Barra Beach Club Oceanfront Hostel Reviews

Servidao da Prainha, 122, Barra da Lagoa, Florianopolis, Brazil

This was an amazing place! There were great views of the ocean and it was quiet without cars. The staff were very cool and friendly. There´s amazing dinner every night by an Italian chef for about 25reales...delicious and good value (and there was a vegetarian option and if there wasn't, the chef made it vegetarian for me!) I loved it here!!

Traveller and visitors very US dominated, few internatuonal guests and n Brazilians. If you like loud US college party games (beer pong) it's fine though...

• 8th May 2015

Best hostel in Brasil. Facilities were second to none, staff spoke fantastic English and willing to help in any way. Located right on the beach and free hire of wetsuits, surfboards and an array of other goodies If you don't stay here more fool you

This place is simply PARADISE! The hostel setup is like beach shacks overlooking Barra Beach, but what makes it the best is the people, the awesome family vibe of the place & how well the staff look after you. I celebrated my birthday here & as soon as the hostel found out, I got absolutely SPOILT & truly had one of the best most memorable birthdays ever! We were SO sad to leave & still talk about our stay here as one of the highlights of our trip. Thanks Barra I can't wait to come back!

I am a baller and I love this hostel I want to live there forever. Good to go and party in Floripa with Brazil girls

The location of the hostel is perfect and the staff is amazing! They are super friendly. Overall, just a great hostel to meet people and the environment is awesome! Hostel location provides a great view of the beach!

Great hostel with beach right in front, you also get free hire of surfboards and 1 free caipirinha every night, staff super friendly and very helpful !

Great atmosphere, staff and ocean view! Only minus is the location which is quite far from Lagoa and Floripa but this obviously has its advantages too! Overall great stay

It was my third time there and I can say the attendance is still excelent. Great coffee break, awesome location, staff grade 10, very clean! Sleep listening to the ocean sound is priceless. Thank you Barra Beach Club!!!

A very nice place to stay, the location ins awesome and next to a beatiful beach. I'm planning to stay there the next time I go to Florianópolis.

• 18th Apr 2015

The staff were very attentive and helpful. Everything was well thought-out and the dinners were great, although on the pricey side.

Great stay here thanks for having me ! Will be back

What a great place! It was recommended to me while I was in Rio and definitely exceeded my expectations! The staff is great, the bar provides good drinks and the chiefs cook some pretty nice dinner - but the most important part is the awesome location! From basically any spot within the hostel you can see the ocean and the small naturally secluded part of the beach; as an extra you can hear the waves all night long as the surroundings are super quiet - pretty damn close to heaven :)

We liked this hostel a lot. Staff are great. It's a sociable hostel and the organised nights out are really good. Free surf boards and wetsuits to use and the beach is just there - right in front of the hostel. Breakfast was really good. And the dinners were amazing and big enough to share between two. We would stay there again for sure.

A really great hostel, super friendly and helpful staff, clean. The evening meals were amazing!

very friendly and helpful stuff, beautiful view, delicious breakfast

Great location. Super easy to find via bus; it is the end of one of the bus lines. Great staff, speak English, Portuguese, Spanish Awesome ocean view and beautiful complex. Would definitely tell friends to visit. Hope to visit again myself.

• 31st Mar 2015

Amazing hostel! Best location ever. So chilled out. Amazing stuff.. the rooms are really good, you wake up in the sound of the ocean. I would recommend this hostel to everyone who goes to Florianopolis. Just perfect.

I couldn't have asked for a better stay in floripa than the time I had at BBC. All of the staff were exceptional and all together the nicest I've experienced. Hi Maru! The location is second to none, with an almost private beach at the doorstep and the beautiful main Barra De Lagoa beach only a few minutes walk. The free caipirinha every night is a great way to meet people and the meals offered by the in-house cook are amazing value for money for the penny pinching traveller. Highly recommend.

Great Hostel, staff were very helpful and location couldnt possibly be any better!

• 25th Mar 2015