Baroque Hostel Reviews

Dózsa György str. 80/A, Budapest, Hungary

I did really like the Hostel. The personal was very friendly. Have booked it such as its not far away from Secheni Bath. The place where its located is really great.

The hostel is only 4-5 minutes to Hösök Tere metro station. For me, it is a hostel to rest. If you want to rest at the night without any voice, the hostel is preferable. However, if you want to meet new friends or party people in the hostel, it is not preferable. The internet connection is fast, but there is no breakfast. The receptionist was polite and complaisant. At all, I was happy to stay there.

Very warm in the rooms, maybe turn the heating down. Lovely place with friendly staff though.

• 20th Jan 2016

One of the best hostels I have ever been to. Excelent facilities, very clean and roomy, cool and friendly staff (they even made a new years celebration open to guests =) ) cool location, right 5 minutes walk from Hősök tere, bus stop right in front of it (lines 30 and 230 brings you directly to line M4, from which you can get to pretty much anywhere in Budapest).

• 30th Dec 2015

This hostel was adorable! So much character, great value, the beds were unbelievably comfortable! It was so nice to have a kitchen and there are many close by markets. Location is close to the train stations but not the city center. The staff was helpful and it was an overall great stay. The locks on the doors were tricky for the rooms, but I didn't feel unsafe.

We couldn't sleep at night. The staff was laughing loudly and were shouting until 3 a.m. I won't go back ever.

• 16th Nov 2015
  • Romania

We are sorry for your inconvenience. It doesn't happen all the time, so you can bravely give a try again, we guarantee a better experience!

This is less of a hostel and more of a halfway house for locals. These people stay up talking loudly, tv and music till 12/1am, taking over the lounge area. The walls are paper thin. I had room opposite reception, which is used as the meeting place for tenants who aren't concerned about noise. Free parking" is a lie. It's street parking if you're lucky. The metro and bus are conveniently close. Internet doesn't work all the time- despite what they say. Stay here ONLY if everywhere else is booked

Dear Guest, we are sorry you couldn't sleep, we gently try to keep other guest low after 10pm but sometimes it is difficult. An italian circus team stayed with us and believe me it was a challenge to keep them low! Otherwise there is no restriction on who and when can use the lounge. You probably expected for a private carpark, but we never presented this information anywhere. It is officially a free public carpark.

A very beautiful house, the decorations are lovely, I really loved the closet-entry idea, quite charming over all.

Private room in which I was accommodated was very small - size of bed + place for one chair. Mattress was covered with fungus or sth. There was cold in the room, heating hasn't worked and the cover was thin, no additional blanket. Omitting fungus on the bathroom walls, shared space was good - kitchen well equipped, TV and computer for common use. Nothing special. No breakfast for individual guests. Friendly and helpful stuff.

• 29th Sep 2015
  • Poland

Dear guest, Normally we don't switch on the heating until the outside temperature is up to 20 degrees during the day. When you were cold you could have gone to the reception (we are here 24 hours) and ask for a blanket or we have small electronic heaters too. without telling us your problem we can't help you and can't make your stay more comfortable. we cleaned the mildew in the bathroom and checked the mattress which didn't have anything like that.

Only complaint was lack of air circulation in some rooms and the floors are very creaky, so if you're a light sleeper...

It was an amasing stay and a very pleasant atmosphere, it is living up to it's name. Thank you

• 22nd Sep 2015
  • Romania

Easily the worst hostel I've ever stayed at. Besides consistently unfriendly service, and a completely lacking atmosphere, the front desk worker literally tried to fist fight me at 7 in the morning after I asked to use the computer after my wallet was stolen at Sziget. One of the most absurd and surreal experiences I've ever had.

Dear guest! We understand loosing your wallet spoiled your mood and had an impact on your whole experience. But you forget to mention something: you partied all night, came back in the morning, didn't introduce yourself and arrogantly demanded to use the computer which influenced firm action of the receptionist as he didn't know you were a guest of the hostel. We have to protect the calm and values of our guests, so we don't let in strangers. This is why is practical to introduce yourself to a receptionist you haven't met before. After you did so he was helpful. It is hard to judge a situation from far between 2 people who hardly slept after a long night. I'm sure the receptionist could have been nicer and could have handle the situation more gentle. We are sorry for this! We hope to see you again sometimes to prove our service is not "consistently unfriendly"