Barra Guest Hostel Reviews

Rua Recife 234, Barra, Salvador, Brazil

nice clean hostel, no party hostel, but a good place for people who want to explore the city and surroundings

great location, delicious breakfast...all in all a great hostel!

• 13th Mar 2014

Good hostel with decent breakfast and nice hammocks for relaxing. Close to the beaches and the shopping center. Staff are awesome and happily answered questions. Facilities could be improved, the kitchen is a bit old and our shower had no hot water, but that was only our room. Easily fixed.

Thank you for your feedback, I'll think how I can improve the kitchen for the guests. Nice travels!!

Good location, nice place ;)

Thank you, it's really really good to be with people with a positive view and opened to talk. Thank you for choosing us :)

Delicious breakfast, very good staff.....this will be my hostel again on my next trip to Salvador!!!

It'll be great to have you back :)

Not a very clean nor fun place to stay.

Have a lovely time :)

High standard hostel.Recommended.

Thank you very much for choosing and staying with us. It will be a pleasure to have you here again :)

Hostel was in a gd location n the staff were nice enough... However, the most uncomfortable beds I've stayed in yet! The base of the bunks under the thin foam mattresses r a sheet of hard steel. The lockers r made from the same metal- EXTREMELY loud to open n placed directly under bunk bed stairs so near impossible to access. We just left our bags out!! Whilst the beds got made and changed w each guest I Dnt think the place had actually been cleaned in years! Worst wifi yet too

Good day for you too!! The hard steel under the mattresses are to make sure they're absolutely clean. Two people giving their best to clean all your mess isn't enough? You didn't find anything positive to say, did you? Poor you... hope your mood changes or it will ruin your trip!!

Very nice stay there. Friendly staff, located close to amenities and to the beach. Rooms with A/C... Hot water... Tasty breakfast... I recommand it.

Thank you!! We are very happy to please one more traveller. Hope to see you around again:)

I really liked this hostel. The staff really could not have been any better or more welcoming.

This hostel was super friendly. I was lucky as well to be sharing with some other fun guests, we always went out and parties together in strange places and is fun things in the day. A lot was from advice from the staff and the owners of the hostel. Breakfast was diverse and plentiful and caipirinhas in the evening am were delicious. A safe place to be in Salvador which can be an intimidating place at times. Plus go to Rabba just around the corner - organic per kilo with loads of salad!

I absolutely loved this hostel! Such a homely chilled out vibe. I stayed in a private room and it was lovely. Very quaint place. Staff are super friendly and the breakfast is pretty impressive

Thank you, I loved your description of the hostel "Such a homely chilled out vibe" you've translated in few words exactly what we are so the other travellers can have an idea of how the hostel is. Nice travels!!!

This is a great hostel. The staff (especially Natasha) are excellent. Breakfast was excellent. A free caipirinha each night was great. I liked the people staying there. Barra is nice and feels safe walking around. WiFi is good. I'd definitely stay here again.

Thank you!! We are happy to know that you've enjoyed your moment with us :)

Barra Guest Hostel is really very nice to stay! The people who work there are very friendly and helpful and it´s really a cool atmosphere. It´s very realaxed and chilled out. It´s not far to the beach and to the historic centre of Pelourinho is only a short bus ride. The breakfast is amazing with lots of delicious food and really huge varity of all yummy tastes of Bahia. If I return to Salvador I´ll definately stay at Barra Guest Hostel again and therefore I can highly recommend it to others!!!!

Thank you very much, it was a pleasure to have you here during Xmas and New Eve's. Barra Guest Hostel began 2014 with such nice guests!!! We're all very happy that you could see and recognize the effort we make to show not only the what to do and where to go but part of the local flavours. We do hope you come back!!! Nice travels!!! :)

nice place and staff...

Thank you !! It was great to have you here with us, hope you come back very soon :)

Best hostel visited so far. Good location wonderful staff, excellent breakfeast , spacious, clean and confortable rooms, free caipi. Would highly recommand it and come back with great pleasure

It'll be a pleasure to have you back!!! Everyone enjoyed your companion and it was quite interesting to know more about your country. Thank you so much for choosing us.

Great hostel

The staff here were excellent - very keen to help, extremely friendly and they even found me companions for the taxi ride to the airport (saving me some pennies). The breakfast was delicious (one of the best I've had in my 7 months of travel). It was a short walk to the beach and very close to a very nice shopping mall (for those that like shopping). It was also not too far to find a bus to take you to the historic centre. It also seemed very easy to meet other travellers.

Hello, thank you for taking your time to write a review and describe the hostel with your perspective. Hope you continue to enjoy your travel :)

all very good, very happy about the hostel and the place

• 31st Oct 2013

You know we all felt happier whenever you arrived at the hostel, we like you very much and you're very wellcome. Please come back to visit us when you can :)