Barra Beach Club Oceanfront Hostel Reviews

Servidao da Prainha, 122, Barra da Lagoa, Florianopolis, Brazil

The location is perfect, just 150m from city center and main beach and 25m from isolated quiet beach far from noisy traffic. The staff is the nicest we ever met, they all speak great English. The hostel offers free surfing equipment and other beach toys. Breakfast is basic but the hostel also offers dinner cooked by a lovely Italian chef in only 15-17 BR$ per person. We had a great 7 nights stay, any problem was quickly and well treated. Although slightly expensive it is strongly recommended!

• 27th Feb 2014
  • Israel

First of all the food was great! Vegetarian options were delicious and cheap. It was really clean considering the amount of people staying. Most of the staff were friendly. Location is great with two beaches close but the only problem is going to Lagoa Conceacio at night if you like going out.There is no taxi and bus just dont stop sometimes... This was the best place I stayed in my Brazil trip..Definitely recommend...

There's nothing much to say. It's the best hostel in the world. I keep coming back for years.

Hey! You just said it all Bro, don`t ever stop! Thanks so much, take care and see ya next year! Jim

there's no place like this, an island on an island and pretty much your own private beach. but it's far from everything else, including atms. last time the staff organized more beach tours etc for everyone and this time it was only parties. it needs more bathrooms.

Great location, great staff, great hostel!

Great hostel. Overlooks the beach with only a 2minute walk to the water. Very close to town also. Friendly staff who all spoke good English. Facilities were all top notch. Free caipirinha every night was excellent and dinners cooked at the hostel also delicious. Our room needed AC and the Wi-Fi would drop in and out at times. But these are only minor issues.

I loved this hostel. I booked for 3 days but I stayed for 3 and a half weeks. The staff were super friendly, the breakfast was delicious and the hostal bar was very fun. The free surfboard rentals were an added bonus, I couldn't have asked for anything more. I will definitely be coming back!

Lovely hostel with great staff. Lacking a little bit of atmosphere though. But it was really clean and nice

We had a great time in the hostel and would always go there again! Great staff, great food, just a great place to be!

• 21st Jan 2014

Probably the best hostel I've been to. Nice people all around, friendly staff, lots of equipments for a perfect day at the beach and an unforgettable view.

Barra beach club is a must if you are in Floripa !!!! Great location ,, great staff, pretty safe and clean as well. I would recommend this place for anyone .. Weather you like to party or you lik some quiet time you can find it here !!! Dinners are great from Laura and Jim (owner) great guy who genuinely cares about the people visiting !!! Cheers from Queens NY !!!

We spent such a good time there but 4 nights were deffinately not enough ;)You can just go there without any plans cos amazing friendly staff will provide everything what you need - transfer to the big party, different tours and ect. And of course free rental of surfboards and beach toys. Breakfast with fresh juices and fruits (included), lunch with delicious sandwich and dinner....ohh...dinners were soooooo good, thanks again to Italian chef. P.S. Special thanks, hugs, appreciation to Ale :)

O hostel é legal. Os funcionários são ótimos. Só preciso deixar uma dica: o hostel fica na Barra da Lagoa, que é na ilha, então pra quem é muito urbano eu aconselharia ficar no centro de Floripa. Já pra quem só quer curtir praia e conhecer uma galera maneira eu indico muito este hostel. Só existe uma entrada e saída da ilha que está sempre engarrafada, então para chegar ao aeroporto de ônibus pode levar 3 horas, quase perdi meu voo por causa disso, de táxi é mais rápido mas sai no mínimo R$ 80,0

BBC is located on a steep hilltop in the town of Barra da Logoa. The hostel staff although sweet kind of seemed out of it except for Maggie from Argentina who had her stuff together. Very helpful, pro active and pleasant. The premises were quite dirty. I arrived after a post 7 day shortage of water...The place was struggling to keep up with the crowds, so I may be biased. Laura the Italian cook was lovely, prepared amazing meals, although not cheap, worth your while if you need a good meal

I liked this hostel overall. The restaurant and bar were good, and the staff was very friendly. However, while I was there, they had huge problems with the water. Giving people one hour a day to shower was pretty nuts. I think the situation could have been handled better.

In special holidays, there is no water to take shower, during almost over the week it is terrible.

• 27th Dec 2013

I never write reviews but had to for this heaven on earth. Great breaky overlooking one of the pristine Floripa beaches. Staff there are incredible in particular a local guy, Ale, who told me of a local swimming spot and a trail to take to see phenomenal vistas. They help you until the last minute eg I was running late for my bus and Jim the owner walked with me into town and made sure I would not miss my bus - absolute legend ! Already planning my next trip to Barra Beach Club ! Cheers Barra

• 27th Dec 2013

Cheers to you Nathan! Awesome review. We don`t invite you to our hostel to just make money. We ALL want every client to have the best time possible on this beautiful island that we call home...Floripa!. Take care and see you soon, Jim

Brilliant location on the beach. Found manager very helpful and friendly. Good dinner options and nights out well organised

Beautiful location, the most tasty dinners at night made by their Italian chef. The beach in front of the hostel is so beautiful. Sweet people are working there. Overall, perfect place to rest and enjoy sun!

• 16th Dec 2013
  • Latvia

Of all the hostels I've stayed in Barra was one of the best. The staff is great - friendly, helpful. The layout of the property is perfect - more than enough space to hangout and meet other travelers. The bar is also a great amenity - from 7 to 7:30 they have free Caipirinhas, so it's a perfect spot to meet other travelers & start the night off right. Also the dinner they provide is unreal - amazing value & delicious. Only complaint is the hot water temp of the double room's shared bathroom.

View all Florianopolis Hostels