Barra Beach Club Oceanfront Hostel Reviews

Servidao da Prainha, 122, Barra da Lagoa, Florianopolis, Brazil

Absolutely top notch! One of the best we've stayed at in our three months. Took advantage of free surfboard and wetsuit rental every day, food at restaurant but also brilliant kitchen, beach location, nearby hiking and amazing bbq night. Can't rate it highly enough! Make sure to ask 'Ali' for his farufa (sp?) recipe!

• 23rd Nov 2014
  • Wales

Excellent value overall! Thank you to all the staff! Cockroach and big flys in the room really scared my mate but for me this was very minor realative to the experience on the whole.

We absolutely loved our stay in this hostel! The location was unbeatable, the staff super helpful and the food really good (and cheap!) Barra itself is a lovely place to spend a weekend and if you do go, I would highly suggest staying here!

• 20th Nov 2014
  • Denmark

Amazing hostel and amazing people who work there (shout out to Ollie!) beautiful location and the dorms were wonderful and comfortable.

Absolutely AMAZING hostel!! Location was perfect, staff were super helpful and facilities were great. Parties and organised events were heaps of fun too! Hostel breakfast and dinners were also top quality. Planned to stay for 2 nights but ended up extending! Best place to stay in Florianópolis!

Stayed here several times great hostel & staff.It is good to let the Italian chef Laura do the cooking or a change with a choice of reasonably priced dinners.Then time to try the many cocktails in the bar!

amazing hostel!!! the position is close to the beach and you feel like in paradise...they have pre party at the bar and then catch a bus to barra where there is nightlife...the food is ecxelent . if you are in floripa go there!!!

Great stuff, great atmosphere, great place!

I had an awesome time in Barra Beach Club! The staff is great, food is delicious and there are lots of beautiful beaches and trails nearby, everything is walking distance. I met some awesome people and plan on going back, great place!!!

• 6th Nov 2014

One of the best hostels I've personally stayed in. The staff were knowledgeable about the area and had good recommendations on what activities to do or where to go. They also go the extra mile to ensuring that their guests feel right at home. On a practical note, though the hostel is on the beach front, it was regularly maintained and cleaned. The kitchen was spotless and the showers had hot water. I felt extremely comfortable at Barra Beach Club.

Great location if you want isolated and on the beach, not so good if you want to be able to walk to places. Not sure how this is rated so highly, was good, but not the best I've been too.

Hi Jade, sounds like your expectations were too high. Were anything out of place is a disappointment. We are happy that you had a good time though. THATS the important thing! Take care, Jim

In this part of the Island there is no better place to stay - I was there for 10 days and people kept leaving the hostel or pousda they were in to come here. The free surfing kit and location is amazing (slighty worn out but that's the same if you hire) and the breakfast/lounge/bar building is a terrace with a great view of the beech, so you can check out the days surf while loading up on fruit, and cheese toasties and coffee before you hit the beech for the day. Easy bus ride to town too!

• 30th Oct 2014
  • Scotland

Great location with an amazing view. Friendly, easy going people with a chilled out vibe. Best breakfast possible with fresh juice, paninis with ham/cheese/tomato, fresh fruits and quality cereal. Free rental of surf equipment (boards+wetsuit) is a huge plus and a money saver. Free caipirinha every day drags all guests to the bar around 7pm, nice sociable event to start the evening. Downside is the bad internet connection due to the fact that it's an island. Besides, some rooms smell a bit odd

this place is amazing, by far the best hostel I've stayed in. the dinners they offer are cheap and tasty

Its so satisfying for us to hear that from someone with 49 reviews! Thanks Nathan and take care, Jim

Very nice place to stay. Thanks for all of your help.

• 21st Oct 2014

I usually do not write reviews (as you can see the number of reviews I post), but the staff and facility at this location were exceptional. I rented the single room (two twin beds) which was located above the common area and noticed that the beds were comfy and clean (cleanliness is something I hold dear). They are strict in they close this area at 11:00pm for quiet time so was able to get a good night sleep every night. The entire staff are super friendly and knowledgeable for activities.

• 14th Oct 2014

Hostel staff were amazing, particularly Ali and Nico. Genuinely lovely people who made you feel right at home. Hostel facilities were excellent. In all my travels I've never stayed at a hostel that runs a bar and kitchen to the standard that you guys do and at a very reasonable price. My boyfriend and I loved our stay at the Barra Beach Club and we were really sad to leave. We will definitely recommend to all travellers.

Lovely location over the beach and very handy that they let you borrow notebooks, surfboards etc. Free caipirinha each night too.

Great hostel with lots of free equipment to borrow (balls, surfboards etc). Private beach is also a great plus. Very friendly staff.

Nice hostel in an awesome location with friendly and helpful staff. I ended up staying a couple of extra days and if I ever go back to Floripa it is where I will stay.

1 2 3 Next » last »