Barra Guest Hostel Reviews

Rua Recife 234, Barra, Salvador, Brazil

The location was the best for Carnaval but overpriced overall. The wifi was poor but if you asked the right staffer you got access to another account that worked better. The staff overall was not the most friendly and sometimes I felt uncomfortable asking for information or making requests. I had trouble with my ATM to settle the balance and needed a phone to call collect to my bank in the US, but the staff said Barra's phone didn't call out, so I had to borrow another guest's phone.

Well, well, well, what to say? The staff went beyond to make sure you were all right. It's not our fault if you didn't advice your bank manager that you were travelling abroad and didn't bring any credit card, only debit card. It's not our fault that you felt miserable all the time - we tried to cheer you up but you hided in your shell. You didn't pay when you arrived and we were quite understanding. The phone is for collect call or you have to pay to call abroad. It's normal in all hostels.

One of the best hostel I've staid so far, very clean, nice breakfast, quite atmosphere, definitely not a party hostel but was good to have a break during carnaval. WiFi was not working very well and the receptionists were very helpful but not very smaily, brasilian staff was very nice instead. highly recommended! !!

Thank you for your review. The wi-fi was fixed by the company but we are thinking of changing the provider. I'm glad you've enjoyed your stay.

1 2 Next » last »