Barra Guest Hostel Reviews

Rua Recife 234, Barra, Salvador, Brazil

These guys were fantastic. We had a million questions and they answered them all! Thank you so much for all of your advice and support. We also had a small problem with our locker which Roland sorted for us promptly! Would recommend this place! Nice outdoor area too! Loved chilling in the hammocks with our caipirinhas :) breakfast was good too with fresh bread :)

The staff here are very friendly and helpful! There is a 30 minute free caiparinha time each night which is nice and a good way to meet people in the common area! The buffet breakfast is amazing! My only negative would be that I think the rooms are a little overpriced for what they actually are.

• 19th May 2014

I was surprised about the welcoming email. It was also necessary, since you don't see that it is a hostel. its a very nice, quiet and good organized hostel, they have two surfboards for free, free caiporeira classes in the neighbourhood, good Brazilian breakfast, clean rooms, with light and looker. for me the metal beds are fine, since I like hard beds, the only thing is, if you want to party in the Pelourinho, to come back you need to get a taxi. they have lunch meal for 14 Reais, although I never tasted it, since you have to tell them till 11 o'clock.

We spend 7 nights at the Barra Guest Hostel and really enjoyed our time. The beds are comfy and the breakfast is one of the best we had during our time in South America (cheese, ham, tortilla, home-made cakes, fruits, juice, coffee,...). We loved to end a beach-day (only 10-15 minutes walk) with a free caipirinha in the hammock or just sitting next to the reception and have funny talks with the girls! Good time!

• 7th May 2014