Baroque Hostel Reviews

Dózsa György str. 80/A, Budapest, Hungary

Easily the worst hostel I've ever stayed at. Besides consistently unfriendly service, and a completely lacking atmosphere, the front desk worker literally tried to fist fight me at 7 in the morning after I asked to use the computer after my wallet was stolen at Sziget. One of the most absurd and surreal experiences I've ever had.

He staff were brilliant. And the hostel is great, but the two bed room isn't completely private. Which maybe is ok, but did cause us to be woke up a few times.

The location of this hostel can seem a bit far of the city centre, but it's located near the Heroes square and next to the metro, which is really cheap. The room was enormous and really comfortable. The kitchen was empty of dirty things every time. The staff was really nice and was able to solve all of our questions about what to visit in budapest. In conclusion, this hostel is perfect and his atmosphere can help you to chill out.

Very nice place stay good staff. Location is not close center but not too far away only 15 minutes walk central train station.

It wasn't a terrible stay but staff obviously just don't care. when we checked in there wasn't any offers of info/ maps/ atm of any form they didn't even show us where the bathroom was. No aircon or even windows that opened and it was sweltering hot. Our double room was a mattress on a shelf, with less than a meter of walking space beside it. But relatively clean and ok otherwise

Dear Guest, There is a block of maps on the reception desk that no one can miss out during the check in. Also lots of infos on the huge mirror behind the reception, unmissable too. Of course we can't present all the information but we got used to it when somebody has a question they ask and we reply. The loft room you stayed is not a typical room and most of our guests like it, we are sorry you didn't. If you had asked about changing rooms we would have offered another one.

Quaint hostel a little bit further away from the main party hostels but very close to the main park. Good if you want a more relaxed hostel for a bit.

Super cool and interesting place. Staff are extremely accommodating and helpful. It isn't too difficult to reach the main attractions, although it is a little trip away. Would definitely recommend

Hoza Hostel is in an unsavoury area (although that can be said for most of Budapest), but is located next to the main park. It is very close to various supermarkets but takes about 45 minutes walking to the old town and quite far from the bus station. No air conditioning and difficult to find.

Room was very small but had everything we needed! Liked the quirky style of the place. Kitchen was really good. Staff helpful! Felt like there could be more signs showing where to go down to get to the hostel but otherwise would recommend to those on a budget. Only a 15 min walk from the station and about 20 from the centre of everything!

I was here with my boyfriend and we loved the place. It is clean, confortable and the staff is really nice. It is easeasy to move around the city from here.

• 28th Jun 2015
  • Mexico

Very good location and high value of money. Everything was nice and clean!

I gave Security average as a guy could open a window from the dorm to my single room... I found the location excellent (near to the park) but some people wouldn´t think so.... The staff war great, cleanliness in the rooms and kitchen just great.

Thanks for your review, we are on it to fix the window Adam - manager

Location is pretty far. The staff here weren't very welcoming and were quite unprofessional. My room was tiny but there were plenty of showers and toilets. However, I am a cheap ass and would definitely stay here again!

Baroque is situated in an atmospheric old building; the facilities are good, for a cheap price. But there were two major cons. The location wouldn't bother me that much (since it is fairly close to Hosok Tere metro and Hero's Square) but there seemed to be literally NOTHING around in terms of eating and drinking options. Also, the staff were just generally unwelcoming and unhelpful and didn't seem to know anything, and only answered your questions briefly. Also confusing how to get to the door

We're sorry for the behavior of the staff, we are ging to use your opinion to make changes in this. Actually there are differnet opportunities around for eating and drinking (just two examples: Piroska Restaurant in 500 meters, or Kertem garden-bar also within a few hundreds of meters in the City park) hopefully next time you can explore these. I can't imagine what could be confusing with the door... there are bells on both entrances. Regards, Adam /manager/

Nice beds, mens showers need work. Men's bathrooms are nice though

The place is very simple. It feels like an old place, so the bed are not that great. It could be a lot better if they renew the bedrooms, especially the mattresses. Apart from that, the place is safe and clean. I wouldn't rule out, but wouldn't expect a lot, either.

Just pretty average. Some of the photos and facilities described are quite misleading and the majority of the staff were incredibly rude and unfriendly to us. I wouldn't recommend this place unless you are on a really tight budget and just want somewhere to sleep. Our room (double private room) didn't have a proper window so it was really dark and dingy and there was no way of ventilating our room properly. Although it is in the centre, it is about a 30-40 minute walk from the main sights.

Dear Matilda, really sorry about your bad feelings. We try our best, but they somehow just don't stick every time with our proper plans. Hope that next time (if there's a next time) we can chat beside a bottle of wine to find out our hostel's weaknesses and other blemish. Best, András

I only stayed there for one night. But the room was very small. so you couldn't have your luggage in there, and because there were lockers big enough for backpacks you had to leave it in the hall. otherwise it was fine.

Hi, we are very sorry for the inconvenience with your luggage. The new lockers hasn't been finsihed when you stayed in the Baroque and the room is also new this is the reason why there was a little trouble with the luggage. I hope next time you will choose us again (we will be completely ready with everything). See you soon! Kind Regards, Anna

I really liked how you decorated the hostel, you gave me some ideas for my appartament :)

• 14th May 2015
  • Serbia

It's a bit of a walk from downtown but perfect if you're looking for a quiet place. You can even pay in Euros! Only critique I have is that dorm rooms have no lock and only bagpack-sized lockers, Guests were let in through the front door by reception staff, which is ok as they do not have too many guests