Barra Beach Club Oceanfront Hostel Reviews

Servidao da Prainha, 122, Barra da Lagoa, Florianopolis, Brazil

One of my fave places we've stayed. Absolutely stunning and the staff were the most helpful & friendly human beings on this planet! :)

Great friendly staff , amazing location recommend for all !!!

Great place to meet people, especially when traveling alone. Which is pretty much any hostel...but this one had a strong clientele of partygoers. It was a fun weekend!

Great hostel with a great crowd, highly recommend!

The hostel was in a perfect location overlooking a cool little secluded beach. I ate at the hostel each night I was there and the food was great and reasonably priced. The only disappointment was the fact that I got charged $90 Real for the transfer to the airport by someone working for the hostel which left a bad taste in my mouth. Besides that it was a cool place with friendly staff.

I fell in love with the receptionist, she was absolutely beautiful and so nice, like a Hawaiian princess.

• 2nd Mar 2015

I really liked this hostel, specially the atmosphere. You can have a free caipirinha everyday. There are not many brazilians in this hostel, mostly people from Europe and USA. It was clean and I felt safe. The only bad thing was the noise on the weekends because of a nearby club that plays really loud music. I would stay there again!

We had a great time at Barra Beach Club...friendly and helpful staff, cool set up, good breakfast spread and free caipirinhas--a gente adorou!

• 22nd Feb 2015

It was a nice stay. Great good, thanks mansuki and laura! I recommend to stay at this hostel just for the dinner.

One of the best hostel´s I have been to. View of the beach, free hire of beach gear (surf board, etc), decent rooms and great breakfast. For 20 to 25 reals you can eat a really good meal at night, cooked by the chef, plus the drinks are a decent size and really tasty! Dont miss out!

Incredible location. Overlooking the beach. It's a resort view in a hostel. Meals cooked by the chef were also fantastic. They don't let you bring in your own drinks which is a bit of a pain as the place is on the pricy side. Definitely worth staying here a few days to relax. Note that there is no air con in the rooms despite them advertising having ac.

Staff were helpful and very friendly. Facilities in the hostel were great - very comfortable beds abd Powerpoints abundant and a good free breakfast. Atmosphere was good. Only thing that would be better was if there was wifi in the rooms.

It's always a pleasure staying here.

They have everything - its a big hostel, but it feels like a small one since you can talk with the recepcionists as a friend, and everyone looks like one big crew. The promoter Two argentinan receptionists gave me a lot of attention, once you ask something they give you everything, even more thank you ask!! And another guy who even doesnt work there anymore too. The best bar with a view I have seen in floripa! All looks like a resort on the forest, the threes, and with a private beach. INCREDIBL

Great staff including ant, maru, babara and Ali. Breakfast is OK. Location the beach is amazing.

Top class hostel, if you're staying in Flori you have to stay here !! Staff are brilliant, (especially Ali), sorted us out with everything we needed and more. 👌

After travelling for almost a year, I definitely can say Barra Beach Club was the best hostel I've ever stayed! All the facilities are great and they even offer you surfboard or snorkeling gear rental for free. The big difference in this hostel is the staff: they are all nice and friendly, always keen to sort things out, arrange party tickets or get along. A huge thanks specially to Ale, Maru and Gabriel! Looking forward to see you guys again at BBC for holidays!

• 20th Jan 2015

All in all a nice hostel. There were a few things we didnt like though. For example, the bar closes at 11pm and dinner is served until 9pm.. thats not american times! Plus, all the place is very humid and we saw plenty of cockroaches. But its clean in general. The staff didnt propose any group activities, but was very nice.

Great hostel in amazing chilled location with amazing staff and an awesome restaurant. Free equipment rental is great. No air con/decent fans in rooms hurts in the florianopolis heat

• 13th Jan 2015