Barra Guest Hostel Reviews

Rua Recife 234, Barra, Salvador, Brazil

One of the best hostels I've ever been to. The city is quite unsafe, which makes this hostel a diamond in a world of inequalities, waste and destruction.

• 7th Oct 2013

Thank you, we really enjoyed chatting with a philosopher that surprinsingly had the same view as us about lots of things. I am really flattered with your review as I know you travel a lot for congress and stuff around Europe and then you landed here and...loved it!!!! Best Regards to your family that we don't know but they have a house here now when you decide to come back. All the best for you always and thank you for choosing us.

the hostel has a very good atmosphere. keyko the owner loves what she is doing. she helped us with everything and enjoys to get to know the people sleeping in her hostel. most of the staff is very friendly and helpful - some are still in training. we slept in a 4bed room, beds were ok bathroom was clean. breakfast is great! and also the lounge is very relaxing. I would go there again!

I'm very happy that you stayed long enough to get to know me and the passion I have for my work. Thank you for understanding that we have staff still in training and to be so nice to everyone: I mean everyone: staff and other travellers - not surprised you've made so many friends. I do hope you come back again :)

Great hostel! The location is perfect and the breakfast was typical of Bahia which I really liked... they would even make you eggs in the morning too! Would definitely stay here again, Barra is the best place to stay in all of Salvador by far. The free caipirinha was also a plus

Thank you !! It was absolutely great to have you around, it's always nice to be surrounded by cool people so the atmosphere is always great and everything goes smooth and all of us enjoy more and more doing what we really have passion: to help travellers to get the best of Salvador. Good people always inspires me to cook different and creative stuff every morning with pleasure. Thank you for being here and we hope you come back in a near future :)

The hostel is pretty typical for the category of hosting. The environments are organized and very presentable, offering a comfortable and welcoming atmosphere. The negative points I would highlight are the small carpets of the bathrooms that don't absorb the water spilled from the shower, leaving the floor all wet; and the poor quality of the beds, that much like the cabinets, can be quite noisy,

• 9th Sep 2013

Oh,really? Haven't you noticed that I have use a big S to make sure that everyone could see it IS a HoStel If you close the shower doors the water won't split, it's that simple!Besides you could havemoppet it yourself.You've paid R$34 and wanted a service of a private room,kind of person who pays for a tourist seat in a flight and wants a first class service, get real, save money and go to a HOTEL next time, you're not wellcome here-it's for real backpackers

Great hostel, very helpful staff and owner! Helped me out when I was in need. Salvador is generally not the safest place on earth, but at least this hostel is pretty safe. Fully recommended!

We're very happy to know that we've reached our aim - that's what we are here for,not only to provide only fun or entertainment but above all, to help the guests when needed. Danke!!

Great hostel: good location, wi-fi, awesome breakfast, big lockers in the dorms, and amazing staff!

Thank you!! We're very flattered with a comment like this coming from such a nice young lady !

Barra Guest was such a great hostel - I'm so pleased I chose beach location over City centre. The staff are so helpful and informative and went out of their way to make a very indecisive traveller, decisive! 7pm free capis always a bonus! Breakfast is amazing so much choice and plentiful! It's easy to get the airport bus and rodovaria bus - which the staff can direct you to. Barra is a great place to stay, very chilled and safe with plenty of restaurants, bars and shops.

• 20th Aug 2013

Hello, hello young lady, it was lovely to have you here and discuss about your next destination, I hope you've enjoyed though. Brazil is huge, Bahia is huge, a good reason for you to come back ;)

Very helpful, nice and easy going staff, wonderful breakfast (home made cakes every morning!) and very good position to take busses nd go out at night. Nice hostel to discover Salvador!

Thank you guys !! It was a pleasure to have you all here. I was so sorry when I heard you were robbed at Pelourinho :( anyway, great to know you enjoyed your staying and the fresh home cakes !!

BHG is one of my favourite hostels of all time! We started our journeys here, and after 7 months, our return was like coming back home. It was fantastic to be reunited with the BGH family, and enjoy and excellent breakfast, staff service and chilled out atmosphere. We can't wait to go back to the best hostel in Salvador!

You guys have no idea of how great I felt when I saw you walking back home. Yes, home! I remember exactly the first time you were here before carnival and now after your long trip. I'm very happy to know you enjoyed staying here as much as we enjoyed having you guys here, specially before you flew home where all your family and friends were waiting for you. Well, you've got friends here and a place you can call home :) Barra Guest Hostel is definatelly your place in Salvador!!!

Wonderful staff that was happy to help. Near the beach, and they'll let you borrow things like beach chairs and umbrellas! Breakfast was my favorite in all of Brazil! The owner personally makes different things everyday like crepes and eggs. Highly recommended.

Thank you guys, I have to say that it was really really nice to have you here as guests, that's what inspires me to create new things and keep on thinking on new stuff to offer to great people who will pass by my small hostel. Thank you for choosing us.

Fantastic place, really made my stay in Salvador memorable in a positive way. The staff are really friendly, can't do enough to help you and optiise your stay. Thank you for the smailes, the chats, the caipirinhas and the amazing banana and chocolate pancakes! Hope to go back one day :)

All the good vibe you gave us came back to you, it's a real pleasure to cook for someone like you - always wellcome at anytime. As I said at the gate: See you soon :)

It is a very nice hostel! Staff was super friendly and made our stay even better.Very good located near the beach and a supermarket right around the corner. Breakfast was absolutely the best! fresh fruit, cakes, cereals and on demand made pancakes, eggs, etc was the best we had! The free caipirinha every night was really nice and a great opportunity to meet new people. The only downside was that the beds weren't the most comfortable, but the whole positive experience compensated well for that!

Thank you very much for your comment. We're trying to improve more and more and change the mattresses as soon as we can. We're happy you've enjoyed your stay here as much as we've enjoyed having you here. Nice travels!!

This hostel is clean, hospitable and spacious. The staff are incredibly friendly and the breakfasts are big. If you're looking for a hostel in Salvador that is near the beaches, I highly recommend this hostel!

Thank you!! We really give our best to please every guest and we're glad that you enjoyed the hostel - we do hope we'll see you again in a near future. All the best

Keyko makes a fantastic breakfast - ask her about her crepes! Location in Barra is quite far from the airport (approx 100 Reais cab ride if you choose this option), although once you are in Barra, the proximity to beach, lighthouse, local bars is great. Overall a good experience. Laid back vibe, good people.

Thank you for your review. It's not Barra that is quite far from the airport. The airport is far from Barra and most all the good neighbourhoods. In the website it's clear that the price of a taxi is R$ 90,00 (and not R$ 100) but your mum wanted one in the middle of the night for R$ 60,00.What I don't get is why you booked a room for you, your brother and your mom -above the guests' average age in a six bed dorm breaking the atmosphere for everyone. A private room would cost only R$30 more

I really felt at home at Barra Guest Hostel. The staff and the owner were excellent at suggesting interesting activities to do. You could borrow surfboards, deck chairs and parasols to take down to the beach (which is only a 10 minutes walk away). The hostel was clean, spacious and secure. The breakfast was the best breakfast I´ve ever had whilst travelling. Every night you received a delicious (and free) caipirinha I would definitely stay there again. Thanks again for the pleasant stay.

You know, when you left the Hostel I really missed you already. I wished that every guest was nice, kind, polite and above everything, respectful. Not all the travellers are like you so I guess that everywhere you go you'll be very wellcome. Good people attracts good people and good things. I wish you all the best and hope to see you in a near future

We can easily recommend this hostel for everyone, who's travelling around Salvador. The owner (and boyfriend) are very good, helpful and funny people, and everyone who comes there will feel their open-minded mentality. The breakfast has everything you wish (and more), and the owner Keyko always tries to make some traditional food from Bahia. Every evening was very cosy, and you can relax both inside and outside in chill out areas. Everyone will love it - we promise! Thx for a great stay, L & S

You're more than wellcome, you're expecteded to come back, I really wish you make it to come back in a near future - I've learnt a new dish and I'd love to cook it for you, very typical, you'd certainly enjoy it. Hope you're having fun and what I said the day you were leaving to watch the football game at the bar around the corner I meant it !!!!

Great hostel! Keko took great care of us and everyone was extremely helpful and kind. The atmosphere is very friendly and travelers of all types feel comfortable there. The breakfast is wonderful and Keko will make you an egg as well as some delicious Brazilian cake as well. They have lots of suggestions for things to do each day and make planning your time in Salvador easy. The hostel is safe, near plenty of bars, but in a safe area. Everything is cleaned and beds are made daily :) Five stars

Thank you so much, so nice to have you guys around and chatting about what how your day was. It was really a pleasure to see your smile every day. Hope to see you very soon

Really warm and friendly hostel with a great breakfast option and helpful staff

We are very happy to know you've enjoyed your staying. Thank you very much for choosing us!

It may sound very common but this place is the one you'll choose to chill out! Great atmosphere thanks to the wonderful staff! Plus INCREDIBLE breakfast !! We felt like home, honestly! They will provide you with the info you need! We are going there very soon! See you soon everybody! Noémie and Rachid

Hey, guys, we've got very excited to know you're coming back!!! Can't wait!! All the guests also talked very nice things about you guys and we wished you stayed longer. I'm already thinking about what I'll make for you for breakfast to surprise you See you soon :)

I loved this hostel. I especially loved the staff- they were so kind, so welcoming, and so helpful. When I got sick, the workers were helpful in recommending things I should take/eat/drink. That was really nice of them. The rooms were good, although I wish mine had a working fan or better AC. But other than that, everything was in tip top shape and a comfortable stay

Thank you very much for staying with us. I'm deeply sorry we didn't fullfill your expectations though. The fan broke and near the "Festas Juninas" in Bahia is really hard to find someone to fix it and the air con can be put at the max as we have maintenance but not everyone wants 18º, the reason why it was set on 23 or 24. We're working hard to make our guests happy and I hope next time you can really really feel it. Take care