Barra Guest Hostel Reviews

Rua Recife 234, Barra, Salvador, Brazil

I really liked this hostel. The staff really could not have been any better or more welcoming.

This hostel was super friendly. I was lucky as well to be sharing with some other fun guests, we always went out and parties together in strange places and is fun things in the day. A lot was from advice from the staff and the owners of the hostel. Breakfast was diverse and plentiful and caipirinhas in the evening am were delicious. A safe place to be in Salvador which can be an intimidating place at times. Plus go to Rabba just around the corner - organic per kilo with loads of salad!

I absolutely loved this hostel! Such a homely chilled out vibe. I stayed in a private room and it was lovely. Very quaint place. Staff are super friendly and the breakfast is pretty impressive

Thank you, I loved your description of the hostel "Such a homely chilled out vibe" you've translated in few words exactly what we are so the other travellers can have an idea of how the hostel is. Nice travels!!!

This is a great hostel. The staff (especially Natasha) are excellent. Breakfast was excellent. A free caipirinha each night was great. I liked the people staying there. Barra is nice and feels safe walking around. WiFi is good. I'd definitely stay here again.

Thank you!! We are happy to know that you've enjoyed your moment with us :)

Barra Guest Hostel is really very nice to stay! The people who work there are very friendly and helpful and it´s really a cool atmosphere. It´s very realaxed and chilled out. It´s not far to the beach and to the historic centre of Pelourinho is only a short bus ride. The breakfast is amazing with lots of delicious food and really huge varity of all yummy tastes of Bahia. If I return to Salvador I´ll definately stay at Barra Guest Hostel again and therefore I can highly recommend it to others!!!!

Thank you very much, it was a pleasure to have you here during Xmas and New Eve's. Barra Guest Hostel began 2014 with such nice guests!!! We're all very happy that you could see and recognize the effort we make to show not only the what to do and where to go but part of the local flavours. We do hope you come back!!! Nice travels!!! :)

nice place and staff...

Thank you !! It was great to have you here with us, hope you come back very soon :)

Best hostel visited so far. Good location wonderful staff, excellent breakfeast , spacious, clean and confortable rooms, free caipi. Would highly recommand it and come back with great pleasure

It'll be a pleasure to have you back!!! Everyone enjoyed your companion and it was quite interesting to know more about your country. Thank you so much for choosing us.

Great hostel

The staff here were excellent - very keen to help, extremely friendly and they even found me companions for the taxi ride to the airport (saving me some pennies). The breakfast was delicious (one of the best I've had in my 7 months of travel). It was a short walk to the beach and very close to a very nice shopping mall (for those that like shopping). It was also not too far to find a bus to take you to the historic centre. It also seemed very easy to meet other travellers.

Hello, thank you for taking your time to write a review and describe the hostel with your perspective. Hope you continue to enjoy your travel :)

all very good, very happy about the hostel and the place

• 31st Oct 2013

You know we all felt happier whenever you arrived at the hostel, we like you very much and you're very wellcome. Please come back to visit us when you can :)

It´s my second time in Barraguest Hostel and i enjoyed it. Keyko and Natcha are very kindly and helpful. Barraguest is very well located, it's near the beach and also has a shopping center next to the hostel. The breakfast is awesome. Rooms are clean, internet is ok. Resuming ... it's a very good hostel. I'd recommend it !!! Eric

Thank you a lot, we hope you come back for the 3rd, 4th, 5th, any and everytime you want, you're very wellcome. I agree with you GVT is not the best anymore, I might change the internet provider as they sell more than they can handle and we had those days that it dropped or was slow. Good point!!! I listened carefully about how you travelled and you gave me some good ideas. Thank you for staying with us :)

One of the best hostels I've ever been to. The city is quite unsafe, which makes this hostel a diamond in a world of inequalities, waste and destruction.

• 7th Oct 2013

Thank you, we really enjoyed chatting with a philosopher that surprinsingly had the same view as us about lots of things. I am really flattered with your review as I know you travel a lot for congress and stuff around Europe and then you landed here and...loved it!!!! Best Regards to your family that we don't know but they have a house here now when you decide to come back. All the best for you always and thank you for choosing us.

the hostel has a very good atmosphere. keyko the owner loves what she is doing. she helped us with everything and enjoys to get to know the people sleeping in her hostel. most of the staff is very friendly and helpful - some are still in training. we slept in a 4bed room, beds were ok bathroom was clean. breakfast is great! and also the lounge is very relaxing. I would go there again!

I'm very happy that you stayed long enough to get to know me and the passion I have for my work. Thank you for understanding that we have staff still in training and to be so nice to everyone: I mean everyone: staff and other travellers - not surprised you've made so many friends. I do hope you come back again :)

Great hostel! The location is perfect and the breakfast was typical of Bahia which I really liked... they would even make you eggs in the morning too! Would definitely stay here again, Barra is the best place to stay in all of Salvador by far. The free caipirinha was also a plus

Thank you !! It was absolutely great to have you around, it's always nice to be surrounded by cool people so the atmosphere is always great and everything goes smooth and all of us enjoy more and more doing what we really have passion: to help travellers to get the best of Salvador. Good people always inspires me to cook different and creative stuff every morning with pleasure. Thank you for being here and we hope you come back in a near future :)

The hostel is pretty typical for the category of hosting. The environments are organized and very presentable, offering a comfortable and welcoming atmosphere. The negative points I would highlight are the small carpets of the bathrooms that don't absorb the water spilled from the shower, leaving the floor all wet; and the poor quality of the beds, that much like the cabinets, can be quite noisy,

• 9th Sep 2013

Oh,really? Haven't you noticed that I have use a big S to make sure that everyone could see it IS a HoStel If you close the shower doors the water won't split, it's that simple!Besides you could havemoppet it yourself.You've paid R$34 and wanted a service of a private room,kind of person who pays for a tourist seat in a flight and wants a first class service, get real, save money and go to a HOTEL next time, you're not wellcome here-it's for real backpackers

Great hostel, very helpful staff and owner! Helped me out when I was in need. Salvador is generally not the safest place on earth, but at least this hostel is pretty safe. Fully recommended!

We're very happy to know that we've reached our aim - that's what we are here for,not only to provide only fun or entertainment but above all, to help the guests when needed. Danke!!

Great hostel: good location, wi-fi, awesome breakfast, big lockers in the dorms, and amazing staff!

Thank you!! We're very flattered with a comment like this coming from such a nice young lady !

Barra Guest was such a great hostel - I'm so pleased I chose beach location over City centre. The staff are so helpful and informative and went out of their way to make a very indecisive traveller, decisive! 7pm free capis always a bonus! Breakfast is amazing so much choice and plentiful! It's easy to get the airport bus and rodovaria bus - which the staff can direct you to. Barra is a great place to stay, very chilled and safe with plenty of restaurants, bars and shops.

• 20th Aug 2013

Hello, hello young lady, it was lovely to have you here and discuss about your next destination, I hope you've enjoyed though. Brazil is huge, Bahia is huge, a good reason for you to come back ;)

Very helpful, nice and easy going staff, wonderful breakfast (home made cakes every morning!) and very good position to take busses nd go out at night. Nice hostel to discover Salvador!

Thank you guys !! It was a pleasure to have you all here. I was so sorry when I heard you were robbed at Pelourinho :( anyway, great to know you enjoyed your staying and the fresh home cakes !!

BHG is one of my favourite hostels of all time! We started our journeys here, and after 7 months, our return was like coming back home. It was fantastic to be reunited with the BGH family, and enjoy and excellent breakfast, staff service and chilled out atmosphere. We can't wait to go back to the best hostel in Salvador!

You guys have no idea of how great I felt when I saw you walking back home. Yes, home! I remember exactly the first time you were here before carnival and now after your long trip. I'm very happy to know you enjoyed staying here as much as we enjoyed having you guys here, specially before you flew home where all your family and friends were waiting for you. Well, you've got friends here and a place you can call home :) Barra Guest Hostel is definatelly your place in Salvador!!!