Barra Beach Club Oceanfront Hostel Reviews

Servidao da Prainha, 122, Barra da Lagoa, Florianopolis, Brazil

A beautiful location on the beach. You coud get caught staying here forever!!

I stayed for few days in barra beach club, its a nice place, in front of the beach, staff was super friendly and useful. I stayed in a dorm, which it smelled not so well (ithink some other traveler left footprint) and in spite the place is cleaned everyday, it didnt work. Anyways, i would come back here.

Great staff, they really made us feel at home. The view from the balcony of the bedroom was great. We also liked the almost private beach, that can't be accessed by car It was the best hostel we stayed in our trip from sao paulo to buenos aires by car.

Good atmosphere with cool staff in a chill location. Bit far from town etc. but to get a few days off the grid is perfect. Good dinner meals!

This has been my favourite hostel so far on my travels. It's like staying in a boutique hostel. Nothing negative to say! The resident chef is AMAZING and the food is so reasonably priced. The barman makes amazing caipirinhas too. Everyone needs to stay here!

Best hostel I've visited! Couldn't believe the ratings but it is totally true. Great bunks, super friendly staff. A free caipirinha every night. Great chef that makes affordable dinner. Nice breakfast. Superb location (basically private beach). Did some trips to other beaches (I recommend the secluded one, it's a 1+ hour hike, but so worth it!).

The best hostel ever: beautifful location staff is super nice wetsuits and surfboards for free nice breakfast cheap, very tasty food at night (you dont have to go out) nice kitchen if you prefer to cook by yourself very clean.......

• 5th Sep 2014

A beatiful location, we went in low season and it was very quiet but they hostel still organized trips to nightspots. Recommend going in thier high season as they organize some amazing stuff. Renting wetsuits and boards for free was a great plus. They offered cheap Italian meals for dinner which were fantastic, awesome ravioli. Showers weren't the hottest but that wouldn't matter in the warmer months. Overall a really nice stay when the island was at its quietest.

Fantastic staff, amazing cook and bartender. I had a really great moment with you all. So sad you had to close for August but your truly deserve your holidays. If during the next months/year I need a big break, now I know where to go ! Philippe

Barra beach is the best hostel we have stayed in so far. They have everything you need and expect. The staff were excellent from as soon as we walked in. Ale and Marianna on reception were always on hand to help and go the extra mile. The rooms were clean and well maintained, breakfast was very good and the kitchen area was very well equipped with enough space for a few people to cook at once. The hostel has a great location and atmosphere, there is no reason to stay anywhere else

We really enjoyed our time here. The staff were helpful and friendly. Free surfboard rental was great. The breakfast was excellent too with a spectacular view. Definitely recommend this hostel.

I loved this hostel, every member of staff is friendly and out going. The view from the hostel is amazing. The hostel is very clean and looked after. If you're going to florianopolis in their winter months though bring warm clothes as it gets really cold at night. The only thing if say they need here is heater lamps on the decking for the winter nights.

AMAZING hostel! Felt more like a resort. It is right on the beach and the staff really spoil you! Probably the best hostel I've stayed at! Instead of charging you a deposit to rent equipment, they trust you to check it in/out. Breakfast is really good and fresh juice everyday! Amazing bar and delicious caipirihnas. A nice getaway. I'm definitely coming back!

Deservedly one of the best. Very helpful, friendly and funny staff who speak fluent English. Special thanks to Joana and Gabriel! Rooms so spacious, cleaned properly daily, and spaced generously apart in separate huts. Dorms well designed with sinks outside bathrooms and person power sockets for examples. It's the small things! Minus marks on security as our dormitory door would not lock, and though attempts were made this was never fully resolved

The staff is amazing! I got food poisoning before i get there and couldnt cancel my trip. They took care of me and made me feel like home on the very first day! Leaving was hard, this place has such a beautiful view and its very very worth it.

• 10th Jul 2014

Mariella (I think that's how you spell her name) is beautiful Sam

Nice hostel with own secluded beach and small hiking area with great views. Staff was friendly and assisted with any questions. Easy bus ride to Lagoa da Conceição for a more lively atmosphere/ nightlife.

Great staff but the area is some what quiet in the Brazilian winter with limited options nearby. Also there was very limited entertainment in the evenings.

• 4th Jul 2014

Best hostel I've stayed at, it's so chilled and that view bang!

• 27th Jun 2014

The best hostel I've ever stayed in. This place is more like a resort then a hostel. The staff are amazing and the views are to die for. I can't reccomend this place enough!

« first « Prev 1 2 3