Barra Beach Club Oceanfront Hostel Reviews

Servidao da Prainha, 122, Barra da Lagoa, Florianopolis, Brazil

Great stuff, great atmosphere, great place!

Great location if you want isolated and on the beach, not so good if you want to be able to walk to places. Not sure how this is rated so highly, was good, but not the best I've been too.

Hi Jade, sounds like your expectations were too high. Were anything out of place is a disappointment. We are happy that you had a good time though. THATS the important thing! Take care, Jim

Great location with an amazing view. Friendly, easy going people with a chilled out vibe. Best breakfast possible with fresh juice, paninis with ham/cheese/tomato, fresh fruits and quality cereal. Free rental of surf equipment (boards+wetsuit) is a huge plus and a money saver. Free caipirinha every day drags all guests to the bar around 7pm, nice sociable event to start the evening. Downside is the bad internet connection due to the fact that it's an island. Besides, some rooms smell a bit odd

this place is amazing, by far the best hostel I've stayed in. the dinners they offer are cheap and tasty

Its so satisfying for us to hear that from someone with 49 reviews! Thanks Nathan and take care, Jim

Very nice place to stay. Thanks for all of your help.

• 21st Oct 2014

I usually do not write reviews (as you can see the number of reviews I post), but the staff and facility at this location were exceptional. I rented the single room (two twin beds) which was located above the common area and noticed that the beds were comfy and clean (cleanliness is something I hold dear). They are strict in they close this area at 11:00pm for quiet time so was able to get a good night sleep every night. The entire staff are super friendly and knowledgeable for activities.

• 14th Oct 2014

Hostel staff were amazing, particularly Ali and Nico. Genuinely lovely people who made you feel right at home. Hostel facilities were excellent. In all my travels I've never stayed at a hostel that runs a bar and kitchen to the standard that you guys do and at a very reasonable price. My boyfriend and I loved our stay at the Barra Beach Club and we were really sad to leave. We will definitely recommend to all travellers.

Lovely location over the beach and very handy that they let you borrow notebooks, surfboards etc. Free caipirinha each night too.

Great hostel with lots of free equipment to borrow (balls, surfboards etc). Private beach is also a great plus. Very friendly staff.

Nice hostel in an awesome location with friendly and helpful staff. I ended up staying a couple of extra days and if I ever go back to Floripa it is where I will stay.

t took a while to get to barra but was beautiful once we arrived. However unfortunately it rained the entire time we were there which meant the rooms were very damp and there were lots of mosquitoes (bring spray, coils, cream, plug ins!) On the plus side, the staff were friendly and very helpful. The facilities were good including a well equipped kitchen, ping pong table, pool table and tv room! Oh and the breakfast was brilliant!!

A beautiful location on the beach. You coud get caught staying here forever!!

I stayed for few days in barra beach club, its a nice place, in front of the beach, staff was super friendly and useful. I stayed in a dorm, which it smelled not so well (ithink some other traveler left footprint) and in spite the place is cleaned everyday, it didnt work. Anyways, i would come back here.

Great staff, they really made us feel at home. The view from the balcony of the bedroom was great. We also liked the almost private beach, that can't be accessed by car It was the best hostel we stayed in our trip from sao paulo to buenos aires by car.

Good atmosphere with cool staff in a chill location. Bit far from town etc. but to get a few days off the grid is perfect. Good dinner meals!

This has been my favourite hostel so far on my travels. It's like staying in a boutique hostel. Nothing negative to say! The resident chef is AMAZING and the food is so reasonably priced. The barman makes amazing caipirinhas too. Everyone needs to stay here!

Best hostel I've visited! Couldn't believe the ratings but it is totally true. Great bunks, super friendly staff. A free caipirinha every night. Great chef that makes affordable dinner. Nice breakfast. Superb location (basically private beach). Did some trips to other beaches (I recommend the secluded one, it's a 1+ hour hike, but so worth it!).

The best hostel ever: beautifful location staff is super nice wetsuits and surfboards for free nice breakfast cheap, very tasty food at night (you dont have to go out) nice kitchen if you prefer to cook by yourself very clean.......

• 5th Sep 2014

A beatiful location, we went in low season and it was very quiet but they hostel still organized trips to nightspots. Recommend going in thier high season as they organize some amazing stuff. Renting wetsuits and boards for free was a great plus. They offered cheap Italian meals for dinner which were fantastic, awesome ravioli. Showers weren't the hottest but that wouldn't matter in the warmer months. Overall a really nice stay when the island was at its quietest.

Fantastic staff, amazing cook and bartender. I had a really great moment with you all. So sad you had to close for August but your truly deserve your holidays. If during the next months/year I need a big break, now I know where to go ! Philippe

« first « Prev 1 2 3