Barra Beach Club Oceanfront Hostel Reviews

Servidao da Prainha, 122, Barra da Lagoa, Florianopolis, Brazil

Best hostel we've stayed in. Great location with views over the beach. Brilliant facilities. Free surf boards. Transfers to the best clubs. Free towels. Great breakfast. Ideal. Hard to leave.

The staff here are amazing. They speak fluent English and are so helpful and chilled out. The hostel is clean and facilities are good. You can't lock the doors to the rooms but the hostel seemed pretty safe and you could lock your bags in a locker so it wasn't too much of a problem. Free breakfast was incredible - always a plus!

It was great! One of the bests hostels I've been. The staff was really awesome and helped us all a lot! The accommodations were great, clean and safe. Good atmosphere, they had transfers for the clubs, so we didn't have to worry to seek for a taxi and for a really good price. I didn't have any problem at all during my vacation there. I really recommend it to everyone that asks me where I spent my vacation!

Awesome hostel a front of the sea. One of the best one we've been so far. Friendly staff, great breakfast, perfectly secure and awesome location for chill out. Don't hesitate and go there!

This is probably the best hostel we stayed in during our travels. The staff were exceptionally nice, rooms were clean and well prepared, toilet/shower facilities perfect, really good food, atmospheric bar, free surf boards, great views... Would highly recommend it to any visitors to Floripa.

The best hostel I have ever visited!! The location is perfect and the atmosphere was so amazing!!!

awesome hostel! one of the best ive ever stayed in. Super awesome staff! THE BEST breakfast ive EVER had in a hostel! The fresh juice is outstanding! amazing location and super clean and super comfy beds!

Best Hostel I've ever been in my entire life. Great staff, great time spend there. James, the owner it's amazing and very helpfull person. To my friends that I've met there just have to say : "TOUCH YOUR FACE"

• 21st Apr 2014

A fantastic sociable and clean hostel! Great facilities and organised trips and social events! Absolutely loved our stay, highly recommend!!

They should improve security! During my stay I realized there were people who were not staying at the hostel, even spent all night long there.

I've been back to this hostel 5 times now and it never disappoints. Beautiful location, wonderful staff, awesome place to meet people from all over Brazil and all over the world.

Everything about this hostel was excellent. Definitely the highlight of our trip!

• 15th Apr 2014

great hostel!! Loved it. Make sure you have plenty of cash, since it's a bit far to the closest ATM

Great hostel in an excellent location, short walk across the bridge and up the hill once you get off the blue bus. staff where great and very helpful, the hostel has a nice vibe about it with everybody really friendly and happy to have a chat! free surfboard higher which is great, boards range from beginner to shorter fiber glass boards.

One of the best hostels that I've ever stayed. Is a little bit far away to the center but you have a little private beach right in front of you. What else do you need? Gabriel, Pablo and all the staff are great! I would recommend anyone to stay here. Definitely going to back soon!

• 11th Apr 2014

Loved my stay here - great location, great atmosphere, amazing staff and their friends - met so many nice people from different age groups at this hostel - highly recommend! :)

I rented the superior double. It smelled terrible, like the toilet was leaking. The bedroom smelled VERY strongly of mothballs (could have been to drown the smell from downstairs). The downstairs lock did not work, though the manager fixed this after a few days. Some of the dormhouses were nicer. The room does have the most AMAZIING view. Staff were great, except for one staff member who seemed to think it was ok to gossip/pass bad remarks about the guests while sitting at the front desk. Woops

Hi Caroline, So sorry for the smell that you mentioned. It was due to a stray male cat that kept sneaking into the house and your room because the door didn`t lock properly. The cat is now gone and so is the smell. Sorry again. About the, speak before he thinks, staff member....this has already been resolved. Take care, Jim

1 2 3 Next » last »