Barra Guest Hostel Reviews

Rua Recife 234, Barra, Salvador, Brazil

Awesome people and staff, very nice location on quiet street. great value stay with good wifi and air-conditioning. definitely recommend this hostel

My stay here was just okay. The advice from staff on how to get around, specifics of the city, etc were not that great and seemed to contradict what I've been hearing from my friends who live locally. Because I was traveling alone, safety was really important to me, and I had a hard time trusting the advice of people who have only been living in Bahia for a month. Orher than that, everyone was friendly and I had no major complaints.

Very nice, very helpful staff. Great breakfast, located in very nice area, easy to get to/from bus station/airport. Excellent value.

The people who work is very nice and friendly, the location is very easy you can get to everywhere around very easily.

• 4th Jun 2015

I had a great time at this hostel. The location is great and it doesn't feel like you're in gringoland at all. I met some really cool people here and loved how open and warm the receptionists were.

• 2nd Jun 2015
  • Jamaica

When I arrived at the well-located BGH, I felt very welcomed by the staff and also secure because of the cameras around the house. The rooms are comfortable and were cleaned everyday like the rest of the hostel. I really enjoyed the huge fresh breakfast buffet and of course the free Caipirinha in the evening which brought everyone together. On top it is possible to rent a towel for a deposit (which you get back when you give the towel back). Thank you so much!! I will definitely come back!

• 26th May 2015

The landlady is so attentive. She allowed us to leave our bagage in hostel and use the room after check out. The breakfast was good.

• 22nd May 2015

Amazing hostel! Excellent location, walking distance to the beach to enjoy the sunset. Rigth between Rio Vermelho for nightlife and Pelourinho for sightseen. Also you get an all-you-can-eat breakfast (coffee, fruits, sausages, cakes, etc) to start up the day and a Caipirinha to start up the night... and its every day! For Free!! The staff is also great and willing to help at all times! Defintely a place to go back!

• 10th May 2015
  • Colombia

The hostel was a huge disappointment. The location was near nothing, there was absolutely no atmosphere at all and at times it felt like an open plan prison with the barbed wire and the incessant amount of rules! You wasn't allowed to fill up your water bottles, wasn't allowed in the kitchen past 10, wasn't allowed in the gardens past 10 and had to pay for almost everything e.g. 10br for a towel that smelt damp and dirty. Many of us who paid to stay cut our visit short to move to a better hostel

One of the best hostels we ever stayed in! cleaning lady every day, good breakfast, good location. Staff is great except that it would be helpful if every staff member speaks portuguese. If you book the day trip to Praia do Forte, make sure they do not book with cassi Tours anymore, be because in our case they did not Show up at all and we still dont know the reason.

The best hostel I've ever been, in fact the breakfast and hosts are a blust...Surely I'll be there in another next trip to Salvador. Thanks

• 11th Apr 2015

Thank you, it was a pleasure to have you here, talking to us and being so friendly to all of us, so polite and understanding, making friends with other guests, you're very wellcome here and we do hope you come back. Thanks and... see you soon!!!! :)

This was a great hostel. Located right down near the coast line, made for some great walks and sights. The staff were amazing, fluent in English and had a great attitude. It's not in the old part of town, so you need to get a bus (about 15-20mins) but they are frequent and cheap. The same for the airport (but its about 45mins-1hrs) and leaves from the front of the shopping centre.

Thanx again for the very welcoming atmosphere (esp. Samaya!!!). We had a great time staying there and if you're into surfing: they got 2 boards to use! Recommend it!!!

Great location in a safe area near beach, restaurants, shopping mall - seemed safe even at night. Very clean. Staff very friendly. Not a party hostel but small so easy to meet people (the free daily caprahina helps).

I just loved that place! Its super clean, the breakfast was huge and delicious and there is a lot of space zo hang around! Its not a party hostel but thats what I liked as well a lot!

Best hostel I´ve ever stayed in my life!

Thank you, you're a very easy going person making our job more pleasant. We'll love to see you again.

The staff went the extra distance in assistance

Thank you, we have a "rewarding feeling" when people recognize our effort to make sure everyone is happy.

Great staff! Great breakfast! Free capirinha every day, what can you ask more?

Thank you guys, it was really nice to have you with us.

Everything about the hostel was good- clean rooms, good common area, great! breakfast! - unfortunately there are A LOT of mosquitos in the common area and all around really since there are so many open air places (good and bad). Unfortunately while I was there there was a big problem with black mold in the AC unit and it made me sick for more than a week after I left, I wound up switching rooms and then leaving the hostel earlier than expected bc of the mold. Too bad, as it's a great hostel.

Wifi did not work well. Jan was helpful but some of the other staff were not at all. There was a really nice courtyard and the rooms were nice. Breakfast was good.