Baroque Hostel Reviews

Dózsa György str. 80/A, Budapest, Hungary

Nice location a little outside the center, but still close to the subway. The staff was great and the atmosphere is very friendly, however I cannot fully recommend Baroque hostel because the room was atrocious. They put 4 beds in a room that was literally a large closet. There is no way 4 people could have even stood in the room much less room for their luggage. Additionally, the door on that room was VERY squeaky. This is my third time to Budapest, if I return for a 4th, I will not stay here.

One of the 8-bed female dorm had no window. Even one night there was an extra mattress on the floor, so that we were sharing 9 people a room without window and a tiny fan to remove the air. One toilette was broken and, as a result, only 1 was available for all women. It also lacked a window, so that it didn't smell good. Very cheap, but would not recommend for long stays

• 16th Jul 2014
  • Spain

Nicest hostel we stayed in by a mile, perfect location and super-friendly and helpful staff. The building is beautiful, people were great. It was pretty quiet as its low-capacity but so close to transport links, grocery stores and getting into town. Will definitely be staying here again if I'm in Budapest!

I thought the hostel was very clean and a great space, however it is a bit far from the city center and you would definitely need to hop on the metro or bus in order to make it into downtown in under 30 mins. Everyone working there was helpful and congenial and made staying there quite comfortable. They do have a kitchen so you can buy your own food and cook which is nice. The wifi is somewhat sporadic though and it should be noted that the bathroom is done in communal dorm style.

Wonderful Staff and environment.

• 13th Jun 2014

Very quiet and tidy place with charming interiors. Very nice, practical location, close to shops and public communication. The only downside is some creaky doors, thin walls between the rooms and wooden floors (it's made from a huge, old flat), so you have to be careful not to disturb others, but if you understand that - not a problem. Not a party place (which I found very positive) and perhaps not a hitch-hiker - backpacker's dream, rather a boutique spot.

The hostel was great and staff were really helpful. Amazing !!! :)

• 11th Apr 2014
  • Poland

This was the second time when I have stayed in the Baroque Hostel. From last time everything has changed much better stuff, everything is super clean the security is also much better! I will come back again for sure!!:-)))

First I would kike to say the day staff are very nice and helpful, and in general I had no complaints on the staff front. Still with rooms within rooms means people walking through to get to their rooms making it noisy. Also the public space is charmless and depressing. It is a good location for the Park and heroes square with great jogging tracks, but inferior for anyone who wants to be near down town or the tourist sites

The Baroque Hostel thanks you for your reply (in the name of the staff also). We're sorry that you found our public space charmless and depressing, but as our guests mean a lot to us, any suggestion is welcomed. As you mentioned, the location is good: Heroes' Square, City Park, Museum of Fine Arts, Műcsarnok Art Gallery, Széchenyi Thermal Bath, Zoo, etc. are just 10 min. walk from us. Down town is indeed 30 min. walk (15 min. by public transport), but still belongs to the heart of the city.