Barra Beach Club Oceanfront Hostel Reviews

Servidao da Prainha, 122, Barra da Lagoa, Florianopolis, Brazil

It was my third time there and I can say the attendance is still excelent. Great coffee break, awesome location, staff grade 10, very clean! Sleep listening to the ocean sound is priceless. Thank you Barra Beach Club!!!

A very nice place to stay, the location ins awesome and next to a beatiful beach. I'm planning to stay there the next time I go to Florianópolis.

• 18th Apr 2015

Great stay here thanks for having me ! Will be back

What a great place! It was recommended to me while I was in Rio and definitely exceeded my expectations! The staff is great, the bar provides good drinks and the chiefs cook some pretty nice dinner - but the most important part is the awesome location! From basically any spot within the hostel you can see the ocean and the small naturally secluded part of the beach; as an extra you can hear the waves all night long as the surroundings are super quiet - pretty damn close to heaven :)

A really great hostel, super friendly and helpful staff, clean. The evening meals were amazing!

very friendly and helpful stuff, beautiful view, delicious breakfast

Great location. Super easy to find via bus; it is the end of one of the bus lines. Great staff, speak English, Portuguese, Spanish Awesome ocean view and beautiful complex. Would definitely tell friends to visit. Hope to visit again myself.

• 31st Mar 2015

Amazing hostel! Best location ever. So chilled out. Amazing stuff.. the rooms are really good, you wake up in the sound of the ocean. I would recommend this hostel to everyone who goes to Florianopolis. Just perfect.

I couldn't have asked for a better stay in floripa than the time I had at BBC. All of the staff were exceptional and all together the nicest I've experienced. Hi Maru! The location is second to none, with an almost private beach at the doorstep and the beautiful main Barra De Lagoa beach only a few minutes walk. The free caipirinha every night is a great way to meet people and the meals offered by the in-house cook are amazing value for money for the penny pinching traveller. Highly recommend.

Great Hostel, staff were very helpful and location couldnt possibly be any better!

• 25th Mar 2015

Nice place to chill in Florianopolis for a few days. Not much too the hostel itself but you don't need anything if you're just on the beach. Decent bar area.

One of my fave places we've stayed. Absolutely stunning and the staff were the most helpful & friendly human beings on this planet! :)

Great friendly staff , amazing location recommend for all !!!

Great place to meet people, especially when traveling alone. Which is pretty much any hostel...but this one had a strong clientele of partygoers. It was a fun weekend!

Great hostel with a great crowd, highly recommend!

The hostel was in a perfect location overlooking a cool little secluded beach. I ate at the hostel each night I was there and the food was great and reasonably priced. The only disappointment was the fact that I got charged $90 Real for the transfer to the airport by someone working for the hostel which left a bad taste in my mouth. Besides that it was a cool place with friendly staff.

I fell in love with the receptionist, she was absolutely beautiful and so nice, like a Hawaiian princess.

• 2nd Mar 2015

We booked a private for 2nights+extended in a 4bed dorm for 2more. Private was perfect. Dorm was smelly. This hostel could be the best in South America. The food in the bar is to die for. Staff are very friendly and helpful. Beach location is class. I'd prefer to have no free caipirinha&drink moderately priced drinks, than have a free1&pay RS15 for 1after. You can get 2 down the road for that price. Bar is massive hence it needs a big crowd so drop the price of the drink&people will drink there.

I really liked this hostel, specially the atmosphere. You can have a free caipirinha everyday. There are not many brazilians in this hostel, mostly people from Europe and USA. It was clean and I felt safe. The only bad thing was the noise on the weekends because of a nearby club that plays really loud music. I would stay there again!

We had a great time at Barra Beach Club...friendly and helpful staff, cool set up, good breakfast spread and free caipirinhas--a gente adorou!

• 22nd Feb 2015