Barra Guest Hostel Reviews

Rua Recife 234, Barra, Salvador, Brazil

Great place. Good English, decent breakfast (great guava juice), not bad location, and a very helpful staff. The rooms are clean, and the free caipirinha time is quite nice touch. I mean, the techno music was a bit strange, but we grew to enjoy. Great price, good toiletries, advice for activities from the staff and super safe. Definitely recommend for a stay in Salvador.

Thank you very much for your comment, we're really happy that you enjoyed our place. The music is a techno lounge. Most of the time lounge but in a certain time of the day it becomes techno lounge and we got used to it as well as I liked only chilled out :) Thank you for staying with us!!

Great location, staff are all friendly and helpful, has all the facilities you could need - highly recommended!

• 11th Jun 2013

Thank you!!! It was really great to have you here and listen to you playing your songs - Your Portuguese is also very good, thanks again, hope to see you soon

It was a pleasure to stay there :) Really helpful and friendly staff!!! Only 10 minutes to the beach. Loved the daily Caipirinha Happy Hour ;) Obrigada!!!! beijos

It was OUR pleasure to have you here, I really enjoyed the chats and the way you see the world. Thank you for being with us, beijos, querida :)

Great hostel!!! Good location, friendly staff and relaxed atmosphere!!

Thank you very much, we're really glad that you've enjoyed your stay. Merci :)

Nice place and good value, I've stayed there before and would stay there again, the staff and very friendly and helpful.

Thank you, it was really great to have you here. I went with you till the door to open it - it's a Brazilian sign that we'd like to have you back :)

This is a great hostel, the staff are friendly and super knowledgable and speak english. The free Caipirinha every night doesn´t hurt either.

:) Thank you so much, it's a pleasure to have travellers like you who makes our job so nice !!

The hostel is a big house in the best region of Salavador (Farol da Barra). It is bythe side of Shopping Barra and close to main bus stops. It is a posh neighbourhood. The staffs are lovely and ready to help at any time. The hostel also serves "caipirinha" every night. Congratulations for all and specially for the German guy , owner of the hostel (very good Portuguese speaking,lol).

Thank you from us all - specially from the "german" looking guy who happens to be Brazilian but lived in Germany, England and Spain. As you can see, we're all backpackers :)

I had such an amazing time in Salvador, both in and outside of the hostel. The staff was very friendly and helpful, the facilities were kept clean, and every night guests were offered free Caipirinhas!

We're really happy to hear that. That's our aim and feel that a guest left not only our Hostel but our city happy makes every little effort count. Thank you :)

Top position close to the beach, very nice stuff and atmosphere.

Thank you, nice travel!

Nice people, good hosting. I will probably come back to... Thanks!

• 2nd May 2013

You're super wellcome :)

By far the best Hostel I´ve been. Excellent Breakfast, superfriendly and helpful Staff, perfect Location and very clean! Really don´t understand the review below - excellent bars and restaurants just around the corner and the Staff goes beyond to help you and give informations! Highly recommended and I´ll definitly come back!!!!

• 30th Apr 2013

Thank you! Don't bother about the review bellow, it was planted and we know it. You're super welcome and do come back and bring your girlfriend next time ;)

We stayed in the standard double room and it smelt like excretion/sewage. No good restaurants nearby by. Staff told us it would take one and a half hours to get to Morro de São Paulo. It took three and a half to four hours. I do not recommend going there for a day trip. New showers needed.

Have you found yourself yet? Keep your mouth shut and the bad smell will disappear. Try it!! And don't think, the smell will get even worse. Hope you never ever find this way back, such a negative vibe - do me a favour - stay away. Get lost!

Very clean, fun, convenient, seems to attract the best and nicest travelers, fantastic in every way.

• 9th Apr 2013

We're happy that you enjoyed your stay, it gives even more enthusiasm to do our best :)

We stayed there for about a week and it was so convenient! Really fun and relaxed atmosphere where we met super cool people. It was the perfect hostel vibe and we made some nice travel friends! Some highlights included going out in Pelorino on Tues night, Rio Vermelo on Fri night and Jam no Mam on Sat night with the other guests in the hostel, and drinking caparinhas every evening and doing yoga in the front area!

Thank you, as I always say, the "atmosphere" of the hostel is made by you guests. Good people atracts good people and we could feel the nice vibe - then everything went easy and laid back. Thanks again for staying with us

Had a perfect stay here, couldn't have been better! Thanks to the very kind staff.

The hostel was very good. The staff is friendly and I liked the room.

Hello, thank you for your time to make your review. Unfortunatelly sometimes for more the staff kill themselves cleaning the whole area some guests don't give a damm and use plates, glasses, mugs and leave where they want. I'm sorry about that. We really did our best and hope next time you come you find another group than the one that was here

Had a great time and stay here. I feel that the showers need some improving.

• 18th Mar 2013

I'm happy you had a great time :) I'd love to change the shower system but it's way too expensive so I changed all the showers during the Xmas but with the use it gets how it gets. Nice travels!!

Good location a couple of blocks from the beach and a bunch of restaurants to choose from. Clean and comfortable.

Thank you girls for your feedback. We're working hard to give you the best. Nice travels!!

The hostel was very nice, excellent ladders, personal lights and plugs, free capirinhas . Mattress was thin and needed replacing. Very quiet so as a solo traveller not the best place to go, arranging tours proved very difficult if you are on your own and overpriced. If i had been there as part of a group or in a couple I would have enjoyed my stay more as I did not feel safe going out in Salvador on my own.

You've built up such an horrid wall that none of us or people from the tour was able to break and reach you. It was you and your IPhone, your IPhone and you. I asked the other guests if they wanted you in their tours but the answer was no so you had to go on your own in a PRIVATE TOUR that is obviously more expensive and the tour guides went beyond their way to please you but nothing was good for you. I guess not even you is good for you so blame the world!!!! I really don't miss you and don't want you back, thank you!

Excellent helpful English speaking staff in a relaxed safe hostel. They do tours - both of which we enjoyed immensely. Top hostel stay in Brazil so far!

• 28th Feb 2013

Hello!! Thank you for your feedback, your opinion is very important for me and I really really want to improve so next time you'll enjoy more. :)