Superb 1,537 Total Reviews
Superb 1,537 Total Reviews
Barra Guest Hostel Located at Rua Recife 234, Barra, , Salvador.
Brazil
Salvador Bahia 40140-330 Rua Recife 234, Barra
94% 1537
-13.0041709 -38.5260700
    Rooms available

• England, Male, 18-24
5th Jan 2017

A really special hostel. One of the nicest atmospheres I've experienced in South America. Opportunities to chill out or socialise and go out as you wish. Comfortable and air conditioned rooms, really lovely owners and staff and great breakfast. I highly recommend this hostel.

3rd Dec 2016
7.7

The staff (and owners in particular) are great, extremely friendly. They organised the transfer to the aeroporto very well. The TV is a disappointment with most of the channels blocked / not subscribed to. There is no free towel and there wasn't A/C in my room. There is 24 hour security which is fantastic. I didn't like the plastic sheet on the bed. Good location within 5 minutes of the beaches and bars.

Hello, Tim!! Thank you for your review. Well, the TV actually has 3 Sport channels but the game you wanted to watch was a bit unusual for us so at 10:00 am it was hard to find the transmission but as I said, you could have watched the game on line, right? The towels we charge a Deposit that is given back to you when you give back the towel. It's just a deposit. We have Air Con in all rooms, we put it on at 22:00. As you went to bed at 20:00 and didn't ask us to switch it on, we didn't and the other 3 guests didn't want the air con, only the fan - it's a democratic dorm but with a conversation you probably would win this. The plastic sheet is not a sheet. It's a matress protector that is changed when the guest leaves to be replaced by a fresh one. We don't use plastic sheets (I never saw one...). I'm glad you liked the staff, we really do our best.Thank you for choosing that movie btw, I loved it!!! Nice travels!!!

• Argentina, Male, 25-30
2nd Dec 2016

This is the best hostel I stayed in Brasil ! The owner and all the staff are amazing. Its super clean, have all the facilities you need, and its located un a safe place. Thanks for all Barra guest Hostel !

We all really enjoyed every minute with you here. We truly miss you and are hoping that you come back to join us soon. I feel so happy when someone comes as a guest and leaves as a friend. Hope you have beautiful travels and when you have time, come back to see us :=)

27th Nov 2016

Very good location, clean and safe place. The staff are very friendly and the atmosphere is very relaxed. The highlights for my were the chill out music playing in the background and the ability to rent surfing boards.

I'm really happy that you enjoyed your stay at Barra Guest Hostel. I appreciate the fact that you've noticed that we pick the songs to create a nice atmosphere. Thank you so much for staying with us!!

• Australia, Female, 18-24
18th Nov 2016

Overall quite happy. Breakfast was lovely and I appreciate the time gone into the preparation. The young gentleman at reception was amazing and could give great recommendations. I didn't feel too welcome when I arrived as I had a 4 hour flight delay and was unable to get internet access so I felt a little unwelcome, but otherwise I felt quite safe and comfortable here. Very quiet when I went. Only shared room with one other male. Showers were cold though I wish I had known if this is normal

Hello, thank you for your time to make your comment. I'm sorry for you feeling unwelcome but I really didn't understand why. The young gentleman at the recepion was amazing and could give great recommendations. Ok. Got it. The Wi-fi password is on the reception desk and at the wall too. It's the first thing our guests ask for so we keep it very visible and everyone can use even before the check in. We do state that the dorms are mixed, we don't have separeted. The shower broke indeed at the first day and was repaired at the very same day. If not you would be very welcome to have a hot shower in the other bathroom. I'm really sorry about your 4 hours flight delay but this... is not our fault, we did our best to make you feel welcome and you are.

• England, Female, 18-24
10th Nov 2016

Great atmosphere, very relaxed and amazing staff

Hi Emily, Thank you so much for staying with us and making me laugh with the English slangs. I wish you a great staying in every hostel you're going. Nice travels!!

10th Nov 2016
8.0

The group that runs this hostel are very enthusiastic which is great. Really quick to respond to things that needed attention in the hostel. It's quite a lively place with the friends of the hostel workers there often and playing music so the room downstairs can get a bit loud but a nice place to stay.

Thank you so much for your review. Hope to see you again in a near future. Then you can ask for the back bedroom, it's reaaaaally calm there, just ask whatever you need, we are here to help you ;)

• England, Female, 18-24
9th Nov 2016

Best hostel! Perfect atmosphere, amazing breakfast, brilliant staff. Thank you for a great stay in Salvador. I wish I could've stayed longer!

Oh Sarah, we miss you so much, you're taking the best out of your travel. Always wishing you the best and hoping you come back for a longer staying.

• Canada, Female, 25-30
16th Sep 2016

best hostel! great staff! so well located. really easy to meet people. stayed two weeks and could have stayed more. the owner is a sweetheart. thank you so much for everything!

Sweet sweet girl, we all wish you nice travels, hope to see you again very soon :)

• Germany, Male, 25-30
4th Sep 2016

Perfect location, very clean, very safe and the owner and the staff is also very nice!! Totally recommendable if u want to have a relaxing atmosphere!

We're waiting for you for more bbq !!