Barra Beach Club Oceanfront Hostel Reviews

Servidao da Prainha, 122, Barra da Lagoa, Florianopolis, Brazil

Great vibe great people beautiful place

Definitely one of my favourite hostels in South America. The staff were so friendly and helpful. Their are many tours organised and other activities.its right on the beach and the staff were incredibly helpful to me.i came alone but it is a great place to make friends.i would definitely come back.oh and the food is amazing! 100% stay here if you are going to florionopolis.

Amazing hostel! Breakfast every morning was some of the best I've had in South America. The staff go out of their way to make sure you have everything you need and also remember your name too. The photos really don't do the view justice it's amazing! Would recommend everyone stay here! Thanks Jim and crew for an amazing stay!

Please ensure sunshine next time ;-)

Hi Fabian! I`ll work on that! Thanks for the review and hope the rest of your trip is dryer. Take care, Jim

By far the best hostel we stayed at in Brazil. Beautiful views that greet you in the morning, more than decent breakfast. The Staff (Gabriel, Nicky, Ali etc) were all tremendous, warm, helpful, passionate and very professional. Always trying to arrange and organize events to keep people entertained. Pity it rained most part of our stay. We shall return to the hostel in the near future. Thank you Barra Beach Club, for giving us a good Floripa experience.

Great hostel!! The staff is AMAZING! caipirinhas are great and the food is EVEN better!

Fantastic hostel - could not recommend highly enough.

Probably the best hostel in the world.. Make sure you allow at least a week for Florianopolis, there is plenty to do and you'll not be disappointed..

Nicholas! thanks for beautiful comment... Take care, Jim

Fantastic location, peaceful & serene, yet close enough to get to Lagoa Da Conceiicao. Staff were amazing...Nikolas, best bartender and makes the best frozen caipirinhas . Laura, fantastic chef, tastes like wholesome homemade food. Both Gabriel and Ali at reception always have a smile for you and so helpful. Nicole, tour and more importantly party planner/organiser. Jimmy, the owner, also always greets people staying at the hostel.

Excellent hostel in an unbeatable location next to the beach with a fantastic panoramic view. Decent breakdown and the dinners in the evening (R$18-20) are fantastic. Free surfing stuff to take out. It's a distance from the bus station but totally worth it. Deserves it's place as one of the best hostels in Brazil

Highly recommend this hostel. Fantastic staff (that's you Ali), fantastic place and fantastic breakfast. Get involved.

This place would have to be up there with the best hostels we have stayed at. Great atmosphere, excellent kitchen and asado, free cocktail everynight, monkeys in the trees and a beach about a 1 min walk away! Only problem there is no surf here, you need to catch the bus around to Mole, but they do have boards and heaps of other things to take at no cost - bat & balls/ soccer balls etc. A MUST STAY hostel!

Hi Adam! Thanks for your really nice review. We are happy you enjoyed your time here! About your comment that there is no surf here. Every year dozens of beaches close to surfing on the island of Florianopolis , due to a strict fishing season that starts the 15th of May till the 1st of July. Barra da lagoa is one of those beaches. Barra gets great surf for beginners and intermediate surfers. This is why we have 15 surfboards of various types for everyone to use. Thanks again and take care, Jim

We really enjoyed our stay here, the hostel is 50m from the beach with fantastic views. There are hiking trails very close by and a nice small town área just across the bridge. Finding the hostel was so easy if you follow their instructions. The facilities were fantastic, the staff awesome and the chef cooking daily meals was brilliant. I have no negatives about the Barra Beach Club, other than I wish we could have stayed longer!

Not enough characters to praise this place! Best possible location. Amazing staff. Great atmosphere. Excellent food. Comfortable rooms. I wish I could have stayed longer, and will definitely be back; You'd be mad to stay anywhere else.

Best. Hostel. Ever.

Best. Review. Ever. Thanks Daniel! Jim

The staff was really nice and helpful. Beautiful view on the beach who is just 1 min from the hostel with almost nobody there. You can borough surf, bodyboard etc. It’s a really nice place to stay.

Best hostel we've stayed in. Great location with views over the beach. Brilliant facilities. Free surf boards. Transfers to the best clubs. Free towels. Great breakfast. Ideal. Hard to leave.

The staff here are amazing. They speak fluent English and are so helpful and chilled out. The hostel is clean and facilities are good. You can't lock the doors to the rooms but the hostel seemed pretty safe and you could lock your bags in a locker so it wasn't too much of a problem. Free breakfast was incredible - always a plus!

It was great! One of the bests hostels I've been. The staff was really awesome and helped us all a lot! The accommodations were great, clean and safe. Good atmosphere, they had transfers for the clubs, so we didn't have to worry to seek for a taxi and for a really good price. I didn't have any problem at all during my vacation there. I really recommend it to everyone that asks me where I spent my vacation!

Awesome hostel a front of the sea. One of the best one we've been so far. Friendly staff, great breakfast, perfectly secure and awesome location for chill out. Don't hesitate and go there!

View all Florianopolis Hostels