Barra Guest Hostel Reviews

Rua Recife 234, Barra, Salvador, Brazil

Best hostel visited so far. Good location wonderful staff, excellent breakfeast , spacious, clean and confortable rooms, free caipi. Would highly recommand it and come back with great pleasure

It'll be a pleasure to have you back!!! Everyone enjoyed your companion and it was quite interesting to know more about your country. Thank you so much for choosing us.

Great hostel

The staff here were excellent - very keen to help, extremely friendly and they even found me companions for the taxi ride to the airport (saving me some pennies). The breakfast was delicious (one of the best I've had in my 7 months of travel). It was a short walk to the beach and very close to a very nice shopping mall (for those that like shopping). It was also not too far to find a bus to take you to the historic centre. It also seemed very easy to meet other travellers.

Hello, thank you for taking your time to write a review and describe the hostel with your perspective. Hope you continue to enjoy your travel :)

all very good, very happy about the hostel and the place

• 31st Oct 2013

You know we all felt happier whenever you arrived at the hostel, we like you very much and you're very wellcome. Please come back to visit us when you can :)

It´s my second time in Barraguest Hostel and i enjoyed it. Keyko and Natcha are very kindly and helpful. Barraguest is very well located, it's near the beach and also has a shopping center next to the hostel. The breakfast is awesome. Rooms are clean, internet is ok. Resuming ... it's a very good hostel. I'd recommend it !!! Eric

Thank you a lot, we hope you come back for the 3rd, 4th, 5th, any and everytime you want, you're very wellcome. I agree with you GVT is not the best anymore, I might change the internet provider as they sell more than they can handle and we had those days that it dropped or was slow. Good point!!! I listened carefully about how you travelled and you gave me some good ideas. Thank you for staying with us :)

One of the best hostels I've ever been to. The city is quite unsafe, which makes this hostel a diamond in a world of inequalities, waste and destruction.

• 7th Oct 2013

Thank you, we really enjoyed chatting with a philosopher that surprinsingly had the same view as us about lots of things. I am really flattered with your review as I know you travel a lot for congress and stuff around Europe and then you landed here and...loved it!!!! Best Regards to your family that we don't know but they have a house here now when you decide to come back. All the best for you always and thank you for choosing us.

the hostel has a very good atmosphere. keyko the owner loves what she is doing. she helped us with everything and enjoys to get to know the people sleeping in her hostel. most of the staff is very friendly and helpful - some are still in training. we slept in a 4bed room, beds were ok bathroom was clean. breakfast is great! and also the lounge is very relaxing. I would go there again!

I'm very happy that you stayed long enough to get to know me and the passion I have for my work. Thank you for understanding that we have staff still in training and to be so nice to everyone: I mean everyone: staff and other travellers - not surprised you've made so many friends. I do hope you come back again :)

Great hostel! The location is perfect and the breakfast was typical of Bahia which I really liked... they would even make you eggs in the morning too! Would definitely stay here again, Barra is the best place to stay in all of Salvador by far. The free caipirinha was also a plus

Thank you !! It was absolutely great to have you around, it's always nice to be surrounded by cool people so the atmosphere is always great and everything goes smooth and all of us enjoy more and more doing what we really have passion: to help travellers to get the best of Salvador. Good people always inspires me to cook different and creative stuff every morning with pleasure. Thank you for being here and we hope you come back in a near future :)

The hostel is pretty typical for the category of hosting. The environments are organized and very presentable, offering a comfortable and welcoming atmosphere. The negative points I would highlight are the small carpets of the bathrooms that don't absorb the water spilled from the shower, leaving the floor all wet; and the poor quality of the beds, that much like the cabinets, can be quite noisy,

• 9th Sep 2013

Oh,really? Haven't you noticed that I have use a big S to make sure that everyone could see it IS a HoStel If you close the shower doors the water won't split, it's that simple!Besides you could havemoppet it yourself.You've paid R$34 and wanted a service of a private room,kind of person who pays for a tourist seat in a flight and wants a first class service, get real, save money and go to a HOTEL next time, you're not wellcome here-it's for real backpackers

Great hostel, very helpful staff and owner! Helped me out when I was in need. Salvador is generally not the safest place on earth, but at least this hostel is pretty safe. Fully recommended!

We're very happy to know that we've reached our aim - that's what we are here for,not only to provide only fun or entertainment but above all, to help the guests when needed. Danke!!

Great hostel: good location, wi-fi, awesome breakfast, big lockers in the dorms, and amazing staff!

Thank you!! We're very flattered with a comment like this coming from such a nice young lady !

Barra Guest was such a great hostel - I'm so pleased I chose beach location over City centre. The staff are so helpful and informative and went out of their way to make a very indecisive traveller, decisive! 7pm free capis always a bonus! Breakfast is amazing so much choice and plentiful! It's easy to get the airport bus and rodovaria bus - which the staff can direct you to. Barra is a great place to stay, very chilled and safe with plenty of restaurants, bars and shops.

• 20th Aug 2013

Hello, hello young lady, it was lovely to have you here and discuss about your next destination, I hope you've enjoyed though. Brazil is huge, Bahia is huge, a good reason for you to come back ;)

Very helpful, nice and easy going staff, wonderful breakfast (home made cakes every morning!) and very good position to take busses nd go out at night. Nice hostel to discover Salvador!

Thank you guys !! It was a pleasure to have you all here. I was so sorry when I heard you were robbed at Pelourinho :( anyway, great to know you enjoyed your staying and the fresh home cakes !!

BHG is one of my favourite hostels of all time! We started our journeys here, and after 7 months, our return was like coming back home. It was fantastic to be reunited with the BGH family, and enjoy and excellent breakfast, staff service and chilled out atmosphere. We can't wait to go back to the best hostel in Salvador!

You guys have no idea of how great I felt when I saw you walking back home. Yes, home! I remember exactly the first time you were here before carnival and now after your long trip. I'm very happy to know you enjoyed staying here as much as we enjoyed having you guys here, specially before you flew home where all your family and friends were waiting for you. Well, you've got friends here and a place you can call home :) Barra Guest Hostel is definatelly your place in Salvador!!!

Wonderful staff that was happy to help. Near the beach, and they'll let you borrow things like beach chairs and umbrellas! Breakfast was my favorite in all of Brazil! The owner personally makes different things everyday like crepes and eggs. Highly recommended.

Thank you guys, I have to say that it was really really nice to have you here as guests, that's what inspires me to create new things and keep on thinking on new stuff to offer to great people who will pass by my small hostel. Thank you for choosing us.

Fantastic place, really made my stay in Salvador memorable in a positive way. The staff are really friendly, can't do enough to help you and optiise your stay. Thank you for the smailes, the chats, the caipirinhas and the amazing banana and chocolate pancakes! Hope to go back one day :)

All the good vibe you gave us came back to you, it's a real pleasure to cook for someone like you - always wellcome at anytime. As I said at the gate: See you soon :)

It is a very nice hostel! Staff was super friendly and made our stay even better.Very good located near the beach and a supermarket right around the corner. Breakfast was absolutely the best! fresh fruit, cakes, cereals and on demand made pancakes, eggs, etc was the best we had! The free caipirinha every night was really nice and a great opportunity to meet new people. The only downside was that the beds weren't the most comfortable, but the whole positive experience compensated well for that!

Thank you very much for your comment. We're trying to improve more and more and change the mattresses as soon as we can. We're happy you've enjoyed your stay here as much as we've enjoyed having you here. Nice travels!!

This hostel is clean, hospitable and spacious. The staff are incredibly friendly and the breakfasts are big. If you're looking for a hostel in Salvador that is near the beaches, I highly recommend this hostel!

Thank you!! We really give our best to please every guest and we're glad that you enjoyed the hostel - we do hope we'll see you again in a near future. All the best

Keyko makes a fantastic breakfast - ask her about her crepes! Location in Barra is quite far from the airport (approx 100 Reais cab ride if you choose this option), although once you are in Barra, the proximity to beach, lighthouse, local bars is great. Overall a good experience. Laid back vibe, good people.

Thank you for your review. It's not Barra that is quite far from the airport. The airport is far from Barra and most all the good neighbourhoods. In the website it's clear that the price of a taxi is R$ 90,00 (and not R$ 100) but your mum wanted one in the middle of the night for R$ 60,00.What I don't get is why you booked a room for you, your brother and your mom -above the guests' average age in a six bed dorm breaking the atmosphere for everyone. A private room would cost only R$30 more

I really felt at home at Barra Guest Hostel. The staff and the owner were excellent at suggesting interesting activities to do. You could borrow surfboards, deck chairs and parasols to take down to the beach (which is only a 10 minutes walk away). The hostel was clean, spacious and secure. The breakfast was the best breakfast I´ve ever had whilst travelling. Every night you received a delicious (and free) caipirinha I would definitely stay there again. Thanks again for the pleasant stay.

You know, when you left the Hostel I really missed you already. I wished that every guest was nice, kind, polite and above everything, respectful. Not all the travellers are like you so I guess that everywhere you go you'll be very wellcome. Good people attracts good people and good things. I wish you all the best and hope to see you in a near future