Barra Beach Club Oceanfront Hostel Reviews

Servidao da Prainha, 122, Barra da Lagoa, Florianopolis, Brazil

After travelling for almost a year, I definitely can say Barra Beach Club was the best hostel I've ever stayed! All the facilities are great and they even offer you surfboard or snorkeling gear rental for free. The big difference in this hostel is the staff: they are all nice and friendly, always keen to sort things out, arrange party tickets or get along. A huge thanks specially to Ale, Maru and Gabriel! Looking forward to see you guys again at BBC for holidays!

• 20th Jan 2015

All in all a nice hostel. There were a few things we didnt like though. For example, the bar closes at 11pm and dinner is served until 9pm.. thats not american times! Plus, all the place is very humid and we saw plenty of cockroaches. But its clean in general. The staff didnt propose any group activities, but was very nice.

Great hostel in amazing chilled location with amazing staff and an awesome restaurant. Free equipment rental is great. No air con/decent fans in rooms hurts in the florianopolis heat

• 13th Jan 2015

Best place ever!!

• 8th Jan 2015
  • Argentina

One of the best hostel i ve been,staff is amazing,helpfull and polite,position is good for relax!big structure and good services! U ll love it

• 8th Jan 2015

My stay was beyond my expectations. The hostel is really like a "beach club" and every morning you wake up to the sound of waves of the almost private beach just in front. Very helpful staff, great breakfast in the bar with a breathtaking view of the beach. There are surf boards available free of charge and a free caipirinha everynight. Life can´t get much better than this! Just remember to bring repelent and make sure to bring enough cash as the clostest atm is only at Lagoa ( a bit far);

This hostel is amazing. As soon as you arrive there youcan see the sea in front of you. Just few steps down and then you are on the beach. The breakfast is perfect! Including: diferent types of bread, coffee, tea, milk, juices, ham and cheese, tomato, dulce de leche, jam and fruits! The localization is perfect, near the center of Barra da Lagoa Beach. During high season you can face traffic to go to the other beaches, but it´s worth!

• 2nd Jan 2015

This was my first ever hostel, and I was pleasantly surprised! We had a 4 bed dorm between 3 of us, it was cleaned daily and was ok in size. Only downfall was they need air con! The hostel had an amazing view! It was minutes walk to the beech and local town, for the low cost I thought this place was excellent and would definitely go again!

We had an awesome stay! Super friendly staff, amazing food all around the clock and the best location you could imagine. Definitely worth a second visit :)

• 25th Dec 2014

The hostel is well built with a fantastic view of the beach from most cabins. Each cabin/ house has two or three rooms with bunk beds. The staff working here is by far some of the best I have encountered on my travels. The rooms and bathrooms are cleaned regularly and well. Avoid the Boat tour. It's isn't worth a 100 reals at all unless they reinstate the all you can drink Caipi's. Get to know Ale. Very awesome dude who works there.

the staff were awesome, especially Ali and Mar in reception. Ali will take you surfing and mar was like a mum to us. the food in the bar was epic and great value for money. the bar staff were great too and threw me a party on my birthday. Nicole looked after us and was a legend. only downside was the location as you had to get transfers or buses into town where the bars were. it could be done but was a bit of a hassle with peak season traffic. overall amazing hostel though!

Amazing hostel! Didn't ant to leave! Staff were extremely helpful wig everything and always went the extra mile!

had an amazing stay in this hostel! close to the beach, bus station, supermarkets and restaurants. the staff is incredibly nice and qualified and the dorm rooms are spacious and clean. also the hostel facilitates transport to some activities like boatparty, clubs and bars etc.

We wouldn't leave if we don't have to. Amazing staff, amazing Hostel. One of the best i've ever stayed in! Highly recommend it.

• 15th Dec 2014

one of the best hostels I have ever been to!!! Its not just THE perfect location with a beautiful view, a great beach and great rooms, the people here are extremely kind and dedicated and do everything to make your stay as perfect as possible. not to forget is the delicious food and caipirinhas in the bar upstairs. thank you guys for taking care of me after I wristed my ankle!!!! Besides this injury you made my stay in the hostel unforgettable! un abrazo katharina

• 14th Dec 2014

I was in a mixed dorm, so it was not possible to have a female room... There was a young boy and he tried to sleep with me, while i was laying in bed, so this is the reason of my bad review for security. He didn't rape me or anything further, but i was happy, that others have been in this room. The seine about cleanness is, that every time, when your staff was cleaning, i couldn't find my things. Once i left my bikini under my Pillow and after the cleaning it was lost and the second night

• 13th Dec 2014

The staff was amazing and the hostel itself was also very clean and organized. They rent out free surfboards, wetsuits, etc and provide a list of fun things to do every day and night.

Muy tranquilo. We loved our week here at Barra Beach and wished we could've stayed longer. Definitely the best place we've stayed, set above the beach on the hill. Everything in Barra is walking distance, Lagoa is close by bus to go out to and the hostel organises big nights out most nights. Brekky is delicious and you can buy lunch and dinner there most days. Staff are great value. Definitely recommend

Awesome hostel!! The location and views are unbeatable, for a hostel 2min walk from the beach it's super clean and not even sandy, great kitchen but an even better chef who cooks delicious, healthy meals for lunch and dinner, heaps of boards all for free use and a great breakky! The staff are super friendly and helpful- Ale and Maru especially who were always keen to take us on hikes and hang out with the guests. It's a very chilled place so be careful, you'll stay longer than planned!!

Good place in Barra de Lagoa - great views of the ocean, good breakfast, easy to meet people, and great staff. Always something to do and close to the beach.

« first « Prev 1 2 3