Barra Beach Club Oceanfront Hostel Reviews

Servidao da Prainha, 122, Barra da Lagoa, Florianopolis, Brazil

A beatiful location, we went in low season and it was very quiet but they hostel still organized trips to nightspots. Recommend going in thier high season as they organize some amazing stuff. Renting wetsuits and boards for free was a great plus. They offered cheap Italian meals for dinner which were fantastic, awesome ravioli. Showers weren't the hottest but that wouldn't matter in the warmer months. Overall a really nice stay when the island was at its quietest.

Fantastic staff, amazing cook and bartender. I had a really great moment with you all. So sad you had to close for August but your truly deserve your holidays. If during the next months/year I need a big break, now I know where to go ! Philippe

Barra beach is the best hostel we have stayed in so far. They have everything you need and expect. The staff were excellent from as soon as we walked in. Ale and Marianna on reception were always on hand to help and go the extra mile. The rooms were clean and well maintained, breakfast was very good and the kitchen area was very well equipped with enough space for a few people to cook at once. The hostel has a great location and atmosphere, there is no reason to stay anywhere else

I loved this hostel, every member of staff is friendly and out going. The view from the hostel is amazing. The hostel is very clean and looked after. If you're going to florianopolis in their winter months though bring warm clothes as it gets really cold at night. The only thing if say they need here is heater lamps on the decking for the winter nights.

AMAZING hostel! Felt more like a resort. It is right on the beach and the staff really spoil you! Probably the best hostel I've stayed at! Instead of charging you a deposit to rent equipment, they trust you to check it in/out. Breakfast is really good and fresh juice everyday! Amazing bar and delicious caipirihnas. A nice getaway. I'm definitely coming back!

Deservedly one of the best. Very helpful, friendly and funny staff who speak fluent English. Special thanks to Joana and Gabriel! Rooms so spacious, cleaned properly daily, and spaced generously apart in separate huts. Dorms well designed with sinks outside bathrooms and person power sockets for examples. It's the small things! Minus marks on security as our dormitory door would not lock, and though attempts were made this was never fully resolved

The staff is amazing! I got food poisoning before i get there and couldnt cancel my trip. They took care of me and made me feel like home on the very first day! Leaving was hard, this place has such a beautiful view and its very very worth it.

• 10th Jul 2014

Mariella (I think that's how you spell her name) is beautiful Sam

Nice hostel with own secluded beach and small hiking area with great views. Staff was friendly and assisted with any questions. Easy bus ride to Lagoa da Conceição for a more lively atmosphere/ nightlife.

Great staff but the area is some what quiet in the Brazilian winter with limited options nearby. Also there was very limited entertainment in the evenings.

• 4th Jul 2014

Best hostel I've stayed at, it's so chilled and that view bang!

• 27th Jun 2014

The best hostel I've ever stayed in. This place is more like a resort then a hostel. The staff are amazing and the views are to die for. I can't reccomend this place enough!

Awesome hostel best bar you could imagine. Awesome people who work there always up for a good time and have got good tips on things to do etc. great facilities and location is perfect for the island.

• 24th Jun 2014

Great location and view. Ability to party and relax depending on your preference. I have stayed at 5 hostels in Floripa and this is definitely the best by a long shot!

One of the best hostels I´ve stayed in

I loved my stay at Barra Beach Club, the staff are amazing and make you feel at home! They are like a family and you can feel the good vibes they are putting out. Anything you needed they could help you with. A very relaxed place to stay, and you have to love the view from the bar!

Great vibe great people beautiful place

Definitely one of my favourite hostels in South America. The staff were so friendly and helpful. Their are many tours organised and other activities.its right on the beach and the staff were incredibly helpful to me.i came alone but it is a great place to make friends.i would definitely come back.oh and the food is amazing! 100% stay here if you are going to florionopolis.

Amazing hostel! Breakfast every morning was some of the best I've had in South America. The staff go out of their way to make sure you have everything you need and also remember your name too. The photos really don't do the view justice it's amazing! Would recommend everyone stay here! Thanks Jim and crew for an amazing stay!

Please ensure sunshine next time ;-)

Hi Fabian! I`ll work on that! Thanks for the review and hope the rest of your trip is dryer. Take care, Jim

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4