Barra Guest Hostel Reviews

Rua Recife 234, Barra, Salvador, Brazil

Nice hostel with modern facilities in the Barra area. Not directly in the City Center, you need to take a bus to get there - BUT it's close to some great beaches and the neighborhood is safe even at night, which means a lot in Brazil. Cleanliness is exemplary, and staff has always some recommendations about things to do.

I couldn't ask for more from a hostel. Wonderful space, people, staff, breakfast, caiparinhas and location. I wish I had stayed there for more of my trip.

Good breakfast. I found one member of staff I spoke to there quite helpful. A guy called Jan. Close to things like the beach, banks, supermarket, bus stop, restaurants etc.

Great hostel to stay. It is very calm and the atmosphere is the best. By the way, the breakfeast is fantastic.

Small, intimate hostel. Very nice and varied breakfast in the morning. A bit far from the pelourinho but i preferred that. Close to a couple of restaurants and to the shopping mall. Mattress was a bit uncomfortable butalbital the rooms were good with air con and a fan.good value for money and nice staff.

The staff were excellent and very helpful. They also do a fantasic breakfast.. I would recoomend this hostel time and time again. It is also a great place to chill and meet nice people without being a party hostel.

It's been the second time i stayed at Barra Guest Hostel. Coming back feels like coming back home. Last year i got sick during my stay and they were really taking care of me. The staff is very helpful and very hearty. Rooms and facilities are very spacious and the breakfast is delicious. I'll definitely come back :)

Everything was just great. WiFi was ok but many times it went down for long times. Was very clean but some ants in the kitchen where breakfast was served. Nevertheless, breakfast was good and more diverse than most of not all other hostels. Staff is great! I remember only louik's name, but others were great too. So patient and helpful! The hostel feels like a little hotel with dorms. Everything was good really, and location is good - nea everything you need. Too bad not many people were in it.

I loved the place. Especially the staff is great - very helpful. The rooms are big enough and the breakfast was delicious. One of the best hostels I stayed at. Thank you!

This hostel is awesome! The rooms are clean and nice! The staff is awesome! And it's just so close to the beach porto de barra where you're very likely to spend most of the time.

A very nice hostel with a friendly relaxed atmosphere. Awesome breakfast, the rooms are clean and the staff is very helpful. Fast WiFi! They have a cooking-friendly kitchen if you like to cook something. The beach, Farol da Barra and the Barra Shopping Center are just a few minutes away by feet. Supermarkets are near, also a few bars. It was easy to get to Pelourinho or Rio Vermelho by bus. I would always decide to go there again. Thumbs up!

Barra Guest Hostel was as awesome as its description and previous reviews indicated:) Excellent location, very nice and extremely helpful staff, very clean and...oh man, it was worth paying that money just for breakfast! :D I got exactly what I expected here (a calm atmosphere and great service), so I highly recommend this place. Thank you guys for everything!!!

Thank YOU for choosing us. It's so cool to know that our effort to please and help the customers was reached. It was a great pleasure to have you here :)

Staff is AWESOME and they really make the hostel work!!! To summarize, it was the BEST staff I have seen so far!! There were only two things I didn´t like: lots of mosquitoes and no keys on rooms doors, so everybody could get into your room... I just loved the free rounds of caipirinhas. They were delicious :)

Staff is super friendly. Breakfast is very basic, it did not always look fresh. The bathroom had a strange smell and the hot shower was absolutely not pressurized! Also the matress was quite uncomfortable. The price was cheap so I guess thats what you get for it.

• 26th Aug 2014

Everything was amazing! I have been to multiple hostels in Brazil and this was by far the best one yet. Clean, calm, INCREDIBLE breakfast, extremely friendly and informative staff, and a FREE caipirinha daily. Kitchen was large and fully stocked. Living room with big TV. Hammocks and couches in outside patio. Great location near grocery stores, bus stop, banks, shopping mall, beaches and the lighthouse. This is a home away from home. I wish I could say the same about my current hostel.

We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay at Barra Guest Hostel!!!! All the team give their best to make sure that the guests are safe, having a good time. Thank you so much for staying with us!!

Barra guest hostel was one of the best Hostels in Brazil i stayed. Nice Crew, good location and a friendly Atmosphere. Everytime i wil go back to Salvador i will visit you barra guest hostel!! Thanks for the nice Trip!

• 29th Jul 2014

Oh, Please DO!! Whenever you come back to Salvador you will find a home away from home. So... See you :)

I have had the pleasure of staying at this hostel 4 times now. Staff is cordial and very knowledgeable about Salvador. Location is great, restaurants and shops very conveniently around the area.

• 21st Jul 2014

Hello, We're waiting for your visit in a very near future, we've got used to see you around, really hope you come back. It's always a pleasure to have you with us

Great hostel in Barra, not far from the beach with excellent staff. Everything was perfect. Breakfast was good. Near to the bus stop to go Praca De Se and close to banks and supermarkets.

nice staff!room very small. ONLY ONE remote for airconditioning to get and bring back right away.... highly overpriced compared to offerings. 3 free beer everyday for each person not mentionable,worth around 1,5$.

• 3rd Jul 2014

Great location if wanting to be in bahia area. Staff were helpful and had plenty of suggestions. Nice relaxed atmosphere, nice breakfast and well equipped kitchen. Not a huge hostel but really friendly. We travelled during world cup so it was not cheap but we were happy with the value for our money. Our private double was nice with a great little ensuite. Good wifi. No complaints to speak of. Great little hostel.