoyable hostel. In party area right next to Temple Bar... if you have a street room it can be incredibly loud. Comfy beds. Ok storage. Clean everywhere. Would stay again, but not if I wanted sleep that was quiet.

loved it!!!!!

• 7th May 2014

Loved this place and the staff! Shane welcome us and was so awesome! The rooms were a bit cramped but clean and the bathrooms were ok - extreme water pressure. Excellent location and the price is right!

friendly staff, nice location, well looked after

A well-run hostel that's clean and pleasant. I stayed in a private room that was small, but had a nice bathroom and a pretty skylight. The staff were always very helpful and knew a lot about the area. The security is very high. The location is perfect, near lots of restaurants, sights, and main attractions. Book it!

Awesome staff! Really great experience there and many fond memories! I highly recommend this place and will personally be back some day (I hope) :)

Great hostel next door to temple bar, so perfect for exploring Dublin and surrounds. Staff were very friendly and efficient. The breakfast could be improved. Only toast was very dissapointed. Please atleast offer cereal as well. No shower screen meant the bathroom was constantly flooded. Otherwise we had a good stay and would Stay again

I met some really cool people at hostel, the staff were very nice and helpful! Bathrooms were a bit small, and the door on my bin didn't work so I couldn't keep my items locked up. Overall good experience!