Barra Guest Hostel Reviews

Rua Recife 234, Barra, Salvador, Brazil

The hostel was a huge disappointment. The location was near nothing, there was absolutely no atmosphere at all and at times it felt like an open plan prison with the barbed wire and the incessant amount of rules! You wasn't allowed to fill up your water bottles, wasn't allowed in the kitchen past 10, wasn't allowed in the gardens past 10 and had to pay for almost everything e.g. 10br for a towel that smelt damp and dirty. Many of us who paid to stay cut our visit short to move to a better hostel

One of the best hostels we ever stayed in! cleaning lady every day, good breakfast, good location. Staff is great except that it would be helpful if every staff member speaks portuguese. If you book the day trip to Praia do Forte, make sure they do not book with cassi Tours anymore, be because in our case they did not Show up at all and we still dont know the reason.

The best hostel I've ever been, in fact the breakfast and hosts are a blust...Surely I'll be there in another next trip to Salvador. Thanks

• 11th Apr 2015

Thank you, it was a pleasure to have you here, talking to us and being so friendly to all of us, so polite and understanding, making friends with other guests, you're very wellcome here and we do hope you come back. Thanks and... see you soon!!!! :)

This was a great hostel. Located right down near the coast line, made for some great walks and sights. The staff were amazing, fluent in English and had a great attitude. It's not in the old part of town, so you need to get a bus (about 15-20mins) but they are frequent and cheap. The same for the airport (but its about 45mins-1hrs) and leaves from the front of the shopping centre.

Thanx again for the very welcoming atmosphere (esp. Samaya!!!). We had a great time staying there and if you're into surfing: they got 2 boards to use! Recommend it!!!

Great location in a safe area near beach, restaurants, shopping mall - seemed safe even at night. Very clean. Staff very friendly. Not a party hostel but small so easy to meet people (the free daily caprahina helps).

I just loved that place! Its super clean, the breakfast was huge and delicious and there is a lot of space zo hang around! Its not a party hostel but thats what I liked as well a lot!

Best hostel I´ve ever stayed in my life!

Thank you, you're a very easy going person making our job more pleasant. We'll love to see you again.

The staff went the extra distance in assistance

Thank you, we have a "rewarding feeling" when people recognize our effort to make sure everyone is happy.

Great staff! Great breakfast! Free capirinha every day, what can you ask more?

Thank you guys, it was really nice to have you with us.

Everything about the hostel was good- clean rooms, good common area, great! breakfast! - unfortunately there are A LOT of mosquitos in the common area and all around really since there are so many open air places (good and bad). Unfortunately while I was there there was a big problem with black mold in the AC unit and it made me sick for more than a week after I left, I wound up switching rooms and then leaving the hostel earlier than expected bc of the mold. Too bad, as it's a great hostel.

Wifi did not work well. Jan was helpful but some of the other staff were not at all. There was a really nice courtyard and the rooms were nice. Breakfast was good.

The location was the best for Carnaval but overpriced overall. The wifi was poor but if you asked the right staffer you got access to another account that worked better. The staff overall was not the most friendly and sometimes I felt uncomfortable asking for information or making requests. I had trouble with my ATM to settle the balance and needed a phone to call collect to my bank in the US, but the staff said Barra's phone didn't call out, so I had to borrow another guest's phone.

Well, well, well, what to say? The staff went beyond to make sure you were all right. It's not our fault if you didn't advice your bank manager that you were travelling abroad and didn't bring any credit card, only debit card. It's not our fault that you felt miserable all the time - we tried to cheer you up but you hided in your shell. You didn't pay when you arrived and we were quite understanding. The phone is for collect call or you have to pay to call abroad. It's normal in all hostels.

One of the best hostel I've staid so far, very clean, nice breakfast, quite atmosphere, definitely not a party hostel but was good to have a break during carnaval. WiFi was not working very well and the receptionists were very helpful but not very smaily, brasilian staff was very nice instead. highly recommended! !!

Thank you for your review. The wi-fi was fixed by the company but we are thinking of changing the provider. I'm glad you've enjoyed your stay.

Very good hostel which is clean, very good located with friendly staff and an awesome breakfast

• 21st Jan 2015

We feel very glad and grateful to know you enjoyed our little hostel. Thank you!

Great hostel to stay in, highly recommend it. Walking distance to the beach, local bars and restaurants. Short bus trip up to Pelourinho. Staff are very helpful and can tell you anything you need to know. Would definitely come back!

Thank you, it's really important your feedback for us as we really care about your staying. Nice travels and when you can, come back to Barra Guest Hostel,you're very wellcome

loved the atmosphere in the hostel, very nice, polite and helpful staff, AMAZING breakfast, and excellent location, only 10-15 minutes walk to the beach and the lighthouse, buses going to Pelourinho only down the road. Definitely gonna come back :)

It will be great to have you back. Your comment made us feel helpfull and glad to to fullfill your expectations. Yes!! Come back, it will be great. Thank you for staying with us!

The Hostel is very nice and very clean, one of the cleanest hostels I ever been. They have free caipirinhas at night so you can meet everyone staying in the hostel over a drink. The staff is helpful and very nice. I would go back any time :)

• 7th Jan 2015
  • Romania

Thank you, you're feedback is very important for us. Yes, we keep the hostel as clean as possible to make everyone feels like "no worries here", it's all well kept and clean. You're very wellcome to come back, please do :)

The front desks guys gave great suggestions and tips about things to do around the city, great location, highly recommended hostel

Excellent hostel and location! Made some great friends here