Barra Beach Club Oceanfront Hostel Reviews

Servidao da Prainha, 122, Barra da Lagoa, Florianopolis, Brazil

Amazing hostel! Didn't ant to leave! Staff were extremely helpful wig everything and always went the extra mile!

had an amazing stay in this hostel! close to the beach, bus station, supermarkets and restaurants. the staff is incredibly nice and qualified and the dorm rooms are spacious and clean. also the hostel facilitates transport to some activities like boatparty, clubs and bars etc.

We wouldn't leave if we don't have to. Amazing staff, amazing Hostel. One of the best i've ever stayed in! Highly recommend it.

• 15th Dec 2014

one of the best hostels I have ever been to!!! Its not just THE perfect location with a beautiful view, a great beach and great rooms, the people here are extremely kind and dedicated and do everything to make your stay as perfect as possible. not to forget is the delicious food and caipirinhas in the bar upstairs. thank you guys for taking care of me after I wristed my ankle!!!! Besides this injury you made my stay in the hostel unforgettable! un abrazo katharina

• 14th Dec 2014

I was in a mixed dorm, so it was not possible to have a female room... There was a young boy and he tried to sleep with me, while i was laying in bed, so this is the reason of my bad review for security. He didn't rape me or anything further, but i was happy, that others have been in this room. The seine about cleanness is, that every time, when your staff was cleaning, i couldn't find my things. Once i left my bikini under my Pillow and after the cleaning it was lost and the second night

• 13th Dec 2014

The staff was amazing and the hostel itself was also very clean and organized. They rent out free surfboards, wetsuits, etc and provide a list of fun things to do every day and night.

Muy tranquilo. We loved our week here at Barra Beach and wished we could've stayed longer. Definitely the best place we've stayed, set above the beach on the hill. Everything in Barra is walking distance, Lagoa is close by bus to go out to and the hostel organises big nights out most nights. Brekky is delicious and you can buy lunch and dinner there most days. Staff are great value. Definitely recommend

Awesome hostel!! The location and views are unbeatable, for a hostel 2min walk from the beach it's super clean and not even sandy, great kitchen but an even better chef who cooks delicious, healthy meals for lunch and dinner, heaps of boards all for free use and a great breakky! The staff are super friendly and helpful- Ale and Maru especially who were always keen to take us on hikes and hang out with the guests. It's a very chilled place so be careful, you'll stay longer than planned!!

Good place in Barra de Lagoa - great views of the ocean, good breakfast, easy to meet people, and great staff. Always something to do and close to the beach.

It was really one of the best hostels during our trip and after visiting lots of hostels. The staff, the view, the bar, breakfast, the atmosphere...everything was really good! Thanks for making our stay in Florianopolis even better!!!

Really enjoyed my stay here!! Great friendly staff Fantastic location Super dinner

Easy to see why it was voted one of South America's best hostels. Good location for beach and surfing (not so much for partying), awesome breakfast, cheap and really good dinner, lots of other backpackers and free surfboard and wetsuit rentals. Tip: it's definitely worth to spend a couple reals more per night and stay in the 4 person dorm, it's cleaner (the 10 person dorm was a bit smelly) and has better showers! Highly recommended

Absolutely top notch! One of the best we've stayed at in our three months. Took advantage of free surfboard and wetsuit rental every day, food at restaurant but also brilliant kitchen, beach location, nearby hiking and amazing bbq night. Can't rate it highly enough! Make sure to ask 'Ali' for his farufa (sp?) recipe!

• 23rd Nov 2014
  • Wales

Excellent value overall! Thank you to all the staff! Cockroach and big flys in the room really scared my mate but for me this was very minor realative to the experience on the whole.

We absolutely loved our stay in this hostel! The location was unbeatable, the staff super helpful and the food really good (and cheap!) Barra itself is a lovely place to spend a weekend and if you do go, I would highly suggest staying here!

• 20th Nov 2014
  • Denmark

Amazing hostel and amazing people who work there (shout out to Ollie!) beautiful location and the dorms were wonderful and comfortable.

Absolutely AMAZING hostel!! Location was perfect, staff were super helpful and facilities were great. Parties and organised events were heaps of fun too! Hostel breakfast and dinners were also top quality. Planned to stay for 2 nights but ended up extending! Best place to stay in Florianópolis!

Stayed here several times great hostel & staff.It is good to let the Italian chef Laura do the cooking or a change with a choice of reasonably priced dinners.Then time to try the many cocktails in the bar!

amazing hostel!!! the position is close to the beach and you feel like in paradise...they have pre party at the bar and then catch a bus to barra where there is nightlife...the food is ecxelent . if you are in floripa go there!!!

Great stuff, great atmosphere, great place!

View all Florianopolis Hostels